Advance Employment Employee Reviews in United States

Flexible hours
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 11, 2015
The hours were great, the company as a whole was amazing to work for. I liked that I could come in when I wanted and work until I wanted as long as an 8 hour shift was completed and that there was over time offered.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No room for advancement as a contractor
Good Employment Agency
Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 29, 2015
Enjoyable work place with supportive management. Offers good hours with a reasonable amount of overtime, Small amount of red tape due to the number of different supervisors over each position.
call center representative
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 13, 2015
Talked on the phone with customers who are unable to pay their electricity bills and found a payment plan to help them. you worked mostly alone but had team leaders who would help you with problems.
Pros
no weekends or holidays
Cons
dealing with customers who are angry
Professionalism
PHONE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 25, 2015
This was a great job for the most part. It had its good moments and not so good moments. It was great when I could help people but not so good when I couldn't. The supervisors were very nice and that made the not so good moments tolerable. I would recommend this job to someone who is good with people and has a lot of patience.
Pros
GREAT MANAGEMENT
Cons
STRESSFUL WHEN CUSTOMERS ARE CUSSING YOU OUT.
Temporary employment
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 29, 2015
Temporary employment agency had issues with timely pay. Management was unorganized. Employment company had a high turnaround rate and low customer satisfaction.
Pros
Enjoyed the customer service aspect of the postition
Cons
Management was not orginized or professional
A staffing agency that doesn't find the time to meet their employees needs
Production/ QA (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 18, 2015
I only worked for Advanced for 4 months, but in that time I was not shown much kindness, and when it came time for me to go back to college classes they did not really make an effort to find me any kind of job placement to work around my class schedule
fun workplace
Century 21 Plastics Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 22, 2015
Currently working at century 21 plastics.Everybody is really funny they have a good time at work.Hours are great.We make stadium seats pretty cool to see them in the stadiums.
Pros
work hours
Cons
to much overtime
Not employee friendly
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 31, 2014
Not a very nice place to work. Need better management and employee skills.
Pros
na
Mitsuba
general labor (Former Employee) –  mount pleasantOctober 3, 2014
The office staff is not bad. You will have to go through a ton of pre employment paper work. Then you will have to take a unpaid tour of the plant ( 1-2 hrs). You will probably be with about 5 other job seekers as well, ( I wonder why).

You only get 3 -10 minute breaks in a 8 hr shift. When do you eat lunch?

It's not what it's cracked up to be. Some temps have been there for 9 months and still have NOT made it full time. (????)

The temp service has an office right inside the plant, that strange. So who do you think they care and work for? Not you.

Plus its Non Union

Good luck
Pros
clean shop
Cons
short breaks, no union, no respect
Enjoyable part of the job
CSR Rep (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 19, 2014
The most enjoyable thing about working at this call center is the ability to talk to a multitude of people and be able to go through their accounts with them and give pointers on how to save energy in their home. I am able to de-escalate a customer who is on the phone who may be upset at the beginning but very pleased by the time the phone call is over by being able to find ways that will assist them. It is such a nice feeling when, at the end of the day, to know that you may have made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
giving good customer service
Cons
not being able to find a resolution that fits the customer's needs.

Want to know more about Advance Employment?

Ask a question
I enjoyed the different positions I held while employed with this temp agency.
General Laborer/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 11, 2014
I worked at three different businesses while employed at Advance, I was hired in at the last position I held while employed here.
Pros
chance to work at different jobs.
Cons
health care was expensive if you chose to have it.
awesome customer service, always working to make sure their employees are content
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 6, 2014
A typical day of work consists of basic manufacturing/industrial work. I worked eight hour shifts monday - friday with a ten hour shift on saturday. I received a lot of hands on training and got to meet a lot of interesting people. This job helped me socialize and work with others in a team setting. This company also made sure I was completely satisfied before putting me in any position.
Advance Employment
Construction Flagger (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 24, 2014
Upper management is really nice but sometimes does not know exactly what to do or how to handle certain situations. Work fast to solve issues and never show disrespect.
Overall
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 28, 2014
This was a good place to work and have nice people to work with and get along with
Bad place
Automation Technician (Current Employee) –  Cosma Casting, Springfield, MIMay 23, 2014
I am currently working a job through them and was told I was to be a straight 40 hour a week no weekends, holidays etc. I have been there for almost 90 days and had one weekend off, worked both three day holiday weekends that have come, and average 16 plus hours of overtime per pay period!! Do not work for this company they will tell you they will give you the moon and give nothing!!!
Pros
good pay if you don't have a life.
Cons
they do not tell you the truth upon interview
Motavated staff, helping you find a job!
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIMay 22, 2014
The staff here is really motivated to helping you find a job that is suited for you!
Pros
postive staff
Cons
not a lot of jobs to choose from.
Enjoyable work enviornment
Welder/General Labor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 7, 2014
I enjoyed the job, people, management, and most of all, the customers.
A great job to have!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 30, 2014
- Answering phones at high call volumes each day. Setting arrangements and restoration dates for service.

- I learned how to work independently in a team setting.

- There were many different supervisor's and sometimes it was hard to keep track of who was my supervisor.

- My co-workers would encourage me to push myself harder to reach goals.

- The hardest part of the job was meeting call times

- The most enjoyable part of the job was there was always something new to learn.
Pros
full time position
Cons
prolonged sitting
No room for advancement with NCO
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 22, 2014
I was never told that I was eligibility for the few benefits that I could get. There were open enrollment signs but was unaware that being there only a few months I was eligible for these benefits. With NCO, there is no chance for advancement. Would not recommend this posistion to an adult looking for a career.
Cons
very little bathroom break time
Outgoing staff. Felt more like dealing with close friends then associates.
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MiApril 16, 2014
I worked internally and externally for Advance Employment and I have to say it is by far the best staffing firm I have ever worked for. Other staffing firms aren't as polite, thorough, and willing to help an individual with getting started.

2.9