Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal Services United States Employee Reviews

Fast Growing Company
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2015
Great Industry. Great Job security. Long hours. Decent compensation for time. Great group of employees to work with. Plenty of room for advancement.
Interesting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, KYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: new experience
Cons: smelly at times
Learned how the disposal business works. Scanned the disposal documents into the computers. The staff was nice and welcoming to me the three days that I was there on the temporary assignment. The only difficult part was that all staff use the same machine for copying and printing which held up progress some.
Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fort AtkinsonMarch 10, 2015
Pros: freedom of the road
Cons: schedule
I enjoyed the pay
home every night
Earned my class B
I matured real fast with all the responsibility
I collected garbage and recycling
Horrible
Residential Driver for Garbage (Current Employee), Green Cove SpringsMarch 1, 2015
Since I am a currently an employee I can say that the benefits are good but there isn't anything done for individual employee. Benefits that are mandatory and all things done are for the company.
If you plan on getting a job with the largest sanitation company in the U.S. and plan on getting anything but a paycheck and benefits go somewhere else.
Driver (Former Employee), Fort AtkinsonFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: learned to be a better driver.
Cons: unpredictable hours
Daily activities included in pretrip inspections, driving out to the route. Completing the route in a safely and timely manor. helping other drivers that may need it. I learned how to use the Smith System Defensive drive training. Management was fair, tough and fun. coworkers were fun to be around with. The hardest part was the unpredictable hours the best part was the pay
Okay
Divisional Safety Manager (Current Employee), Muskego, WIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: travel
Travel from site to site. Review OSHA required programs, audit safety programs and DOT. Review injures and accident with claim reports.
Great Place To Work
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIFebruary 18, 2015
I loved my Collections position and I was good at it! They centralized the job so I was forced to take another position. I talked to customers all day collecting payments on past due accounts. Outsiders would always make comments about what horrible job it was. I never thought so. I maybe got yelled at once or twice but unfortunately had relationships with a lot of customers willing to pay.
Awesome company to work for
Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: working with the ceo, cao, and cfo
Cons: no room for advancement
I learned a lot about payables from processing invoices, to reviewing purchase orders, to the vendor set up and budgeting.
Exciting
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), FLFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed working with Advanced Disposal Services as a Receptionist/ Sale Representive, it was very busy at times with the telephones ringing. I enjoyed the calls some of the people whom I came intacted with was funny some rude and some just lonely and wanted to talk to you. But I always keep busy to make the days go by quicker. I really enjoyed this job just wish I wan't laid off.
REVIEW
CDL Class B Driver (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good starting pay
Cons: corruption with our union and they will lie to there employees along with harass them
every morning we would start with a pre trip inspection before we head out to the route to collect trash and come back at the end of the day and punch out
No training- No Management Structure
Outside Sales Executive (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILJanuary 22, 2015
All day you worked hard to put out fires for your existing customers, while at the same time being held to a metric of goals for gaining new business. To much to do to work effectively in a territory. Sales structure needs to be changed. They tell you to "out sell your losses". Impossible to do. Garbage Never stops.
good pay for the job
Transfer station operator (Former Employee), Boonville, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: decent pay for the job
Cons: poor training that led to termination
Good pay for the job but poor training that led to termination. terminated because I wasn't learning the job due to the trainer doing it for me.
Friendly work environment
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Nocatee, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Growing company
Exciting to work with new procedures and challenges.
Good group of people to work with
OK I Guess
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: job security, routine schedule
Cons: not much in the way of advancements (at least at the facility i worked), health hazards and dangers of a refuse truck and the landfill.
Drive truck through neighborhoods; go to landfill.....repeat M-F.
interesting work, but not a good enviroment.
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GADecember 31, 2014
It was hard work when it was cold because of the big tires being so stiff ,and overall though the work was pretty good.
it was a nice place because i learned how to make salsa
grabage loader (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 16, 2014
Pros: we could sometimes eat some of the product
Cons: we got breaks every two hours.
This was a good job because most of the time i was loading truck, but at times i would work the line and clean after the shift was over. i worked around some nice employees
don't work for this company
Driver (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 8, 2014
horrible company to work for if you are gay.

They lie to you about work
Interesting and Diverse Work Environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: very comfortable facility with ample parking spaces in a secured area.
Cons: not too many vacation days in this industry
Very Interesting place with a wide range of tasks. From establishing and terminating accounts, billing, setting up payment plans, processing payments and general customer profile updates. Checking voicemails and responding to customer inquiries to collect garbage and recycling efficiently and effectively.There is so much more going on behind the scenes for what seems to be a rather simple day to day task.
Fun and very flexiable
Collections (Former Employee), Batavia, ILOctober 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches, laid back
Cons: late nights and no bonuses
a day at work is easy going, my management set assignments for us to meet, co workers are very easy going and friendly,the hardest part of my job is working very late hours, the most enjoyable part of my job is the money and the position as well as the co workers.
Satisfactory
Account Manager - Sales (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexiable
Cons: no follow through on changes and changes without warning
Going through changes with new leadership. You need a lot of knowledge and experience with this company. Helpful coworkers

1 2 3 4

About Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal is the largest privately-owned environmental services company in the United States providing integrated, non-hazardous – Read more

Advanced Disposal Services Salaries