Advance Financial Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 14, 2016
Advance financial claim they care about their employees, but they don't. There was $1500 missing from my register one day, systems were crashing and all. I even asked if they could pull the cameras for proof, but they didn't care to. They fired me because they thought I gave out extra money and stole. Turns out there was never 1500 missing to begin with, I just happened to have the raggedy computer that they knew was crashing as well as their systems. Don't work for them, especially if you have a life, and children. This place is for ppl who has nothing better to do with themselves.
Pros
Make good friends, Events
Cons
standing for long periods, they watch only you on the cameras
decent for a loan company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 16, 2016
a typical day consisted of dealing with a lot of money and helping customers financially

I leaned about loans and how they work

management was decent

I got along with my coworkers

the hardest part was being able to hear people due to the glass that was between us.

most enjoyable part was meeting and talking with new people.
Pros
the pay
Cons
open 24/7
High Stress with No Compassion
Branch manager (Former Employee) –  TNDecember 9, 2015
The company's board of directors passes most of its power to money hungry regional director. The regional director then uses all of her business tactics to cut costs all any expense including employee satisfaction. The turn over rate for the company is astonishing! The company will treat you like a mushroom, by feeding you dung and keeping you in the dark. Not a company I would recommend for anyone with a conscience. Retail positions are not family friendly. As a manager you are on call for twenty four hours, unless on paid time off. You are not guaranteed your quarterly bonus. You will be micro managed and scrutinized to prevent advancement or pay increase.
Excellent experience!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Nashville tnJanuary 27, 2016
Right from day one you will feel part of the team. They use the best practices methods out there for training and development in the industry and follow up. Be prepared even if you are assigned to the corporate office, you will work as a CSR in a store for a week. This is done so everyone can have respect for what a csr does and their focus on customer service is top concern. Great pay especially if you are in school or haven't quite gotten that degree yet. Team atmosphere is superb. Also very flexible with scheduling. Big plus because they don't just make flexible scheduling convenient for them, they make it work for you too.
I wish that more employees with positive experience would leave feedback.
Everyone wants to take the time to complain but no one wants to take the time praise and give kudos where it is due.
Pros
nice break area. work out room on campus. support from your superiors.
Cons
none right now.
these people are thieves
verification agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 17, 2016
they steal money from people who dont know how short term loans work. alot. all the time. bad bad bad bad bad bad people. night shift was great although. 2.50 shift diff helps
Pros
great health care
Cons
you feel dirty just being there
Professional and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TnSeptember 18, 2015
Advance Financial has been an amazing learning experience. I wanted to challenge myself by working a more professional job and finally getting out of the food business. Being bilingual has helped me out a lot because we do get a lot of Hispanic customers and sometimes it can be hard explaining things to them if you do not know the language. Through this job I have learned how to handle money, and learned more about finances and how the system works. My duties there were to assist customers with loans, money orders, western unions, and bill pay, also as an overnighter I learned to file paperwork, look over daily paperwork and clean.
fast paced work place
Auditor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 20, 2015
Advance financial was by far one of the best jobs I have had and also was the first job for me out of college. The company showed community involvement and positive work place.
Pros
people and atomosphere
Cons
very little room to grow inside the company
Not a good place for MGMT
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 23, 2015
MGMT has no authority. Work/Life balance is awful. They take money out of your check for anything you mess up. This place there is really no future.
Pros
Free Healthcare
Cons
Everything else.
Needs improvements
CSR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2015
As far as co workers its a good environment, but management doesn't care about the welfare of it's employees. It's all about advance and they don't put there employee's first.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours and Schdule
24 hour financial institution
Vault Supervisor/Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNJune 30, 2015
Great company with great pay and health benefits but no consistency in the schedule. I learned how to muti task in a high pace work environment, be an exceptional customer service rep, and had the experience to work in management. No spokesperson for the employees concerns themselves or new solutions to fix the issues within the company for growth
Pros
Pay, Health Benefits, mind work not physical
Cons
Inconsisteny in Scheduling, Little to No Quality of Life, high turn over rate

Want to know more about Advance Financial?

Ask a question
Typical Day
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TnAugust 28, 2015
The money is great hours are great. Management and overall structure no formal of communication. Unorganized chaos! It's a fun place I met a lot of talented individuals. Do not have not of bad stuff to say. The company should really take a look at there late policy.
Ehh
CSR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 19, 2015
The job was a lot easier than everyone makes it out to be but its only hard because of the consistent stress not to mess up from the management
Horrible Place to Work
MULTIPLE BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNAugust 19, 2015
AS a manger you have no time for a life outside of this company and they don't care. We never allowed lunch breaks, horrible people own this company
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else is horrible
Great starting pay even with little experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 9, 2015
It is a short term loan and cash advance business and is good for people who are trying to get out of typical minimum wage jobs and into a more professional career. Definitely opportunities for advancement. Hardest part of the job is that it really questions your ethics, but I guess that goes along with a lot of sales jobs. If you're a sales person than this could be the job for you. You are promised at least 30-35 hrs a week but that really depends on your location and your manager. Even if you are hired as a part-time position, it is a full time job. It is hard for people that are trying to go to school at the same time. They say you can get overtime but that depends on your manager as well. Overall it is a good company to transition out of minimum wage jobs but there are things that could be deal breakers for some people.
Pros
great starting pay
Cons
short breaks, not allowed to sit even during down time, management unprofessional at times, unpredictable
decent work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 10, 2015
Teamwork. Communication skills. Meeting new people and taking care of customer needs. This was the worst company to work. Inconsiderate of employees. Took advantage of customers. Managers are young and very unprofessional. Corporate only cared about them and the managers. When managers made mistakes employees got blamed. worked 10-16 hr shifts daily. Always called in on off days Very high turnover rate because of the inconsideration.
Pros
12.oo hr
Cons
no breaks and too many hours never time for my children worked overtime everyday
Customer is the only customer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2015
The customer is a great area to focus on, but when you forget that your biggest customer is your employees, you start to lose them in the end. Sure you can throw excellent pay and excellent benefits their way to help them out, but the problem will lie in the fact that they can be written up for just about anything. A minute late to work more than once a month? Write up. Forget to get a signature on a document? Write up. Don't do the required training material on time? Write up. Everything that you do as an employee has terrible consequences.

There's just such a detachment from the corporate office to the store front that they don't understand they have multiple employees writing their resumes while using the work computers!
Pros
Free lunch when you're busy and understaffed
Cons
You'll never get out on time, you'll constantly be wondering if you did something wrong, and you will start to hate your life while you work here.
Everyone has a unique experience.
CSR/Teller (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 27, 2015
You get what you put in. This job has a high turn over rate but its worth it if you can make it the first 90 days. I love my job and what I do. My customers are a great part of my day. Advance financial is a great resume builder for someone looking for a more serious career but not much experience.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Technology and hours
productive, but horrible place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville,TNMay 13, 2015
This was the worst job at giving you work/life balance. It's a 24hr business and they could care less how many hours they work you in a 24 hr period as long as you are there for their customers they dont care.
A very deceitful company
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  columbia,Tn.January 12, 2015
You are required to deceive customers. Not at all a good place to work. You are over worked and under paid. You are promised benefits and bonuses that never come. Also, you are always required to clock out for lunch even if you're working alone. This gives the company free labor.
Pay isn't bad, but say goodbye to your family.
Overnight Auditor (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNDecember 3, 2014
A typical night at work means auditing every transaction, verifying past-due accounts, filing, cleaning and organizing, and handling customers if needed.
I've seen many new managers come and go and I've observed their different styles of leadership. Upper management frequently visits to check in. There is a huge lack of communication between upper management and the retail employees.
When I do see my co-workers it's only for an hour or two.
The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the demands of upper management. The lack of communication makes having a voice very difficult and often leads to misunderstandings.
The shifts are at very inconvenient times for those who have families and the scheduling is very inconsistent.
Pros
pay, safe environment, benefits
Cons
scheduling, constant changes, lack of communication, long hours

2.9