Advance Auto Parts
1,393 reviews

Advance Auto Parts Employer Reviews

Travel, Salary plus per diem, great team
Assistant Supervisor Store Setup (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: regular schedule 8 days on 6 off
Cons: aetna insurance is very limited
The job is overall great! The work is hard and precise, but rewarding. You have to be able and willing to work with different people constantly from a lot of different experiences. You travel from site to site with a team of 2 other merchandisers and you will be away from home for about a week at a time.
Various workplace tempo
Retail Parts Pro (Current Employee), Tiffin, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Behind the scene operations and paperwork.

Daily interactions with the general public as well as local auto repair shops.

Educating other team members as well as learning periods of my own each month.
Great entry position for a wonderful company.
Retail Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee), Hiram, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: the customers and co-workers and benefits
Cons: short breaks
Opening tasks include pulling overstock, preparing registers and computer systems, unlocking the doors, and getting in the "zone"
I learned about the engine and the drive shaft as a whole along with all the parts in between and everything that goes with it.
Management and co-workers were a dream! Very understanding and compassionate but firm when needed to be.
Hardest part about the job is physically learning all the components of all the parts and actually putting my hands on them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment i was in and the wonderful customers i met.
Good place of car guys.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good co-workes
Cons: conservative pay
I had fun working with the people at advance auto parts. I really enjoyed the interaction with the customers. I felt that I helped many customers find the right product for their vehicles.
great place to work.
DRIVER (Former Employee), Flushing, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: hr lunch
Cons: some days were slow
i enjoyed delivering auto part to various businesses. i learned alot about automotive parts and accessories. met alot of great people. management was good.
GM (Store Manager) (Former Employee), Chesterfield, SCJanuary 28, 2015
As a manager you best realize that your job is not going to be a nine to five. You are expected to be available to your store twenty four hours a day. Do not make plans on your day off because more then likely you will have to work or attended a meeting that you will not be paid for. You are just a number to this company they will not help you if you are struggling or need help.
Customer Services was number one and nothing else mattered.
Customer Sales (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: it was a job
Cons: terrible management, unbalanced work load, never any full time availible, scheduling
Worst Years of my life working for a company like this hands down. Broken Promises and terrible managment.
Nice and friendly enviroment with a lot a work to do.
Merchandiser & Personal Sale (Former Employee), Aguadilla Puerto RicoJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: they where flexible when i need .
Cons: the health care, i couldn't use it.
Keep clean and well organized my area with the products for the customers. I feel satisfied doing my work especially helping the customers with they needs. I enjoy works with others, but most of the time I worked alone focus on my duties. The hardest part of the job was when the company announced that the store in Aguadilla Puerto Rico will close and transfer me to another store far from my home but at that time it was impossible to me accept . After that I've been trying to get back to work in the store again with no result.The most enjoyable part of the job: see customers happy
My Review
AAP (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Advanced auto part taught me alot within the time i worked learning how to deal with different types of tools and helping customers solve different problems was the most exciting part about my job .
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 22, 2015
This was a fun and relaxed place to work. I learned many new things at this organization.
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), aurora coJanuary 21, 2015
poor management no opportunity to advance always changing schedule without contacting employees never enforced company policies
Self Motivated
General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: driven
Cons: perfectionist
I am a self motivated individual that puts a great deal of time and effort into achieving positive results. I am big on accountability and training. I take pride in achieving results through teamwork. I am driven by the desire to do better. I work hard to accomplish the company goals and expectations.
Average middle class job.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2015
An average day is getting customers the correct part the first time.
I loved my Employees.
I learned a lot of patience.
Great cast of customers that loved the knowledge I gave them.
It was hard letting people go.
I enjoyed teaching Employees and Customers Automotive knowledge.
Good work life Balance
District Manager (Current Employee), St. LouisJanuary 21, 2015
This up and coming leader in the after market parts business. Good work life balance, micro-manages the heck out of everything and everyone. A lot of opportunity for advancement, if you can get past the consistent micro-managing. If you don't have patience and aren't willing to teach skills and acumen, don't apply.
Fun job with great coworkers
Retail Parts Pro (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Great place to learn more about automobiles and the parts that go into them!
to much favortism
Retail Sales (Current Employee), Jackson njJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: bad supervision
schedules are never close to being the same, and supervisors do not supervise. Some people want to work and others don't
Good place to work but hard on the body
Retail Parts Pro (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: meeting and talking to people
Cons: not know the days you were goiing to have off
I really like working here, I was one of the Assistant Managers and work flexible hours. I would either have of open or close the store. we had two day off a week and would not find out what they were until the schedule was post on Sunday unless you ask for that day off. The people I worked with was great and I really did not want to leave; meeting all the customers and doing the logistics for the in processing and returning parts was good. It was a great job while meeting new people and helping then with their vehicle needs.
Nice clean office. With very good co-workers.
Daily delivery driver(part time) (Former Employee), Webster, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexable schedule, clean work place, good people that knew the construction business.
Cons: lack on company money for payroll, building materials.
Good company to work for. Except the owner wasn't good at managing money.Take funds out of the business to buy himself a new toy. Or take his girl friend for a weekend getaway to some expensive resort. So in turn there wouldn't be enough money to make payroll some weeks.
Good work enviroment with room for advancement.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: benifits
You can start from the bottom as a part time sales person and be a GM or DL within several years.
Not a bad place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee), New Castle, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Though sometimes I feel as if Management is concerned on running one side of the business at times and doesn't seem to care about the problems you're currently facing. The balance between different positions always seems to work out for the better. Most coworkers are eager to help you learn and help you advance where applicable. I can't say I'm a fan of the scheduling, however I am part time so I don't get much say in that department. Working on the weekly inventory can be monotonous at times but isn't really that bad and I love working with the customers I have coming in on a slow, but daily basis.

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (Advance) operates within the United States automotive aftermarket industry, which includes replacement – Read more

Advance Auto Parts Photos