Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 3,169 reviews matching the search
Advanced Auto
Customer Service Agent/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lovejoy, GAAugust 21, 2017
Delivering parts to mechanics from our store back and forth. When it was slow with deliveries I would help stock the new shipments that came in, assist customers around the store and any questions they needed me to pull up on the computer for them about their vehicle. I also managed the register.
Pros
Long Breaks
Productive working place but sometimes unprofessional
Stock Person Inventory associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
Be more focused on the company and not personal situations . Each department should have the right amount working people. Overall not a bad job to work at.
Pros
Benefits where great
Cons
Employees should be more professional with co workers
Good for young people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAAugust 20, 2017
Good for learning about auto and for temporary job and to get used to handling some tools.

Management is more friendlier than some other odd job places like McDonalds and Home Depot.
Pros
Learning about auto and friendly management
Cons
Not for long term, Not for grownups who want to support a family
Advance Auto Parts
Retail Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEAugust 20, 2017
This is an excellent company to work for. I learned a alot about the parts world while i was there. had a great experience. management was fantastic. The best part of the job was the customers.
Horrible place to work
Commercial Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIAugust 20, 2017
They will over work you and completely under pay you. Commercial parts pro barely makes 11 an hr. Management is horrible you can never get the right answers or a answer at all. They take full advantage of people who work hard and do more than required, they will then take all that extra work that you go out of your way to do, and make that your new requirement.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, they do not pay near what they claim
Pick order and replen
Operations Manager/Manager (Current Employee) –  West Deptford, NJAugust 20, 2017
Job security, guaranteed hours for full time, doing inventor,y picking, orders, stocking, work holidays, constantly moving, short breaks. Retail oriented.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
short breaks open holidays
Company in transisition
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 20, 2017
Advance Auto Parts is a company in transition. It is in between a retail auto parts chain and a commercial driven chain. There are some very good team members in the company and it will do well once the company defines it's culture and stays consistent with driving that culture daily.
Pros
Good people
Cons
inconsistent leadership
Care for customers and employees are the focus of the company.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLAugust 19, 2017
I was able to work my way up from a part time position and become a general manager. Advance auto parts cares for people and is advancing the auto parts industry.
A typical day at AAP is just a normal day
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 19, 2017
My typical day AAP is that I go in do what needed be done and get it done with no problems and half of the time I always back the team up helping them.
great working with the public
Key Holder & Sales Assoc (Former Employee) –  Fayette, ALAugust 19, 2017
We had to install batteries, windshield wipers, checked batteries and alternators. We stocked from delivery and back stock. We did inventory and delivered parts.
Staff
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2017
If the location is with good on staff is fine with no staff a total different history

They relocate me and 7 person leafy the store because the crazy hours
Taught me a lot about vehicles
Parts Professional (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 18, 2017
Everyone was always friendly and welcoming. The environment was always warm and felt like home. The guests were kind, curtious and treated us and other guests with respect. My co-workers were very enjoyable. Coming to work everyday was the highlight of my day.
Pros
discount car parts
Cons
frequently handle dirty car parts
Delivery Driver
Parts Delivery Driver/Clerk (Former Employee) –  California, MDAugust 18, 2017
I did not care to work with this company. The management was horrible and rude. They liked to cause problems between employees. They also talked down to you and were very rude not only to their employees but to their customers.
Best customer service job
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 18, 2017
The job was a great relaxed place to work for. I was there a little over a year and the pay was good as well. I moved up pretty quick and had management responsibilies.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Variable hours
Always room for growth
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 18, 2017
Went from a part time sales associate to an assistant manager so there is always room for growth as long as you put the work in. Always had work no matter what.
Manager in training
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXAugust 17, 2017
Learned a lot about how not to do, but never really learned what I should be doing. Not many people stuck around through the process of the rise of advance so to say, others enjoyed more disliked it
Pros
paid mileage if needed, paid vacation, an flexible hours
Cons
transferring a lot, lack of pay, no compensation
I loved my job.
Commercial Parts Professional (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAAugust 17, 2017
My customers and coworkers great...!! I started out with 2 delivery vehicles, but with my sales I soon had a 3rd delivery vehicle. I made more sales than that store had ever seen. Then when we got a new DM I was fired the first day I met him. The company used to be awesome, but in recent years it has turned into a boys club. I still run into my old customers and every one of them remembers me and wish I was back.
bot a great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 17, 2017
managers expect you to do everything while they sit and do nothing, you don't get recognition and customer service stinks , i didn't like the way they work you it was very unfair , and they got rid of me when i got injured .
Pros
Cons
work you like a dog
Okay place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 17, 2017
The employees were great to work with and I have no complaints about the people there. They could have not kept hiring and given the employees the have more hours and pay.
Pros
Great Team Members
Cons
low hours
As Assistant Manager, i was responsible for directing staff and sales,
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNAugust 17, 2017
Responsible for training staff on sales, setting ads, inventory control, planograms cycle counts and made bank deposits. While there I helped the store to become #1 in customer service in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval