Advance Auto Parts
1,568 reviews

Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Georgia
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Claxton GeorgiaJuly 20, 2015
Great place to work. Pay is not all that great but if you enjoy the automotive field and helping people this is the job for you
Fun place to work.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Not enogh staff.
A typical work day is a lot of check engine lights and battery test. The majority of the people know what they want which is a cool thing.
Challenging and invigorating industry
Commercial Sales Manager - LA (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Time constraints
Tremendous opportunity in field consolidations over the next few years. Salesforce consolidations in given time constraints are very challenging.
Good company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Alabaster, ALJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Always someone willing to help
Cons: The drive and parking
I enjoyed my time there. Everyone was nice and willing to help you in learning the ropes. While I was there I was able to help many patients.
A great job for a post-grad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 16, 2015
I worked here through college and for a few months after graduation. Growing up around my father the old-car fanatic, this was a great job for that transitional time for me.
Everything requires a positive team effort
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, 401k plans, cellphone and other discounts with other companies all made available within a year of employment.
A typical work day as a driver at Advance Auto Parts is pretty routine at first because we already have our work cut out for us when the day starts, but things can get challenging as the day goes on in to the evening because customer orders increase as the day goes by and as a driver, I have to think and move quickly and efficiently to satisfy all customer needs.
I've learned a lot about automobiles, auto parts and how to deliver excellent customer service for customers with specific needs. In Advance Auto Parts excellent customer service requires a willingness to learn lots of information and problem solve in a very short degree of time in order to satisfy the customer. As a driver and sales representative, communication, support and accuracy with customers and fellow employees alike are big keys in ensuring customer satisfactions.
Management at Advance Auto Parts is bit different than that of a typical sales manager because a good portion of their job requires constant teaching and support and in my experience, my managers were always happy to teach me something new.
Co-workers must be constantly supportive and communicative to one anther, to managers and to the customer in order to achieve the goals of the company. this is an essential harmony that keeps customers satisfied. I've never had any bad experiences with other employees in this company because we all worked in sync and those who are not harmonious simply don't last in the company at all. Everything is a team effort in Advance Auto Parts.
The hardest part of working at Advance Auto Parts as a driver is traffic. – more... As a sales rep. the hardest part would have to be absorbing as much information as possible and troubleshooting un-common automobile issues in a very short amount of time in order to satisfy the customer needs. sometimes this process can take longer than the customer might expect and result in stress for both myself and the customer but keeping a positive attitude and counting on my team for support always makes these situations smoother and less stressful.
The 3 most enjoyable parts of the job is that i'ts a learning environment, I'ts a team driven environment and of-course satisfying the customer. every time we put our heads together and the customer is satisfied, we high five each other and praise one another for a good job done. – less
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee), Moore, okJuly 16, 2015
Responsible for managing commercial parts desk, maintaining inventory, merchandise and paperwork, unloading and organizing incoming and outgoing shipments, delivery driver and cashier.
good experience
Retail Parts Pro (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, flJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Flexable schedule
Cons: You have to work weekends
The pay isn't the best but the people are good.I have learned alot working there. Decent amount of red tape a politics, but this is expected of a big company.
good work environment
Asst mang/parts pro (Former Employee), knoxvilleJuly 15, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay scale
i liked working there i made the mistake which at the time didn't no is was a mistake but i should have good people work there i did every thing there to cleaning bathrooms to do the schedule for the week and lots of planagrams.
Warehouse work in distribution center
Auto Parts Handler (Former Employee), Lakeville, MNJuly 15, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Hard work but fun n great pay. union benefits. Break every two hours. jobs include picking, shipping, consolidation as well as stocking and returns. patient management!
Great for Part Time
Retail Parts Pro (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 15, 2015
It is a good company to work for. The staff is friendly and the managers are will to help you whenever needed. If you are ever looking to a good part time job this is the place to be.
this place is horrible.
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2015
A typical retailer, cut hours, cut wages, demand more and more for less and less. the worst part is that they have these terrible corporate propaganda videos they make you watch.
its comfortable
Driver (Current Employee), Hope Mills, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: get to drive, and stay gone from the store setting
Cons: only part time, when there are no deliveries you have to work the sales floor
when I get to work I check and see what orders need to be delivered. if any I get the invoice, pull the part and deliver to the mechanic shops
Horrible Company
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: horrible management, less than 1% increases yearly for top performers, cheap culture
Poor upper management, does not give opportunity for growth, Region Vice Presidents think using a hammer on your head is a strong form of leadership even when you are leading in metrics it is an extremely negative environment. Do not ever join this organization they "talk" about having values, but do not actually "live" or have them especially in the Midwest.
Great place to work, excellent co workers and management
Delivery Specialists (Former Employee), Concord, NCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: I would have liked to have been full time.
This was the most fun I've ever had at work. Everyone was very friendly and comical. We worked very hard and did our job but the people made it fun. I didn't mind doing extra work or staying later if I was able to.
Right part the first time
Commercial Sales Pro (Former Employee), Mount Holly, NJJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: None
Advance Auto strives to get you the right part the first time. Training and advancement are available to those who want to further their career.
It's retail. High stress, low pay. Company no longer pays for skilled workers.
Assistant Store Manager, Retail Parts Pro (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Medical benefits, full time positions available, still selling quality parts
Cons: Company gives away valuable services, nothing you do as a TM is ever good enough, shareholder model dominates this company's every decision
Your quality of life as an Advance employee at the store level will depend almost exclusively on your store manager, the self discipline and motivation of your coworkers, and the willingness of your customers to listen to proven information, and to answer basic qualifying questions that allow you to help them.

A gigantic slice of your happiness at Advance will depend on you and what you find enjoyable in helping others. There is always work to be done. Maintaining a store is like sailing a stationary ship where the ocean comes to you.

I have been with the company six years. I have been an automotive guy for fifteen years, and shopped at Advance back when it was still Parts America and everyone behind the counter had real world experience in the automotive field. Not the case any more.

Advance is in a race to the bottom with AutoZone. The executives no longer remember what made the company special and successful 15 years ago. Only the shareholder model matters. Advance is a Fortune 500 company, but look how far down the list is is ranked based on all the standard indicators and data tools.

Use this company as a stepping stone f you need steady work while you sort yourself out and find your direction. You can make it a valuable part of your resume and you can meet a LOT of people day to day.

Wages are unlivable unless you're a store manager, and by that point your quality of life is questionable because of what the company expects from you. 6 days a week and constant micro-management from everyone up the chain. #whipcracking

In short, it used to be a wonderful company. Now, you have better choices. Choose wisely!
great company to learn and build customer service skills
Mobile pro driver/ retail sales (Current Employee), Woodruff, SCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: customers service builder
Cons: benefits need improving
great company to build customers service skills but needs to work on management and benefits for employees raises can be more for employees and how the raise is given. advancement in company to be improved.
It's a job.
Driver (Former Employee), Columbus OHJuly 12, 2015
Pros: learned a lot working in the 'hood
Cons: few hours, erratic management
Advance overexpanded in years past and is now scared to death to spend money. They seemed to be in decline when I was there
worked with some great employees
Customer service, retail & commercial sales (Former Employee), Powell, OHJuly 12, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: too many to list
I, like everyone in the store, I was just a number. No opportunities for advancement. Instead of spending time training their employees for management positions, they relied on new management personnel from other retail corporations.

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (Advance) operates within the United States automotive aftermarket industry, which includes replacement – Read more

Advance Auto Parts Salaries

Retail Salesperson
$21,000 per year

Advance Auto Parts Photos

Advance Auto Parts
We Love our Customer and Their Cars!