ADT

ADT Employer Reviews

Poor Structure
Residential Sales Rep (Former Employee), LouisianaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: paid once a week
Cons: terrible company structure and communication
Poor management.. You don't get paid until the system is installed and that could take 2-4 weeks.. Quota is hard to meet because the company sales over the phone before the rep has a chance.. High turnover amongst sales reps simply because the company thinks they are dime a dozen.
Was a great group of people to work with
Existing Customer Representative (Former Employee), Manatee, Sarasota CountiesJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: busy days meeting new people and situations
Cons: changed compensation program
Outside sales, resell to existing customer base who have ended there contact, or has had difficulties' with various aspects of the program
hard to have to base your income only comssion
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAJanuary 16, 2015
hard company to work for due to people already having a negative mindset toward the company.
Great to work at, not so good at keeping sales reps
Residential Resales Representative (Former Employee), austin txJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: make your own hours
Cons: entirely comission
Working there is awesome, but the pay is entirely commission based and the training pay goes away after 5 months, so the turnaround rate is very high. The work is good if you like talking to people and are skilled, but it's hard work. The management is accepting and able to help you with what you need to do, but they can only do so much. If you don't fill a monthly quota then you could get terminated from employment, but it's an event driven occupation, making it hard sometimes to find someone willing to listen and possibly buy.
Great training, fun environment and positive workplace
Security Installation & Sales Technician (Current Employee), Marlton, NJJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free breakfast once a week
Cons: benefits are a bit expensive
The morning starts at 6:45 a.m., we receive our equipment for the day along with all our paper work. Sometime we ride to our installs with an associate to get more training. The hardest part of the job would have to be the time spent alone driving to a house 2 hours away. I do like the independence from some manager on top of you. Co workers are great, sort of like a small family.
management
Technical Support Associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 4, 2015
typical work day is first shift 8 to 430. The management is very distant from the co workers, the job in itself is easy yet redundant, there is not really an enjoyable part of this job or position
ADT was a good place to work until the merger of ADT/Tyco International
Burg/Fire Alarm Installer-17yr/Fire Inspector-11yr (Former Employee), Anaheim, CA-- SLC, UTJanuary 1, 2015
While working for ADT prior to the merger with Tyco the company was a great place to work. The general manager was a part of management as well as persons in the field. There were Christmas parties with dinner, dancing, raffles and prizes. There were summer BBQs for the entire family. The healthcare benefits were great. The company matched the funds dollar per dollar into the 401K's.
There was a great pension plan for your retirement.

After the merger of ADT/Tyco there were no more Christmas parties. There was no recognitions of accomplisments. Management and persons in the field were two seperate "companies." The general manager was not knowledgeable of anything but the management departments. The benrfits were not as good and the matching of funds for the 401K stopped. There was a freeze put on pension benefits. After 28 years with this company I will receive $462.00 a month (before taxes) for my pension. I was forced to retire and told my knowledge was not important enought to the company to keep me employed. To my knowledge the position I had has not been filled. My duties while employed are not being completed as scheduled.
ADT and Tyco IS was a good place for Job and Life balance for me..
Team leader within our company (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great place for folks with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Cons: i had none..
As a remote employee a typical day would start around 6:30 AM with co workers team calls on the East and run until 5:30 to 6 PM PST.

Daily activity includes :

1.Resolve technician issues in the field .

2. Work with Construction company's change orders.

3. Create scopes of work for customer new projects. The projects usually include coordination with other venders. ex. Electrician, Elevator., HVAC, Energy Management and Fire Marshall or AHJ's (authority having jurisdiction)

4. Work with application and sales folks when opportunity's arise from customers desires.We would create a scope of work and sales estimate with material and labor to roll out thru the U.S. offices.
so/so
Security Advisor (Current Employee), Fresno, CADecember 28, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: managment alls talking about numbers
i been there almost a year and i been through 5 managers, crazy right no job security , job culture is no real when you go to Ind they blow it up then you come back down to earth after a few weeks lol
Don't believe the commission offer
Security Systems Account Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 28, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
As a Small Business rep, I was told I would be making anywhere from 60K plus... Not true. More like 20K. The unethical practices that the Bakersfield office hosts will make you sick. Make you poor and teach you to be a very dishonest salesperson. The installers will undersell you right out of a contract, the sales manager will be on everybody's side other than the sales people. You just have to work there to find out for yourself.
Productive and fast pace work place
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 28, 2014
The company is growing rapidly and it appears that growth could be possible if new positions are created.
Financial Burden
Sales (Former Employee), MelvilleDecember 24, 2014
Pros: home owners
Cons: management
Go away for a week and learn how to talk to home owners. Not product. PK knowledge would be very important. Especially when a customer questions you on security products. Usually takes 90 days to get your tablet. You don't get the proper tools . I guess it depends on the right Manager.. You can have one who is involved. Or the one who shows up or doesn't. Always out or unavailable because of personal problems. ..I get it now. It doesn't matter just sell.
if you do. Great..oh wait they were set up with a ADT Dealer so what you sold the to customer is called a ad on..You drove 36 miles ...You made $24.00. and your Manager needs to put it through..If it actually goes through. ..Manager out again.and again...Nice person I hear from the veteran sales. .That's because they can do what ever they want...
New to the job..Beware you will not make a living with in 6 months...can you afford it..plus reimbursements might be taught to you..Manager will most likely tell you ."will take care of that tomorrow"...No that will not happen...Manager not around again.....Also thete is no one who can help. No Human Resources in the Melville N.Y. office.
place should be audited. ....
it was ok
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
A typical day at work is waking up in then morning gong door do door and trying to sell ADT alarm system and sometimes iI would have a good week selling a few and sometimes none at all. I have learn to close deals much better. The hardest part of the job is still getting up when it's cold, raining or both and still going out to make a sale. The enjoyable part is seeing my customers happy with there system
The best yet
Home Security Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: weather
A day in the life of ADT worker is absolutely unpredictable. Everyday brings new challenges. I learned to communicate better with people. Management was the best i ever had the opportunity to work with. Very energetic and positive all the time no matter if there were ups or downs. I worked with others from different backgrounds and cultures but all were on similar accord when it came to accomplishing the ultimate goal. Like family. The hardest part about this job was not knowing the type of people you could come across and being in the wrong neck of the woods doing any type of business. The most enjoyable part was being in control of my financial gain and completing an agreement with a client.
Enjoyable
Cold Caller (Former Employee), West Allis, WIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: i worked from home
Cons: my supervisor was wonderful but her boss was not
My supervisor was a very pleasant person to work for. I was in constant touch with her. The hardest part was getting in touch with the clients you were trying to call.
no comment
Security Consultant (Former Employee), Plymouth maDecember 10, 2014
On-site consultant to customers. Learned to provide security analysis of both home and businesses to keep their properties safe and protected from potential problems with both security and fire safety.
Great company
Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Torrance, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: great commision structure
Cons: too many meetings
Great company that gets by on its name.but still offers great products. They are the industry leader and use that to get more sales across the board. You have to be really organized working with this company.
ADT corporate residential sales rep
Security Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: decent income, name brand recognition
Cons: no focus on the customer experience, terrible communication with the installation team, overscheduling which leads to cancellations, terrble morale in the office
I knew I did not want to work for ADT when I learned that their parent company TYCO was buying my company in January of 2010. I started looking for a job and found a competitor that I am much happier working for. The office environment at the corporate branch in Pleasanton was terrible. They make you work like dogs, making you do an ineffective call night every Tuesday night when you should be home with your family. I think ADT dealers are the scourge of the industry. ADT is not focused on the customer experience, only the bottom line. If ADT was the only security company to work for, I would find something else to do.
a typical day at work
Technician (Former Employee), Saint-Thomas-la-Garde, B9December 7, 2014
Pros: i buy my lunch
Cons: short brakes
normally a typical day at work would be going to different locations to set up cameras. my duties would include climbing up pole, going in to small areas where other employees can not reach to set up wires and cameras
Flex schedule; advancement portential.
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 2, 2014
Pros: health benfits; paid time off; flex schedule
Cons: 100% comission; poor training
Great work environment. Liked the fact that you could work from home when you had local appointments.

Learned to be self sufficient. Job also improved my punctuation and enhanced my organizational skills.

Management was not the best. There were many management changes happening when I joined the company. This lead to poor training and poor sales results. Also did not like the fact that it was 100% commission.

1 2 3 4 5

About ADT

Burglar at your window? ADT wants you to be armed and calm with its alarms. The company provides products and services used for – Read more