ADVANCE

ADVANCE Employer Reviews

laid back place with friendly people
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Monroe, MIMay 19, 2014
Pros: friendly nice people
Cons: one short break
when I come into work I release the other person from the press. I am in my own small area where people didn't bother me other than to take my parts and take track of inventory. It was not a stable schedule and you would work different times so it was hard to take care of things outside of work. There also your hours where not for sure you could work – more... one day a week sometimes five it depended on how slow they where so the job wasn't dependable enough for me – less
Very Racially divide environment and the HR Director is a total joke
CONSUMER RELATIONS DEVELOPER (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 5, 2014
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: lack of professional leadership at a director level
I have never worked in such an oppressed environment. The Compensation/Benefits have a lot of very talented people trapped in an environment in which they will never reach their full potential. Upper management (Jill Sullivan and Deborah Ulrich) are fearful of their limited skills and educational background. The lead from a position of fear. They only – more... promote those that they have a personal relationship with outside of work or those that are easily manipulated. This place is a wasteland and a black hole where talented people's careers go to die. – less
Trying to be bigger.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Bedminster, NJApril 17, 2014
Growing company when I was there. Don't know now because I think most of the people I knew have left.
advance fellow in Geriatrics at west LA VA
FELLOW (Former Employee), Los AngelesApril 17, 2014
I did extensive research, wrote book chapters and published elder abuse review article
good place to work
customer service .inventory management (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 2, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: bad pay
bad pay good peaple to work with........................................................................................................
lerning new skills from co-workers
drywall finisher. painter (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: had study work and learned more things from other employees
Cons: no heath care, the drywallfinishish an painting performed bymyself
being productive,completing work that was reguiered.i learned that nothing was impossible to fix an that patients where needed to perform alot of the jobs being performed. patients where needed with co-workers an with custermers. a good working conditions always helped in duties being performed,we did alot home remoldling their asbsticals to overcome.seeing – more... custermers happy an employeer happy.being told u did an outstanding an we]appreitciate – less
Customer Service Rep
Appliance Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2014
Calling customers to trouble shoot their appliances. We talked to irate and sometimes laid back customers that would actually go through with the troubleshooting.. It was hard trying to convince a customer to actually cooperate with us instead of letting a tech come out but it was rewarding to be able to fix the problem over the phone.
this job had it's up and downs, some good some bad
manager (Former Employee), Yerington, NVJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: having a steady job
Cons: watching the business go down hill because of the economy
writing new loan contracts for return customers. Going over applications from prospective new customers running credit checks. Writing checks for loans. paying bills as they came in. How to write contracts and do paper work for court filings on delinquent loans, and what to do when you went to court. How to do audits at the end of the year. Owner was – more... nice and so were my co workers from other offices. Telling someone that I could not give them a loan. Talking with my regular customers. – less
Advance was a great company to work.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDAugust 21, 2013
Pros: lots of free benifits.
Cons: heavy work load.
They considered customers first but their employees welfare was not far behind. They had good benefits. I was there 34 years and learned everything from equipment repair, purchasing, inventory, employee management, task management, and customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving the customer's problem.
Worked here for a short time.
CNC press Operator (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MIAugust 21, 2013
I worked here for a short time, then got laid off and they told me and a few others not to come back because they didn't need us.
an ok job for a young individual with no family
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MIAugust 17, 2013
a call center environment with hours ranging from 7 am to 9 pm.
Wonderful Time
Student and Homemaker (Current Employee), Advance, NCAugust 1, 2013
Several years spent as a homemaker, balancing the budget within the house, being a mother to three small children, and finishing my Bachelor's degree.
Verfied all phone order were good for installation that all was verified as far as E911
Customer Service/Digital Phone Coordinator (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: excellent work place
Cons: moved to dallas area
Worked on orders that were submitted by customer service that customer was equipped and E911 was verified and area was serviceable. Management was good, co-workers were excellent we were very united and team work was a plus.
Advance America is a retail company that sells a product that many people needs in Today's Economy .
Manager (Former Employee), FLApril 17, 2013
Pros: training and leadership
Cons: local travel compensation
Typical Day : Center Management- Opening , closing, banking, collections, audits , local store marketing , Loss Prevention Procedures and company policies to be followed.
What I learned : Customer Service , sales, collections and
management.
Management: Budget Control - Manage P& L, payroll, etc.
Co-workers : Teamwork support to solve issues to improve
product – more... knowlege and co. guidelines.
The hardest part of the job : Collections .
The most enjoyable part of the job : Customer Service and
Marketing . – less
Busy work place with high clientele
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), IAApril 11, 2013
Pros: secured doors and cameras
Cons: expensive insurance, had to make house calls to collect money
A typical day would consist of opening the store, making cash withdraws from the bank, calling customers that were do to make a payment, call past due clients, approve new clients for loans and deny unqualified applicants, clean store, file, count safe, cover other stores etc.
I learned a lot about how to work with difficult people at this job, and – more... dishonest people as well. My co-workers were always fun to work with and be around. The hardest part of the job was denying people loans that you knew really needed the money. there wasn't any one thing that i liked the most, I loved the job. – less
Great People
Residential supervisor (Current Employee), Brookings, SDMarch 5, 2013
Pros: flexibility with hours
Cons: low salary
A typical word day as a Residential Supervisor for me consists of: make sure staff are carrying supports they way they are written, scheduling staff, making menus, buying groceries, ordering medications, make sure my house in compliant with State Health standards. Planing trips or people supported and direct support.

I have learned on how to manage – more... my staff and residents efficiently and effectively, what to look for in a new hire, how to handle stressful situations at the work place, how a non-profit organization is operated, how to make budgets and stay on or below them. I also have learned a lot about developmental disabilities, particularly autism.
My co-workers (other Residential Supervisor and Support Coordinators) and I have a nice working relationship. We are all very supportive of each other.

The hardest part of my job is staffing. We mostly hire college students, and they don't always stick around. The biggest problem with that is my house residents are very much effected by this, new people coming and going.

The most enjoyable part of my job is everyone at my house is happy and they are happy to see you when you come to work. – less
Call Center for a out of state gas company.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jackson, MIOctober 9, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not willing to work outside life like doctor appts.
Set up payment plans and take payments also restore customers gas services. I learned to customer services skills also learned the computer program Citrex.Management some where good some where bad,enjoied my co-workers had a great team. Hardest part of my job was when upset customer called in and said so rude and nasty things to you for just doing your – more... job. The most enjoable part of my job was knowing I could help customer out that really needed some extra time and just getting to hear customers lifes. – less
Great company to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee), Hastings, NEJune 4, 2012
This company has been great to work for and placed me in places wehre i had the opportunity to advance and get rolled over to full time status. Hardest part of some jobs is not knowing how long your going to be there or knowing that your only working there for a little while.
A nice place to get started, not enough pay or benefits to keep anyone in for the long haul.
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Jackson, MIMay 7, 2012
Pros: steady hours, good schedule
Cons: no real health benefits, company doesn't inform you of policy changes well, no real job secuirity
Mostly you take calls, a lot of times from upset or angry customers since you are dealing with a power company and many people in this economy can't pay their bills and get disconnected. If you can handle an upset person though you'll make it fine, if not then you'd end up like most people who start and quite after the first month. I did learn how to – more... take calls efficiency and effectively, and how to calm down someone who's really upset.
The management is alright, most of the time your supervisor is pretty friendly, but there is a chance you'll get someone who is rude, but you can report them if need be.
I never really talked with coworkers much, since your talking back to back, unless it's slow you don't really have time to mingle.

Hardest part is always the nasty customers, and you'll get one that's a real piece of work just like any other job. It's when they make it personal that makes it difficult and you have to be able to deal with being called every name in the book while still keeping calm and polite to work at it.

Most enjoyable part is customers you can help, if you do your job right you will eventually get someone on the phone that makes your day. If your polite and cheerful you will get people like this often and it makes the job much more bearable. – less
it was work over small wilson rig
Mechanic (Former Employee), IndiaJune 5, 2014
Pros: i might have nthing to say much
Cons: most of the time un limited brakedowns with no spare parts
Ihad to take a job and ther was these rig wilson 75 workover wanted some mechanic just did a short time as things were bad regarding saftey