Adtran Employee Reviews

great job or future career
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 2, 2017
very laid back but full of work. it will keep you busy but not to the point of it being stressful. i learned to read blueprints and processes, work machinery, and build various units. management are very family and make you feel at home. the hardest part of the job is meeting the required pace and assuring all orders are shipped in time. the most enjoyable part is the environment. it is a big family in there and we all know and enjoy one another. i job that i loved and will always love.
Pros
cafiteria, benifits (as full time), multiple breaks
Cons
working through temporary agency, short breaks
over worked and under paid
Financial Analyst, Finance / AR (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 15, 2017
Over Worked and very underpaid for what I had to do.
The Rules change every day and never stay the same
worked 60 plus hours a week
Friendly people to work with
Pros
Friendly
Cons
work more than 60 hrs a week
A Typical day
Lead Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 2, 2017
A typical day at work is when I am optical networking fiber, give me my guys there daily assignments, troubleshooting for light signal, and some cases installing a network system such as, TA5004, 1148V, 1148A, Alcatel Systems, corresponding with the PMs, reading the fiber redline design for FTTH, Running and troubleshooting fiber in the central office, replacing data cards and upgrading and installing new software
Temporary position
Writer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 16, 2017
Adtran is a telecommunications company. This was a contract temporary position to aid Adtran in preparing to be Customs compliant with new regulations.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
Temporary
Assembly
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 15, 2017
This was a relaxed environment. The pay was very low. This was a temporary position, but I enjoyed the people I got to work along side of. Supervisors were constantly checking on you.
Pros
Cafeteria food
Cons
Low pay
Great company.
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 10, 2017
Great company to work for as an entry level software engineer in network/telecom industry. Good compensation and benefits such as health care, life insurance, stocks.
Fantastic Co-Workers and Great Work/Life Balance
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 18, 2017
It's a great company to get a good start. Veteran developers are plentiful and helpful. Work/life balance is fantastic. Challenging and unique problems to solve.
Fun place to work but compensation could be better
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 18, 2017
I love the relaxed atmosphere but not enough pay for work that is expected. There should be a better pay scale for job descriptions given. management is great but do not fight for the pay increase.
Warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2017
Compound and architecture or the buildings was amazing. Took the stress off goimg to work. Warehouse is huge and a lot of ground to cover. Very nice cafeteria.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Job secruity
Very beautiful place to work and everyone is very friendly.
mechancial assembly (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2017
Staff is very friendly easy to get along with. Benefit is you work can work during the week or weekends, they are good about giving breaks when working long hours but the pay is not very good. There is no room for advancement at this time people have been there for years and like their jobs moving up would be difficult.
Pros
Several breaks given for long hours worked.
Cons
If you want to advance over the years would be very difficult to do so.
Good Company to work for but needs improvement in Professional Services Leadership
PMO Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 22, 2017
Adtran has had numerous Professional Services opportunities but has not sized the group to succeed. Overwork their management team and does not structure the leadership team with the right talent experience.
Great people,clean environment,
Functional Test Packer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 16, 2017
Great free coffee and tea.Clean beautiful building and landscaping I give it a 5 star rating. Great supervisor. The lead all ways willing to help and teach. Co-workers are professional and patient in assisting in any way they can. All though I work 2nd shift the atmosphere is always up beat and positive. Recognition is also given to a different department each month from HR. to keep motivation high.
Management needs restructuring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 8, 2017
Beautiful campus, lots of employee perks and great co-workers but some of management needs to be re-evaluated. Certain managers have about as much people skills as a floorboard and some of the upper management won't even acknowledge your presence if you fell on them. Job stability is a plus and co-workers are like family. Too bad a few rotten apples spoils this great bunch.
Pros
Family environment, job stability and great perks
Cons
Management needs a serious overhaul
Interesting workplace
Kitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 6, 2017
Adtran was an interesting workplace. I enjoyed the type of work I was assign more often than not. It was intriguing to see the components that make up a circuit board for a telecom backbone device. I enjoyed operating the lift trucks that I was able to for the job. As with any thing in life, not everyone meshes well. I would have liked more advancement and opportunities at other tasks, but I wasn't deemed a good fit until I mastered my main tasks
Pros
awesome "four - tens" schedule that I was on with a 3 day weekend every week, gorgeous facility and campus, ample break time, in house short order cafeteria per building
Cons
strict adherence to "continual improvement", uneven supervision in the raw materials warehouse
It is a good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 4, 2016
This is a very good company and a good place to work where everyone is very friendly. They do not have good management. I was the cashier in the kitchen I checked everyone out and made sure that no one needed help with anything.
Best place you would love working
Material Hander ECO/Purge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 28, 2016
I work with Adtran for 20 years start so a material handler that was pulling
parts for work orders send to production line. Work with engineering charges order etc. Inventory count part in diffident locations.
Ground floor
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Remote, PAAugust 1, 2016
Currently work from home-That is a benefit.
CO-Workers are hard working

Need more training-Lacking
Management support-Lacking
Not process oriented-Lacking
Great Company.
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2016
Love this company! Great people, great company, great benefits. The employees here are well respected and respect others. From the Executives down to the cleaning crew, everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Has good benefits
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 1, 2016
Good people to work with, friendly environment. Management is easy to talk to. Do your job and stay under the radar and you can stay forever.
Has a beautifully maintained campus with walking trails, in house cafe, A very pretty place to work at.
Pros
Open Door Policy, free internal business seminars, classes.
Cons
Not much room for job advancement, pay compensation is small.
a job
Engineering Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2016
most of the work done by Atran is done over seas. built test sets for production floor. then pack them up and send them to China
Pros
work
Cons
low pay