Advanced Dermatology Employee Reviews

Advanced Dermatology was an excellent company to work for but the pay wasn't as high as I felt it should be.
CMA phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAMay 24, 2017
The doctors at advanced dermatology were absolutely wonderful to work for, treated employees very polite & very nice, the sweetest doctors I have ever had the pleasure of working for. I felt that the nurses were under paid slightly but the nice doctors made it worth it & it was an overall positive environment.
Pros
Polite doctors excellent staff
Cons
Pay wasn't as high as some places
Pay is poor
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYApril 18, 2017
Pay was very poor,
amount of work required did not match the pay that was given.
there is no on the job training. No medical benefits were offered.
Never leave at end of your shift
Fast paced environment.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, IL 60069April 12, 2017
Doctors, medical staff, and coworkers are amazing. Managers need more training on how to be to give praise and their approach and deliverance the productivity of the people who work so hard.
Pros
lots of perks and free lunch
Cons
only 30 min break
good company lack good administrative balance however
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 10, 2017
The company is great with allowing growth. The management team however needs more training on managing.

They lack good communication skills and things are never clearly explained.
Fun place to work
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2017
The only reason I left is because my mother was termanilly ill with cancer. It was a good work environment and loved the people. The patient and the people I work with was the most enjoyable
productive work place
Bill And Account Collector (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Small company with room to grow, was given proper training , great support system from coworkers, was given proper training.
Fast pace but fun environment
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Advanced Dermatology is a fun fast pace environment to work in. The patients are always a pleasure to deal with and it comforting to know that the staff can make a difference in so many people's life.
Pros
The patients and staff
Cons
N/a
awesome
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 22, 2017
it was a great work place. very friendly staff, free lunches every now and then. management was good. I learned a lot such as answering phone, checking insurance.
Knowledgable
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 2, 2017
This dermatology was caring and compassionate to all his patients. Staff had to be dismissed for lunch and at the end of the day even when the work day had ended
amazing
Back office and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 16, 2016
I love how professional this working environment is and also how sweet the people are. Its a joy doing what I love. Most enjoyable part of this jib is spending time with such amazing people.
Lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 17, 2016
Positive environment to work with , fast paced work place, busy office, popular office in the area, well established company, management works well with you ,
Pros
Easy managing
Cons
Short breaks
This company is a very productive place to work for.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAOctober 20, 2016
I worked several years through this company and I learned a lot from my supervisor and my co-workers and specially from the patients; in my honest opinion I rate this job a very good place to work for.
Front Office
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 15, 2016
Typical day was challenging and very busy, I learned a lot about insurance and how to work well with others. Management had to cover multiple locations so we were self motivated and definitely were responsible for our own work load. Hardest part of the job was telling patients they had to wait so long to be seen. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting some wonderful people and patients.
Pros
made a good friend
Cons
seeing people in pain
Fun, fast paced work environment
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILAugust 4, 2016
I have three years of medical office experience in a dermatology practice. I have one year of experience as a patient receptionist where I was responsible for checking in and correctly entering insurance information from patients, courteously answering phones in a timely manner and returning calls to patients that left messages, collect any balances such as copayment, co-insure or other balances on a patients account. I have two years of experience as a Billing Coordinator. In this capacity I was responsible for obtaining precertification and predeterminations for leg vein procedures, insurance filings, understanding explanations of benefits, explaining bills to patients, and providing cost estimates for medical procedures.
Very interesting place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 23, 2016
Typical work day would start at a main office in Moline and would travel to a satellite office to see patients. Skin procedures were done. Removal of skin cancer, tags. Learned a lot about how to prevent skin cancer and how to watch for signs of cancer. Management was always by phone if needed for satellite office. Co-workers were always helping when needed and scheduled patients to not over schedule surgery. Hardest part of the job was seeing the face of a patient diagnosed with skin cancer. Most enjoyable was when cancer was cleared.
Pros
Working one on one with the doctor
Cons
Traveling early hours
Daily Duties
Medical biller (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 19, 2016
Check all vaccines storage temperatures. Roll over telephones.
Post all claims. Verify insurance benefits for all patients on daily schedule. Follow up on all lab orders and specialists orders.
Check in and out patients.
Inventory of medical and office supplies.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Closing
Data-entry
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMay 26, 2016
Best and easiest job I've had. All the employees are great!! Not stressful at all, managers are very nice! I left because I wanted more of a challenge and more money. It was data-entry, so your entering reports all day. But great job!
zyGreat place to learn about dermatology.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 10, 2016
Great place to learn about dermatology, Each day is something new. Surgery day is the crazy and l long but the joy of seeing a patient leave out cancer free is the best. The turnover rate is high.
Unprofessional maanagement and potential hostile environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 10, 2016
High staff turn over rate.Supervisors are allowed to speak to staff using harsh tones and profanity with no repercussions. The workload is hectic due to lack of proper training in other departments The work itself is ok but the management and workload is terrible and can cause a great deal of stress.
Pros
job security
Cons
hostile work environment
Billing department is a nightmare
data entry billing department (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 19, 2016
Management in the billing department is very unfriendly. Lots of gossip. There is one manager who is extremely neurotic and constantly walks past you all day asking if you have any work for her yet. Very nerve wracking and they are some of the meanest, unfriendly people. They treat temporary workers like they are nobody and dogs. I was glad to be gone from that place.
Pros
Cons
They act like you are not supposed to go to the bathroom or take a little break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Dermatology. Our community is ready to answer.