Advance America Employee Reviews in United States

Customer Service Representative
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MINovember 30, 2015
Displaying excellent customer service with the handling of checks and cash. Daily bank runs and field calls. I learned that customer service is a big part of working with others. Don't let someone's nasty attitude determine who you are as a person looking forward to growth in positive ways of life.
Fun workplace
Center Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 23, 2015
Fun work place, very laid back until your budgets are out of line. Needs a better training program. The people there are very fun to be around. overall this company was enjoyable.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor upper management.
Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYNovember 22, 2015
Job is laid back but the base of your job is collections and marketing!! If people don't pay you are held accountable, if your business isn't growing and people don't come in to borrow money you are held accountable. If people pay off what they owe it's considered as losing to the company!! You are expected to get out and market the company everyday. If people don't pay you have to continuously call them to get them too pay!!
Pros
Laid back
Cons
No holiday pay for 6 months, no vacation time for 6 months, only off one Saturday a month and you are a collections rep
loans
Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 22, 2015
This was a a great company to work for because I really enjoyed helping people that needed to borrow a little cash. We had a big cliental and we got to know our clients well.
It's not all rainbows and butterflies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 19, 2015
When I accepted the position I was thrilled. I started off making $10/hr and the schedule was manageable. However, the list of responsibilities continued growing with no increase in pay. I was told in January of this year I was going to be promoted to Assistant Manager and as of November 6th, when I resigned, I still wasn't. However, I had all of the responsibility which comes with the title. I also never received my annual raise. My schedule continued getting worse. It was only myself and my manager in the center and she managed to schedule me open to close every day I worked while she slid by with 10-4 type days. It was 8:30 some nights before I got home with my 3 year old. I resigned because I was told I was selfish for wanting to attend a funeral and the manager would not accommodate for it. I feel the people in management have poor attitudes and are not equipped for the job title they have. All in all, it's nice if you have nothing else. Definitely a stepping stone and not a long term position.
Great Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 18, 2015
Advance Amercia was a wonderful company. There was not a great work/life balance. Worked with a lot of great people.It was easy to excel within the company.
Didn't like the direction the company was headed.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DENovember 17, 2015
Didn't like the direction the company was headed. Only paid us $.25 / mile. for our mileage. The door to door marketing they had us doing was dangerous for several reasons.
I enjoyed working for Advance America
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 16, 2015
I was with this company for 8 years. I loved my job. I started out in a new store. It was a challenge but over time I built my customers up and had a good repor with the customers. i was very sad when they let me go. I had been with them so long .
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
executing a new product
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 13, 2015
fun work place if you love to help people. Company has room for advancement. You meet really great people. The company has really good benefits.
Productive business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 12, 2015
Business was very productive within itself. Touched basis with growing products. Pre-paid cards, Taxes, buying gold, loans,
Customer Service
Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2015
A great place to help customers meet there short term financial goals, and advancement all depended on you and the openings. It also allowed me to go to school
Pros
Customer
Cons
good company to work for but very stressful, little oppotrunity for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Crowley, LANovember 9, 2015
opening and closing center
cash management
processing new and inactive loans
upper managment comes down hard on you, even if you are not the manager and not getting paid for the work that you are doing
customers are really great
implement changes without any advance notice
Pros
nice people in the centers
Cons
stress, upper managment comes down hard on you
Headache
Center Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2015
I was a Center Sales Manager for the company. A typical day was getting to the store and opening the store, counting all the money then assigning all cash drawers, checking funds on 40 plus accounts, checking emails and responding back to emails. Going to the bank to make cash deposit from night before, going to the post office when needed. Making 80 plus collection calls that had to be called 3 times a day and logged, making reminder calls for the accounts due for the week and logging them. Making 20 to 30 inactive calls to try and drive more loans in from previous customers and logging them. Weekly store audits and marketing. Emailing and faxing information over to our Divisional Director Of Operations that he could easily pull up him self. All of this while still having to help customers that were coming in to the store to due transactions like MoneyGram, issuing pre-paid cards and loading funds on a prepaid card, taxes or just coming in to get a cash or title loan. Cleaning lobby as well as break area, bathroom. The list of things upper management wanted you to do at times we over the top especially when you're working a center alone for a long period with no help. Upper management not only has a list of things for you to do ,but a binder full of list of duties. Upper management,(when we did have a DDO) like to micro manage everything. I didn't feel like I was a" Center Sales Manager" because most of the time I spent working alone. I wasn't involved in the hiring process upper management did that, six months later I finally got someone to work with. A fully staff store  more... consistent of one employee and yourself. If you were lucky you'll have a third person. I felt like I was a CSR. Any kind of transaction that needed to be voided I needed a encryption code from upper management, and a explanation why it was being voided. The job started off well ,but then the list of duties began growing and growing but no increase in pay. We wouldn't get yearly raises, when we did it was a joke. We were definitely under paid for all the things they wanted us to do. They try alluring you in with the "great bonus program" they like to talk about which was also a joke and impossible to reach.  less
Pros
The people you meet while working for the company
Cons
Too many to list
Good company to work for.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLNovember 3, 2015
I enjoyed the five years I worked at the company. I only left because I had already reached Center Manager Position and really had no more room to grow. It is a easy company to work at with great co-workers and environment. Management is always there to work with you and help you grow.
Pros
Great work hours, room for advancement to Manger if available.
Cons
Not much room for advancement once you reach Center Manager.
?????
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2015
The best part of working for advance America was getting to meet customer and to be understanding with there needs and help them.
advance amercia
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  walledlake miOctober 24, 2015
i hep customer get fast cash n their hand right then and there i make collection call customers can get up to six hundred dollars in cash if the have a bank statement and proof of income
Pros
paid to travel
Cons
they dont treat you good
Very fast pace and ever changing financial company
District Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 23, 2015
A typical day at work is directing multiple center locations to perform at company standard. Interacting with 35 plus employees. Great co-workers. The hardest part of the is dealing with the lack of direction from upper manager.
Pros
The company Provides Great Customer Service.
Cons
Unstable Industry
Busy
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 22, 2015
Work/life balance is great however, pay pretty much is not good to even enjoy your work/life balance. Overall great company
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAOctober 16, 2015
Positive place to work. management was excellent. Helped advance marketing and was a asset to the company, no room for advancement. Found a better job at Strachan Apiaries
Pros
learned the job quickly
Cons
low pay no room for advancement
good balance between life and wor
csr (Current Employee) –  anaheim, caOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work is your 8 hrs day, working with customers, sales, marketing, cash handling, collections calls. We make our own schedule
benefits