Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal Services Employer Reviews

Fast paced company
Corporate EE (Former Employee), Ponte Vedra, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: solid long term propsect
The company is in a profitable industry and continues to improve and grow. They expect you to be fully dedicated to the job, if you are and you do a good job, they treat you right.

New senior management in the company will improve the company in short order.

Lot of activity in the industry. Acquisitions and divestiture to get the right mix of assets – more... to maximize profits. This generates a lot of turn in the organization and make it a fast paced company to work for. – less
Good Company
CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Ball Ground, GAMarch 18, 2014
Solid Company
Good Pay
Good Opportunities to promote
Good many locations to work at in the south, east, Midwest
Superiors seem fine to promote from within
productive and very fast paced!
Helper (Current Employee), jacksonville flMarch 15, 2014
Pros: my driver improvises alot and we work as a team!
Cons: it's very hard to get help from supervisors.
I believe more drivers can be hired to help secure some of the routes!
Welcome to high school
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), U.S.February 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: customers, corporate management
Answer phones, have people swear at you because trash was missed or bill went up because of company increases. Customers are typically rude and complain about everything: trash missed, billing wrong, equipment is damaged, etc. You have to be able to handle the ridiculous company called "Tooty" who pretend to be customers by having people pretend to – more... be the customers in the system, which means they spoof the customers number and say they are the customers name and grade you on the call. Any, and I mean ANY miss up you do, downgrade. Say "um, uh, or pause," downgrade. Go out of order on your sheet, downgrade. Don't try to promote other products, downgrade. Don't ask questions that shouldn't be asked, downgrade. And too many bad scores under a certain percent means you are fired.

If you want to be a Customer Service Rep at Advanced Disposal... Be careful. – less
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), NorthbrookJanuary 29, 2014
• Provide customers with product and service information.
• Research, identify and resolve customer questions, suggestions and complaints.
• Daily maintenance of customer data base.
• Answer incoming company email inquiries from website.
• Research billing issues and reconcile daily cash balances.
• Meet and exceed monthly customer service evaluations.
 – more... Sales support and retention.
• Prepare roll off quotes and commercial service agreements. – less
A Day in Garbage
Accounting and Collections Agent (Current Employee), Colu7mbia SCJanuary 13, 2014
I have been with Advanced Disposal for over 3 years. I started as the receptionist but the management team provided opportunities to learn and grow in each aspect of the garbage industry. My work day is busy but fulfilling. I work for several different offices even though I am located in SC. My day consists of everything from delivering excellent customer – more... service to making collection calls. The most interesting part of my job is that each day is different. – less
awesome place of employment if u can get past smell lol
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 8, 2014
did a lot of things for community and less fortunate families which you don't find a lot anymore
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIOctober 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work is, punched in at 8am, start up my computer, listen to voice mails, call customers back and get feedbacks, get customers to resigned agreements, update contracts, make 30 outgoing phone calls per day.
Cmpetitive pay
Driver (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: competitive pay, decent benifits, management easy to work with
Cons: long hours
Good work enviornment with management that looks out for their drivers.Military friendly.
no hours
mechanic (Former Employee), floridaSeptember 5, 2013
Cons: no hours and being lied to
It is an ok company if you don't mind being lied to and not getting the hours that you were promised When you were hired.the only way to get 40 was to work 6 days.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Kersey, PAAugust 30, 2013
Not A Family Oriented workplace. They need you to work untill 10pm whell then guess what.
Fast moving and growing company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Ponte Vedra, FLAugust 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches mondays, great atmosphere, clean
Cons: location
The day starts with emails and working through invoices throughout the day. Calling and taking calls from vendors to ensure payment on time. In my experince here I have learned time management, along with working with coworkers as a team. I have earned to process and cut checks and the accounting process. The hardest part of the job was disappointing – more... the vendors due to outside factors like the Postal Service in delivery of the payment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different personalities and learning to work as a team. – less
Hard Work, but good rewards for it
Residential Garbage Man (Former Employee), Hartland, WIJuly 9, 2013
Pros: good benefits, rewards for staying safe
Cons: hard work, drive cam
A typical day would start with a safety meeting with some stretching afterwords. After that I would get to my truck and go to my route for the day. Depending how long it took, I would help my co workers with their routes after finishing mine. When the routes were completed, I would drive to the landfill to dump my truck, then drive back to the base.

This – more... job taught me what hard work was really like as we would work in all conditions, rain or shine, summer and winter.

I got along fairly well with my co-workers and the management, although we would be connected only by CB radio or cell phone for the majority of the time.

The hardest part of the job was working in some of the more extreme conditions, such as when the temperature was in the 90 to 100 degree range or the below zero range.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting complimented by the customers for doing my job. – less
Nice place to work , friendly staff
Mechanic (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 7, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: weekends
Nice place to work . Management is very friendly and show genuine concern for their employees . Co workers are very nice as well almost like a family run business . Only down side is working weekends . Wish I could have stayed with them . Would recommend this job to any career minded heavy truck technician .
Fun work place with a friendly enviroment
Operations Trainee (Former Employee), Macon, GAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: expense account, and gas card, company vehicle, cell phone
Cons: always on call
• Dispatching using TRUX Software
• Customer Service & Call-In maintenance
• Special Projects ( build fences / damage assesment)
• New Account Set Up (commercial and residential)
• Facility safety & over all cleanliness
Exposed to new job assignments.
Customer service, Accounts receivalbles (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: advancement, salary, hours, and benifits.
Cons: lack of communication.
Answering multiple phone lines, resolving issues, processing A/Rs,filing, data entry.
Guide-lines and requirements from the city.
Was not always their when needed.
Not team players.
Learning new procedures.
Very fun place to work.
Dispatcher/Admin. Coordinator (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 26, 2012
Pros: satisfied customers would sometimes invite you to lunch or company did lunch.
Cons: no cons.
Each day was different. I learned many thing about how certain procedures worked. Some of the management spent a lot of time listening to their employees and making changes to accommodate their needs which made it the company very productive. We all worked as a team and that is what I really loved about this job. Even if you got frustrated about something – more... that you didn't understand you felt comfortable enough to ask a co-worker or management to explain it to. – less
Treated me very well. Had my own office.
Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSDecember 5, 2012
I enjoyed working here. The people were great, and I was able to be very productive. I wish they had not lost that large contract.
low wages, long hours and no respect
Sales Administrator/Customer Service (Former Employee), norcross, gaNovember 29, 2012
Pros: bennies
Cons: no raises, long hours, no support from mgt
low wages, long hours, no support from mgt and no respect..was there for over a year and no raise
Great place to test your skills and learn more
Shop supervisor (Current Employee), Norcross, GANovember 10, 2012
Pros: ability to move around in the company
Cons: requires alot of physical strength
Every one in the departments work together to get the job done.

About Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal is the largest privately-owned environmental services company in the United States providing integrated, non-hazardous – Read more