Advance America

Advance America Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Altavista, VAOctober 20, 2014
I manage two employees, and enjoy everyday. I enjoy working with the customers that come in, and assisting new clients.
I enjoyed meeting new customer and getting to know them.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: when your co- workers treat you like you are family.
Cons: i don't like when you have to audit the cash register.
Created an air of mutual respect and trust with clients by listening, understanding, providing correct information to resolves their complaints. I Responded promptly and successfully in responding to customers queries with an ability to identify consumer, needs and problems. Displayed a professional attitude and maintained control during stressful situations. Co-workers and I Worked together on customers collections. The hardest part of the job is trying get customer pay their balance off. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers remember your name.
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TexasOctober 16, 2014
I learned how to manage and supervise other employees, I did stocking and open and closing of store.
unprofessional
Asst Manager (Former Employee), Mobile AlabamaOctober 16, 2014
was terminated for no reason, wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Room to grow in the company
Manager (Former Employee), Gardner, KSOctober 14, 2014
Pros: promotion
Cons: n/a
Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process. Explain to the customer the different types of loan and amounts we offer, as well as the terms and conditions. As a manger I would take the deposits to the bank before opening the store for the day. I made me and my coworkers schedule for the month. Also handled bankruptcy/ daily reports.
At the time had alot to offer
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
Love working with the public and my coworkers it was a very good work place.
The Atmosphere was good
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 10, 2014
Working at Advance America the staff was well equipped and had very good customer service skills. It made my job as a manager easier.
Good people ...for the most part.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: little micro managment
Cons: hours
Not the place to go if you want to move ahead. The people who work there are for the most part good people but as always the bad ones are what people remember.
good company with good management
Manager (Former Employee), Sonora, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: vacation, hours of operation, management team
Cons: pay for managers, work environment
fair company. decent hours. pleasure to work for. job environment could be a little stressful.
Like My Co-Workers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ocean Springs, MSOctober 3, 2014
Can't really say much about it. Like my co-workers thatI I work with.
This place is a JOKE!
Manager (Former Employee), cincinnati OhioOctober 3, 2014
Cons: horrible benefits, horrible pay, and horrible management.
This company is the biggest joke! Poor management and horrible compensation. Two stores were robbed during my employment and the company did nothing to make the stores safer for the employees. Too much stress for the pay.
Product driven ongoing changes
Center Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: shortage on district management
A typical day at work is to travel to the bank and to other sister centers when necessary. Marketing to find new customers, up sale to all new and existing customers. I learned to market on a consistent basis and build partnership with surrounding businesses that would benefit from Advance America's products and services.
Management is being worked on to accommodate current employees. Coworkers are hard working and energetic.
The hardest part of the job is the fear of being robbed because there is minimal security in the facility. Although there are locks on the door, meaning employees have the ability to let someone in. It is always the thought in my mind as to wonder is this or that person a criminal or not before I buzz them in, but you never know.
However, the most enjoyable part of the job is the marketing opportunities. Being able to get out and visit the competition in the surrounding community to build relationships is enjoyable.
It was a good work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Farmville, VASeptember 30, 2014
Working there was great. But once you had children things change.
Unachievable expectations with no tools given to help
Center Manager (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: one day off, low wages, expensive benefits
You were expected to have the business completely ready and function within a 30 minute timeframe. During the working hours the amount of work for the 2 person stores was very difficult to obtain on a daily basis. On top of the daily checklists, the corporate expectations were beyond reachable within the demographic area the store was placed. I was able to create some strong and caring relationships with customers. Being able to talk to them and get to know about their families, friends, and work was so enlightening.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, INSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: hours
I enjoyed going into work daily to see my customers and becoming familiar with the customers on a daily basis. Company was very laid back and friendly. Customers were awesome also.
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, COSeptember 18, 2014
Morning duties would consist of printing reports / putting all reports together. Then go to the bank after that put all cash drawers together.When that is all done it would be time to open the doors for business. Assist customer with cash payment/assist with cash loans. On down time I would do collection calls on past due customers. When that is all done I would call to remind customers of there due date. Management would be there if you need assistants. Coworkers were also very team oriented. the hardest part of the job was not enough staff to help out with customers.
Productive and fun
Center Manager (Former Employee), Canyon Country, CASeptember 17, 2014
Good team and our area supervisor Clarissa was the best, always took the time to listen to any ideas one may have to better the company.
Pretty decent job but can be stressful
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Shreveport, LASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: work schedule, off days, my manager
Cons: pay, benefits, and field calls
Its a pretty decent job. Its pretty much payday and title loans. The pay could be better but its room for advancement. The benefits could be a lot better. This is the type of job that consistently changes.
Fun, upbeat place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), FlSeptember 16, 2014
Very easy to move up in the company, (after 3 months, the supervisor wanted me to be a branch manager of one of the stores) Loving, joyous customers, which made your day easy. Management was poor, you would work this THOUSANDS of dollars and the only way to secure the money is a lock and key box. You would have to make bank runs everyday (sometimes mulitple times). No plexiglass like amscot
Defining functionality with the User
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), 135 N Church St Spartanburg, SCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: knowing a lot of people, having the option to suggest, learning the business
Cons: a lot of responsability and high risk of not including something to the requirement
This is the best part of what I do now, working along with the user to understand their needs and what they'd like the System to do is my favorite part since I am an easy going person who is truly interested on getting the real need for the business to suggest the best solution to have, in the end, a quality product

About Advance America

Like any entrepreneurial venture, Advance America started as a business enterprise in 1997 to fulfill a marketplace need. In the – Read more

Advance America Photos