ADVANCED DERMATOLOGY AND COSMETIC SURGERY Employee Reviews

Only as a last resort
Scheduler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 28, 2017
All they care about is money. Each patient literally has a potential dollar amount attached to them according to their health issues. So it was important they follow through with all procedures even if some not necessary. They would accept Medicaid HMOs but would put better insurance patients ahead of them making the capitated Medicaid HMO's wait minimum 30 days even if there were tons of appts available. Dave Morrell is a dirtbag who doesn't care about employees you're very lucky if he remembers your name. They don't care about job/family balance. If you have a sick child they don't care you are replaceable. No recognition of good job well done one spoke to if you do something wrong. Glad I left, only good thing was I gained experience to work in Dr. Offices.
Pros
Gain medical exp.
Cons
Very short 30 min lunch, very strict 10min break, also timed bathroom breaks, (don't have stomach issues you'll get qritten up), don't bother working your butt off it will go unnoticed just do whats expected and leave.
I do not wish to write a review at this time.
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 10, 2017
The job is fast - paced and moderately stressful. The environment is supportive. It is somewhat difficult to maintain focus throughout the day. The work is fair but it is the team member that is very trying to condone.
Company too big
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJuly 23, 2017
The company is too big for them to care about their employees. There is no back up from office managers and the regional managers will not deal directly with low level employees. Loved the work I was doing, not the company.
Pros
Free lunches at times from Pharm reps.
Cons
Some days no lunch break or break at all.
Corporate that cares most about money
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 20, 2017
Advanced Derm is very money oriented They do not care about their patients. They only see dollar signs, not people. They do not care about their employees. They even told employees to go to work on the east coast during a mandatory evacuation due to a hurricane. They invest more money into buying up practices than investing in the offices they already have open. They ask you to drive an hour to another office to help when the office is short staffed but there is no paid travel.
Pros
Good benefits, possible overtime, paid holidays
Cons
Careless with employees, no paid travel, difficult to advance
Fun, Lively work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2017
The people at this office were just great to each other and to their patients. Honestly, the best place I've been employed yet.
its ok
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2017
This company used to be a good company, but it has gone down
hill. drama every where. plenty of clicks for sure. Watch what you say and how you say it. People get their feelings hurt very easy and upper people get a wind of it. you get in trouble.
Pros
you get to meet a lot of new people
Cons
you have a lot of people leaving
Interesting place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Gained experience in what its like to work at a doctors office. Enjoyed the daily interaction with patients. Its as a unique experience that I grew from and enjoyed.
Dr Singer is awesome, however some staff was not!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 2, 2016
I loved my patients and the job I did. However, I did not care for one employee and she made my job very difficult and was not a team player . I left and shortly after she was fired.
Pros
days 8-5
Cons
40 plus patients a day per Dr. It was very busy
Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery is where I finished my externship
Medical Assistant Externship (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLAugust 8, 2015
It was a very nice and clean office. Everyone worked well together. Very hands on and I learned a lot from them. I completed 160 hours with them and enjoyed everyday I worked there.
very poor management
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  fort LauderdaleFebruary 25, 2015
Too much drama & hostility among the employees. Not a good place for any long term stability or advancements. Management is rude to the girls. Not a professional work environment.
Great office space
Scheduler/Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 29, 2015
There's always plenty of work, not enough people to handle the load. Very poor management skills. HR is poorly managed. The hardest part of the day is dealing with management. The work is the easy part. If you have experience with insurance verification or scheduling they are always hiring.
Pros
You get you own cubicle
Cons
Very small lunch room
Fun-loving office
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 19, 2014
By far this was my favorite place to work.
Loved receiving free products from the reps and loved getting free services such as chemical peels.
Pros
free products and services
Awful
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort MyersAugust 12, 2014
Previously worked for them. The right hand does not know what the left is doing. Management is horrible...and the micro management is even worse.
With big companies it's all about the dollar. If you want to work for someone that cares about the patients...choose a small practice.
Pros
Its a job...Benefits
Cons
Drama...Poor Management...No managerial support.
Somewhat okay place to work with
Medical Assistant/ Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonAugust 6, 2014
Typical day consists of seeing patients, making calls, giving bx results, surgeries, cosmetic procedures, calling prescriptions, people calling out and having to cover for them. Working alone and not getting help from anyone. The nagging of the other staff. The weak management. I'm only talking about the Boca office in particular. Advance Dermatology in general I wouldn't consider a great place to work with if you're expecting them to pay well, to provide good benefits or to even offer career advancement opportunities. But if your young and desperate and need a job why not. Must say that some of the doctors there are great to work with, no doubt about that. You definitely do learn allot as well :)
Pros
excellent Doctors, great patients to work with
Cons
opportunity for raises and advancement little to non existent, even if you work hard and have a great demeanor.
Progressive company to work with.
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 29, 2014
A wonderful company who challenges you daily to strive for the best you can be.
Pros
Able to work independently
Cons
Educational and Informative place to work.
Medical Coding/Insurance Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Central FloridaOctober 27, 2013
A typical day consist of patient care, and providing support for the on staff medical providers. It's a teaching practice so you are constantly learning and being alowed the opportunity to further your education and advance.