Advance Auto Parts

1.6K reviews

Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Not as bad as other retail jobs
Mobile Parts Professional (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COAugust 8, 2015
Cons: exceedinly poor pay, no employee suggestion program
Not much back-stabbing, which is uncommon for retail, but GPS in vehicles was a real drawback. Some local store general management lacked good leadership. Corporate is behind the times in terms of employee growth.
Learned many things, enjoyed working there.
Team Member (Former Employee), Prudenville, MIAugust 8, 2015
Great place to work! Excellent Store Manager! Learned many new things & enjoyed it very much. Did many deliveries & aided many customers.
Boring job with no opportunity for advancement
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Lowville NYAugust 8, 2015
Pros: little to no manual labor
Cons: pay
It was a small town parts store and our sales goals were unrealistic and unattainable. we stayed ope too late. Nobody in thatarea worked on vehicles so late.
Productive fulfilling
Sales, Key Holder (Former Employee), Ocean Springs, MSAugust 7, 2015
Pros: I worked closely with the customers and looked forward to servicing each one, I also worked well with my co-workers
Cons: Ocean Springs uses alot of gas when you live in Pascagouls
My passion is in the automotive field. I've been around show cars with my grandfather and uncle all my life. But was always learning something new.
great company
Sales & Management Recruiter (Current Employee), houstonAugust 7, 2015
Great Compnay, they allow you to blossom. Great people you build a bond. Everyone is so supportive. I love the retail and opportunities.
good job for experience
Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: advancement possibilities
Cons: pay
This is a job to learn, but it is not a job to make a permanent job. Compensation for what is expected is not equal. You can get promoted if you work for it but they will ask a lot out of you, but they do not pay you for it.
customer service speacialist
Retail sales (Former Employee), Spring cypressAugust 6, 2015
Pros: smiling faces
Cons: sad faces
Physical Demands
Friendly communication
Ability to locate and stock parts
Safety knowledge and skills
Operating inventory systems and store equipment
Parts and automotive system knowledge skills
Operating and Parts lookup systems
Expert at testing and diagnostic equipment
Advanced solution, project and product quality recommendation ability
Advanced parts lookup and sourcing
Advanced selling skills
Terrible work enironment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bel-Air MarylandAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Fast paced commercial buisness
Cons: Management was dreadful
Every day I went too work there it honestly felt like I was the only one working. Horrible management, terrible work environment, terrible co-workers, the only positive thing I can say about is assisting the commercial customers.
too much responsability for pay that's barely over $8hr
Salesperson, PT (Current Employee), Apopka, FLAugust 6, 2015
Pros: friendly management and coworkers
Cons: minimum wage, having to pick up on slack of coworkers specially if working night/closing shift
The work load is okay, but unfortunately almost always picking up slack of other workers. The pay is too low for all the work, responsibility and knowledge required to work there. Barely paying over $8hr.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Being able to be trusted with counting down the safe in the evenings.
Worked during my high school years and really enjoyed it. The management was great and staff were very friendly. Always had a chance to learn more and assist the other staff with things that they were working on.
Not bad/not good
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits and learning about car parts
Cons: short breaks.
Constant change which isn't bad but too much change at once makes employees confused as well as how and when the employees get the new changes in detail. Lots of confusion working there. I did enjoy my team and learning about car parts.
I love auto parts and enjoy making a customer happy
DIY Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 5, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: very clicky job
I would come in check my area to check assignments execute those task , assist customers with all there automotive problems or questions about increasing the life and speed of a vehicle. I also performed installations of wipers and batteries.
Learning environment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Sylva, NCAugust 5, 2015
Advance Auto Parts was a great place to get more involved in the upkeep of vehicles and also to help customers properly identify the exact parts they might need. Also, having to order things through the system was a great thing to learn.
Very Productive, Great Manager, Very Well Staffed
Sales associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great Manager and fellow employees
Cons: I was scheduled too many weekends in a row often
Mornings started with stocking usually, enjoyable interaction with fellow employees and customers alike. Amazing managment with flexible schedules that fit all employee needs. very friendly environment and good customer relations with repeat customers.
Productive enviroment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), tresure coast, flAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work and learn new skills that will help in the long term of your career. Needs more structure from upper management.
Company is too corporate and does not allow you to be an individual!!
commercial account manager (Former Employee), San antonioAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Car and personal use
Cons: Micro manage, too corporate, and your success is based on anyone else but you.
I worked here as a Commercial Account Manager for 6 months and it was all about micro managing. Experience means nothing they will tell you how to do your job and expect you to work all hours of the day and night. Computer work is a lot and will interfere with your personal life. Lots of conference calls and having to report everything you do. Bonus is almost impossible to get when the stores you are given are broken. The Commercial Account Manager is the highest turnover job in this company. Stay away from this position if unless you want to be controlled by everyone else but you. During your interview they don't tell you what you are going to be doing at all. Stay away.
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Flexible on part time schedule
Cons: shift were not treated equal
Was able to learn more about cars while working with co-workers. For most part job was repetitive. If parts were stocked in right places, no trouble finding them for customers
Results driven, outcome based leadership
District Manager (Current Employee), mississippiAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Top performers rewarded
Cons: Compliance based leadership
Expected outcomes are the rule of the day, compliance driven management model. Leadership is downward vs. field lead. Peers are great and work well together.
Great company to help people grow and succeed
District Manager (Current Employee), western areaAugust 3, 2015
Great Company, has a strong vision. Growing pains currently to work through. Strong focus on the commercial account business and needs.
Needs to raise the bar
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Odessa, FLAugust 2, 2015
Pros: 20% of discount
Cons: most everything else
Have already wrote a review on advance auto parts. Stop worrying about how much money the top needs to make and focus on the employees a little more. You pay for what you get in the automotive industry.
Headquarters