Advance Employment Employee Reviews

outstanding managers
Receptionist/AR-AP/Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Daily communication with Department of Education and New York State offices.
Maintained computer data base weekly report for payroll, updated all clients’ accounts using Microsoft Word, Excel, InfoPath, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Light Access
Cons
lack of hours at one point
Clean, okay environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 17, 2017
Call demand was high, team leaders push to be the best. Allot of competition, allot of sitting. You will be called bad names by the customer, you will get marked down and reviewed. Sometimes one mistake is all it takes to lose this job. To many passwords for 1 job.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
The log in procedure is terrible.
A great temp service
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 9, 2017
A great place to work for the people are friendly and professional great pay and great work experience and I would recommend it to other people a great place.
It's a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 28, 2017
I personally do not like working for call centers...you sit for many hours and gain weight while getting yelled at by people who have no clue that my utility bill was behind and in jeopardy of being disconnected as well.
Hit and Miss
Sales Agent / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 15, 2017
Last employment experience was deceptive and misleading. Wages were withheld / changed without any explanation. Did not want to honor contracted pay rate mid-way after quota was met. Very dishonest and untrustworthy employer.
Pros
Variety of Positions
Cons
Subject to change pay rate after hire
Benefits for insurance
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 25, 2017
Factory job so most of the time was spent behind hot walls on a belt running line. The hardest part of the job was having to keep of with the paste of the belt with incoming parts. It was nice to be an temporary summer job.
Pros
Healthcare, 1st shift
Cons
No lunch break
Ok
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 17, 2017
This place was good if you were not looking for permanent employment. It was a temp agency so it was difficult to continue working through them because I wasn't always guaranteed a position. Had to eventually go elsewhere to find another job that was more secure.
They did good work
Coach/Supervisor, Production Manager backup (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 3, 2016
They were there to offer support when needed. Gave us good training with the knowledge needed to perform our duties at the level required for success.
good company
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 4, 2015
I liked the company a lot. They placed me in couple different positions. The only thing i didnt care for is the call center I worked for because they fire for being slightly over call times even in beginning but its for electric companies so of course there may be a few calls longer than others.
Flexible hours
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 11, 2015
The hours were great, the company as a whole was amazing to work for. I liked that I could come in when I wanted and work until I wanted as long as an 8 hour shift was completed and that there was over time offered.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No room for advancement as a contractor
Good Employment Agency
Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 29, 2015
Enjoyable work place with supportive management. Offers good hours with a reasonable amount of overtime, Small amount of red tape due to the number of different supervisors over each position.
call center representative
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 13, 2015
Talked on the phone with customers who are unable to pay their electricity bills and found a payment plan to help them. you worked mostly alone but had team leaders who would help you with problems.
Pros
no weekends or holidays
Cons
dealing with customers who are angry
Professionalism
PHONE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 25, 2015
This was a great job for the most part. It had its good moments and not so good moments. It was great when I could help people but not so good when I couldn't. The supervisors were very nice and that made the not so good moments tolerable. I would recommend this job to someone who is good with people and has a lot of patience.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Stressful when customers are cussing you out.
Temporary employment
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 29, 2015
Temporary employment agency had issues with timely pay. Management was unorganized. Employment company had a high turnaround rate and low customer satisfaction.
Pros
Enjoyed the customer service aspect of the postition
Cons
Management was not orginized or professional
A staffing agency that doesn't find the time to meet their employees needs
Production/ QA (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 18, 2015
I only worked for Advanced for 4 months, but in that time I was not shown much kindness, and when it came time for me to go back to college classes they did not really make an effort to find me any kind of job placement to work around my class schedule
fun workplace
Century 21 Plastics Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 22, 2015
Currently working at century 21 plastics.Everybody is really funny they have a good time at work.Hours are great.We make stadium seats pretty cool to see them in the stadiums.
Pros
work hours
Cons
to much overtime
Not employee friendly
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 31, 2014
Not a very nice place to work. Need better management and employee skills.
Pros
na
Mitsuba
general labor (Former Employee) –  mount pleasantOctober 3, 2014
The office staff is not bad. You will have to go through a ton of pre employment paper work. Then you will have to take a unpaid tour of the plant ( 1-2 hrs). You will probably be with about 5 other job seekers as well, ( I wonder why).

You only get 3 -10 minute breaks in a 8 hr shift. When do you eat lunch?

It's not what it's cracked up to be. Some temps have been there for 9 months and still have NOT made it full time. (????)

The temp service has an office right inside the plant, that strange. So who do you think they care and work for? Not you.

Plus its Non Union

Good luck
Pros
clean shop
Cons
short breaks, no union, no respect
Enjoyable part of the job
CSR Rep (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 19, 2014
The most enjoyable thing about working at this call center is the ability to talk to a multitude of people and be able to go through their accounts with them and give pointers on how to save energy in their home. I am able to de-escalate a customer who is on the phone who may be upset at the beginning but very pleased by the time the phone call is over by being able to find ways that will assist them. It is such a nice feeling when, at the end of the day, to know that you may have made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Giving good customer service
Cons
Not being able to find a resolution that fits the customer's needs.
I enjoyed the different positions I held while employed with this temp agency.
General Laborer/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 11, 2014
I worked at three different businesses while employed at Advance, I was hired in at the last position I held while employed here.
Pros
Chance to work at different jobs.
Cons
Health care was expensive if you chose to have it.