Advance Auto Parts
1,570 reviews

Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

It's a job.
Driver (Former Employee), Columbus OHJuly 12, 2015
Pros: learned a lot working in the 'hood
Cons: few hours, erratic management
Advance overexpanded in years past and is now scared to death to spend money. They seemed to be in decline when I was there
worked with some great employees
Customer service, retail & commercial sales (Former Employee), Powell, OHJuly 12, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: too many to list
I, like everyone in the store, I was just a number. No opportunities for advancement. Instead of spending time training their employees for management positions, they relied on new management personnel from other retail corporations.
It was a busy and enjoyable workplace.
Sales Associate / Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Punxsutawney, PAJuly 12, 2015
I typically hit the ground running with deliveries and customers. It was pretty fast paced and hectic. Time went quickly.
The employees there were great to work with.
Good work environment, but; low pay / no advancement opportunities
Mobile Parts Pro (Current Employee), Dawsonville, GAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Good wor environment
Cons: low pay
Advance Auto Parts Dawsonville, Georgia. Is a good place to work good environment and good people? But the pay is low. In there is. Virtually no room for advancement. People are very professional. And Courteous.
best job ever
Sales (Former Employee), Massillon OhioJuly 11, 2015
I would stay busy the whole time at work always plenty to do. I learned all about cars, the parts, and the customers needs and learning about regulars. I loved all of my Managers they would always understand any time I would need to speak with them and help me out with whatever task at hand even if it was the 1000th time they've showed me. Most of my co-workers were very helpful and work their tails off, although I had complications with one. The hardest part of the job would be replacing batteries or dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable would be the environment and getting away from everyday life and be able to focus and help others in need.
Nice place to work with wonderful people
Driver/Sales (Former Employee), Brighton, COJuly 10, 2015
Pros: 25% off on auto parts for my vehicle
Cons: no breaks
I enjoyed working for Advance Auto Parts because I like the auto part industry. A typical day at work was delivering parts to our commercial customers and helping retail customers on the counter with their auto part needs. I honestly had the best co-workers because we all got along well and helped each other out and worked as team players. The hardest part of my job there was putting batteries in vehicles in the winter when it was below zero because out hands would get extremely cold and it was very hard to install them. The most enjoyable part of my jobs was dealing with our customer, I am a people person so taking care of them and talking to them on a daily basis was very enjoyable.
fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), HoustonJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Fast promotion
Cons: Cutting people hour below what they where told they would get
Fast promotion. Heavy on pushing sales in new markets.

Open the store. Do your morning paperwork. call in for conference call every morning to go over sales. explain why you did not meet the sale goals for the day before and what you are going to do to meet them today.
A change oriented company
General Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Had some great District Leaders, and most of my best friends I worked with within the company. Days can be physically & mentally exhausting, but felt rewarded at the end of a shift. Wish there was a way to have more weekends off with family.
Start up facility using new technology
Selection Department Manager (Current Employee), Enfield, CTJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Availability of work life balance
Cons: None to speak of at this point
This was my second opportunity to open a facility. The dedication to training and safety was outstanding. It is always exciting and rewarding to be involved in the success of an entirely new work-force.
New Startup DC..
Department Manager (Current Employee), Enfield, CTJuly 8, 2015
Still working through the new processes with a startup. Has a Good Base management staff and will be a good distribution center when up and running 100%
great place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 7, 2015
driving to every store delivering car parts and stocking items, i learned the functions of most of the car parts in the store i enjoyed driving to the stores.
Badly managed with low respect for employees and little room for advancement for close to minimum wage pay even after promotion.
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: It's pays although its low
Cons: Management, Scheduling, Compensation, Discount, Unqualified staff
Expect to have to run all over the store grabbing parts and products for customers while having to answer the phones while ringing people up at the same time when expected to do store management duties passed down from corporate including putting up inventory and changing product prices and set ups then having to stop to help customers do to low staffing also if you don't end up having to skip your lunch like usual be prepared to get called in early and or on your day off then yelled at for going over your hours at the end of the week since the store has little money to go around and the compensation is close to minimum wage even after promotion of manager while unintelligent employees that know nothing about cars are being hired that need there hand held through every transaction with a million questions but still have low work ethic and don't do anything to help out around the store with no discipline or corrective actions being done by the store managers or corporate making working very difficult since every one tries taking advantage of everything over all high stressful job with customers constantly upset since there vehicle is acting up and they have to spend money almost always taking it out on the employees at the same time wanting you to install the parts purchased and usually will flip out if you say you can't but trust me they still will try to get you to come to there car and have you walk them through it although you do have to do battery checks and or installs rain or shine so bring an extra uniform that you have to pay for out your own pocket specially when its – more... a rainy day because just about every other customer will want there wiper blades installed which is required to be done if asked and don't take the tip they try do give you if the do because its against policy to take tips even though your not payed extra by the company to do installs. Over all there isn't much of anything positive about working for this company besides working with the few customers that have a project car that have a level head that you can help them find the parts they need and or help them solve the problems they are running into if you enjoy working or talking about mechanical subjects. – less
Good for a Part time Job
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 6, 2015
The pay nor the benefits weren't great but if you need some extra cash or discounts on auto parts, this is a good place to work.
Great Place For College Students
Commercial Driver (Current Employee), Richmond, VaJuly 4, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: very low pay
They are flexible with your schedules and will help you push through college. I would deliver parts when ordered to local shops. In the downtime I would put up parts, unload trucks. Help assist customers and whatever else was needed. Hardest part of the job is looking at my paycheck. Easiest part is the people because they are great to work with.
MPP (driver)
driver (Current Employee), Madison, alJuly 3, 2015
Unreasonably low pay when other part stores pay more especially for what kind of work you do. GM doesn't care about his employees and shows favouritism when you should have an "open door policy", it doesn't exist. People getting promoted within that have violated company policies and it has been brushed under the rug even after HR has been notified, as well as certain people having set schedules when others have been told otherwise by the GM. Unless you're a student or have another job, this place isn't for you.
enjoyable atmosphere with fun customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 1011 broad street manchester ctJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on good days. Helping a customer solve a difficult problem
Cons: The lack of management.
typical work day includes loading and unloading trucks. troubleshooting customer issues and resolving them.
i learned an extensive knowledge of vehicles and how they work.
management was sub par. the general manager was let go and there was no appointed manager after that.
My co workers were fun and energetic. they were a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was second sourcing parts for customers. the parts were difficult to find and were not always in on time.
the most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the customers about mechanics.
Manager of Advance Auto Part
Assistant Manager for an Automotive Part Store (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 1, 2015
Pros: good benifits, fair pay, customer interaction
Cons: long hours, late employees
As an assistant manager we are responsible for personnel, parts inventory, scheduling, payroll, deposits and customer satisfaction. You are required to take test weekly to stay current on equipment and customer needs. Standing on your feed all day (10 Hours), dealing with unruly customers and late employees makes your job hard.
This was a Great Job
CSR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: learned Something new everyday, meet new people, convenient transportation
Cons: management poor, assistant management poor
I'm a visual learner, I love to learn new things about cars and with this job i actually learned something new everyday. if i could have grown in the Advance Auto Parts Business i would have. great business but the management is horrible at the pineville Location...I had great employees that also taught me a lot, they never had a problem showing me where things went when Stocking was involved..I also enjoyed meeting new customer, talking to them, helping around the store, and even assisting outside of work. This job taught me a lot in a little bit of time and I'm very Thankful

It was a fun place to work good coworkers
Cashier cleaning Customer (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNJune 30, 2015
It was fast paced always moving they are really friendly place to work the gm is really nice and the woman over the MPP part is a very Good at he job
Bad atmosphere, no connection from corporate to the reality of the store operations
General Manager (Former Employee), Frankfort, INJune 29, 2015
Work wasnt hard, but upper management had no idea what running a store was like, and they often asked more of you than was possible to achieve

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (Advance) operates within the United States automotive aftermarket industry, which includes replacement – Read more

Advance Auto Parts Salaries

Retail Salesperson
$21,000 per year

Advance Auto Parts Photos

Advance Auto Parts
We Love our Customer and Their Cars!