ADVANCE Employee Reviews in United States

Sometimes very productive
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJune 25, 2016
while working there everyone usually worked efficently and completed cars on time. When temp worker were on board, regular workers went to hide in up stairs office. It was unfair although we never complained. Other wise it was a good and pleasant place to work. This was an outside job.
Pros
we were served water and juices everyday
Cons
cars were sometimes not completed for delivery/ On call for Temp Workers
Not the ideal place to work
Printer repairmen (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 24, 2016
From 8 AM - 4:30 PM you clean and repair printers.

First week you are doing on the job training. When they feel you know what you are doing you get to work by yourself
everyone does everything unless your a driver.
driver (Former Employee) –  Cutlerville, MIJune 18, 2016
You can't work more than 32hrs a week for 3 weeks. otherwise you have to become full time so, they put you on a list and, your hours get lowered to almost nothing.
Pros
discount on car parts
Cons
no shorts no hours, on your feet all day.
Very Friendly place to work
Strategic Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 16, 2016
I typically answer phone calls and help customers with their accounts. When not on calls I work on my Strategic accounts, calling/ emailing customers/ our stores getting the needed information over to them that's needed to get the past due paid.
Pros
Great insurance, benefits, overall excellent company
Cons
There's no room to advance to better yourself
Advance Services is a great company to work for. It is fun, quick learning company.
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 6, 2016
I have learned how to use a lot of equipment while working with ASI. The hardest part of the job is fast pace and not messing up. Which I got down after getting the hand of which makes the day go by faster because you are constantly busy. I enjoy learning new things and meeting new people to work with.
Pros
get a pay check every week after first two weeks
Cons
work every day even weekends
Love the people i work with
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Phillips, NEMarch 30, 2016
I enter data on an SAP program. Ship samples. The hardest part of my job now is that there is no full-time permanent positions. I have no room for advancement and would like something that I can have benefits as well as good pay.
Fast paced work environment
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IL / Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2016
Great, family owned business. Helped out in so many ways. Enjoyed helping people back in the workforce. Able to advance in the company.
Very demanding job without advancement
Key holder manager. as a manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 17, 2016
a typical day would be to unload truck of all the new products, inspecting work vehicles, and checking if any orders needed to be delivered. The schedule always changed as it normally does in retail, i would work a 32 hour week and then a 46 hour week with no overtime. I finally had advancement after working nonstop 50-60 hour weeks picking up any shift no one else wanted.
Good company to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sutton, MAMarch 8, 2016
Good relaxed working atmosphere. Management was very helpful. Hardest part of the job was the chronic lifting of weight.
ais just ok to work for
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 29, 2016
ais just like ever one in the oil field life it will get better. when the price oil go's back up and the diver get back 10% the lost it will be a good company to work for agin
Pros
ok
Cons
N/a
Intern Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  39 Broadway,NYC,NYFebruary 11, 2016
The Advance Group, or affectionately referred to as TAG for short, was a small but well known political consulting firm in New York City's financial district. I gained significant insight there into how a high speed professional environment works, while maintaining friendly and personal relationships with co-workers and the management staff there. What was both unique and made me grow while there was the fact that as an intern i handled important cases and information, and was successful in my work on the projects which had professional and political impact of great significance.
Pros
Great location, great co-workers, ability to live in and explore NYC
Cons
Non-paid internship
Good place to get by
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2016
It was pretty dry and straight to the point. You have to keep up on the reps as there's no random conversations for updates. I did enjoy it, but it wasn't too close to my career goals
Pros
Easy processing
Cons
not much communication
The Employment Specialists are diligent in finding me work.
Agricultural Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  206 E. 29th St, Loveland, CO 80538December 30, 2015
I appreciate the Employment Specialists, as they try to keep me employed, and are, "Good People."
They work hard to offer me technical jobs, as well as Banquet Serving positions...Basically, I am working in technical and people-intense situations. They try hard to offer me those opportunities.
Pros
Free Tee Shirts
Cons
productive and fun easy work place
sheller (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WADecember 17, 2015
a typical day at work was a group meeting everyday before work for stretching then we got to work turning on the corn seed loaders
Pros
easy work
Cons
seasonal
Could have been more understanding
Lead Direct support Provider (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDOctober 29, 2015
Typical day would be paying bills and writing out checks, my co-workers were great to get along with, hardest part of the job was communication
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no understanding
Okay job, but temporary
temp job (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEOctober 27, 2015
This job was only temporary and Advance Services is a temp agency. They offer benefits, but they cost an arm and a leg. They do not provide the wages to cover their benefit costs.
Pros
Cons
only temp work, no benefits
Fun workplace with great staff.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDSeptember 28, 2015
ADVANCE was a great place to work. The staff was great and really cared about the people supported. Always making sure they are living their lives to the fullest. Very fun environment where you could laugh and joke around with the people supported and staff all while getting a lot of work done.
Pros
Free lunch, relaxed atmosphere, casual dress code.
Cons
Working some holidays.
Good Learning Environment
Inbound Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kutztown, PAAugust 26, 2015
The opportunity to gain exposure to the varied facets of several different distribution environments while serving with a single company was invaluable. While every facility had its own challenges, every facility provided exposure to different work cultures, methods and management styles. Again, the experience has been invaluable.
The job is best for retirees and people in need of a summer job. This is not a job you can support yourself on.
Advantage Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 31, 2015
A typical day is set up your cart, prepare food samples and deal with the public all day. My manager is great. She works hard for us and is under appreciated. I enjoy the people I work with. The hardest part of the job is standing all day and dealing with the public. Best part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
Good hours, easy job
Cons
only 1 break is allowed per day, extremely strict dress code, no raises
I was a little dissappionted. I was hoping after working for the temp company that I would get benifits!!
Shipper/Packer (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SDJuly 16, 2015
Polaris is a good place to work. Busy a typical day would be watching the conveyor belt well product was coming done to your line.Making sure product didn't jam line up.
Pros
They would give us free mugs from time to time.
Cons
No health care for the temps.