Advance America Employee Reviews

decent pay and benefits
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Bushnell, FLFebruary 7, 2017
management is horrible in the place but you have job security... hard to keep people around. i dont feel like upper management really cares about youre safety just want to make sure you collect $ for them and nothing else
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
have to be willing to drop everything for them
Job Safety,Family
Center Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
You work alone long hours which is not good for your safety or family time for a single parent. You have to make bank runs and you could be robbed. I worked 6 days a week no time off.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Yazoo City, MSFebruary 7, 2017
Great place to work. This job I was able to be at home with my children and have a better balance of my family and work life. We get all the holidays off with pay after you have been employed for the correct time.
Pros
Good bonus plan
Cons
Calling the same people
fun working environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 5, 2017
making calls for reminders and collections.
how to be compassionate with customers in need
denying loans
being able to help people in financial needs
Pros
locaton
Cons
no medical coverage for cancer patients
Manager
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  BLUEFIELD VAFebruary 2, 2017
I worked for this company for three years I gave it everything I had to be ask if I wanted a manager postion in another area and I took that postion and I worked so hard and long hours to make the center right and I put my family aside to give this company all I had once I had the place looking good and exactly how they wanted it they let me go at 4 oclock in the evening for un foreseen cursumstances I didnt do anytng wrong except give my job all I had just to be let go for no reason
Pros
THERE WERE NOT ANY
Cons
UPPER MANAGEMENT SAYING THINGS LIKE, I DONT CARE IF A CUSTOMERS CHILD GETS DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER MAKE THEM PAY THERE BILL
Fun place to work, loved the people I worked with,and very friendly environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 27, 2017
I loved working for Advance America, I enjoyed the people I worked around. It was a very friendly environment, and if I had I not relocated, there is no doubt that I would still be working there.
Too much micro-management, continues to be low on staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 25, 2017
It doesn't matter what the manager of the center wants for that center, such as scheduling, upper management revises it. It is very hard to schedule appointments due to never knowing what day you may have off the next week.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Upper management
very fun place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 24, 2017
I love working for this company, it was like working with family. I had the best DDO you can ask for. As an area manager with this company they trained you as if you was a DDO. It was nothing my boss did I didn't know how to do.
Pros
Team work
friendly work place
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SD 57201January 24, 2017
Customer service was a high priority which I enjoyed. Being manager was challenging sometimes but over came the difficulties and grew from those experiences. The hardest part of the job was collections.
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJanuary 23, 2017
I don't feel like I was truly supported in my advancement. I was constant fussed at as if I was no one and pushed to quick until I had enough and resigned.
Great Location
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 23, 2017
If you enjoy meeting people and working with dynamic individuals in the Field at Advance America is a great place to work. Cross training talent into other areas of company could/should be a focus.
Pros
Ability to travel to meet Field operators
Cons
Development of talent
Fun place to work at.
Center Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 22, 2017
The environment is very fast paced. We deal with customers on a daily basis, sale products, originate payday and car title loans. Communicate with banks, DMV and MVA. There are set monthly goals that we have to reach and most of the time we exceed. We collect on past due accounts. We also do taxes. There are times that we have to turn difficult situation with a customer into a positive one. Every associate have to be patient and have great listening skills in order to be able to help our customers. I believe that overcoming work challenges help us grow and advance.
Routine
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Every day except for the beginning of the month same routine. Come in count register, assign register, open and take care of customer payment. At the end of the day close center, count registers, and go home.
Advance America
Also customer service (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OH 45764January 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with my team. I love to help the company grow. I have learned taxes, loans, and most of all fixing problems. The hardest part of the job, was getting my voice heard.
Pros
customers were awsome.
Good Job
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Clemens, MIJanuary 19, 2017
This job doesn't have much growth but you can gain alot of experience in banking and customer service and you will get a chance to meet alot of great people
hard place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 17, 2017
fast paced, very picky/ detailed management hard to please, expects way more out of employees doesn't pay enough for what they expect from you. Pay could be a lot better
Pros
garenteed an hour break daily
Cons
management not helpful
Great place to work with the right people.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAJanuary 16, 2017
You have clients that make your day. They are fantastic. My co-worker makes the day go fast. I enjoy that. The hardest part is the collections.
Pros
Great co-worker
Cons
No benefits
Cashier and stock
CSR (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 15, 2017
Make sure store was fully stock. Make sure customers was satisfied and their needs where meet. Make sure store was clean and organized.
time consuming/low pay
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Advance America doesnt want you to have a life and they dont pay you enough for the amount of work you do. there is favoritism and they dont treach the employees as good as they should. the safety sucks.
Pros
ge to meet new peole
Cons
healthcare and the hours
Worst place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 11, 2017
Worked for this company for 4 years and always the same routine everyday... if your lucky youll get a break but sometime we were left alone and no chance of breaks at all but we were force to write down that we took one anyway... i loved my manager but the DDO was so mean and didnt care to make you cry everyday about how bad or how you need to do better or else!... save your time! And stress! They dont even pay that great for all the stress you go thru..
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
No breaks and alot of stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9