ADVANCE

ADVANCE Employee Reviews

Minimal Supervision
Shipboard Mechanic III (Former Employee), Siapan Northern Marianna IslandsApril 15, 2015
Enjoy challenges throughout my work day. Willing to assist others when needed and gain working knowledge of other areas of the work environment. Always willing to share knowledge with others.
Contract emplyee
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Boulder, COApril 10, 2015
Pros: Freedom, SAP, inter-company communication
Cons: Poor communication from Advance Services
Client was Sygenta Flowers with no chance of being hired from day one. However, I was exposed to, and used SAP from day one. Technology was very advanced at this company, and I learned about flowers from growth to sale. Again, my typical day involved close attention to detailed accounting work.
Best Customer Base I've Ever Had
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIApril 8, 2015
When you work in Customer Service Problem Solving, Positive Attitude and Listening Skills are your biggest assets. I was able to further develop these skills during my time there.
I learned a lot about Auto Mechanics and navigating through a variety of Computer Programs to resolve Customer issues.
I was frustrated with the Management Team in the facility where I worked, but established a great working rapport with Staff and Management in the 9 other Distribution Centers I dealt with regularly.
I like to stay focused and busy when I'm at work. I typically did not join in any conversations that weren't work related. This seemed to be a source of tension between my co-workers and myself.
I was subjected to openly hostile professional working relations from one of my co-workers, including refusal to answer questions vital to Customer concerns and/or follow-up on Customer concerns which fell into her job description. This was the hardest part of my job as she was unwilling to sit down and work through a resolution to our disharmony. In turn, I wasn't able to ensure that Customer concerns would be dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
I loved the Customers. They were genuinely interested in giving their Customers the best possible service and appreciative of what I was able to do to ensure that was possible. They liked my positive get-it-done attitude. On more than one occasion I was the subject of a Thank You email to the company.
Productive and fast paced
MANAGER (Former Employee), JonesboroFebruary 4, 2015
Advance was a quick paced job. There was a constant flow of people. The management was awesome and fun with work with. My co-workers were easy to get along with. I love working on cars, so car parts were the next best thing.
Good with helping find work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Ames, IADecember 28, 2014
Advance Services, Inc. is a temp agency, I almost immediately found a job. When I moved, I gave a two week notice, and a week after moving I got a call asking why I did not work that previous week. And the following week after that I got another call asking why I am not working, even after giving a two week notice to the correct person. The man I worked with for finding and switching assignments I had some issues with and he seems very inconsiderate on the type of work some people do and underestimates knowledge that people have.
I enjoy working here
CONSUMER RELATIONS ADVOCATE/CASE MANAGER (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2014
This is a very nice place to work. Im just seeking to expand my customer service knowledge.
Very beneficial and satisfactory
Internship (Current Employee), Brookings, SDMay 21, 2014
Help with their daily lives: shower, eat, shopping, vacations,etc.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see how important staff are to their lives and how much they enjoy certain people.
laid back place with friendly people
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Monroe, MIMay 19, 2014
Pros: friendly nice people
Cons: one short break
when I come into work I release the other person from the press. I am in my own small area where people didn't bother me other than to take my parts and take track of inventory. It was not a stable schedule and you would work different times so it was hard to take care of things outside of work. There also your hours where not for sure you could work one day a week sometimes five it depended on how slow they where so the job wasn't dependable enough for me
Very Racially divide environment and the HR Director is a total joke
CONSUMER RELATIONS DEVELOPER (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 5, 2014
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: lack of professional leadership at a director level
I have never worked in such an oppressed environment. The Compensation/Benefits have a lot of very talented people trapped in an environment in which they will never reach their full potential. Upper management (Jill Sullivan and Deborah Ulrich) are fearful of their limited skills and educational background. The lead from a position of fear. They only promote those that they have a personal relationship with outside of work or those that are easily manipulated. This place is a wasteland and a black hole where talented people's careers go to die.
Trying to be bigger.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Bedminster, NJApril 17, 2014
Growing company when I was there. Don't know now because I think most of the people I knew have left.
advance fellow in Geriatrics at west LA VA
FELLOW (Former Employee), Los AngelesApril 17, 2014
I did extensive research, wrote book chapters and published elder abuse review article
good place to work
customer service .inventory management (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 2, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: bad pay
bad pay good peaple to work with........................................................................................................
lerning new skills from co-workers
drywall finisher. painter (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: had study work and learned more things from other employees
Cons: no heath care, the drywallfinishish an painting performed bymyself
being productive,completing work that was reguiered.i learned that nothing was impossible to fix an that patients where needed to perform alot of the jobs being performed. patients where needed with co-workers an with custermers. a good working conditions always helped in duties being performed,we did alot home remoldling their asbsticals to overcome.seeing custermers happy an employeer happy.being told u did an outstanding an we]appreitciate
Customer Service Rep
Appliance Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2014
Calling customers to trouble shoot their appliances. We talked to irate and sometimes laid back customers that would actually go through with the troubleshooting.. It was hard trying to convince a customer to actually cooperate with us instead of letting a tech come out but it was rewarding to be able to fix the problem over the phone.
this job had it's up and downs, some good some bad
manager (Former Employee), Yerington, NVJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: having a steady job
Cons: watching the business go down hill because of the economy
writing new loan contracts for return customers. Going over applications from prospective new customers running credit checks. Writing checks for loans. paying bills as they came in. How to write contracts and do paper work for court filings on delinquent loans, and what to do when you went to court. How to do audits at the end of the year. Owner was nice and so were my co workers from other offices. Telling someone that I could not give them a loan. Talking with my regular customers.
Advance was a great company to work.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDAugust 21, 2013
Pros: lots of free benifits.
Cons: heavy work load.
They considered customers first but their employees welfare was not far behind. They had good benefits. I was there 34 years and learned everything from equipment repair, purchasing, inventory, employee management, task management, and customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving the customer's problem.
Worked here for a short time.
CNC press Operator (Former Employee), Three Rivers, MIAugust 21, 2013
I worked here for a short time, then got laid off and they told me and a few others not to come back because they didn't need us.
an ok job for a young individual with no family
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MIAugust 17, 2013
a call center environment with hours ranging from 7 am to 9 pm.
Wonderful Time
Student and Homemaker (Current Employee), Advance, NCAugust 1, 2013
Several years spent as a homemaker, balancing the budget within the house, being a mother to three small children, and finishing my Bachelor's degree.
Verfied all phone order were good for installation that all was verified as far as E911
Customer Service/Digital Phone Coordinator (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: excellent work place
Cons: moved to dallas area
Worked on orders that were submitted by customer service that customer was equipped and E911 was verified and area was serviceable. Management was good, co-workers were excellent we were very united and team work was a plus.