Long term potential up to 1 yr contract with perm option after period
Must reside (or be willing to relocate) to commutable distance from Wall St NYC zip: 10005
Mid level engineer with troubleshooting and support skills
CCNA, CCNP level of certifications desired
Skill set priorities are in this order: Cisco Route/Switch, Cisco IPT, Fujitsu Optical, NMS tools
Desires experience working in the financial services area supporting networks
Position Title: IP Network Engineer Reports To: Data Support Supervisor
The IP Network Engineer role involves the maintaining and supporting of mission critical voice and data services over a Multi-Protocol Layered Switching (MPLS) backbone, resolving telecommunications issues within our network and assisting with new service activations on a 24X7 basis (availability to work weekends and after hours is expected). This individual will be responsible for resolution of network and customer trouble tickets if requested; monitoring alarms, Domestic dispatch to US cities will be required.
Accountabilities with Expected Results:
1. General knowledge:
a. Data technologies: Market Data, Ethernet, IP, and optical (GigE, OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, OC-48/STM-16)
b. Knowledge of VLAN's and security
c. Network monitoring platforms
d. IP addressing and routing and VoIP
e. Carrier trouble handling of optical and Ethernet services
f. Assisting with enhancing network management strategies
g. Work with internal technical teams to improve service reliability.
2. Maintenance and troubleshooting of edge and Customer Premise Equipment (CPE): router, Ethernet switches, optical
a. Cisco routing and switching equipment
b. Security devices such as firewalls and session boarder controllers
c. Ethernet termination devices
3. Maintenance and troubleshooting of transport technologies:
a. Market Data Services
b. Fujitsu Optical Transport
c. Cisco ASR and Optical Switches/Muxes
4. Communicate technical issues and resolution methods to clients
a. Coordinate troubleshooting requirements to client
b. Identify plan of action for troubleshooting with client with minimal impact to service
c. Instill confidence in client as to steps that need to be taken
d. Document test method and results
e. Work with internal technical teams to improve service reliability.
1. Candidates must have a minimum of 12 years' Layer 3 experience in a Network Maintenance/Technical Support role.
2. Knowledge of telecommunications in the Financial / Trading Industry is a major plus.
3. Use of standard test-sets to test IP delay, jitter, and dropped packets
4. Proficiency in using Windows-based software
1. BS or BA from accredited university or equivalent work experience.
2. CCNA and CCNP certification desired
The Tier 2 IP Network Engineer role involves the maintaining and supporting of mission critical voice and data services over a Multi-Protocol Layered Switching (MPLS) backbone.
The responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Proactively identifying network troubles using multiple network management tools
- Troubleshooting customer networks to resolve performance issues
- Producing network maintenance and migration plans
- Assisting with equipment and service configuration
- Providing post implementation support to customers
- Assisting with enhancing network management strategies
- Work with internal technical teams to improve service reliability.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer's technical management and teams.
It is desired that the candidate is familiar with the following systems:
- Cisco Works
Required hardware familiarity
- Cisco Catalyst 2960 and 2960-C Series Compact Switches
- Cisco ME 2600X Series Ethernet Access Switches
- Cisco ME 3400 Series Ethernet Access Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches
- Cisco ME 4900 Series Ethernet Switches
- ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
- ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Router
- 7600 Series Router
- Catalyst 6500 Series
- 3900 Series Integrated Service Router
- 2900 Services Integrated Services Router
- 1900 Series Integrated Services Router
o ISG 24/26
o ISG 45
o ISG 5000/6000
Desired hardware familiarity
o DWDM 7060 Series
o Flashwave Series