Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work for a dedicated person with potential.
Forklift operator/Line operator (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIJanuary 29, 2016
Typical work day consisted of line work, machien operation and clean up. I learned a great deal on safety and first aid. Management was excellent and would say it was the best I have seen to date. Coworkers were great people who needed money and were willing to work hard for it. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job as all of it.
Pros
30 minute lunch with two 15 minute breaks, good hours, great people, overall excellent job.
Cons
The only con would be the sorting of recyclable material. It can get pretty nasty.
Good place to gain experience in hauling industry.
Divisional Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2016
As divisional office manager gained experience at multi tasking and adjusting to an ever changing environment. Learned to manage diverse group of employees.
Great Company
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILJanuary 11, 2016
Excellent company and great employees. They are very understandable and helpful within the job function and needs. This job has expanded my training abilities and customer service experiences.
Very busy days in my position.
Dispatcher/Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Difficult to perform position. Manager would make changes to next day schedule and would not inform me of the changes.
I only found out if a customer called complaining.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long busy hectic days
Very comfortable
Customer Care Team (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIDecember 29, 2015
Great place to work with great leaders and they're always available. We even have wonderfully comfortable fleeces that we get to wear to work everyday.
Highly preserved company
Staff Accountant/Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Ball Ground, GADecember 28, 2015
I learned a lot of knowledge from the Controller and Management team. A quiet establishment and they continue to expand.
Job has to exist but management is terrible
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PADecember 18, 2015
I did not mind the work I had to do. Sure, it was working on garbage trucks which was bad enough, but the management on top of that was too much to handle. Grown men do not need to be treated like 5 year olds
What a joke of a place to work
csr (Former Employee) –  Northville, MIDecember 6, 2015
No training what so ever. It's learn as you go. And if you have a sense of humor, forget it, you won't last there. Customer service manager has no idea what she's doing. And the training, one will tell you to do it this eay., another one will tell you another way. What a joke. Nothing is consistent. And the dispatchers in the Ann Arbor area have no idea what they are doing. They will say that jobs are completed and then you will get phone calls from the client asking where there carts are because they never received them. RUN...HIDE...DONT WORK THERE
Cons
Only 10 minute breaks
Garbage Truck collector (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PADecember 1, 2015
Its a great Job, They have great Benefits, your off on holidays and weekend, very diverse atmospheres, Manager trys to make it fun for all the co workers, everyone gets along.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Demanding on your body.
Zero sales structure and management.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILNovember 22, 2015
I was hired by a sales manager that was fired one month later and not replaced for over 6 months. In the same period of time the area manager, ops manager and maintenance manager was replaced as well. I was basically self taught and on my own. I managed to generate contracts worth over 2.7 million dollars in the first 8 months of employment and was rewarded by being put on probation. A new sales manager was hired and two months later I was let go. Is this the kind of company you want to be a part of?
Pros
Cons
No sales managment, Outdated CRM, Poor commission structure, Chasing the competition.
new call center
Commercial sales (Current Employee) –  Northampton, PANovember 16, 2015
i enjoyed my time with this company, i worked there for 2 1/2 years. the enviroment could be more positive and the communication needs to be better as well
Not for the weak at heart
Residential refuse collections driver (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALOctober 26, 2015
Don't get me wrong, it's an "ok" place to earn an honest living; "if" you like working long work hours, foul odors, poor equipment and "no" social life. Other than that, management is constantly changing, they are more concerned with making profits and not losing customers. Trucks are always breaking down, they patch the problem instead of eliminating it and they have no intention of investing in new trucks whatsoever. Once you get past the favoritism, you'll be just fine. "If" you like doing the same exact thing for the next few years. Lastly, if you are not familiar with pay by day rates, you should research that and Chinese overtime before you find yourself in a situation that you would have "otherwise" passed on. Still not convinced? Go see it for yourself. Results may vary.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Long hours, no social life, poor equipment, low morale, Chinese overtime, unfair practices
no opportunity for advancement
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIOctober 22, 2015
No opportunity for advancement; loyalty means nothing here; consistently passed over for promotions and lesser quality people brought in.
Pros
paid uniforms
Cons
bad management
Good Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAOctober 9, 2015
Long hours, no home time, good pay but little home time with family. It was a very trashy job I would say lol. The people were great very understanding but the schedule was not consistent day to day.
Productive work place
Scale House Operator/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAOctober 8, 2015
Operate weigh scale for inbound and outbound loads. Proficient knowledge in Weigh It 7 & Trux 7 an updated computer system use to determine the weight of solid waste material brought into the transfer station. Complete average percentage reports for 9 Advanced Disposal locations. Handle accounts receivable for 9 Advanced Disposal locations. Communicate with customers. Make daily cash deposit. Prepare a daily batch summary report, a daily reconciliation report. Complete a cash journal log daily. Comply with all department polices.
Pros
Limited Supervision
Cons
Distance
Physically demanding but rewarding work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, AlOctober 6, 2015
This job is very physically demanding and consist of long hours. Although the work is hard it is an area where the work is always there and opportunities for advancement are always present.
Pros
Good pay and advancement is easy
Cons
All holidays must be made up on the following saturday
Good co workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 1, 2015
Co workers are great to work with but upper management and pay rate leaves a lot to be desired . Management more worried about their bonuses and reputations than they are about the workers.
Advance
helper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Fl.September 25, 2015
all garbage places different people different ways of acting it was alright I guess co-workers are cool and nice fun group of people to work with
lots of hours
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Waunakee, WISeptember 15, 2015
great pay for long hours left alone most of the time good eq CNG fleet lots of outside work great people to work for lots of stress
Pros
pay
Cons
lots of hours never done
A Company to avoid....
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Midwest RegionSeptember 10, 2015
This organization is truly one to avoid. Before their acquisition of Veolia Environmental Services, a much larger company, ADS was a pretty good place to be. Sadly after the merger the company and its culture turned into a profit at all cost organization. Profit is not a bad thing don't get me wrong, but selling our your morals and ethics for it is never acceptable.

Its truly sad how many top notch manager, leaders and rank and file employees have either left or been chased away from Advanced Disposal. I cants see how this company will be viable in 10 years without a drastic change.
Pros
Fair pay and benefits
Cons
Corporate and regional "leadership"