Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 2,828 reviews matching the search
Laid back atmosphere
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 9, 2017
Very fast paced but as long as you had the items in and the equipment was ready a smooth day you would have. The employees were easy to get along with
Advance auto parts
Commercial retail (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 9, 2017
Well managed place for entry level on automotive business personnel. Gain experience on auto parts I haven't even seen on a automobile vehicles. Well recommended for new automobile leaders.
Pros
Experience on automobile parts
Cons
Not enough benefit
Overall fair
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCMay 9, 2017
Working as a night shift manager, I had a decent amount on my plate. Sometimes customers can bring on a huge hassle, as well as some employees not having the appropriate knowledge to help the customers. However, the structuring is fairly decent and everyone puts an effort forward to help out when needed.Over all not too bad of a job. Only problem I see is the short hour shifts.
Pros
Decent discount
Cons
Short shifts, Short or no breaks
Fast pace work environment
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 8, 2017
A typical day included checking out customers, changing batteries and windshield wipers and stocking the sales floor. The hardest part of the job probably when there is a huge rush of customers.
no words to say about this employer
Expert (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 8, 2017
no real words to say about the store i was at had 4 managers in less then 3 years there bouncing schedules no coverage for holidays part time employees that never wanna work
Fun place to work and learn
SALES ASSOCIATE/ PARTS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sylva, NCMay 8, 2017
Though i learned a lot during my time here, there were a lot of struggles. It never really felt like i would have the opportunity to grow within the company, as well as the attitude some customers would take on when they realized i was a woman. A boys club a majority of the time, but it was a nice amount of experience to have, to learn more about cars was a good bonus too.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
scheduling issues
Productive palce at times
Mobile Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 8, 2017
A typical work day at Advaance will start off slow. As the day goes on it will get very busy. Customers, and deliverys the customers comes first. As a moblie pro delivery to shops. At times it would be to drivers. At times it would get crazy with deleverys back up and trying to figure out witch direction to go.
Pros
1 hr. lunch
Cons
Staffing and mangement
good place to work at while having being in high school, college.
Assist Customers (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAMay 7, 2017
good work place, general managers and above that are all really nice people. always worked with my schedule while being in college. boss is really understanding if you need to take time off.
Difficult Company
Assistance General Manager (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, ALMay 5, 2017
they wanted employees to work on customers cars instead of being sales associates. the manager had no consideration of his employees. Manager would create rules but he himself would not follow through.
Pros
employeed discount
Cons
lot of movement and a lot retail
Part Sales Pro (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 5, 2017
lot of movement such as parts places and diagrams.management was ok. the culture was ok there issues but went over it. the hardest part of the job is making a customer happy
Pros
learn new things everyday
Cons
dealing with assoicates that you dont want to deal with
good company
Commercial Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 5, 2017
i was with them for 9 years, ran the commercial and built a good solid relationship with my customers, only reason i left was i wanted to run my own store, team we had was great to work with.
Pros
good company
Cons
some store are fun place to be. love customer service
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2017
big in customer service. limited on autoparts. help desk hard to Understand. commercial credit is hard for commercial customer to get approved. very friendy
Pros
fun place to work. some commission
Cons
hard to growth with company
enjoy working with the people and customers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Romney, WVMay 4, 2017
I looked forward to going to work everyday mainly because of the great customers but also the people I worked with. It was a great work environment. I learned a lot from this job.
Pros
Discount on parts
Cons
no benefits
Good Place to advance your career
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 4, 2017
Very clear vision of advancement. Was able to move all the way up to DM in 6 year span. Great leadership and vision at the regional level. Highly recommend.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Fun and fast paced
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 4, 2017
Advance Auto parts was a great "starter job" for me. I started fresh out of high school and quickly advanced through the ranks at the "in store" level. I would have happily stayed with Advance Auto parts and built a career their but once I maxed out at the "in store" level. I was met with a lot of false promises about my advancement and future there. I was constantly told I was a valued employee and that they were working on getting me to the next level but for the next two years it seemed that they always had an excuse as to why is wasn't the right time or fit. With a growing family I could no longer stay stagnant and was forced to find employment elsewhere.
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 4, 2017
Overall a great company to work for. Even though they have been in business for many years they are still going through some interesting growth spurts.
Pros
Salart
Cons
work life balance at time
Strong Automotive knowledge required
Sales associate/ parts carrier (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 3, 2017
If you do not have a strong Automotive background or knowledge do not work for a parts store that requires such. Customer conversations and helping them will become a lot harder.
great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAMay 3, 2017
it is a very great place to work some days were very stressful but it was great there and a very friendly environment to work in and management is vety understanding if you have a family
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
gets very stressful sometimes
Advance Auto
Mobile Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAMay 3, 2017
This is not my ideal job. I never thought I would be working in an auto parts store. The management does not care about the associates and what they have to go through.
I like working here.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 2, 2017
It's a pretty good place to work, Not great pay. I was able to set a schedule but they do change it sometimes. They are always looking for delivery drivers so if you have a valid drivers license and really need work you should definitely apply here!
Pros
A lot of driving and being away from the store if you have a good driving record, Schedule flexibility
Cons
Not great pay for entry level applicants, Bi-Weekly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval