Advanced Call Center Technologies, LLC Employee Reviews

Easy and some-times fun job that I overall enjoyed.
Call-Center Agent (Former Employee), Johnson City TNAugust 29, 2015
It was very simple to get the hang of and it was overall enjoyable. Breaks were reasonable and allowed enough breathing room, plenty actually. The only thing was the customers would sometimes be capable of absurd extremes of rudeness and sadism, some simply screaming for a period of time before hanging up the phone. At first it was annoying/difficult but in time it was merely amusing. I got plenty of payments and its not that difficult talking to people over the phone at all. Some of the management were power-hungry and did not care about their job but others were very helpful, friendly and motivating. The only complaint other than some of my coworkers and clients was the irrationally low compensation.
Good job for some
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City TNAugust 27, 2015
Advanced Call Center Technologies is a good job with great benefits. However, I could only stand to be there for a few short months. A typical day at work started with having to be on the phone at exactly 0700, lunch at 1200, and the day ended around 1700. The hardest part of the job was trying to effectively communicate with the consumers. I worked for the company AT&T and was a "Billing Specialist", meaning people called me when they had a problem with their bill. Not every customer was pleasant about having to call me. Overall, a good company, but a very high turnover rate.
Tough and stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Its a Job
Cons: Short breaks, little pay, stressful
High stress for little pay, co workers are great. Just not the people who call. The best part would be that you get to meet new people.
Decent pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Not very flexible with schedule, Poor management skills
I worked for this company a couple years ago, I loved working in this type of environment. But I will warn you the management sucked. I was pregnant at the time and would request days off for appointments a month prior, only to get the day before or after off. What did it for me was when I get sick with bronchitis. I called in barely able to talk. I informed my manager that I would have doctors notes to excuse my absence and bring it to her the following day. At that time I was not aware that I was that sick. I called next day, spoke with my team manager and told her my situation. She had no problems just said I needed to come as soon as I felt better. Then the floor ops manager stepped in on the call furious that I wasn't there. I told her I have an excuse and that I was sick with bronchitis. She informed me that if I did not show up that she was going to fire me. There was no way I was going in, I couldn't even talk and that is 100% of my job. This was a few years ago, and I have heard that they made some major changes within the company to help fix the high turn over rate. I just had my interview today. I hope this second time is more successful than the last.
Busy/ Fun
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee), San Luis, AZAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Two breaks, lunch break, sick paid leave
Cons: No cons
ACT is a great place to work. Not only does it let you explore your customer service skills, but it allows you to grow within the company. ACT offers great insentives
Team work
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNAugust 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time at ACT, my supervisor was very helpful and my team was fantastic. But there were small things that needed to be worked on, like our team would get "Good Sup Calls", where a customer would call in have a GOOD phone call and want to talk to you supervisor about how well you did, half the time our supervisors wouldn't take those calls because "they were a waste of time". Well then, our teams were a waste of their time...
Productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Company Parties
The typical work day consists of telephone calls, and annotating. Calculating changes on accounts, and taking payments were always mandatory. There was not anything too hard for me at this job because I am a fast learner. I enjoyed the employees and the managers. I also got to meet the CEO and speak with him to ask for any advice or sales tips. The environment is productive and customer service orientated.
Stable hours and could often do overtime
Credit Card Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Harlingen, TexasAugust 3, 2015
Pros: frequent breaks, and great co workers
Cons: very long hours, more often than not you'd deal with very upset customers
Worked with customers that were often frustrated and upset about their bank of America credit cards not working. Also helped resolve any issues they might have with their accounts as well as assisting them eliminate any/all fraudulent activity found on their accounts.
I learned to have a lot of patience and empathy towards customers that were in very difficult situations.
The management was very helpful and coworkers made it feel like a very good place to work, with a very friendly environment.

The hardest part of the job was sitting all day, the easiest was being behind a computer screen for 10+hours.
Fast paced and busy enviroment
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNAugust 2, 2015
I loved working for Advanced Call Center Technologies. There is a lot of room for advancement and you can move up quickly. It is a fast paced enviroment that will keep you on your toes and contiually develop your telecommunications and customer service skills.
Customer Service ANd Sales
ATT Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee), North Highlands, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: healthcare, overtime, set schedule
Cons: bad management
Good first job, a lot of opportunity for development and leadership positions. Very complex tasks and situations to deal with but a lot of support throughout the company.
Only an alternative to homlessness
Claims/Fraud Agent (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Variation in calls. Mandatory overtime is rare.
Cons: Low pay, low feeling of employee appreciation.
You are a contract worker for a major bank. As such, you are entirely disposable and they do not care about you. If a customer is screaming and cussing at you you must take it no matter how over the top they get. The pay is less than that of a Walmart greeter with no step increases. They promise "bonuses", but that is is reserved for only the top select 10 or so people out of hundreds. The stress is very high and the education and intellectual level needed for the job is much higher than is indicated by the compensation.
Productive in Sales
(AT&T)"Billing Representative" (Former Employee), North Highlands, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: not enough supervisor support
Customer service came second to sales but the overall job was maintain multiple duties that are usually subject to change at any time
Great if you need a paycheck
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Junction City, KSJuly 13, 2015
Pros: easy money, collect a paycheck
Cons: Managerment
The Worst call center I have ever worked, and I worked at a few. My advice worked there a couple months while you search for a real job and career.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), 4837 Watt Ave, North Highlands, CA 95660July 7, 2015
Pros: Incentives, Friendly co-workers
Cons: Long hours and hard work for small pay
A typical day at work consisted of answering phones, recording data, meetings about new products and improvements, motivation to make revenue and have good surveys by customers.
Fun workplace environment with advancment potential
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at work was to take inbound calls over billing, service issues and working with various computer programs.
At ACT I learned never to take anything for granted and to keep a strong work ethic.
Good first job experience
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee), San Luis, AzJuly 6, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: short breaks, Supervisors
I would go in around 6 am login to all my systems and wait for a call. Once I received a call I would assist the customer with any bill questions and/or product inquiries. My co-workers were nice along with a few of management, many were to nice to friends of theirs. The hardest part of the day would be talking with customers that just want a credit. There wasn't really enjoyment through out the day just hard work.
No room for development. Supervisors only care about themselves
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carmichael CAJune 22, 2015
No room for development. Supervisors only care about themselves and getting their bonuses at the end of the month.If you had an escalation with a customer, my survivor would tell me to tell the customer that my supervisor was in a meeting. The only plus to this job was my co workers who were nice.
Awesome place to work in Junction City, KS
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Junction City, KSJune 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay, Bonuses!!! The people
Cons: When it is slow
This is a really good job to work at. I have been working there since August 2014 & love it.

They treat you like family there.They are always feeding us. Whether it is a site wide B-B-Q or a team that gets dinner bought for them. They give you very good training so when you get on the floor you are not lost as to what you are doing. Very easy work! Most of the people there are awesome to work with. My team all gets along great & our supervisor is always there to help us when we need it.

Upper management is very nice & always there to help me.
productive and fun worrkplace
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXJune 7, 2015
Pros: interactions with different people from customer to co-workers
Cons: short breaks
interact and in gage with agents on a daily basis, learned on different ways to address customer and agents with different back grounds, and ideas. management always there for assists and welling to help. co - workers welling to assist others when supervisors are tied up and can be counted on provided correct information. hardest part of job is helping those that do not want help however after completing that the reward is priceless. i really enjoying helping out the agents that report to me and/or customer in need of the extra step to resolve any issues.
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJune 4, 2015
Pros: NONE
Supervisors don't care about employees or clients. Training is a joke. Very low pay, after a year you'll be offered a ten cent raise.