Advance Auto Parts

1.6K reviews

Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Very Hands on
Cashier/Stock Person (Former Employee), philadelphiaJuly 29, 2015
Learned alot about cars and how to put certin part together on the cars. This job also requuired us to do diagnostic on the car from the dash board. This is no where near a boring job.
Advance by who you know
General Manager (Former Employee), anonymousJuly 29, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No set succession plan for those interested in advancing.
Loved interacting with the customers, learned a lot on my own about automobiles. Upper management micro-manages and company standards aren't the same for all. Poor training wasn't beneficial to some team members. Hardest part of the day was trying to clock out to go home, there was always something required from the higher ups. The interactions that you have.
File Clerk
Inventory Controller (Former Employee), Kutztown, PAJuly 28, 2015
Entailed a lot of responsibility to ensure that products mandated for stores were received, placed in inventory and shipped. Time management was important. Communication w/fellow associates was important and if I had to jump in and stay late I did.
decent place to work
Parts Specialist (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJuly 28, 2015
the job was decent, yet not very challenging, I like to be challenged at my work place. The staff and I got along well, yet I felt like my skills were not really tested in that field.
it a great places to learn
Sales Clerk/Stockman (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: the pay was not enough
It was a good job to have for learning auto parts and customer service skills. I also learned how to do inventory and management skills.
driver
Driver/Warehouse person (Current Employee), Longmont, COJuly 27, 2015
Pros: weekend off
Cons: 2 weeks vacation to start off
Advance Auto Parts is a good to start working. The pay is just above min. pay other than management. It is retail and Monday thru Sunday with only 2 holidays off for the year. I work in a warehouse. A lot of heavy lifting and always short staffed, but great working team. Warehouse person gets most the holidays off.
Something to do while in school.
Parts Driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Fast pace and fun
Cons: Not making much and don't move up very quickly
Too many changes with management and the rules are never consistent. They play favorites and don't treat everyone fairly.
Good place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks.
Cons: Didn't have very much luck as I was looked down upon for being female.
Look up parts for customers. Place parts on shelves. Ring out the customers. Keep floor clean and shiny. Upbeat stores.
sale parts
sales (Current Employee), hickoryJuly 27, 2015
parts sales is what i have done for 26 years . would like a new job want one that i can just stay out for good dont want to have to look for a job again
Good, solid , and fair company to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Company is the largest in the industry and has good benefits.
Cons: Paid for 40 hours, but rquired to work a minimum of 50 each week.
I learned that everyday is a different day in Retail. Always on your toes to take care of customers requests and locating hard parts to find locally. Also meeting the scheduling needs of the employees and the store work flow. Maintaining Commercial accounts and the delivery processes involved in this service.
The toughest part of the job as a Manager is scheduling personal time away from the store while being on call 24/7, 363 days a year.
New experiences daily
Customer Service and Auto part Representative (Former Employee), Dumfries, VAJuly 26, 2015
While working for this company, i encountered new customers as well as problems/solutions daily. I would help customers find the parts they needed to fix their car problems as well as help customers install a car battery if they had purchased one.
productive, exciting, educational
Mobile Parts Pro (Former Employee), floridaJuly 25, 2015
I loved working at Avanced Auto Parts, i had great co-workers, the customers were usually really cool and helpful, and as a driver i was able to befriend the mechanics who were most of the time really fun to chit chat with, got to learn about cars which i was eager to learn about and when i had car problems the mechanics would be more than helpful in fixing it. the only bad things about that job was there were few times where we wouldnt be busy and i was impatient about that and at some point we got a new general manager and she treated us so horribly and would try to screw everyone else over so she can go up in the company.she had me going home crying everyday for months with the things she would do but other than that the job was great!
Good job just need to improve management
Salesperson/Customer Service (Current Employee), York, PAJuly 23, 2015
I learned a lot working in different companys I gained more experience over the experience I already have and looking for more
Good communication
General manager (Current Employee), Ashland City, TennesseeJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: sometimes unrealistic goals
Challenging work environment with an emphasis on helping the customer get all he needed to complete the project. Meeting people and getting to know there needs.
Systems Manager/Program Manager/Project Manager-Information Technology
Senior IT Project Manager - Infrastructure (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 21, 2015
Information Systems professional with over 30 years in the industry. Extensive knowledge of manufacturing, retail and distribution systems. Experience in a wide range of applications and hardware. Strong background in analysis and re-engineering of processes. Skilled at conflict resolution(both at the associate and client level), Project Management expertise and cross-functional team building. Proven ability to lead seamless implementations and deliver next-generation technical solutions improving revenues, margins and workplace productivity.
Georgia
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Claxton GeorgiaJuly 20, 2015
Great place to work. Pay is not all that great but if you enjoy the automotive field and helping people this is the job for you
Fun place to work.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Not enogh staff.
A typical work day is a lot of check engine lights and battery test. The majority of the people know what they want which is a cool thing.
Challenging and invigorating industry
Commercial Sales Manager - LA (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Time constraints
Tremendous opportunity in field consolidations over the next few years. Salesforce consolidations in given time constraints are very challenging.
Good company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Alabaster, ALJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Always someone willing to help
Cons: The drive and parking
I enjoyed my time there. Everyone was nice and willing to help you in learning the ropes. While I was there I was able to help many patients.
A great job for a post-grad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 16, 2015
I worked here through college and for a few months after graduation. Growing up around my father the old-car fanatic, this was a great job for that transitional time for me.
Headquarters