Advanced Correctional Healthcare

Advanced Correctional Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Positive company.
Qualified Mental Health Professional. (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2016
Excellent company that offers support, positive environment to work. Excellent pay. Dedicated fellow employees, enjoy working with this company.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Stressful at times.
oversee the medical department at two facilities
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIDecember 17, 2015
management
collaborate with staff to ensure safety of all inmates
administering medication
coordinate, plan and change plan of care to ensure continuity of care of inmates
not what I expected
Correctional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 15, 2015
The manager is an LPN, and probably shouldn't be staffing this position; I was asked to conduct tasks that were out of my scope of practice several times. The narcotics aren't appropriately counted each shift, and I saw it as a big risk for my nursing license. Personally, I think the company is a good company, but made a mistake in who they hired for a manager.
Great company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 3, 2015
This company was very great to work for. They are very easy to become a part of and very helpful when you have any questions or concerns related to the company or job duties.
good job
LPN-PRN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 22, 2015
Must be a self started as you work independently of any other medical staff. Although training was minimal the jailers were great to pitch in and help where they could. The regional manager wasn't much assistance. Over-all it was an exciting job and I enjoyed it and the jail staff very much.
Pros
definitely a lot of new learning experiences
Cons
full time position not staffed
always busy and on the go
Health Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 12, 2015
Always have excitement and never know what you will see. There is always something different on a daily basis. Working with an unusual population.
Working at the jail, you learn so much on a daily basis
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 19, 2015
Working at Hamilton Co. Jail, is fast paced, whether a family member may call, a Correctional Officer needs you to assess a
new inmate at intake, it very challenging.
I worked alone on evening shift, doing chronic care vital signs, charting, labs, diabetic services.
The med pass for juvenile and the adults is time consuming, which
you have to be organized for any emergencies.
Pros
working with professional Sheriff deputies
Cons
fast pace
If You'd Like To Keep Your License As A Nurse, Dont Work Here!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 12, 2016
First, I must say..If you value your hard work to get your nursing license I would absolutely suggest you stay away from doing business with this "business". Not only will they forge signatures or require you to sign off on missing medications or documented events that never took place or were altered to make the company/employees look like they were "in the right" this company will pay you absolute bottom dollar while they mandate you to work open shifts and will have no hesitation with replacing you with someone cheaper. I have worked in corrections for many years unfortunately, losing a contract and being hired into this company was the only option ..had I known how selfish, greedy and low down the people who work for this company were, I would have definitely walked away on day 1. It won't take long for you to see the cues on how these people operate. Corporate will do ANYTHING to not lose a contract including use of unethical practice and falsified information. When it comes down to it, I would stay far away from risking your license to work for Advanced Correctional Healthcare. Save your time and save your license- You are worth so much more!
Pros
Work With Other Caring Nurses/Individuals
Cons
EXPENSIVE Healthcare w/High Deductable; Lazy Management & Money Driven Ethics
Stable, dependable company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 11, 2014
The company is family owned. The owner is always available by phone in emergencies. The human resource department very dependable. Some of the best pay in Kansas City
Pros
great pay
Cons
difficult work environment for most nurses
A satisfying, rewarding profession with the ability to make a positive difference in someone's life.
RN-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 23, 2013
There is never a typical day at work when people are involved. I've learned after 44 years in nursing that people make life, funny, interesting and it is a pleasure to serve and help them. My co-workers have been great working partners and I have learned from each of them. The hardest part of my jobs have been letting go when facilities closed or budgets were cut and my livelihood was affected. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people and making a difference in someone's life.
Pros
excellent managers who were caring and knowledgeable.
Cons
mandated longer hours
Productive and Positive place to work at
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 28, 2014
Typical day was passing medication on a timely basis, medical visits with inmates, communication with the Doctor on a daily basis. One thing that I learned is that I cannot make everyone happy all the time. My RN/Field Manager was a great person who worked to bring out the best in me and taught me that "saying no" was not a bad thing. My co-workers who were guards at the jail were eager to learn the right and wrong ways of doing things, therefore that brought on teachable moments. The hardest part of my job was seeing someone tazed due to compromising the safety of themselves and others around them. The most enjoyable part of my job was the lasting friendships that were built with the staff of the jail.
Pros
free lunches, bonuses at christmas, pto
Cons
short hours, part time work, driving distance to work
Productive and great company to work for.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hayward, WISeptember 12, 2013
I shadowed the nurse at Sawyer County Jail while I was in school and enjoyed it a great deal. It was an amazing oppurtunity to be offered the position at the jail. I have gotten to know the jail staff quite well since starting there and they are an awesome group of people to work with. I wouldn't be able to get done what I do without their help. The hardest part of my job is the amount of work in a short amount of hours but most people are very understanding. I have learned so much not only about nursing but dealing with so many different types of people. I really enjoy working for Advanced Correctional Healthcare as they are quite easy to work for, I really enjoy my supervisor, she is a great person and extremely helpful.
Pros
correctional setting, co-workers
Cons
amount of hours
This company cares only about the mighty dollar and has no regards to their employees.
Jail Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 19, 2012
This company employs very poor doctors who do not want to do their job and expect the nurses to carry the load.
Pros
jail staff very easy and fun to work with
Cons
company will fire an employee with no warnings and then refuse to pay and pto or sick time accrued
Customer Oriented Corporation
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 16, 2013
Customers are the priority and they go out of their way to work with and find options for their customers. Corporate office is located in Peoria, Illinois, and employees are based in 17 various states.
Pros
they care.
Cons
small corporate atmosphere; no advancement.
nice place to work..if you don't mind the jail setting.
Office Manager/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2012
Helped to manage the Health Services Unit in a jail setting. I was considered the Administrative Assistant.
Pros
good pay..nice hours.
Cons
jail setting
Productive work setting
LPN (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 2, 2013
enjoy working with peers, learn something different on a daily basis, less stressful environment to work in . Would recommend this occupation to anyone interested.
Great Jails!!!!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 16, 2013
My work atmosphere at the jails is great, I love the people I work with and the work I do is awesome. The company itself has room for improvement but the day to day work outweighs that.
Jail is ok- the company itself is not
Nurse (Former Employee) –  JanesvilleMarch 1, 2013
It's fun working with the cops. However, the company itself is not a good company to work with. unprofessional!
Pros
fun working with cops
Cons
unprofessionalism
Choose where you work carefully.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 14, 2014
I worked for ACH almost 2 years at a county jail and in that time I was forced to lie for my nurse manager and the jail administration numerous times. Jail staff would steal narcotics and my nurse manager would have me fill out the paperwork showing that the medication was disposed of properly. I did this because I trusted my nurse manager, I later found out that she was being leveraged by the jail with accusations of drug abuse. The jail commander would insist that inmates who were members of his church, children of wealthy people, “high profile” inmates, or any inmate connected to the police department would receive special treatment, to include getting any medications they wanted approved. I was used as a scapegoat for "lost" medical records that were hidden or shredded by the jail administration when the threat of an investigation loomed. I was also forced to see members of the jail staff and police department as patients, when I told them I couldn’t give them prescription medications because ACH would only allow us to treat inmates, I was called rude, lazy, and a liar then reported to ACH by the jail administration that my “responses to employees were inappropriate”. The jail also used me as a secretary, forcing me to answer phone calls and discuss complaints with inmate family members and girlfriends about the medical care an inmate was receiving, (this violates HIPAA and ACH policy). Finally one day I just couldn’t take it anymore. I wouldn’t take blame for any more “lost” medical records or medications, I refused tell anymore lies to get medication approved for special  more... inmates, I stopped discussing inmate healthcare information over the phone, and I stopped letting the jail staff railroad me into giving them medical care. After several attempts to manipulate and threaten me failed (including accusations of drug abuse and misuse of private information), I was fired without notice for being “rude” to jail staff and I have never been so happy to walk away from a job. When I got my last paycheck it was short a week’s worth of pay and the company refused to pay me for any PTO time. To anyone looking to work for this company, I would suggest that you take great care in investigating what kind of people are in charge of the jail you are going to be working at. Even if AHC already knows the jail administration is crooked, they will do anything to keep the contract with the jail.  less
Pros
pay is on time and you get the weekends off.
Cons
read the review.
Demanding job with flexible hours
LPN (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 28, 2013
Must work with patients, department staff, dental staff, and medical and nursing staff, security staff at all levels, administrative and support staff, and all health service providers; comply with all current and future state, federal, and local laws and regulations; comply with court orders, medical department rules and the policies and procedures of Advanced Correctional Healthcare; Assess, plan, and deliver nursing care to detained and committed; Coordinate multiple medical services for diagnosis and treatment as directed by the physician; Maintain aseptic techniques and infection control precautions as required; Assist in screening of apparent emergencies for necessity and priority to be seen by the physician and conduct daily sick call screening; Check and change surgical dressings as required; Maintain working knowledge of pharmacology, including drug reaction/overdose; Maintain working knowledge of therapeutic diets and nutrition; Maintain working knowledge of social and behavioral sciences, particularly as applied to the correctional institutional setting; Be capable of giving CPR instructions and ability to take charge in a CPR emergency; Maintain the Problem Oriented Medical Record; Administer medications including IM injections upon physician’s orders; Recommend improved procedures, equipment, and supplies to Supervisor; Participate in periodic quality of care and chart review; Notify supervisor and complete written report for any medical or security incidents; Present/participate in in-service education sessions; Maintain professional attitude at all times; Any  more... and all other duties as assigned.  less