Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal Services Employee Reviews

Interesting work enviroment with people who treat you like family.
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), Northampton, PaAugust 14, 2015
Pros: job environment, hours, and commission.
Cons: benefits and standard opeational issues.
Trash is not as easy as just placing in a bag and placing it out at the curb. You will learn something new everyday with all of the different lines of businesses the company offers. I have learned so much about unacceptable material and why, how to properly dispose certain items and the cost of disposal. Once you are in the trash industry it is hard to leave, it makes you want to learn more and more each day. My co-workers and I strive to be the best we can each day to assist and educate our customers. The best part of the job is helping customers with any issues they may have experienced and get resolution in a timely and efficient manner. I love learning so I am able to help and train others.
enjoyed job, customers
Area Collections Manager/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Salaried Employee, Mon-Fri job
Cons: management changes
I enjoyed my job, could get stressful at times making sure we made the monthly budget. Enjoy working with numbers and being able to help the customers as much as possible. During the 10 years I was there I had several people over me. Management was always changing. That is what I hated the most.
The could do better
Driver (Current Employee), Callahan, FLAugust 1, 2015
Pros: great work schedule
Cons: equipment not the best, managment not alway good
I loved this job 6 years ago but now its not as good it was bought out and now they management is lazy and don't like to help employees
Productive and good work environment
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Ball Ground, GAJuly 22, 2015
Company was good to work for and offered many promotion opportunities. The management team was really good and effective, they would make sure their employees needs were met. The most complicated part of this job is there are days were you are placed under a lot of stress to complete projects, but other than that it was an amazing work experience
Review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 8, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy. I work in a very fast pace environment and I work after 4:30PM most evenings just to get all the paperwork done. My co-workers are all great and I love my boss there is just no upward mobility in Decatur. The hardest part of my job is the mean customers which I am wanting to get away from. I feel as if Advanced Disposal takes great care of their employees with benefits, incentives and lunches. We also get surprise bonuses at the discretion our General Manager who is amazing. One great about ADS is that they require you to do so much it prepares you to stretch yourself so far that you can work anywhere and be able to handle it. I often think "how much work do they want one person to do?"
had a lot of good times there
driver cdl class b fel commerical roll off (Former Employee), Batavia, ILJuly 5, 2015
i loved it there sorry im gone now company was great to work for started off as a little shop called onyx and grow over the past 13 yrs i was there ppl there are great co workers also
Great place to get work experience.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Gaston, SCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great hours and benefits.
Cons: Havent had one yet.
A day at the job is always different. Sometimes its a easy day and sometimes not. I learned a lot just from being there and working with other that have more experience than I have. The managers are great and willing to work with you. I would say the hardest part of the job is when things get a little difficult finding the solution to the problem. And the best part of the job to me is seeing the truck running after you've fixed it.
An okay company
Mechanic (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAJune 2, 2015
great benefits but its in the garbage business and very stressful work environment and strict corporate regulations and rules.
Easy-going and Productive Environment
Assistant (Former Employee), Zion, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: Long lunch breaks, Easy tasks
My typical day consisted monitoring traffic flow for soil removal operations, reported daily flow to general manager and other duties as assigned. I learned that something always needs to be done. The tasks are endless but in the long run I know I'm making a difference. It's good to be kept busy all day anyway, otherwise it would be a boring shift. The management was able to help me through everything. Whenever I needed to call them with questions, they were able to assist me with anything. They were very knowledgable and knew what they were doing. My co-workers were very friendly to me and were able to help through difficulties as well. The hardest part of the job was identifying unlabeled trucks that were coming in to take the soil. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a good impression on the manager.
Zero sales structure and poor management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: I liked my job and the people I worked with
Cons: Poor sales managment, Outdated CRM, Poor commission program, Chasing the competition
I was hired by a sales manager that was fired one month later and not replace for over 6 months. In the same period of time the area manager, ops manager and maintenance manager was replaced as well. I was basically self taught and on my own. I managed to generate contracts worth over 2.7 million dollars in the first 8 months of employment and was rewarded by being put on probation. A new sales manager was hired and two months later I was let go. Is this the kind of company you want to be a part of?
better management
HELPER (Former Employee), jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good schedule
Cons: As a helper, more safety gear should be provided
I think that the company could enhance better safety for employees and more safety equipment. The co-workers were mostly rude.
could be better
csr (Former Employee), ILMay 5, 2015
your basic corporate company.
management is lacking.
promotions are few.
no one know what they are doing
its a free for all
Working together
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Going to work everyday
Cons: Being let go for down sizing.
It was a good day when all employee's showed up to get the job done Team work was very important as well as Safety First and Service Always.
Fast Growing Company
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2015
Great Industry. Great Job security. Long hours. Decent compensation for time. Great group of employees to work with. Plenty of room for advancement.
Interesting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, KYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: new experience
Cons: smelly at times
Learned how the disposal business works. Scanned the disposal documents into the computers. The staff was nice and welcoming to me the three days that I was there on the temporary assignment. The only difficult part was that all staff use the same machine for copying and printing which held up progress some.
Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fort AtkinsonMarch 10, 2015
Pros: freedom of the road
Cons: schedule
I enjoyed the pay
home every night
Earned my class B
I matured real fast with all the responsibility
I collected garbage and recycling
Horrible
Residential Driver for Garbage (Current Employee), Green Cove SpringsMarch 1, 2015
Since I am a currently an employee I can say that the benefits are good but there isn't anything done for individual employee. Benefits that are mandatory and all things done are for the company.
If you plan on getting a job with the largest sanitation company in the U.S. and plan on getting anything but a paycheck and benefits go somewhere else.
Driver (Former Employee), Fort AtkinsonFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: learned to be a better driver.
Cons: unpredictable hours
Daily activities included in pretrip inspections, driving out to the route. Completing the route in a safely and timely manor. helping other drivers that may need it. I learned how to use the Smith System Defensive drive training. Management was fair, tough and fun. coworkers were fun to be around with. The hardest part was the unpredictable hours the best part was the pay
Okay
Divisional Safety Manager (Current Employee), Muskego, WIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: travel
Travel from site to site. Review OSHA required programs, audit safety programs and DOT. Review injures and accident with claim reports.
Great Place To Work
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIFebruary 18, 2015
I loved my Collections position and I was good at it! They centralized the job so I was forced to take another position. I talked to customers all day collecting payments on past due accounts. Outsiders would always make comments about what horrible job it was. I never thought so. I maybe got yelled at once or twice but unfortunately had relationships with a lot of customers willing to pay.
Headquarters