Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal Services Employer Reviews

Very fun place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
Enjoyed every day that I went to work
Management very involved in daily activity.
Co-workers always willing to help one another
Garbage collections driver
Driver (Former Employee), Batavia, ILAugust 21, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: mgnt.
Bought by a group planning to make a quick buck and sell the place off again onyx veiolia advanced. Drive cams used to fire mostly workers at scale so they can bring in temps for lower pay and no insurance got to love it.
A solid team to work with....
Lead Driver (Current Employee), Mobile,AlAugust 16, 2014
Pros: quality peers to work with....
Cons: none....:).....
We have an excellent crew of drivers here at Advanced Disposal and are complimented with an excellent service dept as well.
Great place to work for, with pleasant co-workers
Commercial Collection (Former Employee), Main floorJuly 9, 2014
Pros: collectiing the most money
Cons: when i lost the collection game
When I got to work, I would pull my list of call to make for the day, and I learned how to call customers about the money they owe with out making them angry, and management was great I learned a lot from them, my co-workers were fun to be around , the hardest part of the job is when my manager would put us in competition on how much $ we would collect, – more... I did win a few. the most enjoyable part of the job is when I did win the competition. – less
Customer Service/Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Easton, PAJune 30, 2014
A typical day of work consist of answering inbound calls, entering data, recording data in the system and on paper. I've learned a better way to deal with people when they are frustrated. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy at the end of our conversation. My co-workers were very enjoyable, fun to work with, and also very – more... easy to get along with. – less
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 25, 2014
I have learned a lot about the waste industry.
Garbage and Recycle people work very hard.
What you learned
Administrative Assistant/Human Resources (Former Employee), Sumrall, MSJune 16, 2014
Cons: poor upper management
the company hires through diversity and when they get whats in for them they will get rid of you. No respect for fellow employees and will say anything because of power.
Absolutely the worst company I ever worked for.
Manager (Former Employee), Midwest RegionJune 13, 2014
Since Veolia sold to Advanced, everything has deteriorated. Management is poor, prices are high, trucks are not maintained, bad attitudes prevail, culture is pure profitability at everyone's expense, and service is deteriorating. Think long and hard before working for ADS.
Badly managed office environment
Office Employee (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: too many managers
Office Manager hires friends and family, then targets existing employees to get rid of them in order to give friends/family more opportunities.
Good company to work for.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Chilton, WIJune 2, 2014
Enjoyable, good company to work for and I would recommend it.
long days, no set end time
garbage/recycling driver (Former Employee), Sturgeon Bay, WIMay 30, 2014
semi relaxed start time, but long days with no set end time. co-workers are good, almost all work together to help have same end time or lesson work loads
Hard working job
Recycler (Former Employee), Germantown, WIMay 28, 2014
Pros: 45 min lunch break
Cons: very hard work
A typical day at work was busy, fast, and hard work. I learned of to knock-off metal, operate a machine, and mold. The management was wonderful here and also my co- workers. The hardest part of the job was lifting, while the most enjoyable part was working hard.
Fun and safe work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Cumming, GaMay 22, 2014
Pros: i love everything about this company
Cons: temporary position
Energetic workroom with exciting co-workers. Everyday the job is done and another customer satisfied. Being at advance disposal made me grow as a person and as a hard worker.
Beat down, no respect, upper management is very poor
employee (Current Employee), Southeast WisconsinMay 22, 2014
Pros: trash will never go away. plenty of over overtime
Cons: managers, trucks, lied to, lack of leadership, never get days off you request
Been with the company for several years. When it was Veolia it was good but since Advanced took over it is the worst company ever. The upper Management is really unreasonable and making things very uncomfortable for middle managers to be good. I have no trust with them as things change drastic. I do not feel there is a solid future for anyone there – more... and the stress level are not worth the fight. The trucks are beat down and cannot get fixed proper, as a employee you are to do as I am told but when questions come up there is no solution from uppers. I wish anyone good luck here but I think it is a very poor run company – less
If you love to work hard, here is your place
Driver (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, medical, vision, 401 k plan, paid vacation
Cons: no performance bonuses, no accident free bonuses, salary not competitive
A typical work day starts at 5:00 am and it extends most of the time past 3 pm in many occasions until 5:00 pm or past, until the last customer is serviced. A part of management has a lot of experience, while another part of management has no experience related to your particular job thus hindering performance and productivity from your part. The hardest – more... part of the job is to drive a truck and collect residential trash of approximately 900 to 1200 houses in the summer time when these trucks engines generate lots of extra heat. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you go on vacation. – less
Long hours bad trucks
Residential Driver (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMay 14, 2014
Pros: benefits ok
Cons: bad equipment low pay
Worked out of st. Cloud location. Great guys that work there but there trucks constantly break down. OK job if you like lots of hours but low wage. Old equipment, mechanics just rig stuff up to get you through the day. Don't fix anything right. High turnover rate.
Management is unique
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Monroe, GAMay 13, 2014
Pros: long hours 13 hour days five days a week and some saturdays
Cons: long hours 13 hour days five days a week and some saturdays
The company is a good business. I enjoyed the work. Long days and no pay increase for layman but management was always getting raises and bonuses. Always did well here, management is hostile to workers. They have their picks and the hard part was working for a good company with a bad boss.
Only management people were important or valued
Everything (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 12, 2014
A bunch of men degrading the female employees. Company has no heart!
good people.
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Atkinson, WIApril 7, 2014
Pros: many hours
Cons: their equipment, restictions
great people to work with from lower management down. hard labor. many hours. equipment not good to work with. so many rules its hard to get job done in a timely manner.
Fast paced company
Corporate EE (Former Employee), Ponte Vedra, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: solid long term propsect
The company is in a profitable industry and continues to improve and grow. They expect you to be fully dedicated to the job, if you are and you do a good job, they treat you right.

New senior management in the company will improve the company in short order.

Lot of activity in the industry. Acquisitions and divestiture to get the right mix of assets – more... to maximize profits. This generates a lot of turn in the organization and make it a fast paced company to work for. – less

1 2 3

About Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal is the largest privately-owned environmental services company in the United States providing integrated, non-hazardous – Read more