Adtalem Global Education Employee Reviews

Great place to work, the peopel are wonderful.
RPR (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 18, 2018
My position (like so many in the company) is phone based. I used to work with students directly, but now with partner organizations. Although being on the phone can get tedious at times, my co-workers, students, and managers have all made the job great. Don't misunderstand, the work is hard, and there can be plenty of stress (like any job), but the company truly works to maintain a sane and workable environment.
Pros
Great people, great benefits
Cons
Hard work, can get tedious
Productive and team oriented place to work
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is my team and being able to leverage each others strengths to achieve our goals. My job gives me the work life balance that I need to be successful inside and outside of the office!
Significant Culture Change
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 2, 2018
No longer the supportive place it used to be. Change in leadership and values have shifted away from employees to shareholders. A once open and sharing community has devolved to a secretive and stressful environments.
A waste...
Director - IT Foundations (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILDecember 1, 2017
It is a shame that this place could be so unhealthy to work at. I actually left because I flat out just didn't like walking in the door every morning. They didn't appreciate hard work and it was a group of people that had to play favorites and if you were not with the "In crowd" you were out. The CIO was one of the worst senior leaders I have worked with in my 25+ year career
Workplace culture
Technical Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2017
Good team work
Flex Work
Nice work environment
Good learning experience
I love to work with this company to get retire if get appropriate salary and position.
National Dean for Hospitals (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2017
Work with commitment and passion for the mission of the organization. Do the best i can do with the team and staff to get the most of our productive day. Keep the work place a fun with the attmost respect for the rules and regulations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the great outcomes of the team and the success of the staff and students.
Lay off central
Student Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Carrington CollegeNovember 3, 2017
Adtalem (formerly Devry) lays off employees like no other! The company is going through so many changes right now. Constantly laying off people, then rehiring. Every department is affected by layoffs with no notice. Management is poor. They come up with an idea to automate processes, lay off employees, then it doesn’t work so they rehire and continue the process. This company does not communicate. Impossible work loads and expectations. Micromanaged. Great benefits, only if they keep you around long enough to use them. I would not suggest working here.
Pros
Benefits, free tuition
Cons
Poor management, over worked.
Great Organization
Password Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 3, 2017
Great Place to Work. The Co-workers were friendly and helpful in whatever way possible. Management was always present and helped in whatever way they could.
Dynamic and fast paced environment
Network Engineer (ISO) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
In this dynamic and fast-paced environment, student (customer) satisfaction and systems uptime are the priorities! This brings out the best in me to always be on top of my game which is the most enjoyable part of the job. Solid communication is one of the cornerstones of this job
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
N/a
Working From Home
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 27, 2017
The benefits were good but you had to pay for them. If you weren't in the click you got no where. Many layoffs and still continuing. Job security no longer exists.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Click oriented, micromanaging, pay lousy.
Excellent
Professor (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 25, 2017
Excellent place to work. I would tell anyone to work there. If you love to teach and value the quality of one's future, invest in becoming an instructor and working there.
Terrible place to work.
Associate Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILOctober 12, 2017
Low pay, long hours (with no compensation), management heavy, impossible to reach deadlines, poor project organization, only 2 weeks of vacation at most for starting 8-10 days (with rare chance of increase), very biased view points that cause discomfort, contacted during vacation or sick time, and no paid lunch break.

Typical day at work: Fixing a production issue that is caused by lack of organization on a project that was rushed.

I learned that this is not the place for me.

Management can be fine, but generally is lacking in any sort of backbone. Whatever the higher ups say they do. Nobody argues against it, even if it would benefit the company.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with all of the above on a day-to-day basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working from home.

The worst part is they do not practice what they preach, hence all the negative press.
Pros
Working from home, flexible schedules
Cons
Check the full review.
Egos run rampid
SR Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 4, 2017
Management is not in it for anyone but themselves. Business egos run amok. Long hours, not friendly to personal time. Ask you to take laptops on vacations.
Pros
work at home part time
Cons
environment
I never worked a tthis company
Admissions Advisor- Technical Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
I worked at DeVry University as an admission advisor. Technical Leader who provided excellent consultation and customer service to current and prospective students. Assisted both military and civilian students in reaching both their educational and career goals. Expert in using SalesForce.com to manage inquiries while guiding students through careers by aiding them through the admissions and finance process. Worked on specialized inbound teams based on my conversion rates. Motivated others to achieve goals in times of rapid market changes and helped my sales team hit goals. Serviced deployed military students in different time zones with enrollment, accessing classes
Pros
flexible schedule
Very poor executive leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 2, 2017
Massive layoffs at the wrong level. The company has not achieved intended business outcomes for years and has been in a cost cutting mode for way too long. This has resulted in way too many layoffs at the wrong level and no accountability for the poor company performance at the Executive Leadership level. IT and Business Leaders are not visible, not engaged and talk about culture but do not set the example. Poor system and process performance. Poor governance over investments and business outcomes.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Executive Leadership
unsure
Account Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 1, 2017
I wasn't there long enough to provide an accurate review for I was released right after training for reasons I'm still unsure of. I was told employee feedback...what???
Pros
friendly
Cons
unskilled management
Prepare for Layoff
Registrar Services (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 14, 2017
working here in the beginning is great, but it went downhill. They are constantly cutting staff, hiring cheaper people, promote and then layoff in an endless cycle. Most managers are borderline useless. Constant reorgs happen and they cross train people constantly so they expect people to take on more work with less staff. STAY AWAY
benefits
Cons
oppressive work environment, no job security, minute raises
Excellent Place to Work
STUDENT FINANCE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 29, 2017
Challenging and great work-life balance. Organized company that truly does care about its colleagues and students. Some room for opportunity. Very focused on self-development and perk of working remotely.
Pros
Working Remotely
Cons
Lack of opportunity for growth in a timely manner
Work Culture
Student Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 10, 2017
Based on my review of Adtalem Global I believe there is a balanced work life and a healthy work environment which allows one to grow and be successful.
bottom line is profitability
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 26, 2017
Because of the settlement, they are outsourcing and laying off. It seems like people are so scared that everyone is abandoning ship. Decisions are not made with the students in mind, only making the new CEO look good and make the shareholders money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adtalem Global Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5