Adtran Employee Reviews

Interesting workplace
Kitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 6, 2017
Adtran was an interesting workplace. I enjoyed the type of work I was assign more often than not. It was intriguing to see the components that make up a circuit board for a telecom backbone device. I enjoyed operating the lift trucks that I was able to for the job. As with any thing in life, not everyone meshes well. I would have liked more advancement and opportunities at other tasks, but I wasn't deemed a good fit until I mastered my main tasks
Pros
awesome "four - tens" schedule that I was on with a 3 day weekend every week, gorgeous facility and campus, ample break time, in house short order cafeteria per building
Cons
strict adherence to "continual improvement", uneven supervision in the raw materials warehouse
It is a good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 4, 2016
This is a very good company and a good place to work where everyone is very friendly. They do not have good management. I was the cashier in the kitchen I checked everyone out and made sure that no one needed help with anything.
Best place you would love working
Material Hander ECO/Purge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 28, 2016
I work with Adtran for 20 years start so a material handler that was pulling
parts for work orders send to production line. Work with engineering charges order etc. Inventory count part in diffident locations.
Ground floor
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Remote, PAAugust 1, 2016
Currently work from home-That is a benefit.
CO-Workers are hard working

Need more training-Lacking
Management support-Lacking
Not process oriented-Lacking
Great Company.
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2016
Love this company! Great people, great company, great benefits. The employees here are well respected and respect others. From the Executives down to the cleaning crew, everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Has good benefits
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 1, 2016
Good people to work with, friendly environment. Management is easy to talk to. Do your job and stay under the radar and you can stay forever.
Has a beautifully maintained campus with walking trails, in house cafe, A very pretty place to work at.
Pros
Open Door Policy, free internal business seminars, classes.
Cons
Not much room for job advancement, pay compensation is small.
a job
Engineering Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2016
most of the work done by Atran is done over seas. built test sets for production floor. then pack them up and send them to China
Pros
work
Cons
low pay
Great Environment
CO-OP Program (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2016
The pay was a bit underwhelming as a CO-OP employee, but there was a great work environment with chances to grow a career.
Top 5 worst place to work in huntsville al
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 10, 2016
Worked there years ago in the warehouse for (drum role please) 7.77 an hour!!!! Worked days on weekends which the company was so cheap would not make it 40 hours on 3 days 12 hr shifts. I could not afford to eat at there amazing café ! Even worse had to go through a temporary agency so no benefits at all for 90 or may have been 120 days. It was a revolving door , people wouldn't come back after lunch breaks!! Because of that the supervisors were stand offish . not friendly. They know employees can not feed their kids on this. Which begs the question for honest work no decent pay , why would I stay? Something is wrong with this company knowing that some of their employees can't live off 7.77, and are on government assistance and programs while in 2014 net profit was .....44.6 MILLION!!!! Ta-Da. Just remember greed has no loyalty.
Pros
Beautiful property
Cons
Bad pay
Adtran
DC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 25, 2016
Company rarely lays people off. Pay increases are very slow. Nice people to work with. Will not close plant in inclement weather. Leaves it up to the individual if they come in during inclement weather. Overall a good place to work but pay is low.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
never closes for bad weather
productive and fun
Handload Operator/ Ict Tester (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 2, 2016
i like it there, its a friendly environment. a typical day is nice and slow. any one who likes a family environment. the staff us great, and there is slight room for advancement
Pros
free coffee, great managment
Cons
no benefits
prodution
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
great place to work very big company,has two building and three shifts I wrok there for 10 years love working there I worked in kitting ,and sorter
Adtran is a great place to work so long as you do not work the production floor
Test Engineering Floor Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2015
Management is just like management anywhere else. The people that you work with are generally good hardworking people. The pay is lower middle standard so long as you are not working on the production floor.
Flexible and the company culture is great.
Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 25, 2015
Overall, the company is an outstanding corporation to work for. The culture there is a lax one, and they actually treat folks like they are adults.

The down side with a larger company is the bane of any corporation and that is 'politics' that can hamper either advancement or even the possibility of a smooth ride during the duration of employment.

Though this company seemed to have less of an issue of it, there was pockets of politics and those who were in departments that were caught up in such, fared worse then the many who were more fortunate to work in departments that was less infested with politics.

Overall, a very fair company to work for, and when the company was forced into layoffs, the company went above and beyond to help those laid off to gain employment elsewhere.
Excellant place to work. Cafeteria and gym was a plus.
Lead Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2015
Processed payroll for over 2000 hourly and salaries employees. Worked with HR and Purchasing department. Enjoyed my co-workers and have meet life time friends. I learned a lot from my supervisor and my co-workers. Very fast pace work environment, which I loved because it keep me busy.
Pros
Room for growth and advancements
good work environment
AWT team leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 12, 2015
worked production it was shift work Monday through Thursday 6-4. cafeteria was awesome. gave employee discounts. All holidays off. decent pay.
Great in the past, losing vision now
Business Mgr (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Senior leadership does not have a central vision to share and guide the company. They are driving the company based on quarterly numbers expectations and keep pushing everyone to do more with less. This negatively impacts morale and reduces our ability to deliver to customer expectations.

Advice to Management
Develop and coherently deliver a simple and consistent vision for the company's direction.
Pros
Flexible work environment, reasonable benefits package, nice facilities at Huntsville campus.
Fair place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 7, 2015
In the call center you took calls as they came
as a Material Handler you took calls and got parts
How to interact with all types of customers
How to help get what customer needed
Management was mininial
Coworkers were normal
Hardest part of job getting parts and things as needed
Being able to move around and interact with other departments
Pros
hours were fair
Cons
healthcare
no games
SMT Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 11, 2014
good day at work.
I have learned to do a lot of different assemblies.
is good.
my co-workers are awesome.
no hard job at all.
all day is great.
I think adtran is a great company...stable and reliable
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2014
Really great place to work. It provides up to date products and Its clean environment and treats all employees fair and well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adtran. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3