Advanced Call Center Technologies, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Production Driven Company. Low Pay
Claims Agent (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 30, 2016
Incoming Call Center, 50 to 100+ mostly highly stressful calls daily
short 10 min. break (10 min logout) barely time to get to restroom and /or breakroom for snack/drink
Process, Procedures constantly changing by client, not always kept up to date until coached for error
Seems Management has favorites, have been interviewed but never promoted, hardest part of job is having to tell callers no when truly cannot help
Never met anyone I could not get along with
The best part is being able to tell caller I have taken care of issue and will not be any further concerns with that issue
Pros
Full time, Good benefits, OT offered most weeks
Cons
Low pay, promotions seem scarce
Hted working their nobody follows the guidelines and the management and benefits are horrible and expensive.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Boones Creek, TNApril 3, 2016
If you work here the pay is good, you willl get overtime (LOTS OF IT), but you will have no family time at all whatsoever! Their package for their benefits are horrible, and expensive, and the management is just as horrible.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
everything
Great hours and benefits, nothing else
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 5, 2015
A typical day included listening to customer's complaints and filing those complaints, as well as claims. I have managed to gain excellent customer service skills from working at this job, never receiving a quality less than 97%. The co-workers were fun to be around, but the managers were not helpful and do not set you up for success. The hardest part of the job was calming down angry customers to the point where you could help them, but once you have helped them, you can feel the relief through the phone. That was what made it all worth it.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits
Cons
Managers do not coach you as they are supposed to
Secure job but lack of workplace ethics and sub-par management
Navient Credit Bureau Dispute Agent (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 9, 2015
During the 5 years I spent at ACT I learned data entry and customer service skills, however upper-management did little to reprimand those who had horrendous attendance and showed disrespect to subordinates and co-workers. Project oversight from corporate was almost non-existent. Overall, it's a job with simple tasks but I wouldn't advise it as a career.
Pros
Good health benefits, simple job
Cons
Stressful environment, never knowing how much overtime is expected until the last minute
Good for a first time job or if you can't get anything else
Digital Life (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSNovember 16, 2015
POSITIVES: you get full time hours and benefits if you need them and it pays over minimum wage. NEGATIVES: terrible management, very negative work environment, unstable job security, supervisors are always breathing over your neck. I would only advise this job as a temporary job until you find something else.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
Job insecurity-poor management
A set schedule and 40 hours every week
Disputes Annalyst (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed my job taking calls at ACT. I was in the billing disputes department; we accepted in-bound calls and filed credit card claims or initiated fraud claims depending on the customer's issues. The hardest part of the job was receiving a call in which I couldn't assist with the person's issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team and having other co-workers in a group with you.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Mandatory over-time
Easy and some-times fun job that I overall enjoyed.
Call-Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Johnson City TNAugust 29, 2015
It was very simple to get the hang of and it was overall enjoyable. Breaks were reasonable and allowed enough breathing room, plenty actually. The only thing was the customers would sometimes be capable of absurd extremes of rudeness and sadism, some simply screaming for a period of time before hanging up the phone. At first it was annoying/difficult but in time it was merely amusing. I got plenty of payments and its not that difficult talking to people over the phone at all. Some of the management were power-hungry and did not care about their job but others were very helpful, friendly and motivating. The only complaint other than some of my coworkers and clients was the irrationally low compensation.
Summary
Director - Call Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 23, 2016
Good compensation and good benefits. Good location in a good area for commuting. Gorgeous city with good schools. Minimal restaurants near the site.
Good job for some
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City TNAugust 27, 2015
Advanced Call Center Technologies is a good job with great benefits. However, I could only stand to be there for a few short months. A typical day at work started with having to be on the phone at exactly 0700, lunch at 1200, and the day ended around 1700. The hardest part of the job was trying to effectively communicate with the consumers. I worked for the company AT&T and was a "Billing Specialist", meaning people called me when they had a problem with their bill. Not every customer was pleasant about having to call me. Overall, a good company, but a very high turnover rate.
Fast-paced Call-Center environment
Enterprise Technician (Current Employee) –  North Highlands, CAFebruary 3, 2016
This review is based on 1 year of Call-Center Agent experience and 2 yrs and 9 months to present of IT dept experience. I am currently still an Enterprise Technician for both ACT sites in Sacramento, CA.

ACT has a high turn-over rate for it's call-center agents, but the IT dept (my current dept) has more job security. I have learned to work with multiple teams on the production floor, especially since I used to be a call-center agent before joining the IT team. I already had a relationship with many of the people in the Operations dept of the call-center. My current team consists of 4 techs: 1 Lead, and 3 total techs, and we are in charge of running both Sacramento facilities (Carmichael and North Highlands).

A typical day at work consists of a minimum of 10 hours of work. Instead of a typical 40/hr work-week, I am used to putting in an average of 50 hrs per week. We work on recording issues for the calls taken in the center. I close approx. 8 work orders per day depending on the issues presented. I work closely each day with both call-centers, primarily the North Highlands facility, but I also help run the Carmichael facility. I have been involved in many projects that are not strictly IT related as well. For example, building new desks, raising and lowering desks as needed by Operations. I also assisted in setting up a 4th training room in the building, which including the breaking down of previous cubicles and setting up new ones along with all the equipment necessary for the training room to be functional in 2 days.

I have learned all my skills from hands-on
  more... training since day 1 on the job. My prior knowledge was restricted to simple hardware and software configurations. I can now set up entire projects in the call-center by myself if needed, including setting them up on our domain network and configure each workstation to record calls properly on the servers

My Lead technician has been a very helpful guide during the my time here in the IT department. I work closely with him and the 2 other techs each day. We all share one office so we are always in contact with each other, inside and outside of work. We have developed a very strong work relationship and my Lead continues to be a mentor for myself and the other techs. We learn together and work in harmony to resolve any and all issues that arise in our call-center. We take pride in our quality of work, and also the quantity of work we complete on a daily basis. We are known to work well beyond the normal hours required, and are usually here working on weekends as well.

The hardest part about the job is coming to work knowing you are not properly compensated for the work and effort you are putting in daily. I love my job, and come to work with a smile on my face each day. I don't consider my job to be work. It is a daily learning experience since things in our field change each day. But, as mentioned previously, the hardest part about this job is having a management team not willing to properly compensate you for the work you are actually doing. Always having to go above and beyond your required duties and seeing no fruits for your labor, do hinder one's thoughts about their work. This is the reason I am in search for work in the same field I am currently excelling in, but for higher compensation.

With the lack of proper compensation in the background, there is yet a different factor which allows me to come in to work each day. I have mentioned it already, but it is simply because I love what I do. I have a great time troubleshooting new issues, and learning new and more efficient ways to solve problems. I get to learn from my peers and make myself a better technician. I also get to teach and share my knowledge at times when I do discover more efficient ways to solve problems. With all the technical aspects on one hand that I love about my job, I especially love my job because of the team I get to work with and for the simple fact that I get to do something I like.
Pros
Great IT team, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Lack of proper compenstation, Lack of planning from Site Directors and Management Teams
Only an alternative to homlessness
Claims/Fraud Agent (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 26, 2015
You are a contract worker for a major bank. As such, you are entirely disposable and they do not care about you. If a customer is screaming and cussing at you you must take it no matter how over the top they get. The pay is less than that of a Walmart greeter with no step increases. They promise "bonuses", but that is is reserved for only the top select 10 or so people out of hundreds. The stress is very high and the education and intellectual level needed for the job is much higher than is indicated by the compensation.
Pros
Variation in calls. Mandatory overtime is rare.
Cons
Low pay, low feeling of employee appreciation.
Job experience varies depending on who in the company you work for
Enterprise Technician (Current Employee) –  North Highlands, CAFebruary 3, 2016
This review is solely for the IT Department. I have been an Enterprise Technician for ACT for four years.

Typical day at work is ~10 calls and ~5-6 work orders from the production floor for tech issues on the floor. There are times where work would be nonstop, mostly due to client decisions to shuffle/expand a certain project. Days after project expansions can be busy as well, as floor support is required to ensure that everything is working smoothly from a technical standpoint. During times where not much projects are planned in the nearby future, we have free days where we can work on the tasks that aren't prioritized, and clear work orders.

I started working in this company without much knowledge when it came to desktop support. My manager has taught me almost everything I know regarding IT troubleshooting since. I also have learned how to communicate well with co-workers, from agents to company vice presidents, and how to earn their respect.

Co-workers are very respectful, as long as you know what you're doing. This is very vital when interacting with the higher-ups and clients. Saying "no" isn't an option. You at least have to have a workaround on things as much as possible, if "yes" isn't feasible.

Hardest part of the job is the overnight work for the most part, as us techs sometimes cannot do our job during production hours, and can only start some tasks/projects when the building is practically empty. "Hardest" is a very strong word, and I chose this only because I don't prefer being away from my family at night.

The most enjoyable part of the job is
  more... being around such great people that appreciate your work.  less
Pros
Flexible scheduling, very solid team
Cons
Lack of compensation, lack of planning from clients/directors
Running a project at the call center called D2D
CSR, Supervisor, Acting ops manager (Former Employee) –  Douglas, AZJune 3, 2015
A typical day for me was to resolve any issues that kept any customers from receiving services from At&t. Worked with technicians and other co workers to work to resolve the issue. I was also in charge of supervisors and employees making sure that order accuracy was the key to the success of our company. I learned many things one of them being how to manage people in the best possible way.How to treat them with respect to raise moral in the workplace. My co-workers worked very hard by my side to ensure the best possible outcome. The hardest part of the job was letting people go. I enjoyed going to work and find that figuring out the most difficult part of any job could be resolved by working as a team.
Pros
Traveling, benefits, working with people I had known since day one
Cons
Trying to work with people, that really didn't want to be there and having to let them go for violating company policy
Great for Beginners, but not for people looking to advance.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Highlands, CAMay 17, 2016
This place overall is the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. Overall the enviroment is very lively on the AT&T side, but the managemnt were demoted back to CSR, were paid minimum wage to perform Customer Service and Sales, because it is a third party for AT&T. But we are constantly adding more systems and more duties to still be paid thr same amount. Everyone in the upper management is messing arond with each other and its very noticeable. Overall, if you are just coming out of HS with NO bills or kids this would be a perfect place to start becuase it does give you cutomer service and sales experince but for someone with bills, kids, or even trying to advance within a company this is DEFINITELY NOT the place to be.
Pros
Enviroment, Lots of Food Places
Cons
Short Breaks, HR Department, Pay
I loved the job experience
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 26, 2016
As a member of the Training Department I conducted New Hire training and presented existing agents up training through Continued Education courses.
Trained agents in process of calls through in/outbound call queues and to make payment arrangements with debtors.

The management staff was younger and not very experienced and would lack the skills to develop agents properly.

The hardest part of the job would to be professional in an environment that was less than equal too being professional.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being a witness to the agents success.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
This place SUCKS
Agent (Former Employee) –  Junction City KSMarch 31, 2016
They state that they care about their employees and their families, but they dont. I worked there for a few months, and I ended up missing a few days due to my daughter being sick they counted me as a no call no show, I then lost my voice, brought in a doctors note stating I could not work for a week to give me time to get my voice back. They still wrote me up and gave me points for it. I was recently diagnosed with gall stones and I have to have surgery done, I missed a week of work due to the pain, I brought in a doctors note for that and my supervisor threw out the doctors note and still marked me as a no call no show for 5 days, even though I brought in a doctors note. I was terminated because I got SICK. They are a bunch of jokes. They say they care and they dont. They make you work ridiculous hours. I was working 50+ hours a week. I went 12 days without seeing my daughter because of them. They SUCK. DO NOT WORK FOR THEm
Pros
Pay is $10, that is about it
Cons
EVERYTHING
Summary
Agent (Former Employee) –  JCApril 7, 2016
If you want to have change alot and not ever get credit for doing something this is the place for you. while working there i have also went through 3 different training for this company and all they will pay is 10. no raises. they give some bonuses but for the 8 week training the 4 week training and more you deserve a company that would give more to the employees. shifts here are crazy. theres also a team that probably still is on the midnight shift we have that they have been stuck on for over 4ish mons est. and you were supposed to change every 45 days. then there is favoritism. i tried moving up in the company but somehow this girl with lower scores and what not is the team lead ? okay so i quit (:
Pros
fast pased
Cons
no raise, favoritism
Wow this place sucked.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSMay 24, 2016
I barely completed training and I was already out the door with no regrets. A typical day at work included short breaks (10 mins maybe), short lunches (30mins on a good day), and average of about 25 calls in an 8 hour shift. The management is HORRID, the training does NOT prepare you for the real deal. This location is short on floor walkers and supervisors so help is not readily available if needed. If you can't show up to work, regardless of a doctors note, you get "points". Once you reach 18 points, it's automatic termination. If you have children, DO NOT WORK HERE. You're baby is at home sick? They couldn't careless, you better be at work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
EVERYTHING
Drug test needs to be required at act
ATM Agent (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 22, 2016
This company needs to do drug test for new hires or current employees. Training was two weeks long but pay close attention. there is a lot things to memorize. Everything you do on the computer is being recorded. Beginning from training and when you hit production. Luckily I found a job quickly and didn't hit production. In training most of students smoked marijuana and drank beer during lunch breaks and 15 min breaks and discipline action wasn't taken. Drug test should be done when hiring agent just FYI. But since there low on agents they'll hire anyone
Pros
Cons
Parking
LOVED my team
LEAD (Current Employee) –  North Highlands, CAJanuary 18, 2016
I began working at ACT Nov 2013, I loved my team, and I loved the environment. Unfortunately Nov 2015 our department was phased out and all agents were transferred to sales. The most enjoyable part of the positions I held were the relationships with management and outsourced field agents. Working with people all across the United States and Jamaica. Being Leadership and helping others to reach their goals was extremely rewarding.
Pros
close interaction with all levels of management.
Cons
Late hours, and Sunday shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Call Center Technologies, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.