Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal Services Employee Reviews in United States

NOT Good HR and Purchasing Department
REGIONAL MAINTENANCE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLJuly 16, 2016
You had to be in the "click" to get moved up or not laid off. They would talk behind your back. Would spend company money on personal outings.
Pros
Cons
Enviroment
Company not a good fit for my needs and ambitions
Dispatcher/Route Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIJune 20, 2016
Advanced Disposal is a growing waste management industry. Current office employed at is going through many structural change. I am looking for a company that is a better fit for my career ambitions and closer to my residence.
Pros
Pay compensation and benefts
Cons
Management and communication
Great employer
ROUTE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers Beach, FLMay 19, 2016
Works for this company from 2012 to 2015. The management is great, pay and bonuses are great on management side. Friendly work environment. Made a mistake by leaving and would look forward to going back to this company one day
Busy
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAMay 16, 2016
I have grown the training from ground zero. After 1/12 years I am the floor trainer but am not compensated or recognized for my efforts. I love the work and the people.
Pros
people
Cons
compensation
Very Political Work Place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Claypool, INMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work for Advanced Disposal consisted of putting out numerous fires due to lack of good equipment and training. I learned very little in my time there because of poor senior management not listening to the concerns that were hampering the divisions. The people I worked closest with were the reason I kept coming to work. They really wanted to make a difference, but were unable to. The hardest part of my job was listening to concerns I had no power to correct. The most enjoyable part was seeing my subordinates develop.
Pros
Setting my own schedule for the most part.
Cons
Terrible benefits
Horrible people
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 24, 2016
Horrible hypocrites who do not know when to bend on rule that don't work and are quick to punish and fire. Incompetently ran. More Chiefs there than Indians. Do not recommend ever working for them, the benefits or any perks they shell out at your are not worth it in the long run. Should not even be in business anymore.
Management causes so much of our problems. They make it almost unbearable to work here.
Front Load Driver (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 23, 2016
Management stinks.From the top down to the bottom.Our GM.Is never around and our site manager or opps manager is very ignorant and nasty. There's no communication. They rush training. Pay is all over the map. Management promotes favoritism. We need a complete make over with our current management team. At our location in Norristown,Pa,our management is our big problem. Maybe corporate will at least hear us out and try to fix our disfyuntional site. We love our job, but hate our leaders.
Pros
There's unity among some of us.
Cons
Management stinks.
nice enviroment
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 19, 2016
Enjoyed the people I work with and the environment. Unfortunately I do not see much room for advancement. Hardest part of the job is that is was very repetitive and not very challenging.
Challaging Enviroment
Dispatch/Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2016
The perfect place to be pushed to meet your limits. Always a way to help you improve to your fullest potentials which allows you grow as a team member
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 4, 2016
Do not have any thoughts or opinions of your own, expect not to have all the resources needed to perform your job. Poor training.
Bad place to work,bad management.
Mechanic & lead tech. (Current Employee) –  Mc Clellandtown, PAMarch 2, 2016
Worked there 3 years had 8 Maintenance Managers in 2 1/2 years. Management made it very hard to do your job because of the fear of getting fired they put cameras everywhere to try to catch you doing something wrong so they can fire you. Safety was not a important part of Management daily plan to get the job done .they put trucks on the road that they knew should not be on the road because of safety reasons . this put everyone in danger and they did not care as long as they made money.
Pros
very little to say did not see any pros to this job.
Cons
company is divided everyone trying to stabe everyone else in the back to get ahead of each other, no training when ask for it.

Comment – April 6, 2016

That's 9 Maintenance Managers in 3 years. They just lost another Manager.

advanced disposal had its unfortunete perpectives
Runner/Helper (Former Employee) –  Northampton, PAFebruary 18, 2016
a typical day at work was early morning rising, throwing trash, management was not very fair I feel, my co workers were respectable, my hardest part of the day was working in snow or rain, the most enjoyable part of the day was when the sun was out and it was nice weather
I am not the person to ask
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAFebruary 13, 2016
Many years in the industry and I would not go back under current management and structure. Departmental lines are blurred and upper management is not interested in promoting a cohesive team structure with boundaries. Managers are vindictive and unprofessional by targeting people in lower positions to exact their revenge. If you are offered a position at their Ball Ground Georgia Location you would be wise to pass.
Pros
High Salaries
Cons
Wrong People
Poor Vehicle Conditions
Automatic Side Loader Driver (Former Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAFebruary 11, 2016
Their Trucks are in very poor condition.
They break down almost on a daily basis.
Although it is required, there is never enough time to take a real lunch break and finish a designated route.
Pros
Benefits Provided
Cons
Poor Vehicle Conditions, No real time to take a decent lunch break
Horrible trucks,
Residential garbage route driver. (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIFebruary 7, 2016
The trucks are broke down more than they are on the road, maintenance does nothing to fix the trucks. They steal parts off one truck to put them on the other truck. They don't even stock turn signals. I was lied to about a sign on bonus and getting a raise after my 90 days. They lost a lot of routes at the first of the year and have extra people so that means loss of over time but they keep hiring.
Ok company
RESIDENTIAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALFebruary 4, 2016
They were ok to work for. The management wasn't as helpful as I would have liked but the hours were ok. The good thing was, the route was consistent from day to day.
Great place to work for a dedicated person with potential.
Forklift operator/Line operator (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIJanuary 29, 2016
Typical work day consisted of line work, machien operation and clean up. I learned a great deal on safety and first aid. Management was excellent and would say it was the best I have seen to date. Coworkers were great people who needed money and were willing to work hard for it. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job as all of it.
Pros
30 minute lunch with two 15 minute breaks, good hours, great people, overall excellent job.
Cons
The only con would be the sorting of recyclable material. It can get pretty nasty.
Good place to gain experience in hauling industry.
Divisional Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2016
As divisional office manager gained experience at multi tasking and adjusting to an ever changing environment. Learned to manage diverse group of employees.
Great Company
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILJanuary 11, 2016
Excellent company and great employees. They are very understandable and helpful within the job function and needs. This job has expanded my training abilities and customer service experiences.
Very busy days in my position.
Dispatcher/Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Difficult to perform position. Manager would make changes to next day schedule and would not inform me of the changes.
I only found out if a customer called complaining.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long busy hectic days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Disposal Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9