Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Driver/Delivery and Stock (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYJanuary 17, 2018
delivery parts /put stock away help customers and what ever had to be done knowing what to do first .learning different things from the manger right ways from wrong .
Pros
discounts
Cons
good people
meeting new people
Key Holder (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Helping customers find the parts for their cars or trucks to keep it running correctly. Keeping the store clean and organized. Making drops from the register
Pros
learning new parts for vehicles
Cons
stressful
Great part-time job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJJanuary 17, 2018
Great job to earn extra money while also working a full time. Easy job, great peop me to work with and work for. Locatioin was easy to drive to and from.
advance
Mobile Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KY 41501January 17, 2018
I delivered parts daily to local Garages. Made sure the garages had and received everything in a timely manor when they needed. i had to maintain and inspect company car daily before driving.
Don't Work Here!
Commercial Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 17, 2018
This position was the first time I had been written up. When I gave my notice a week later, you would have thought I shot the manager. I had been in auto parts for years, this place killed it for me. This place is only 25 miles from my home. I have never been back to that town and told my co-workers to never find me on social media.
Pros
Good for between jobs
Cons
Poor management
Fun, but not what I was promased
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILJanuary 17, 2018
It was all good & brought in at a nice salary, but never received the training & was thrown "into the wolves" in way to many situations. The General Manager went on vacation 2 weeks after I was hired so I was only trained in certain things so I could open the store. But then training was never continued after he was back.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Poor management
High volume of customers but easy job
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Lugoff, SCJanuary 16, 2018
High volume of customers but easy job. You will have to be able to stock heavy parts and climb ladders with the parts. Newbies will work a lot of nights and weekends
Pros
Discounts working with people
Cons
Terrible pay and benefits
Don't bother
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 16, 2018
Can't move up. Good ole boy system. Poor vision. Huge issue with free time. Couldn't live outside of the walls. If you don't want to be held responsible for all of the stuff you can't control don't work here
Cons
Hours demand
Fun, low stress job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I made deliveries to the commercial customers when they called, I picked up any wrong parts that were delivered, and made good relationships with the customers that I delivered to.
Opportunties to Seize
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Excellent opportunity to grow and take advantage of opportunities. Your potential is limited only by your character, capacity and commitment. Many opportunities to develop skills and demonstrate your ability to make an impact.
Poor management
Delivery Driver/Mobile Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Managment went behind my back and illegally put PTO hours on check without my knowledge because he was upset. Completely Unprofessional and when I contacted Human Resources , I never got a response.
Productive fun place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2018
Its cool just think every job should offer some kind of health care if you are employed anywhere because everyone needs it. Or at least give employees the option
Pros
The pay
Cons
No health care
terrible
Bullied (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 15, 2018
Unprofessional and racism is the company model. Rules change daily. What's good for one doesn't apply to everyone. Secrets, Terrible wages. They are like prison guards.
Pros
nothing
Cons
work you to death for no money
Its a fun place to work for the most part
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIJanuary 15, 2018
There greedy they don't really care about the employee how long they've been there or what they know they won't compensate, They don't supply the parts to the stores like they should there short on parts all the time.For what they expect there employees to know and do is embarrassing that Wal Mart and Mac Donald's pay better.
Pros
Fun place to work mostly
Cons
Pay, benifits, holidays
Meet variety of people
Commercial Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Steelton, PAJanuary 15, 2018
I go in I get my 3 registers cash drawers put in and get my area ready for the day. I answer calls from garages giving pricing on auto parts and if they want them I bill them out .Then I pull parts and stage them for drivers to deliver.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Advancement opportunities
good place to work
General Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 15, 2018
You get certified for center rider during orientation. Great managers.Company keeps going through many changed. job board to bid on jobs. First shift starts at 4am or 6am.
Pay was egregiously low
Mobile Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJanuary 15, 2018
Coworkers were immature, and general manager wasn't suited for his job. There were uncalled for expectations levied upon the workforce, and major issues were made out of small inconveniences.
Pros
Occassional pizza
Cons
Lack of professionalism
ill pass
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, FLJanuary 14, 2018
it is a very good company to work for the problem is which location u working for because some store are fast paced while others are super slow like 2 people an hour slow
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
Decent entry level job. Not really a life career.
Parts Professional (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2018
Job is not difficult, and management can be really great at the store level. Corporate, however, can be overbearing and difficult to get a straight answer from.
If you are lucky to maintain solid work hours, you can earn a livable income. That said, most aren't so lucky.
Pros
Discounts on parts
Cons
Shortage of hours
customer service
Auto parts sales (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJanuary 14, 2018
Fun place to work, management to many in the store at one time.
I enjoy people and helping them, shoplifting was a big problem and there was not enough back up on the floor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.