Advance Auto Parts
1,349 reviews

Advance Auto Parts Employer Reviews

Good first job, tons of learning opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Punxsutawney, PA; Erie, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: lower wages, little to no benefits
Good first job. Taught me how to work with the public and apply my mechanical knowledge at the same time. If you succeed and give your best, advancement options are possible. Hard to get a full-time position however, and the pay is not adequate enough to make a living from.
Poor company to work for
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganJanuary 6, 2015
Management is terrible. No advancement opportunities unless you are in the click or buddy with management. Do not apply for Advance Auto Parts. Further your career by doing anything else.
stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), marshfield, WIJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: multiple jobs low pay
Expected to pick up slack for your managers as well as your outside sales team aka do there jobs as well. work almost every weekend not much time for family.
Sales oriented company with high focus on profit and little concern for employees or customers
Commercial manager (Former Employee), West Homestead PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: the bonus programs for management are decent when sales goals are met.
Cons: little to no help from upper management when needed, hour cuts are constant, little chance of advancement.
Typical day at work for a commercial manager is making sales calls to commercial accounts and managing drivers delivery routes. If and when problems arise, there is little to no help from upper management. When new employees are hired there is no training and they are thrown into difficult situations with no experience on how to handle them. It is common for stores to be understaffed for the company to make extra profit and managers have no way to get around understaffing because of computer controlled scheduling and negative repercussions from corporate management. Bad employees that do not follow their orders, cause issues with customers and employees, or simply do not do their jobs do not get terminated or reprimanded, but simply moved from store to store with no consequence. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with the customers and helping them solve their problems. There is also very little room for advancement in the company. They prefer to hire outside help with no experience for management jobs.
Good work environment.
- Handling Money
- Maintaining a clean facility
Productive and Motivated
Retail Parts Pro (Current Employee), Maysville, KYJanuary 2, 2015
I am a hard working motivated person that likes to have a productive day everyday. Quick learner, like to learn new things. I have a P-2 ASE certification. I have Automotive knowledge, knowledge in management, and knowledge of cleaning and maintaining a store.
Loved my job
Outside Sales Coordinator/Driver (Former Employee), Castleton, INJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: keeping you educated, on top of the latest product never doing the same thing each day
Cons: the pay and benefits
Loved working here, they work hard at keeping you educated.
Mobile Parts Pro
Mobile Parts Pro (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: some good people to work with
Cons: no brakes, pay sucks
I have work for Advance Auto Parts for over a year and when they acquired CARQUEST all of the CARQUEST employees got promotions and none of the original people from advance got an promotion. I have been trying to work up front for the past 3 months and the excuse that I'm getting for not getting put up front is that I do not speak Spanish. I'm selling about $800-$1,200 a day in patrs and they are still refusing to put me up front is that make any sense to any of you.
good job
Car parts specialist (Former Employee), DeLand, FLDecember 30, 2014
good job, but the pay for an educated college individual is'nt recognized.
Advance Auto Parts
Michael Koryta, General Manager (Current Employee), Twinsburg, OHDecember 30, 2014
Pros: you get to help people when they need it most.
Cons: no matter how much work you do, you feel like you are going to get fire not selling enough. .
Work with a group of people you hope turns into a TEAM. Sell auto parts and discuss with customer their project. Put product away in a timely fashion. Monthly Ad Sets. Count money in drawers and safe. Open\Close store.
Fast pace work.
Parts Pro/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Roanoke, VADecember 30, 2014
Pros: time goes by really fast, and helping people .
Cons: mest up work hours and the pay was to low.
Had to enjoy multitasking .
Had to be patient with customers walking into the store having a bad day. Any time you have to be in an auto part store your probably having a bad day,.an employee has to be sensitive to there needs.
An ok place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 29, 2014
Pros: decent work enviroment
Cons: mangement styles need woked on
It started out as a good work environment but soon started to slip to a hassle to go to work. The manager would fire an employee at a drop of the hat for any indiscretion. They seems more focused on hiring someone off the street, as opposed to keeping talent. I finally had to leave, as I did not agree with the focus the managers had.
Great Experience
General Manager, Retail (Former Employee), Woodstock, GADecember 29, 2014
Pros: job culture, management
Cons: very heavy lifting, 60+ hours weekly
Overall, a great job culture and great company management, but had to work 60+ hours weekly and do a lot of very heavy lifting. Enjoyed the contact with customers, helping them solve their problems, and enjoyed building into the young team of professionals I worked with utilizing my management experiences and job skills.
it was fun in the beginning
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Irvington, NJDecember 28, 2014
Pros: lunch was an hour which was fine
Cons: places for lunch were far and my car is not exactly a gas sipper
Well when I started it was fun but as it went along and I got moved to other stores further from my house and was not as fun then I was told that I was a driver, and I did not apply for that position but finally I relented since I needed the Job, coworkers were ok but just ok
Good People, Terrible Pay
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 27, 2014
The people you work with are great people, the pay is rather disappointing for everything you do, and it isn't based around knowledge or skill.
Helpful and happy environment provided by a good team effort
Mobile Pro (Current Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 23, 2014
Pros: flexibility in schedule, could ask for time off
Cons: not a lot of business on certain days for the commercial side
Typical day would start of with several parts deliveries and in between stocking auto parts in their usual place. We receive the truck twice a week so it would give us plenty to do. Besides that we were helping customers find answers and keeping the store clean. Making new friends and having a good time at work was part of our atmosphere here at Advance Auto Parts (7869). We always looked at each other for help and advice.
Great Part Time Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hopewell, VADecember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working here part time while I was in school, the Management team worked around my school schedule and gave me hours every week. The employees were very friendly and proactive. the managers were proactive as well.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Garner, NCDecember 22, 2014
Learning more every day, expect to have my own store soon. Staff is supportive and we work together as a team.
Toxic Work Culture
Driver/Sales (Current Employee), Liberty, MODecember 21, 2014
Pros: getting to provide good parts and service.
Cons: everything else
The best part of working for this company is helping customers, and that where the good stuff ends.
Everything about this company is horrible. The pay is awful. The hours are all over the place.
The company has put everyone into a high-pressure sales environment by threatening everyone's jobs with sales goals. You literally get high-pressure sales training from management. This is so toxic in every way. It pits employees against each other in everything they do. Everyone is always in a bad mood because of it. There is a constant worry about if you are going to have a job next month, it is a sickening feeling. It has destroyed our customer base, employees will run customers off with sales tactics. The commercial accounts do not trust us to sell them the parts they want because they think we will blindly upsell to them.
Oh and let's not forget about our website which will undercut our in-store pricing by 35% or more on EVERYTHING!
I could go on and on and on about this place. It is so sad to see what was once a great company crumble.

DO NOT APPLY HERE!
Very fun atmospher
General Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 20, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: had alot to fix when i first got there
I enjoyed the experience I was able to bring to Advance Auto.
I was able to make decisions with out leadership
I trained and coached Team Members' daily I enjoyed working with the customers to find solutions to their needs

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (Advance) operates within the United States automotive aftermarket industry, which includes replacement – Read more

Advance Auto Parts Photos