Advance Auto Parts
1,176 reviews

Advance Auto Parts Employer Reviews

Nice work environment with potential for advancement
General Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: active workplace, good team environment, flexible scheduling
Cons: less than adequate compensation/pay, micro-managing from upper management
Working for Advance Auto Parts was a very enjoyable job. As the General Manager, you are responsible for EVERYTHING that is, and happens, in the store. The job itself, managing an auto parts store, was very fun and rewarding. This was especially true when you and your team beat sales goals and targets from previous years. Also, the store team can become – more... a "family" when things are done right. Upper management in my area had no clue what they were doing and did not help me to succeed. It was more of an add-on task and micro-manage mentality it seemed from upper management, instead of a store focused and goal oriented mentality. They need to let the people that they chose for each position do their job and not micro manage on everything, especially when they have no idea about each store atmosphere and team. Compensation is lacking, at best, except for when you are firm about asking for more pay. They will budge, but not without a fight. Management are REQUIRED to work 50 hrs/week, but pay is still based on a 40 hour work week. Just a little way to take advantage of the manager and get them to work for less. Overall, Advance Auto Parts was a great place to work when upper management was not involved. Helping customers solve their automotive problems and becoming part of the store team are very fulfilling. – less
COMMITED EMPLOYEES
Driver/Cashier (Former Employee), Apopka, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
GREAT BUISNESS WITH QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE
AND DEDICATED WORKERS
Fun place to work
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), High Point, NCAugust 30, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: some mechanic experience required
I really enjoyed working here I advanced postions quick to 2nd assistant manager, the environment was freindly
Learning and helping
Commercial Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Brandon, MSAugust 29, 2014
I enjoyed this job because it gave me an opportunity to learn new things every day. I also took a great deal of pride knowing that I was able to take the knowledge I obtained and helped the customers.
Productive and Constantly Moving Work Enviornment
Sales/Shift Manager (Current Employee), Fort Pierce, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: fun work enviornment
Cons: bad district leaders
A typical day here would consist of phone customers in search of parts for their vehicles. Not all phone in customers have any idea what they are talking about so it will take much vehicle background experience to determine what it is they are looking for. Walk in customers most of the time will come right to the counter and buy a hard part which is – more... behind the counter for their vehicle or order it in. Then most other times they will browse the store and ask for help here and there which usually involves you having to know the store very well to find everything because there is alot of merchandise on the sales floor.

Ive learned how to deal with customers on the phone and in person mainly, I have always been a vehicle fanatic and the son of a mechanic who taught me all he knows.

Management is pretty good, if you ever have an issue they are easy to talk to and usually make things right. The district leaders are the ones who lack though, when you are doing a great job and you put in any extra time to cover for incompetency of others or beat average sales goals phenomenally... they do not congratulate or even recognize you when they visit your store. – less
decent starter company
Commercial Parts Professional, Customer Service (Former Employee), Whitinsville, MAAugust 27, 2014
worked at Advance for a while, moved up quite fast. managers are willing to move you up in the ranks, as long as you are dedicated and put the effort in.
Good co-workers, Poor management
Parts Sales Associate (part time) (Current Employee), Cary, NCAugust 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers, customers
Cons: no benefits or pay raises
They mostly only hire part time help to avoid paying benefits. It's an ok job until you find a full time career. Part timers get no benefits, no vacation, and no evaluation or pay raises! ALL part time help starts off with $8.50, but that also depends on your location. Best part of the job is your co-workers and some of the pleasant customers that come – more... in – less
Advance Review
Retail Parts Professional Manager (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 26, 2014
Pros: 20% off parts and fun people to work with
Cons: extremely rude customers
Because of working with Advance Auto Parts, I have learned how to deal with multiple different types of customers, and how to manage a fast pace work environment. I have grown extremely close with my fellow employees, that I would consider them family.
fun work enviornment
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee), Foley, ALAugust 25, 2014
Great co- workers, fun work experience, great customers. lack of general managers people skills.
interesting retail company
mobile pro driver, sales associate (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 23, 2014
A typical day at work: Deliver auto parts to commercial account customers and provide DIY customers with excellent and professional services in the automotive parts industry.
Excellent workplace
Auto Parts Sales (Former Employee), HuntsvilleAugust 21, 2014
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: short lunch breaks
Problem solving is an important part of the job. On a typical day, employees were to maintain the store as well as provide customer service. The Advance Auto team worked well together ensuring that the store was in great shape as well as communicated to ensure customers are satisfied.
Productive and fast paced
Sales Representative/ Driver (Current Employee), Lebanon, PAAugust 21, 2014
typical day includes answering phones, waiting on customers, and putting away any new shipments that come in.
Great enviroment to work in
Automotive Cashier (Former Employee), Berea, OHAugust 21, 2014
Working at the register, Maintenance, working a small amount on cars, answering phones and helping customers find what they need also answering their questions. Friendly Management, understanding, professional. Hardest part was learning everything at once but after a few days it was easier. Most enjoyable part was learning new things, helping customers – more... and the fun work enviroment. – less
ASSIT MANAGER/COMMERICAL MANAGER
2nd Asst. Manager/ Commercial Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
Helping customer with parts for there automoblie.

Checking batteries, starter, alternator, on the automoblie
Replacing wiper blades on automoblie

Helped customer in wholesale which is the commerical department
resource another parts which are not located at the store.
csr
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 20, 2014
* Inbound calls
* Outbound sales
* Customer service
* Help customers redeem their gift certificates
* Collections on pass due balance
Great company with lots of growth potential
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: lots of potential for growth
Cons: travel distance over 40 miles
Pretty fast paced days, I learned that most customers want and need to be led through the process of purchasing the correct parts to complete thier task at hand. The management staff was pretty lean, but dependable, and eager to learn. The hardest part of the job was being careful to not step on my uplying managers toes while trying to go to the next – more... level. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers, and gaining thier trust by providing the knowledge needed for them to complete thier tasks at hand. – less
Advance Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Auburn,AlAugust 20, 2014
Pros: the food places
Cons: no lunch most days
The work atmosphere is mediocre. The employees there are just going through the motions and have no long term plans on staying with the company. The employee relations between the management staff and team members does not exist. The hardest part about working there was the racial inequality. I learned to never settle and to always look for better. – more... There were days that their was no coverage and I wasnt able to get a lunch. – less
Would not work for them.
Mobile Parts Professional (Former Employee), Roswell, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: nice benefits
Cons: management, rules
I started working here with a fantastic boss. He then had to move and we proceeded to have two different managers in a few shorts months. The upper management kept changing rules and it really messed everyone up.

I was a driver so I drove parts to different shops, a few of them were incredibly rude to me and even threw a part at me! When I told my – more... boss he did nothing because he was scared to loss their sales. What a place where the numbers outweigh the safety of the employee.

The upper management were all very cruel and never tried to get to know anyone, even though our store was one of the top in the state. – less
great job or part-time
Assisted management staff (Former Employee), Harlan, KYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: public
Would consider to work here if your in college and want to work part-time
productive, market driven workplace
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 19, 2014
fun atmosphere, fair management, good benefits.

definitely recommended to all

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (Advance) operates within the United States automotive aftermarket industry, which includes replacement – Read more

Advance Auto Parts Photos