Advance Food Company

Advance Food Company United States Employee Reviews

Discriminatory administration
Human Resour (Former Employee), Enid, OKFebruary 18, 2015
During my time with the company I was witness to several unethical actions. My job was "terminated" because I could not speak fluent spanish and I was unable to in thirty-days.
Company has gone WAY down hill since it merged with Pierre Foods.
Quality Tech (Current Employee), 54thDecember 20, 2012
Pros: benefits are pretty good.
Cons: everything mentioned in the review and much, much more.
Advance is only good to work for if you have no home or social life and just need to scrape by paycheck to paycheck. They have no consideration or respect for any of the employees no matter how long they have been with the company and believe everyone is replaceable. They work long hours (10 or more) six to seven days a week. They provide only the minimum break time required by law, however employees are often forced to cut breaks short and return to work or else face a write-up and even termination. Production coaches frequently yell at and belittle employees, especially those who are from other countries, simply because they can. The pay isn't bad compared to fast food, but it is only slightly above minimum wage and many employees work second jobs just to get by. Management, including HR make it clear that they are only looking out for their own jobs and do very little to solve issues. Advancement in the company seems to be more about who you know or how you look rather then qualification, experience and work ethic. Over all, it's just not worth it.
good leadership and room for advancement
Clerk (Former Employee), Garland, TXOctober 1, 2012
interacting with my maintenance crew. getting their tools and repair parts in a timely manner to ensure less down time.
steady growth for the company
Transportation Service Rep (Former Employee), Enid, OKAugust 28, 2012
great benefits, job security, great co workers, spent 8 years with company.
I would not consider employment with this company.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Enid, OKAugust 18, 2012
This is a company that believes everyone is expendable. One day my manager and I were talking about a different better position for me and that I do such a wonderful job and the next day I did not have a job. I was informed that I had 30 days to find new employment within or outside of the company due to them terminating my position and naming it something else and one of the requirements was that I speak spanish. Since they could not fire me for not knowing how and it was not in the current job description that you know how they had to terminate the entire position. They offered me a new position in the plant doing packing when I was a Human Resources Administrative Assistant before termination. What a slap in the face!