Advance Auto Parts
1,246 reviews

Advance Auto Parts Employer Reviews

Great company to work for
Vendor Relations Processor (Former Employee), Roanoke, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: supervisors were great at rewarding and letting us know that we had done a great job during quaters
My supervisors were great ladies to work for. The co-workers became like family. Stayed busy and was made to feel as though I was an important part of the department. Was given many other duties than what was in the job itself. I was always chosen to be the one to do the training for new employees. I learned all of my A/P experience from this company.
Advanced Auto Parts Managment
Assistant CPP (Former Employee), Queens, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: no pro
Cons: unorganized managment
Poor Management, unorganized management, staff did not work as a team
good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Athens, TNDecember 14, 2014
the job environment was a good place the customers you deal with was a good experience over all
Great Job
General Manager (Current Employee), Houston,TexasDecember 13, 2014
Great Job if you like working on cars. If you like helping customers, showing leadership this is a job for you. If you have a family and you are the head of household, trying to juggle working especially a Management Position its hard. I did it for 8yrs hardest thing ever. Family Orientated to a degree. PT /FT non Managerial Position
Good starter job
parts sales, customer service (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 13, 2014
flexible hours
hands on training and experience
good learning environment
always busy
Driver (Former Employee), Kenner, LADecember 12, 2014
Pros: great managerment
Cons: no break when busy
Working for this company was not bad. They always have your back and hey would never allow customers to talk down to you
Job was ok, not enough hours were given to certain employees
Parts Delivery (Former Employee), Livonia, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: no pressure from management on how you did your job if you performed well
Cons: pay was low, if the store was having a slow day, they sent you home.
I delivered auto parts to dealerships and auto repair shops. When I wasn't making deliveries, I had to help out at the counter and stock inventory. Dealing with the public was difficult at times. Different personalities some who were having a bad day, came in to the store.
Interesting and ever changing work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hudson, NYDecember 10, 2014
Cons: healthcare
Advance Auto Parts is a work place with a diverse population of both employees and clients. Daily job requirements vary and are continually challenging.

Working here has taught me how to work more closely in a customer service setting, and conflict resolution skills.

The management can be unstable, but this is never a volatile work place.

My coworkers – more... are just as varied as the customers. They all work hard and try to improve themselves and their ability to do their job, but while maintaining their own personal way to get everything done and help customers.

The most uncomfortable part of this job is when a customer is irate and is trying to be threatening. Customers have the right to the best possible service and whenever they feel that is not provided, emotions can get intense very quickly. Although this behavior can be disturbing, when these situations happen I always see it as a new opportunity to improve my active listening and interpersonal communication skills to try and resolve the problem.

The best part of the job is working with and getting to know all local shops in the area. This is a community driven workplace and getting to work with more people in the community gives me a great feeling of involvement in my town. – less
Fun place to work with great people to work for and with.
Mobile Parts Pro (Current Employee), Jamestown, NCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and enriching place to work in
Cons: not enough hours in a part time position to make much of an income
This was a great place to work, i greatly enjoyed my co-workers and the customers i interacted with on a daily basis. The environment was always friendly and inviting, and the people I worked with always tried to do there best to make sure customers were happy with our products and our services.
A chance to offer great customer service with a growing company!
Retail Parts Rep/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2014
I like to work in a customer service based job. I love to multi-task, and work in a fast paced surroundings. The thing that I enjoy most is, working with customers, satisfying their needs. I also love defusing situations. The hardest part about working in that field is knowing that you will not be able to satisfy everyone.
Treated as a number,not a quality employee.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHDecember 8, 2014
Its all smoke and mirrors to the customer, Angry customers and poor management decisons. No organization, No Teamwork, expect no pay raises and expect to work years being told you will get full time and it will never happen, 8 bucks an hr w/no raises.
If you love cars, you'll love Advvance!
Mobil Pro (Former Employee), Marietta, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: fun customers
Cons: low pay
Great "Car-Guy" job - Low pay and high expectations. Good employee discounts. Typical retail contact with all types of people.
Fun fast paced environment
Mobile Parts Pro (Former Employee), Forest Park, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: discounts, flexibility around schedule
Cons: short breaks/no breaks, different car parts
I enjoyed working at Advance Auto Parts. Simple fact that I am a female working around car parts. Co workers made it easy to learn and also everyone got along well. The benefits are nice only if you are Full time but the discounts for being on Advance Auto team are even better.
Very fun workplace with great laid back but productive staff
Retail and Commercial Parts Professional (Former Employee), Powell, OHDecember 8, 2014
a typical day would include stocking shelves, performing inventory checks, helping customers find parts for their vehicles and offering advice on different repair jobs. I was able to learn a lot from my own customers some of them who had been working on cars for years. My co-workers were great and we were a very tight knit group. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was being able to talk to customers about something thats a big hobby of mine. – less
long hours not well staffed
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Clawson, MIDecember 8, 2014
Pros: made some good contacts
Cons: pay. crazy hours.working holidays and sundays
You have to be a retail type of person to be able to handle a screwy schedule..... One day you open the next day your closing.....You have to work 50 + hours to make a living..Not being from a retail job before working there,made it very hard to adjust to working on a different schedule every week!
Worked in Lowes and Home Depot
Work Smart Merchandising (Former Employee), NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: company closed
This is for CSA,llc...
A reset company in NY.
Overseen a great team.
Was a great company to work for.
Working at Advance Auto Parts
Mobile Parts Pro (Current Employee), Lawrenceburg, TNDecember 6, 2014
Pros: decent pay, good people, laid back
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, zero benefits/bonuses for part-time employees
Each store is different, with a different feel and atmosphere depending on who you work with. I can only speak about my experience, and Its a very laid back job, but fast paced. The only way to move up in the company (sadly) has nothing to do with how well of a worker you are, or even how hard you work. Increasing your sales numbers is the #1 way of – more... advancement. Which is difficult to do if you are a delivery driver. – less
Good job and friendly people to work for.
2nd Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, TNDecember 6, 2014
Pros: good work benefits, good inviroment
Cons: a lot of heavy lifting
Advance is a very good place to work. They have great benefits, such as holiday pay, vacation time and insurance. They people are good people to work with.
Good job, for the location
General Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours, low labor hours
Long days, fast paced, management was good, low payroll hours.
Terrible Work Enviroment
Commercial Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: great training from corporate. working with some good people in store.
Cons: work enviroment, good ole boy system, workplace bullying
Worst job I've ever had. I worked with a district leader who was a corporate bully. Although I did not work directly for the district leader he found ways to make my life miserable for no particular reason. He did have a history of burning through commercial account managers of spanish speaking descent. I was recruited to position. Accepting this job – more... was by far the worst mistake I ever made. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (Advance) operates within the United States automotive aftermarket industry, which includes replacement – Read more

Advance Auto Parts Photos