Advance Financial Employee Reviews

Greay paying job.
Branch Manager, Teller (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 19, 2017
The best part about Advance Financial is, it is a great paying job and generally offers 40 hours with the potential for overtime. AF also pays for basic health care. However, majority of the staff us unhappy working there due to upper management, daily job responsibilities, or poor treatment from customers. This is proven with the 100% turnover rate. The hardest part of the job is selling a loan with an extremely high interest rate. We are taught to listen, understand, and connect. However, the only loan product we offer puts most people in an even worse situation. Its contradicting. The scheduling is also a never-ending challenge. Some tellers demand the opening shifts leaving others stuck with the mid or closing shifts. The management tends to favor one person over the other when deciding who gets their preferred schedule, but there is no way to please everyone.
Pros
Great Pay, Health care paid for.
Cons
High turnover rate, low moral, bad loan product.
Highly recommend most people with financial employment background to give this a shot.
Overnight CSR (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 14, 2017
I work here and love it but i was the kind of guy that would go out and have fun with friends on weekends and such. wouldn't recommend to people who are trying to still be young and have fun, the overall outlook tho is that this is an amazing adult environment with good leadership and good peer pressure.
Pros
Plenty of benefits, good management, great coworkers, fun environment.
Cons
Boring< no excitement, lonely.
I miss my family
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 8, 2017
First of all I was told that I would be closer to my home than I am now. So I settled for 12 an hour. I am now working almost an hour away from home, and have found out that almost everyone else in my hire class was at least making 13. My training was terrible, I barely knew how to do anything before I was thrown into a new store ALL BY MYSELF. Never get to see my family anymore, work every weekend. Cant leave the building for a break when no one else is here. In my orientation they went on and on about how much they care for their employees, But I havent seen it yet. Being open 24/7 is ridiculous. Expecting everyone to work on EVERY HOLIDAY. You never get the shifts that you ask for and no one is willing to work with you on anything so you can have life outside of work. You either choose work or having a life. I just think that the company should look at it from the employees view a little more often. We spend so much time away from our families while working here and they should really consider closing for at least the big holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Every employee Ive spoken to so far literally says the same thing about not being able to have a life while working here.
Pros
Maybe the pay if it was worth driving this far
Cons
no breaks, no life, no training
Overall as a company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 7, 2017
From the moment I recieved a phone call about an interview with AF it has been very pleasent. Everybody was so warm welcoming to the company as if we have be coworkers for years. Once I started at the store I loved how everybody was willing to help and make sure you very knowledgable about your job. I felt like a part of the team since day 1.
Pros
free lunches, scheduling, pay, atmosphere, benefits
good pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 6, 2017
Hourly pay is great, but you are unable to balance personal life with work life. are required to work hours that are scheduled and rarely have any weekends off.
Pros
free medical care
Cons
shifts
Advance Financial
My hiring process was very long. I got the run around for about two months before I was given a start date. I will say that I am glad that I was persistent because the pay is great and the company has many benefits. I have started my 401k, had the opportunity to get road side assistance at a great rate and health care with no cost to me. I will also say that with this job comes great responsibility. There is ALOT to learn and things are always changing. I work overnights and I like it because I am a graduate student and it helps me with my school schedule. Being an over nighter I have to learn even more than the average employee because we do alot of paperwork every night. Overall the company is a good company to work for and if you are a fast learner then you will be successful here.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
long shifts
Af247
Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2017
Training is too short and was very unnerving being thrown into the ring with not a lot of knowledge. Now that I have been doing it for awhile, I am finding it a very easy job and it is enjoyable to work with a lot of the people. Wish that we had our own place to sit every day, not crazy about getting up to go to lunch and the computer that we were working on is being used by another online agent.
Pros
Great Benifits, Good hours, nice people
Cons
training is too short, seating in online too little
Everybody loves their job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TN store11July 6, 2017
The first thing I noticed is that everyone genuinely love their job. It is nice walking into work knowing that everyone has a smiling face and good vibes. I've only been working here for 30 days and I'm already picking up multiple available shifts, averaging 50+ hours a week. Management and staff are extremely long hours. Great job if you love to work, not so much if you have kids and family life.
Pros
Great work culture, friendly people, great wages.
Cons
long shifts 30 min lunch break, no 15 minute breaks
Good pay and benefits
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 6, 2017
I believe the corporate culture is above standard in the job market but at my store level as being a seasoned manager for 7 years, It is a very unprofessional environment with employees that absolutely do not want to be be bothered with questions from a newby and a stand in manager that tries harder to put you down, thrown you under a bus you don't even know yet, and talks openly including profanity about everything in her private life. That is such an insult to professionalism and what the corporate culture is all about at AF.
Review
CSR/Teller (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJuly 6, 2017
I really enjoy being a employee at Advance Financial. My co workers are very friendly and dont mind lending a helping hand. We all feel like family. The benefits of working for AF are very well received as well. The only con is I think our lunch breaks should be longer. The hardest part is nothing it is a really easy job
Pros
Working with people I enjoy and the pay
Cons
I think breaks should be longer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNJuly 6, 2017
It's a great place to work with employees who all get along and make the customer come first. We all have with a true friends helping friends attitude.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sometimes working overnight
great pay , management needs work and standing should be minimized
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 6, 2017
Ive been working with the company for a month now & i really like it. my co workers are great, however it seems like my manager is not knowledgeable when it comes to certain things, it seems as if shes unsure when it comes to somethings and she's constantly calling the higher ups with questions . also it seems like there's a lot of room for advancement with the company and the system is very user friendly.
Pros
great pay, great coworkers
Cons
30 minute lunch, constatnly standing .
Decent place to work
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2017
Advance Financial is a decent place to work . The pay is decent for a customer service retention agent it's stressful though dealing with the type of customers we deal with but could be more for what we are doing. The schedule is not set and don't know what you are working until late in the week for the next week . The overtime is good. You have to wear a uniform in the call center and when you ask why they give you are silly answer. I have never know a call center to wear a uniform , a dress code is more acceptable they make you wear a uniform as if you are working in the public. A typical day is dealing with customers on the phone explaining the product and getting payments. The culture is ok could be better. The pay is the best thing about it.
Pros
pay
Cons
short lunches
Amazing Environment, Phenominal Incentives, Flexibility
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2017
I believe Advance has the work environment and customer needs down to a science. The rules are fair, equal and create a harmonious place for employees to complete tasks daily.

Performance is acknowledged and rewarded. Co-workers are friendly, welcoming and inviting. The positivity is everywhere, no matter the level or department.

If you are looking for a positive, friends helping friends environment, Advance Financial is the place for you.

Keep in mind 24/7 means 24/7 - you will work holidays and weekends. The work is fairly easy and may be a good opportunity cost to offset the holidays and weekends, if you enjoy laid back tasks.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, substantial incentives
Cons
Advancement may be difficult, work weekends and holidays
Good company to work for overall!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJuly 6, 2017
Overall I think this is good company to work for. Of course I have my pros and cons but not every job and perfect and for the short time I worked here this is seems to be a place I can be comfortable staying at for a while.
Pros
Very Friendly, Easy job to do
productive place to work
online agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2017
I started working here about a month ago and the job is less stressful as compared to what i use to do before. It is easy to understand and corperate, company has good management even though currently they having some changes going on which is resulting in seating problems in the call center. this is mainly because the company is growing and hiring more people. my only concern is if something can be done about the seating problems in the call center to ensure productivity on the side of all agents to increase job efficiency. but overall i love the company and think i can grow very quickly here. I will recommend AF for all people ready top grow and learn
Pros
ready to help attitude and a good environment to grow
Cons
seating problems which is yet to be resolved
True Work/life Balance-You will find it here!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2017
Very structured, high expectations however the role and benefits provided make it extremely rewarding. No drama, straight-forward and honest feedback given to all employees.
Pros
Work/life balance, compensation, benefits
Cons
Very structured, which is not a fit for all (but is actually a great thing)
Great Benefits Challenging Position
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2017
Great benefits. Retail environment ranges from opening and welcoming to not. Challenging environment. Upper management is very supportive. Individual stores vary.
Lots of overtime!
CSR (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 6, 2017
If you like working overtime, the sky is the limit.

There is a lack of communication between stores/call center.

Everyone is new and learning. So you are being trained by someone who isn't even adequately trained.

Small company that is growing too fast.
Pros
lots of overtime available. great benefits, great pay.
Cons
being open 24 hours seems to be unnecessary at most locations.
Well-round work place to start a career
Verification Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2017
The culture in the company is one of the best I've ever seen. walking through the doors was very welcoming, felt more like home. Employees at Advance Financial all are very nice and open about any questions that is needed to be asked. The work place is a very clean and organized. Working at Advance has changed the meaning of life for me. The number one product for the company is money. Lending money to people that really need it for utilities, starting businesses, hard times, or even just to party with, at the time of being down. Although it has to be giving back that's the point of being a good person and a good company doing a deed for "YOU" as our customers.

WELCOME TO ADVANCE FINANCIAL WHERE FRIENDS HELPING FRIENDS.
Pros
Great benefits, pay, and hours
Cons
No vending machines..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3