Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,061 reviews matching the search
Ready for a challenge
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29229May 19, 2016
A easy outgoing environment. The management team is always prepared to help and are willing to work side by side with employees until the mission is finished.
Management lacking professionalism
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 19, 2016
At Advance the Management seems to bend the rules in the way that best fits them and seems to be very dishonest. The manager often times requires the assistant manager to clock her out several hours after she has already left, She also often falsifies records of hours for employees by creating a schedule to send to the district manager getting it approved, and then creates a completely different schedule. She gives low hours and refuses to work around schedules.
Pros
Friendly Staff
grate place to work
parts specialist/ sales (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 17, 2016
i loved the people and what i did i wish i didn't have to move away from bloomington i would still be working here i would go back in a heartbeat
Pros
good work environment
Learning expierence
Sales (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAMay 16, 2016
This job taught me a lot of new things. I learned about different vehicle parts. It was difficult but I enjoyed it and it was fun.
Customer Service
Commercial Delievery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCMay 16, 2016
Customer service is the key in this field when it comes to work performance. If you can do this, then you will be fine. Nothing is hard about it.
Fun work place
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCMay 16, 2016
Fun work place. Bosses were fun to work with but tended to push all of their work off on you. People came in with broken cars so it was difficult to deal with the public and their anger for having to spend money.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Short breaks
sales associate
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCMay 15, 2016
as a sales associate i was resposible for costomer service parts location as well as running cash regesters and restock of mechiendise
Advance Auto
General Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 15, 2016
A company that needs to invest more in there people. The associates are hard working and dedicated. A fast paced environment that make the day fly by.
Pros
A great work enviroment
Cons
Minimal finacial growth potential
A constant learning enviroment
Retail Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 14, 2016
Typical days would consist of helping customers find the right part for there project. A benefit from working on the front-line is the knowledge customers brought, when looking for a specific part. I got a chance to learn from them as much as I learned from upper management.
Fun
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAMay 13, 2016
The job was fun and some of the people were ok to work with. But you must always watch your back. People who say they are your friends are not,
Pros
Discounts
Fast Paced and Challenging
Salesman/Driver (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKMay 12, 2016
Working at Advance Auto Parts as a driver is a good job, they offer flexible schedules and really care about their employees.
learned alot
Second Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 11, 2016
cars are the most money draining thing on the road,working at Advance I saved a lot of money by training and experience that I still use today on my own cars
Tolerable College Job
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 10, 2016
I had a rather favorable experience at Advance Auto Parts, largely due to my relaxed general manager. My distaste is with the company as a whole. There is absolutely no incentive to increase sales, outperform, or shine in anyway. The only, miniscule incentive was a credit card like rewards program that was discontinued.

I would do everything I could to talk customers out of buying batteries during winter, so that I didn't have to install them. The only raises that were available were dime raises at the end of the year, but there were often more variables that disqualified you than actually qualified you for that raise. I would happily tell customers to try the internet when they cringed at the prices, because the Internet was often 1/3 the cost. I purchased zero parts from advance during my tenure there. Not only because of the price, but because 50% of the parts we sold would be warrantied within 6 months.

Not only was the pay minimal, the incentive for automotive knowledge was non-existent. Hypothetically, if an employee had been there for two years, new hires would be paid 20 cents more regardless of knowledge and experience. It's a wonder why there is such a high turnover rate. Any employee lower than general manager is referred to in emails by their employees number, which is all you are at that capacity - a number.

My hours were flexible and I knew more about cars than the average person, so I stayed employed at Advance during my college career. I believe that this place's business model was to minimize costs in order to stay in the black. People are beginning
  more... to find that giving your money to corporate America is the same no matter where you do it, so you might as well save some money. Advance isn't a terrible place to work but the business model is cancerous.  less
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Minimal pay, degraded by customers, no advancement, intellectually deficient superiors
Productive and fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 9, 2016
A fun and challenging place to work
Fast pace day to day job
Good people to work with
Great customers
Putting a battery in a vehicle was tough
Great place
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, WVMay 9, 2016
Opened and closed store, work 6 days a week just didnt have any family life. Co workers where great alot of knowledge for the most part
Hostile Work Enviornment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 6, 2016
Very political not a good place for a woman to work.Woman are subjected to harassment daily from customers and employees/employers. No chance for advancement if you are not part of the "the click". Upper Management does not follow their owns Standard Operational Procedures.
Basic counter sales job
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYMay 5, 2016
included counter sales, general housekeeping duties (sweep, mop, wipe down surfaces). Learned a lot about various vehicles, both by customer network and various other employees. There was no hard part to the job.
Pros
Discounts on auto parts
Cons
Can be annoying to come and work a 3 hour shift.
Busy and Productive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 3, 2016
I felt as though working with this company allows me to expand my knowledge in warehouse work with the various chutes and departments packages go through.
a fun self motivated job / good driving job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2016
set up clean up , check orders to deliver too, deliver items to customer if no deliveries help with customer service inside company store .
Pros
take breakes at your own pace, easy and flexible schedule
Cons
had to stay even if your shifts over to close
Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  PaMay 3, 2016
No job security, pay was awful for the work you do, no recognition, advancement was based on favoritism instead of hard work, you could get a better discount online than working there, commercial accounts got a bigger discount than employees.