Education: 4-yr College Degree preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork and customer support focus
- Strong Unix shell scripting
- Mid to advanced level Red Hat Linux 5/6 administration
- Familiarity/experience with HP Proliant and C class blade hardware for patching, diagnosis and repair
- Ability to handle numerous conflicting priorities in a professional manner
- Team building and problem resolution skills.
- OS Clustering for Red Hat and Solaris
- Red Hat Satellite Server
- HP Hardware Architecture and Acquisition
- Kickstart System Deployment
- Configuration Management
- Tivoli Monitoring (ITM)
- VMWare virtualization of Red Hat
- Enterprise Storage Area Network (SAN) server side configuration and concepts
- Experience with load balancing technology and concepts
- 3+ years of Red Hat
- 3+ years of HP hardware diagnosis and repair
- 3+ years of Unix shell scripting experience
The successful candidate will become a member of the Computing and Storage Infrastructure: Websvcs/Linux/EDI group within Information Technology Department.
- will be expected to serve as a team member in the Linux/EDI Team in a complex, mission-critical computing environment supporting primarily Red Hat Linux and some Solaris. The work associated with this position will be divided evenly between new projects and support activities.
- will be well rounded, possess maturity, vision, and a depth of experience that allows for grasping of issues quickly and making educated, critical judgments / decisions in the absence of complete information.
- must be able to work in a fast-paced 24x7 environment with on-call duties and must possess the ability to work with a diverse, high-performance team.
- will be expected to interface with customers, business partners, third-party suppliers/vendors, internal IT application programmers, and internal business contacts for both new development and problem determination/resolution; assist in designing, implementing, and supporting the corporate Linux/Solaris architecture as required for installed and proposed systems; act as a resource as needed during critical system outages to provide management with business impact information necessary to make decisions; assure the highest levels of stability, integrity, reliability, security, and availability of the Web Services environment under his/her responsibility ;
- will adhere to the established change control policies and prescribed procedures;
- will produce documentation and procedures regarding the proper use and operation of the corporate Web Services infrastructure; correct reported problems with software and communication interfaces under his/her responsibility; utilize a problem management tool to track open tickets and follow up to resolution and closure; and execute special projects or other related duties as required.
- will be expected to have excellent interpersonal skills for the purposes of requirements gathering and coordination with other technical teams, business partners, and third party vendors.
- must be sensitive when introducing new technologies to internal/external business partners but have the conviction to push through technologies that are in the best interests of the company.