Advance Health Employee Reviews in United States

Advance Health
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tarrant and Parker CountyAugust 7, 2016
My day working at Advance Health begins with reviewing my schedule and organizing my day. I visit 4-7 patients in their homes and provide an encounter visit covered by their insurance. I have learned to structure my visits to best obtain the information I need for the assessment I am producing. My management is available by phone, email and text. We communicate updates to our EMR and my schedule requests. I visit with my co-workers once a year at an annual dinner held at a local restaurant. The hardest part of my job is finding some of the patients homes, as they may have construction blocking their road or their home is not in the range of the GPS or cell phone coverage. I enjoy most helping people and seeing any changes they have made since I saw them last.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Sometimes difficult to find homes.
Great paying job with unrealistic goals
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 27, 2016
Working at this company can be a great opportunity for local area residents. This jobs stress level is not worth the long drive,
Repetitive Pays the Bills
Member Services Rep II (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 14, 2016
Repetitive and A Lot and office gossip and Favorites. Pays the Bills. A good company to get some experience at but long term is not likely turn over rate for employees is extremely high.
Pros
Pays the Bills
Cons
Repetitve and A Lot and office gossip and Favorites.
Just keep away
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 24, 2016
This company can best be described as a grinder. Work is a constant fire drill, with long term planning nonexistent. The employees are treated as disposable, and there is no effort for employee retention.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
No work, life balance, constant emergencies, management by decree.
Horrible
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City SDApril 19, 2016
repeatedly annoy customers from frequent calling, wrote up for everything, didn't say this, didn't do that didn't meet unrealistic quota, never have I ever been is a job like this, pay was $18 hour and that was not enough for the harassment we endured and the harassment we gave to older people. I knew I wouldn't want this done to my mother. Management was stuck up, nice at interview, and never acknowledged once hired, big wigs came to town and never even stopped in to introduce themselves. Shortest job I have ever held!
Pros
free coffee and good benefits
Cons
everything
exhausted
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 14, 2016
horrible management, called members back to back annoying the members and always changing desk could never get comfortable
Pros
hard working coworker
Cons
no structure
My Life at Advance Health Company
Former member of Advance Health (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 14, 2016
Advance Health Company has a very high "turn over" by every 4 months. If you are employed by this company most likely I would say by 99.5% you will be let go in your 4 months.
Oh! by the way, if you're not one of the management's favorite you will be out sooner than you expected -- their famous reason is "Lack of Communication" with manager. This is all true to my heart, because I am one of their victim(s) who's "been-there-done- that". I believe you are a hard working person, you want a steady job, you want to work to pay off your bills, but do find another good company to work with, NOT with Advance Health where they just can dismiss you from your job right in the middle of conversation with your clients or friends at any time without any RESPECT. Sad to say, managers had very poor taste in management skills, and frankly, they do need further management training.

In general, Advance Health is not a secured place to work with.
Pros
Free Tea, Coffee & Drinking water
Cons
You will be watched like a watch dog even when go to the bathroom.
Great Company, Flexible, good support from management team.
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 9, 2016
Very Good company to work for. Flexible, good support from management team. Great pay and opportunity for growth available.
Great benefits
Scheduler Tier (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 6, 2016
Outbound call center to older members, had to schedule appointments and meet a quota every month. It's very hard to call people who don't want to be called then on top of that talk them into scheduling something they don't want to schedule. Learned a lot about preventative care but the call center job just isn't for me.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, good hours
Cons
calling people who don't want to be called
boring and stagnant
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth AFB, SDDecember 9, 2015
This job is boring and stagnant for anyone. Its constantly the same and even if you do well they find a way to criticize tou.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
rude management
Great Team Environment
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 7, 2015
I've been with Advance Health since October, and it has been a great experience so far. I have years of experience in call centers, both on the phones and in management, and this is easily the most positive environment that I've been a part of.

The transition from my old workplace to Advance Health was an easy one, as management and other support staff helped guide me through the ins and outs of the company, and what we need to do to be successful. The reps on my team have proven themselves to be very knowledgeable and the company gives them the tools to be successful every day. The supervisors and team leads that I work with are not only very knowledgeable and helpful to their staff and other management, but also put in the hours and work diligently to help the company and its employees find ways to improve.

Advance Health provides tons of opportunities for incentives, helping to reward the employees that are helping the company grow. Upper-level management are very approachable and down to earth, and are very in touch with the day-to-day operations of the company. The schedulers are the backbone of the company, but everyone that supports them works really hard to make sure they have everything they need to achieve their individual goals, as well as the goals of the organization.

In short, Advance Health is a big enough company to have the resources to make it successful and keep the business growing, but small enough that any employee can make a difference. For people with call center experience that enjoy working in a fast-paced, goal-driven, team environment, then
  more... Advance Health is good place to work.  less
Pros
Positive team environment, incentives, transparency, rewards hard work
Scheduling Specialist Tier I
Scheduling Specialist Tier I (Former Employee) –  Rapid City SDNovember 8, 2015
This was probably one of the worse jobs I have ever had. The management was terrible and the training was just as bad. They had IMPOSSIBLE expectations. We were all told that we would get a raise up to $15 an hour after the 4 month probationary time. When that 4 months came they stated that they were not giving out the raise if you QA scores were below 85%... that's fine and well HOWEVER that was not told to ANY of the employees on time of hire. They are NOT family orientated AT ALL. I was one of 2 nursing mothers and we were not given the time needed to pump while at work. It was just a terrible job. Never EVER again will I work for this company and I'm honestly surprised that the company has been running for as long as it has been.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, impossible expectations
great culture, solid pay
leadership (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 5, 2015
The company has a small family owned business feel. The leadership is focused on results and culture. They work with people as much as possible with attendance and appointment. The benefits package is good and they truly try to have fun at work.
Pros
good pay, great culture, new company, focused on really helping customers
Cons
growing quickly
NPs beware - they are on a major hiring cycle and will tell you anything to get you in the door
nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 28, 2015
Salary is comparable and fair for the work you do. For the most part, management does not micromanage your work - there's not a lot of emails bogging you down daily or required phone conferences, etc. You're pretty much on your own - see the members, complete the required documentation. Computer equipment is top quality and generally works well. The organization works to continually improve the computerized documentation system.

When I interviewed with Advance they were in the midst of a major hiring cycle - and still are - and I was employed at the time at a company doing the same type of work (Medicare Advantage Home Wellness visits). When I interviewed I told the recruiter I had been driving about 175-200 miles daily and was considering a change in employment due to the high mileage - and I was told that wouldn't be the case with Advance - that they had enough work in my area "to keep me busy for a year". Four months into employment, and guess what - drove 173 miles today. And will be 2 counties outside of my designated "territory" next week (48 miles one way just to get to the city). Additionally, the first 30 miles from home to your 1st visit and the last 30 miles from your last appointment to home is on you - they do not reimburse that mileage. So, almost 1/3 of my mileage - not covered :( I was also told that for a 10 hour day I would not see more than 6 members, unless "several" of the visits were combo visits (visits where you see a wife/husband/partner/other family member at the same location). Again, NOT TRUE. Frequently seeing 7 members. My manager's
  more... response in essence to my request for clarification of my schedule was "well I did it and it usually works out okay". Very, very little support - especially for a company who claims to be NP owned and supportive of its NPs. No time is allotted for restroom or lunch breaks. So be prepared to locate every Dollar-type store in the area for bathroom breaks and pack your lunch - you'll be eating while you get to maneuver through traffic. Paid time off is very stingy - no designated CME days off or sick days, all rolled into one. No paid training if you're full time. Required quarterly phone conferences are on your time (if you're full time, not paid; for whatever reason if you're part time they pay you). You "get" to use your own vehicle and phone. The phone can be an issue - if I call a member and they get my number from caller ID they're calling me back and I don't necessarily want these members having my phone number. The company claims to be NP friendly - I have not seen any evidence of this at all. The business model is completely driven by the scheduling system. Quite frankly, I feel like the attitude is "we pay you - if you don't like it, leave." No recognition of NP efforts at all. Have frequently seen employee of the month type postings on the company website - NONE have been for NPs, only management and schedulers.

My advice...There's other companies out there doing this type of work - Keep looking!!
Pros
See below
Cons
See below
very productive company
Scheduling Specialist Tier (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 14, 2015
i liked my job and what i did as an employee but the company had no understanding when it came to family. other than that it was an okay company
Cons
short breaks
Advance Health
Scheduling Specialist Tier (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 18, 2015
Managment is unprofessional, turn over rate is high, the rules set you up to fail at your job, Upper management is sneaky and they choose favorites to be promoted. Great pay. Co Workers are great to work with
Pros
Great pay. Co Workers are great to work with
Do Not Waste your time - Very Unprofessional Mgt and Lack of Communication
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Brockton MAAugust 30, 2015
I worked for this company for six months and I should have noticed the red flags right away. I was lied to from the beginning being told that I would have the support and direction of my regional manager. I didnt hear from her till I called in sick one day due to my daughter being admitted to Childrens Hospital. This company lacks compassion big time. If you dont agree with all of the cases presented to they will terminate you. They will send you to drive over 50 miles to get to a members home and when you get there it is a no show. The worst part is you cant even tell if you are compensated for these no shows because the paystub is difficult to read,
Pros
flexibile; can set your own hours
Cons
communication, unprofessional, distance in travel
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristow, vaAugust 17, 2015
Workplace was kind of slow paced but still fun. It was difficult at times to deal with irate customers. Management was great
SCHEDULING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VirginiaJuly 23, 2015
While working at Advance health I learned how to do data entry, faxing information to PCP's. The management is good communication here at Advance Health is wonderful. A typical day at work for me at Advance Health is speaking to members from different health plans, so that taught me more about communication. My co-workers are great we all try and hit our goal for the day we help each other out as much as possible. The hardest part of the job is speaking to some of the members because most do not want to listen. Most enjoyable part of the job is when I hit my goal i feel good about myself and knowing that now i can just exceed my goal.
Pros
Free lunces, gift card
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced, dynamic and caring environment
Production Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 1, 2015
Advance Health is a great place to start for those in customer service that need to get their foot in the door. They are expanding rapidly and have created a strong culture.
Pros
Upper Management is really supportive
Cons
The drive to Chantilly is grueling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9