Advance America Employee Reviews

Hmmmmm
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 21, 2017
This one is hard BC the job was financially rewarding but took away from various other aspects of life as a branch manager. It also felt that you were robbing people but not blind BC they were aware of the high interest rates, but when people need money they often don't think of the high rates....so, you build repor but when those same clients become collection accounts it makes it hard.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Enjoyable servicing public
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2017
What I enjoy most about Advance America was being able to meet customers need. Customer said I make them feel comfortable and did not judge them for having to use Advance America services. However, I experienced a lot of favoritism and discrimination.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
Cons
No advancement and low pay
Out door marketing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 19, 2017
I love working for advance america, however the pay don't match the amount of work employees do. I worked hard most do. The pay should be more. Thats why many people quit the job work load is heavy and demanding. Pay is less. The company is a great place to work. Just need more pay increase
Cons
Must work every friday. 1st 3rd end of month
its a ok place to work.
o Loan Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 18, 2017
your at a desk 8hrs of the day. I learned how to view loans and make smart decisions on who can get approved for a loan. Management is ok but sometimes don't back you up on certain things. the hardest part of my job is making sure documents sent in are official. the most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers and learning new things.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
is the benifits are not good
Outstanding!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 16, 2017
Such an amazing place to work at. Your co-workers really create the experience. I have met so many people and it's amazing to love where you work. Occasional bonus' are a great plus! Very professional. Just wish the pay was better.
Pros
Professionalism, Co-Workers, Incentives
Cons
Pay, No Advancement
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  homewood alabamaMay 16, 2017
helping customers with their loans and ding money orders showing great customer service. Making field going to customers money from bank. helping customers make arrangments.
Depends on the department
Junior Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 16, 2017
There are so many here that have worked their way up into positions due to their length of time with the agency. That is great! However, it leads to them protecting their positions at all costs when a threat of someone with more education and experience is considered or hired from outside the agency.
Pros
Not many
Cons
More than pros
Ok job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 10, 2017
Hours are to long if you have a family.. It's unsafe going out in bad neighborhood to collect money are field call for vehicles without any protection.
Not a bad foot in the door.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 9, 2017
Advance America is decent to work for. Good work/life balance, overall cares about their employees. The best part of this company is everyone has a chance to build management experience to further their career.
Pros
Looks great on a resume
Cons
Collections
Busy paced
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 7, 2017
I enjoy the type of work with this company. Being able to listen to the customer and recommend a product that best suits their needs. With the company high turn over rate there is a lot of pressure for high production with sometimes as few as 1 employee.
Interesting place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 3, 2017
It is an interesting place to work. The customers are usually friendly, and the co-workers are wonderful people. The hardest part of the job is collections, but at least you get to know people.
Pros
Meet people
Cons
Collections
Great Management Opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSMay 3, 2017
I enjoyed working with the public and interacting with my customers both old and new. The hardest part of this job was getting the manager to actually be a manager and not let the rest of the employees run the office.
Pros
Gave me great learning experience in the management field.
Cons
Management was messy and need more training.
Favoritism
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idabel, OKMay 3, 2017
Didn't like the way that all upper management played favorites not only in one center but throughout the whole company. Management lets one person get away with doing something that the other would get in trouble for.
Pros
Learned a lot about taxes and other financial operations
Cons
poor leadership
Customer Service Representative
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 2, 2017
I loved working here! It was my first job as a Customer Service Representative. It was overwhelming at the beginning but in a matter of months I got the hang of it.
Happy Place...Sometimes!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 30, 2017
Advance America is a great place to work, but the company can be impacted sometimes with an unfair approach to hiring. I initially applied and interviewed for a store manager position, but was bumped down to an assistant manager role for a millennial with a honky tonk.... I resented the move but was happy to find work in a depressed economy. I trained for the position and truthfully the first few months were great, but the millennial thing finally caught up with me when the manager began breaking the rules. I eventually confronted her and ended up leaving a job I loved because of it, I think maybe I should invest in some collagen shots:)
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Favoritism/Nepotism
opportunity to work in several different locations
Floating Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MI 48154April 27, 2017
Nice work environment. Depending on the region, a person may be bouncing from center to center. Working with large amounts of money. If in a center with only 2 people, a person will be working alone on certain days.
Pros
generally 2 to 3 people in one center. small office
Cons
safety
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Deland, FLApril 27, 2017
I have learned a lot about this business and business and marketing in general since being with this company. Failure is not an option with this company.
Pros
Incentives for bonuses
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHApril 25, 2017
Typical work day involves helping customers, making phone calls, answering the phone and going out marketing in the community if you are allowed to do so. Your center is supposed to increase the revenue while decreasing the bad debt so it can survive
Pros
health and dental/vision insurance after 60 days every Sunday off
Cons
no paid holidays or paid time off until after 6 months
Awesome job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 25, 2017
Very determine on what they provide for their employee. the task are intermediate but is in a great training enviroment. will recommend if you are looking to build with customer and better your skill with loan processing.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not ok pay
Stressfull place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 24, 2017
Improper training on how to close the accounts at the end of the day.

A lot of micro managing...every minute of the day needs to be accounted for,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9