Advance Food Company Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun , challenging, but mostly good place and good environments to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKOctober 19, 2017
I really love working at advanced because , first of all the head coach really know how to work with there anyone not just on papers but they actually work on the floor too . Sec, co-workers know how to work as a team , communicate with each one another, help each other. And the benefits are really good, they pay for over times ,holidays, and insurance. Which is really good. I would really recommend Advance food company to all my friends.
Easy Going
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 3, 2017
It was a good environment. Everyone worked great with each other, the management wasn't crazy strict and was very reasonable with requested time off. Enjoyed my crew and would have stayed longer if wasn't relocating to Texas.
Fun and Educatonal
Purchasing Coordinator/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJanuary 1, 2017
This was my first job in purchasing, inventory control and management. Management gave me the education and training I needed to succeed at my job. A typical day was designing labels, working with vender and customers, USDA, supervisors and plant manager. The enjoyable part was traveling to different plants around the country setting up and designing labels. Hardest part of the job was trying to get labels approved, with in 24 hours.
Pros
Management, customers, designing labels, travel and cost analysis
Cons
N/a
Good place
Line Lead, Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 8, 2016
I worked with multiple facilities across the country and personnel were great to work with. The downfall is you can only go so far in the company without being willing to transfer to Cincinnati, Ohio
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Could only advance so far without moving up to Cincinnati
great benefits and good pay
Quality Assurance Tech (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 23, 2015
This is a very good company to work for. They have good pay with great medical and dental benefits as well as 401K. The supervisors are respectful and the co-workers are team players. The work is very fast paced but rewarding and gives one a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. I learned a great deal about quality assurance with product and steps to take to assure that continued level of excellence and to provide an excellent product for the client.
Pros
matching 401K and medical and dental benefits
Cons
very hard work but this is also a pro as I enjoy hard work
Discriminatory administration
Human Resour (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 18, 2015
During my time with the company I was witness to several unethical actions. My job was "terminated" because I could not speak fluent spanish and I was unable to in thirty-days.
Company has gone WAY down hill since it merged with Pierre Foods.
Quality Tech (Current Employee) –  54thDecember 20, 2012
Advance is only good to work for if you have no home or social life and just need to scrape by paycheck to paycheck. They have no consideration or respect for any of the employees no matter how long they have been with the company and believe everyone is replaceable. They work long hours (10 or more) six to seven days a week. They provide only the minimum break time required by law, however employees are often forced to cut breaks short and return to work or else face a write-up and even termination. Production coaches frequently yell at and belittle employees, especially those who are from other countries, simply because they can. The pay isn't bad compared to fast food, but it is only slightly above minimum wage and many employees work second jobs just to get by. Management, including HR make it clear that they are only looking out for their own jobs and do very little to solve issues. Advancement in the company seems to be more about who you know or how you look rather then qualification, experience and work ethic. Over all, it's just not worth it.
Pros
benefits are pretty good.
Cons
everything mentioned in the review and much, much more.
good leadership and room for advancement
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 1, 2012
interacting with my maintenance crew. getting their tools and repair parts in a timely manner to ensure less down time.
steady growth for the company
Transportation Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKAugust 28, 2012
great benefits, job security, great co workers, spent 8 years with company.
I would not consider employment with this company.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKAugust 18, 2012
This is a company that believes everyone is expendable. One day my manager and I were talking about a different better position for me and that I do such a wonderful job and the next day I did not have a job. I was informed that I had 30 days to find new employment within or outside of the company due to them terminating my position and naming it something else and one of the requirements was that I speak spanish. Since they could not fire me for not knowing how and it was not in the current job description that you know how they had to terminate the entire position. They offered me a new position in the plant doing packing when I was a Human Resources Administrative Assistant before termination. What a slap in the face!