Adtran Employee Reviews in United States

Flexible and the company culture is great.
Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 25, 2015
Overall, the company is an outstanding corporation to work for. The culture there is a lax one, and they actually treat folks like they are adults.

The down side with a larger company is the bane of any corporation and that is 'politics' that can hamper either advancement or even the possibility of a smooth ride during the duration of employment.

Though this company seemed to have less of an issue of it, there was pockets of politics and those who were in departments that were caught up in such, fared worse then the many who were more fortunate to work in departments that was less infested with politics.

Overall, a very fair company to work for, and when the company was forced into layoffs, the company went above and beyond to help those laid off to gain employment elsewhere.
Adtran is a great place to work so long as you do not work the production floor
Test Engineering Floor Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2015
Management is just like management anywhere else. The people that you work with are generally good hardworking people. The pay is lower middle standard so long as you are not working on the production floor.
prodution
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
great place to work very big company,has two building and three shifts I wrok there for 10 years love working there I worked in kitting ,and sorter
Excellant place to work. Cafeteria and gym was a plus.
Lead Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2015
Processed payroll for over 2000 hourly and salaries employees. Worked with HR and Purchasing department. Enjoyed my co-workers and have meet life time friends. I learned a lot from my supervisor and my co-workers. Very fast pace work environment, which I loved because it keep me busy.
Pros
Room for growth and advancements
Cons
Great in the past, losing vision now
Business Mgr (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Senior leadership does not have a central vision to share and guide the company. They are driving the company based on quarterly numbers expectations and keep pushing everyone to do more with less. This negatively impacts morale and reduces our ability to deliver to customer expectations.

Advice to Management
Develop and coherently deliver a simple and consistent vision for the company's direction.
Pros
flexible work environment, reasonable benefits package, nice facilities at huntsville campus.
Cons
senior leadership does not have a central vision to share and guide the company.
Fair place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 7, 2015
In the call center you took calls as they came
as a Material Handler you took calls and got parts
How to interact with all types of customers
How to help get what customer needed
Management was mininial
Coworkers were normal
Hardest part of job getting parts and things as needed
Being able to move around and interact with other departments
Pros
hours were fair
Cons
healthcare
Poor corporate philosophy
Test Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2014
Company is a follower rather than a leader in its industry, and is ridden with office politics and poor interdepartmental communication philosophies.
Pros
fair amount of personal freedoms at work, little oversight, relatively low work load and relatively high job security
Cons
no upward mobility, poor management structure, few perks, bad interdepartmental communication philosophy, office politics, poor management, low comparative pay.
good work environment
AWT team leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 12, 2015
worked production it was shift work Monday through Thursday 6-4. cafeteria was awesome. gave employee discounts. All holidays off. decent pay.
Productive, organized, clean, professional
Productions Tester (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 7, 2013
I used to assemble and test products made by Adtran. I learned basic co-worker interaction skills and developed my work ethic while holding this job. Management was effective without being overbearing. Consistently maintained good relationships with co-workers. The hardest part of this job was getting hired. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction between co-workers during assembly and testing of products.
Organize events and trade shows for the company
Corporate Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2013
Currently working on over 200 events and trade shows on a crew of two event managers with the schedule increasing. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is the physical labor of packing out equipment and supplies for the trade shows. On the reverse side of things, the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with people from all walks of life, from all over the world. Over a 17 year time-span I've made great connections in the industry, put my organizational and people skills to daily use and continued to enjoy my job.
Pros
adtran has a beautiful campus/work place.
Cons
management has changed over the years.

Want to know more about Adtran?

Ask a question
Where engineers are treated like royalty
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 27, 2012
Every engineer is given an office with a window. In fact the building was designed specifically to place all offices on the exterior of the building, and the labs on each floor are located centrally. No cubicles, natural light, and I even got to look out across the lake. Engineers are asked to move mountains, but they are well compensated and they gain a wealth of experience unmatched by many.
Pros
office with a view, engineers can do no wrong, engineers run the business.
Cons
huntsville al is a quiet southern town, it is not san francisco
Exciting and Friendly Company
Marketing Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2013
Capable management and co-workers with a team atmosphere helped getting work done much more friendly and simpler. I helped to optimize the reseller program and it was exciting to be able to find out and discuss ways for improvement and the steps needed to get there. I learned the value of data management and providing solid reports on how to communicate strategy effectively.
Stable company, and good people.
Global Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 17, 2013
I've been with this company a long while - and most who come to work here stay more than five years. There are rarely layoffs - and the structure is such, that if hard times come, people stay but you can expect some re-arrangement. If you can operate and adapt when change comes the better off and happier you will be as an employee.

It is true what they say, you don't mind not making as much money if you have a good boss. My manager is the best I've ever had. There are some managers within this company that are harder to work for - however, even the difficult ones will only make you better at your job.
Pros
not micro-managed. free coffee and tea. descent benefits package and tuition reimbursement.
Cons
poor raises, compensation vs. job description mismatched.
I think adtran is a great company...stable and reliable
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2014
Really great place to work. It provides up to date products and Its clean environment and treats all employees fair and well.
Pleasant atmosphere, growth opportunities.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, Al.December 7, 2012
ADTRAN is a place that will grow an employee in positive and upward ways. Education, opportunity, and competitive wages, with excellent benefit packages are strong. Job security is certainly a plus.
Pros
no time clocks, easy to work with people.
no games
SMT Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 11, 2014
good day at work.
I have learned to do a lot of different assemblies.
is good.
my co-workers are awesome.
no hard job at all.
all day is great.
descent company to work 4
Touch-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 4, 2012
this company was okay 2 work 4 i needed a job and they offered me an opportunity for employment.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
not enough money
very fun work environment.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 22, 2013
Great work hours. Learned about how orders came together and processed and shipped. Had well informed and friendly co-workers.
Very nice place
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2012
Co workers and managers are friendly.Work was very steady enviorment is very nice.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
short breaks
Priority Temp. Service (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2013
The workplace gave you room for advancement. Co-worker was easy to work with.
Pros
job security
Cons
hourly wages are low