Advanced Correctional Healthcare Employee Reviews

GREAT place to work award is well deserved!
Corporate Team (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 16, 2017
Everyone is treated equally!! There is never a moment that that there's not work to do. Executives, including the owners take the time out of their busy day to not only recognize everyone and the work they do for the company, but to simply ask how you're doing and talk to you on a personal level. Everyone works well together as a team and lends a helping hand where needed. Recognition is far above any other company! Flexible schedule option, available is a nice benefit that most companies do not have. Being a local family owned company makes a huge difference, you're not just a name on a paper as you would be in a large corporation.
Pros
Recognition, flexible schedule, locally owned, Supports furthing education, room for advancement, treated equally, St. Jude Supporter
Employee Beware
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 11, 2017
Favoritism and unethical job practices run rampant within this company. HR searches for replacements for employees and gives no warning before pulling the rug out from under them.
Professional and knowledgeable
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 4, 2017
This company understands Corrections. The managers are professional, educated, and helpful. Assistance and support was just a phone call away. I could trust this company to take care of me.
Pros
Pay, managers
Cons
Inmates can be challenging
Admins - Revolving 90 day door.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 14, 2017
Just as the title states. If you are looking for a temp job for a couple of months I wouldn't risk time here as the staff are all family or good friends and treat people horribly.

They have this fraudulent Administrative assistant job add posted continuously for years. They have no intention of keeping you past 90 days for your benefits to begin.

The corporate staff in the Peoria office are greedy, unmoral idiots.
Cons
Like a breath of fresh air
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 14, 2017
This company, Advanced Correctional Healthcare (ACH), leaves me feeling like I've stepped into a cool spring breeze from a sweltering, dark place. I have been with ACH since August 2016 and am really feeling good about finding this employer. They don't need to file fake reviews like some of the competitors do because they have actually been awarded "Great Place to Work" by Fortune and they deserve it.
Pros
Flexibility, Integrity, Focus on making lives easier.
Cons
Challenging environment but well worth it.
Great place to work!
Licensed Practical Nurse-Staff Nurse-Contract (Former Employee) –  Hartville, OHFebruary 2, 2017
I learned a lot working here. Correctional nursing isn't your typical nursing job! The workplace culture is fantastic! Management was always there and willing to lend a hand.
Cons
Short breaks
Poor Company to Work for
LPN (Former Employee) –  illinoisDecember 8, 2016
I worked with ACH for two years and am happy to report I am no longer there. The management is very poor and not properly trained. Favoritism is overly apparent but it does not take much to upset the wrong person and get reprimanded, usually fired without retraining or warning. Most of the decisions made at the higher levels are knee jerk reactions to one employee that complains out of the 800+ employees. If you want job security and fair treatment go somewhere else.
Pros
ok recognition program
Cons
staff that is not qualified to perform thier duties, poor processes and knee jerk decisions
Official response from Advanced Correctional Healthcare
February 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! ACH is a family-owned company and according to our Great Place to Work reviews, our employees feel that they are treated well. Click here to read more: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/advanced-correctional-healthcare-inc. Being a company that was started in 2002, we have many employees here in our office that have been with us for upwards of five or ten years.

At this time, we do not have any openings in our office for a temporary employee, however we would encourage anyone that is interested in learning more about working with us to browse our openings at www.advancedch.com/careers! Employees are eligible for benefits after 60 days of employment, which we believe is a great benefit!

Thank you again for your feedback. Have a great day!

Very rewarding facility to be employed at. Patient care is priority.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 25, 2016
I have worked for Advanced Correction for 5 years now. It has been a rewarding position. This is a company in which you can grow in you skills as a nurse. Very safe environment to work in. They are always looking for ways to grow as a company with their employees.
Pros
Safe environment to work. Great competitive pay
Cons
Have to be very autonomous when working in Corrections
poor management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 16, 2016
non support from management and deputies I strongly suggest not working for this company or the jail its a dog eat dog situation on the inside you will not be treated as a professional nurse!
Not a safe work environment for your hard earned nursing liscense!!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 26, 2016
Stay away from this company if you value your RN or LPN liscense you've worked soo hard for!!! Management won't have your back in decisions- No updated equipment to work with, should an emergency arise... the people they hire for these management positions are very unprofessional and will not help you instead cut you down every chance they get.
Pros
Friendly knowledgeable officers to work with; non qualified management
Cons
Steady employement
Good company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Guthrie, OKMarch 28, 2016
ACH is a good company to work for. pay is good and the doctors are very knowlegable. flexible schedule is very nice as well
Positive company.
Qualified Mental Health Professional. (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2016
Excellent company that offers support, positive environment to work. Excellent pay. Dedicated fellow employees, enjoy working with this company.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Stressful at times.
If You'd Like To Keep Your License As A Nurse, Dont Work Here!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 12, 2016
First, I must say..If you value your hard work to get your nursing license I would absolutely suggest you stay away from doing business with this "business". Not only will they forge signatures or require you to sign off on missing medications or documented events that never took place or were altered to make the company/employees look like they were "in the right" this company will pay you absolute bottom dollar while they mandate you to work open shifts and will have no hesitation with replacing you with someone cheaper. I have worked in corrections for many years unfortunately, losing a contract and being hired into this company was the only option ..had I known how selfish, greedy and low down the people who work for this company were, I would have definitely walked away on day 1. It won't take long for you to see the cues on how these people operate. Corporate will do ANYTHING to not lose a contract including use of unethical practice and falsified information. When it comes down to it, I would stay far away from risking your license to work for Advanced Correctional Healthcare. Save your time and save your license- You are worth so much more!
Pros
Work With Other Caring Nurses/Individuals
Cons
EXPENSIVE Healthcare w/High Deductable; Lazy Management & Money Driven Ethics
oversee the medical department at two facilities
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIDecember 17, 2015
management
collaborate with staff to ensure safety of all inmates
administering medication
coordinate, plan and change plan of care to ensure continuity of care of inmates
Great company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 3, 2015
This company was very great to work for. They are very easy to become a part of and very helpful when you have any questions or concerns related to the company or job duties.
always busy and on the go
Health Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 12, 2015
Always have excitement and never know what you will see. There is always something different on a daily basis. Working with an unusual population.
not what I expected
Correctional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 15, 2015
The manager is an LPN, and probably shouldn't be staffing this position; I was asked to conduct tasks that were out of my scope of practice several times. The narcotics aren't appropriately counted each shift, and I saw it as a big risk for my nursing license. Personally, I think the company is a good company, but made a mistake in who they hired for a manager.
good job
LPN-PRN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 22, 2015
Must be a self started as you work independently of any other medical staff. Although training was minimal the jailers were great to pitch in and help where they could. The regional manager wasn't much assistance. Over-all it was an exciting job and I enjoyed it and the jail staff very much.
Pros
definitely a lot of new learning experiences
Cons
full time position not staffed
Working at the jail, you learn so much on a daily basis
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 19, 2015
Working at Hamilton Co. Jail, is fast paced, whether a family member may call, a Correctional Officer needs you to assess a
new inmate at intake, it very challenging.
I worked alone on evening shift, doing chronic care vital signs, charting, labs, diabetic services.
The med pass for juvenile and the adults is time consuming, which
you have to be organized for any emergencies.
Pros
working with professional Sheriff deputies
Cons
fast pace
Stable, dependable company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 11, 2014
The company is family owned. The owner is always available by phone in emergencies. The human resource department very dependable. Some of the best pay in Kansas City
Pros
great pay
Cons
difficult work environment for most nurses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Correctional Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7