Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 2,320 reviews matching the search
Fun work place with advancement
Driver (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLSeptember 9, 2016
My typical work day was productive. I was a Delivery Specialist. I answered phones, pulled parts, delivered parts, ordered parts, filed tax audits, and any other task that someone could not do at the time. I learned about special orders, how the auto industries works, how to keep clients happy, how to get sales product up, and what customers needs are. My co-workers were like family and we cared about one another. The management is amazing! They stand in front of their employees showing leadership, friendship, and knowledge of the business. The hardest part of the job was leaving my work family behind because of a broken ankle. The atmosphere with the company makes it easy to work for.
Pros
Employees willing to help anyone
Cons
The company is more Corprate now, not personable
Well Structured company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 7, 2016
Lead and work as part of a team
Respond to customer’s cares and concerns in a professional manner
Learned how to efficiently and effectively address customer’s concerns
Achieve overall store performance to maximize growth and profits.
Weekly scheduling process
Prompt handling of any complaints for products and operational standards.
Fun Environment
Sales/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 29, 2016
I have been with Advance for over 3 years now. I love the environment and all of my co-workers. I have developed wonderful business relationships and know most of the store's customers by name. I love the great atmosphere and being able to work with customers on a one on one basis. The hardest part of my job is the extremely fast paced environment however, multi-tasking is one of my strong points. The most enjoyable part of my job is having fun with my co-workers and taking care of the customers.
Knowledgeable experience
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJNovember 27, 2016
Getting to know about Auto parts and components about vehicle and servicing customers on a day by day basis. Somedays it can be labor intensive but other than that not much is over extensive. Solid management for the most part but she's been currently absent due to injuries but to my knowledge she has returned.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Hours
Unstructured Managment
Retail Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, NYSeptember 1, 2016
This company though has opportunity to be a wonderful employer, has a lot of management development challenges. The managers are all self gain, there is no making the employees feel valuable. The environment is made to feel like we are all expendable and unimportant. The "there is another were you came from" attitude puts a hurting on the working environnment.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
Uncomfortable work environment
Industry Leader
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2016
Since the acquisition of Advance & CARQUEST Auto Parts, AAP is the undeniable industry leader at providing first to market Business Solutions Services to the Motor Vehicle Repair Businesses.
Pros
AAP / CQ is now the largest parts supplier in the nation.
Cons
The merger has been challenged with blending the teams and work collaboratively.
Great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 10, 2016
I had a great time working with advance. they Have a great sales team program that allows each team member to fully understand everything that goes into making a store run properly. Fortunately I was lucky enough to have a position at advance because after working there and relocating to other retail positions, I can clearly see the amount of knowledge I took from advance applying to each task I recieve.
Advance Auto Parts St. Thomas
Tire Specialist/Parts Pro Retailer (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 15, 2016
loved working at advance auto. the employees were friendly and helpful, great customer service. the only problem i have there in over 2 years is the management. the constant change of General Managers, and constant temporary GM. i couldn't have asked for a better place to work but a ship without a captain is a lost ship.
Pros
Benefits, experiences
Cons
Horrible company to work for
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GAAugust 21, 2016
Employees are over worked and underpaid especially if you are a female. I worked and more then earned my due and was passed up for full time which I had already been promised and the position was given to a new hire who had no experience with the company simply because he was a man. General manager and district manager showed no loyalty to their employees or customers
Pros
The customers
Cons
Managment has no clue what they are doing
Great place to work to fulfill your desire to help people and work on vehicles!
Part Time Driver/Sales (Current Employee) –  Welch, WVAugust 21, 2016
Most of the staff is fairly knowledgeable of the workings of the vehicles for which we offer replacement parts. They also know how the company and computer system work, so they can offer assistance if you get stuck working on something. Most team members are willing to lend a hand, and are quite friendly to the customers, too. If you can prove your knowledge, the customers will be loyal to you, and come looking for you when they need parts.
Productive and focused workplace
SALES PERSON (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 4, 2016
Challenging, rewarding, and learning work environment. I have great co workers. Very calm environment. But you have to have a pretty good understanding of car parts and how they all working together. you dont have to diagnose cars but customers do expect you to give them answers.
Cons
Short breaks, part timers receive little benefits
its not work if you dont have a little fun!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Highland, INOctober 3, 2016
typical work days at advance auto is busy but we have a little fun with work by joing around with other work members of the team!
Ive learned how to do work in a timely fashioned manner when it comes to deliveries for an example time management!! My co workers are very helpful and very outgoing!
Pros
20% off discount
Cons
not paid high enough
It is a good company if you like retail
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Festus, MONovember 14, 2016
Typical retail company. However working at a hub store makes it a good job because you have plenty to do, never a dull moment. Lots to do. Seemed to have all the necessary parts for the customers. needs.
Pros
Once you've been there a while, you can pretty much work the hours you want.
Cons
Working with young people can sometimes be taxing.
Bad management from top down. Upper & middle management is clueless. Not recommended.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 14, 2016
Poor upper & middle management. Company stock performs poorly. Very little support from District Leaders. Average product quality, poor inventory mix and depth distribution & store levels. Local part availability is poor. Corporate policy/direction is vague. Hardest part of the job was dealing with a information system that was NOT dependable by any stretch of the imagination and dealing with unethical\dishonest fellow General Managers.
Pros
Good discounts, benefits
Cons
Terrible leadership from the top down!
Management and work atmosphere could use improvement
Cashier and salesperson (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCAugust 12, 2016
A normal day is usually slower than i would like it to be, i like staying busy. Although this job has taught me to be patient with customers as well as co-workers. The management could communicate better and be more active in the store. I have no complaints about the co-workers, the majority of the time everyone does there job and pulls their own weight around the store. I'd have to say the hardest part of the job is not having something to do and waiting for customers come in. My favorite part is helping someone with their car whether it be putting a battery in for them or helping them find a part another store didn't have.
Pros
discounts on parts
Cons
slow work days
Great work environment and full of opportunities
Acquisition Talent Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for Advance Auto Parts. I gained knowledge and experience working in the Call Center. The team members were very helpful, patient and willing to assist in any questions or projects, I was involved in. I gained experience with Microsoft, Cisco phone systems and various software.
Pros
in house Cafeteria, the ability and space to walk for exercise
Cons
no cons
Awesome staff! Poor management from higher up...
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLAugust 11, 2016
They cut hours their policy is constantly changing ever since the company has changed owners. the company has become unorganized. There are a select few stores that don't have this issue. Don't have someone with no automotive experience run your company...
Pros
Staff is very friendly, Will help you with any vehicle trouble, good discounts
Cons
Hours cut, high turn over, unorganized, customers treat you poorly, out of date systems.
I was able to build a great team and make alot of money
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LAOctober 27, 2016
see sales goal
ask how much we wanted to beat it by
talk to the management team great team
co-works was the best in the company
work hard but pay off every day
when I bought lunch for everyone once a week
Pros
the best team you can build enpowering the people
Cons
the moved me to a trouble store to far from home
Good job and a fun job with advancement.
Suupervisor/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTNovember 15, 2016
I enjoy working here and have advanced very quickly. There seems to be a lot of empty promises though between what the General Manager wants and what the District Manager decides.
Pros
Great Customers, good people to work with
Cons
low pay, insurance benefits are not that good, nights and weekends are a must
Coporate ran and discriminative of those with life complications or disabilities
Auto Parts Sales (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAAugust 16, 2016
This company is greedy and self centered and does not truly and HONESTLY care for its employees it buys another company then forced all those employees from that bought company out of a job by cutting hours to starve them out or mess with the schedule to force them out. Its a real cut throat company not worth making a career out of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.