Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal Services Employee Reviews

An okay company
Mechanic (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAJune 2, 2015
great benefits but its in the garbage business and very stressful work environment and strict corporate regulations and rules.
Easy-going and Productive Environment
Assistant (Former Employee), Zion, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: Long lunch breaks, Easy tasks
My typical day consisted monitoring traffic flow for soil removal operations, reported daily flow to general manager and other duties as assigned. I learned that something always needs to be done. The – more... tasks are endless but in the long run I know I'm making a difference. It's good to be kept busy all day anyway, otherwise it would be a boring shift. The management was able to help me through everything. Whenever I needed to call them with questions, they were able to assist me with anything. They were very knowledgable and knew what they were doing. My co-workers were very friendly to me and were able to help through difficulties as well. The hardest part of the job was identifying unlabeled trucks that were coming in to take the soil. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a good impression on the manager. – less
Zero sales structure and poor management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: I liked my job and the people I worked with
Cons: Poor sales managment, Outdated CRM, Poor commission program, Chasing the competition
I was hired by a sales manager that was fired one month later and not replace for over 6 months. In the same period of time the area manager, ops manager and maintenance manager was replaced as well. I – more... was basically self taught and on my own. I managed to generate contracts worth over 2.7 million dollars in the first 8 months of employment and was rewarded by being put on probation. A new sales manager was hired and two months later I was let go. Is this the kind of company you want to be a part of? – less
better management
HELPER (Former Employee), jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good schedule
Cons: As a helper, more safety gear should be provided
I think that the company could enhance better safety for employees and more safety equipment. The co-workers were mostly rude.
could be better
csr (Former Employee), ILMay 5, 2015
your basic corporate company.
management is lacking.
promotions are few.
no one know what they are doing
its a free for all
Working together
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Going to work everyday
Cons: Being let go for down sizing.
It was a good day when all employee's showed up to get the job done Team work was very important as well as Safety First and Service Always.
Fast Growing Company
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2015
Great Industry. Great Job security. Long hours. Decent compensation for time. Great group of employees to work with. Plenty of room for advancement.
Interesting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, KYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: new experience
Cons: smelly at times
Learned how the disposal business works. Scanned the disposal documents into the computers. The staff was nice and welcoming to me the three days that I was there on the temporary assignment. The only difficult part was that all staff use the same machine for copying and printing which held up progress some.
Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fort AtkinsonMarch 10, 2015
Pros: freedom of the road
Cons: schedule
I enjoyed the pay
home every night
Earned my class B
I matured real fast with all the responsibility
I collected garbage and recycling
Horrible
Residential Driver for Garbage (Current Employee), Green Cove SpringsMarch 1, 2015
Since I am a currently an employee I can say that the benefits are good but there isn't anything done for individual employee. Benefits that are mandatory and all things done are for the company.
If you plan on getting a job with the largest sanitation company in the U.S. and plan on getting anything but a paycheck and benefits go somewhere else.
Driver (Former Employee), Fort AtkinsonFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: learned to be a better driver.
Cons: unpredictable hours
Daily activities included in pretrip inspections, driving out to the route. Completing the route in a safely and timely manor. helping other drivers that may need it. I learned how to use the Smith System Defensive drive training. Management was fair, tough and fun. coworkers were fun to be around with. The hardest part was the unpredictable hours the best part was the pay
Okay
Divisional Safety Manager (Current Employee), Muskego, WIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: travel
Travel from site to site. Review OSHA required programs, audit safety programs and DOT. Review injures and accident with claim reports.
Great Place To Work
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIFebruary 18, 2015
I loved my Collections position and I was good at it! They centralized the job so I was forced to take another position. I talked to customers all day collecting payments on past due accounts. Outsiders would always make comments about what horrible job it was. I never thought so. I maybe got yelled at once or twice but unfortunately had relationships with a lot of customers willing to pay.
Awesome company to work for
Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: working with the ceo, cao, and cfo
Cons: no room for advancement
I learned a lot about payables from processing invoices, to reviewing purchase orders, to the vendor set up and budgeting.
Exciting
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), FLFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed working with Advanced Disposal Services as a Receptionist/ Sale Representive, it was very busy at times with the telephones ringing. I enjoyed the calls some of the people whom I came intacted with was funny some rude and some just lonely and wanted to talk to you. But I always keep busy to make the days go by quicker. I really enjoyed this job just wish I wan't laid off.
REVIEW
CDL Class B Driver (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good starting pay
Cons: corruption with our union and they will lie to there employees along with harass them
every morning we would start with a pre trip inspection before we head out to the route to collect trash and come back at the end of the day and punch out
No training- No Management Structure
Outside Sales Executive (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILJanuary 22, 2015
All day you worked hard to put out fires for your existing customers, while at the same time being held to a metric of goals for gaining new business. To much to do to work effectively in a territory. Sales structure needs to be changed. They tell you to "out sell your losses". Impossible to do. Garbage Never stops.
good pay for the job
Transfer station operator (Former Employee), Boonville, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: decent pay for the job
Cons: poor training that led to termination
Good pay for the job but poor training that led to termination. terminated because I wasn't learning the job due to the trainer doing it for me.
Friendly work environment
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Nocatee, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Growing company
Exciting to work with new procedures and challenges.
Good group of people to work with
OK I Guess
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: job security, routine schedule
Cons: not much in the way of advancements (at least at the facility i worked), health hazards and dangers of a refuse truck and the landfill.
Drive truck through neighborhoods; go to landfill.....repeat M-F.

1 2 3 4

About Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal is the largest privately-owned environmental services company in the United States providing integrated, non-hazardous – Read more

Advanced Disposal Services Salaries