Advanced Bionics Employee Reviews

Losing their position in cochlear implant business
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 9, 2017
They've lost their position as a leader in the cochlear implant industry and as a result have cut budgets and lost key top performers over the years.

There are no longer any key leaders in the organization who have an audiological background.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Poor leadership. Cronyism
too many changes
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 8, 2017
Company went through too many management as well as ownership changes while I was there to feel safe or secure in my position. Also, way too much drama around the water cooler going on.
Productive and fun work place.
Quality Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CASeptember 23, 2017
Productive and fun work place. Quality Lab Technician. Work on electronic medical devices. Failure analysis and root cause investigation in order to accurately determine the device failure.
Very focused, cover the bases and precision oriented place
Electronics/Electromechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 7, 2017
Although serious and focused, the workplace provides lots of outlets for employees to exercise, socialize and have periods of FUN activities; such as foosball tables, ping pong tables, and one video game table. There is a cafeteria and refrigerators for employees to store their lunches.
Pros
frequent breaks and 30 minute lunches
Family oriented company
Customer Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 6, 2017
Everyone was willing to help each other, teach each other job's responsibilities to help in any giving day. Management was always available and willing to help and/or answer any question.
Pros
Learning and growth opportunities
Great place
Product Builder/Repair/Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAJune 13, 2017
Advanced bionics was a great place that changes peoples lives. knowing you helped someone hear for the first time or for them to hear again its a great feeling
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
point system
Nice place to work.
Senior Tooling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMay 23, 2017
It was a good place to work go in early to Sylmar facility after any manufacturing problems or repairs to tooling or equipment was completed drive, to the second facility in Valencia and start any work needed there. I learned to work with different personalities. I feel management did not communicate good with employees. The hardest part of my job, was dealing with so many different personalities. I had some freedom to design fixtures that help improve the quality of the product. Company was changing but not for the better.
Pros
Cons
They did not offer good health care. Very expensive.
Amazing product to treat profound deafness
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Advanced Bionics is a wonderful company with amazing product to treat the profoundly deaf patients. Throughout my 10 years working there I had extensive experiences working with patients and clinicians in Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific.
Great People, Smart, Dedicated, Caring
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 3, 2016
Co-workers are very smart and motivated. They are a great group of people to work with.

Management is passive aggressive and needs to learn how to tell people what their expectations are.
Pros
Nice people to work with and for
Team working enviroment.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 4, 2016
It is easy going most days but when it is busy we all work together to get all orders shipped on time.
Everyone has a positive attitude
productive fun workplace with fantastic people
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at work consists of updating data entry in our computer system from the previous day. Then we determine how many numbers of a certain product needs to be made for that day. I learned how to use scientific tools such as a microscope and utensils. All management and co workers are great people and get along well with them. The hardest part of this job is to make clean products. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people i get to meet.
Learned skills in Product Development and Quality
New Product Introduction, Intern (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 11, 2015
gained knowledge about the engineering work environment and the learned how to move product into production. My boss was knowledeable and understanding. My coworkers were always helpful
productive and wonderful work environment.
Lead Mechanical Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMay 15, 2015
this is a great company and a great work environment. learned how to work in a team. learned how to train people to learn new operations, the people there make it fun and a place you want to be at. managment listens to employees.
Pros
always showing appeciation for employees.
Great company
Equipment Maintenance Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 23, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great company for beginner.
lot of chances to grow. Friendly co workers and cooperative .Great team work.
Wonderful loaction
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 20, 2015
The culture of the company is very different. People who are less qualified can land high ranking positions than those who have more education and experience. As a result the company struggles to be completive, and those individuals who have the know how are kept doing jobs below what’s really needed for the company to succeed .
Pros
Company is very diversified
Cons
But very biased
A challenging and fun learning experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Valencia,CaliforniaNovember 9, 2014
AB is a global leader in manufacturing of cochlear implants.It was great learning experience from my first day at AB.I got to work in the R&D department for the sound cleaning tests of the processors.My co-workers were always willing to help and dedicate their busy schedule to help people like us(interns) learn.The best part of the job was meeting the patients who use these implants, face to face and get their reviews about AB's cochlear implant.
Wonderful company- great ideals
Project Manager/ Special Projects Coordination (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2014
I was forced to resign from Advanced Bionics because of a back injury I had incurred years earlier in the Army. It got so bad, I had to take time off to have multiple surgeries and recover. By the time I had recovered, AB had been sold to Boston Scientific.
Pros
Phenomenal vision, care for its customers
Cons
Sold to larger company
Productive, Good Experience
USA as Systems Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Valencia, USASeptember 15, 2014
Learned a lot about ASIC Design Flow. Limited Guidance, Heavy work load.
fun environment
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 28, 2014
busy environment, team building, a lot to learn and a great place to work.
Good company.Great atmosphere to work in.
Shipping Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 18, 2014
The work enviroment of the warehouse is great Awesome friendly and helpfull co-workers. Awfully biased management. No room to grow in the company unless you know the right people.
Pros
great benefits and job security
Cons
no room to grow