Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 2,824 reviews matching the search
Leaders don't treat people right
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 12, 2017
I was a gm for the work they put us through it's not worth the compensation my first day as a new store manager I opened and closed with little to no training didn't see my rvp until I was six months into a broken store that the last store manager walked out I got the business back up just for someone to walk in a nit pick the work life separation is nonexistent
Pros
It's a job
Cons
You will have no life and will always have staffing problems
Good entry level job
Retail Sales / Parts Professional (Former Employee) –  Corryton, TNMay 12, 2017
Lots of busy work, but the knowledge is invaluable. Learn to recognize problems in automobiles. Coworkers are generally easy to get along with, and knowledgeable.
Pros
Good Coworkers
Cons
Bad Customers
Productive fun workplace with great employees.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCMay 12, 2017
A typical day was regulars stopping by to chat. Employees that liked to pick and have fun. I learned a lot, from planograms to how to deal with rude customers. Hardest part was rude customers, but the best part was the people and relationships you build.
Not my cup of tea.
Sales/Delivery (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 11, 2017
Manager needs to do better job of scheduling. Manager needs to address associates behaviors and attendance/tardiness issues. Associates need more time for required training.
Pros
Decent discount on personal auto parts
Cons
lots of standing/walking, climbing ladders, heavy lifting/carrying
Great work place friend co workers
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMay 11, 2017
Open Store start computer systems count drawers fill paper work plan your sales day take customer orders check inventory and stock set up for new inventory planagrams for the end of the day. Clean store front and close store plan your next day sales report
Depended on daily orders, was a delivery driver
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Paw Paw, MIMay 11, 2017
Would check in & see if orders were available for delivery. Learned many auto repair places in area. Management was just a number there, place is too big to care about individuals. Hardest part of job was doing all the seminars for learning all the products. Didn't make sense when I was just delivery person. Did enjoy seeing different people I hadn't seen recently.
Pros
Got to different businesses & meet people
Cons
Working the store & on computer looking up parts for customers
Decent job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, INMay 10, 2017
The turnover rate is pretty high no matter what store you work at. I worked at multiple locations and this was always a problem. I enjoyed the work, but the pay wasn't good enough to stick around.
A Little Sexist
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  McRae, GAMay 10, 2017
Sometimes because, automotive industry is a male dominated career, customers and even management would assume a woman wouldn't know about the parts she was selling and installing. So as a woman I pushed harder to prove myself in my career path. I succeed with my goals I set for myself within the company.
Pros
Discount on automotive
Cons
Male dominated
great place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYMay 10, 2017
very good place to work lots of opportunity for advancement and good corporate structure great discounts on parts and lots of knowledge to be gained from working there
Pros
discounts on parts
Cons
low pay
Good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Festus, MO 63028May 10, 2017
they take care of their people, but they tend to pay on the low end of the scale, even for management. I was a department supervisor for a big box home improvement center, and made more than the asst mgrs at Advance.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Low pay
Fast paced, interesting place to work
Charge Back Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 10, 2017
Busy, fast paced, always new experiences. I was the only person in my position, if I was out, it took away from another job. Management team understanding and supportive.
Pros
great work location
Perfect for High Schooler first job.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, GAMay 10, 2017
Company is poorly managed. With little pay and next to no advancement. The location I work for does not respect company policies and procedures or personal off the clock time and days off.
Not a bad place
Delivery Driver and Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMay 10, 2017
Not a bad place to work . Pay is okay . You will learn a lot about parts, people, shops, who to trust, and who not to. Manager for my store was awesome he bought us lunch, he would let us eat when we buy our own food, he was lenient but firm an fair...
Pros
Get to make friends with auto shops. Discounts
Cons
They closed down
Productive and friendly and fun
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 10, 2017
With me working at advance auto parts i learned so much about cars and parts. If i was in a sitiuation dealing with my car most cases i would be able to fix it myself
Cons
Breaks and benefits
Its a great environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Valrico, FLMay 10, 2017
I enjoy working there , the management treats the employees fairly , the environment is friendly, a lot of team work and responsibilities , I've learned how to keep a customer happy
Great company to work for would recommend to anyone
Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 9, 2017
I loved working for advance they were very good to me I would go back at any time the management team is amazing and taught me so much. I am and always will be great full for my time there
Pros
Great staff...great training process, family atmosphere
Cons
None to speak of
Laid back atmosphere
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 9, 2017
Very fast paced but as long as you had the items in and the equipment was ready a smooth day you would have. The employees were easy to get along with
Advance auto parts
Commercial retail (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 9, 2017
Well managed place for entry level on automotive business personnel. Gain experience on auto parts I haven't even seen on a automobile vehicles. Well recommended for new automobile leaders.
Pros
Experience on automobile parts
Cons
Not enough benefit
Overall fair
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCMay 9, 2017
Working as a night shift manager, I had a decent amount on my plate. Sometimes customers can bring on a huge hassle, as well as some employees not having the appropriate knowledge to help the customers. However, the structuring is fairly decent and everyone puts an effort forward to help out when needed.Over all not too bad of a job. Only problem I see is the short hour shifts.
Pros
Decent discount
Cons
Short shifts, Short or no breaks
Fast pace work environment
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 8, 2017
A typical day included checking out customers, changing batteries and windshield wipers and stocking the sales floor. The hardest part of the job probably when there is a huge rush of customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.