Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal Services Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible people
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 24, 2016
Horrible hypocrites who do not know when to bend on rule that don't work and are quick to punish and fire. Incompetently ran. More Chiefs there than Indians. Do not recommend ever working for them, the benefits or any perks they shell out at your are not worth it in the long run. Should not even be in business anymore.
Management causes so much of our problems. They make it almost unbearable to work here.
Front Load Driver (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 23, 2016
Management stinks.From the top down to the bottom.Our GM.Is never around and our site manager or opps manager is very ignorant and nasty. There's no communication. They rush training. Pay is all over the map. Management promotes favoritism. We need a complete make over with our current management team. At our location in Norristown,Pa,our management is our big problem. Maybe corporate will at least hear us out and try to fix our disfyuntional site. We love our job, but hate our leaders.
Pros
There's unity among some of us.
Cons
Management stinks.
Challaging Enviroment
Dispatch/Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2016
The perfect place to be pushed to meet your limits. Always a way to help you improve to your fullest potentials which allows you grow as a team member
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 4, 2016
Do not have any thoughts or opinions of your own, expect not to have all the resources needed to perform your job. Poor training.
Bad place to work,bad management.
Mechanic & lead tech. (Current Employee) –  Mc Clellandtown, PAMarch 2, 2016
Worked there 3 years had 8 Maintenance Managers in 2 1/2 years. Management made it very hard to do your job because of the fear of getting fired they put cameras everywhere to try to catch you doing something wrong so they can fire you. Safety was not a important part of Management daily plan to get the job done .they put trucks on the road that they knew should not be on the road because of safety reasons . this put everyone in danger and they did not care as long as they made money.
Pros
very little to say did not see any pros to this job.
Cons
company is divided everyone trying to stabe everyone else in the back to get ahead of each other, no training when ask for it.

Comment – April 6, 2016

That's 9 Maintenance Managers in 3 years. They just lost another Manager.

advanced disposal had its unfortunete perpectives
Runner/Helper (Former Employee) –  Northampton, PAFebruary 18, 2016
a typical day at work was early morning rising, throwing trash, management was not very fair I feel, my co workers were respectable, my hardest part of the day was working in snow or rain, the most enjoyable part of the day was when the sun was out and it was nice weather
I am not the person to ask
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAFebruary 13, 2016
Many years in the industry and I would not go back under current management and structure. Departmental lines are blurred and upper management is not interested in promoting a cohesive team structure with boundaries. Managers are vindictive and unprofessional by targeting people in lower positions to exact their revenge. If you are offered a position at their Ball Ground Georgia Location you would be wise to pass.
Pros
High Salaries
Cons
Wrong People
Poor Vehicle Conditions
Automatic Side Loader Driver (Former Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAFebruary 11, 2016
Their Trucks are in very poor condition.
They break down almost on a daily basis.
Although it is required, there is never enough time to take a real lunch break and finish a designated route.
Pros
Benefits Provided
Cons
Poor Vehicle Conditions, No real time to take a decent lunch break
Horrible trucks,
Residential garbage route driver. (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIFebruary 7, 2016
The trucks are broke down more than they are on the road, maintenance does nothing to fix the trucks. They steal parts off one truck to put them on the other truck. They don't even stock turn signals. I was lied to about a sign on bonus and getting a raise after my 90 days. They lost a lot of routes at the first of the year and have extra people so that means loss of over time but they keep hiring.
Ok company
RESIDENTIAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALFebruary 4, 2016
They were ok to work for. The management wasn't as helpful as I would have liked but the hours were ok. The good thing was, the route was consistent from day to day.
Great place to work for a dedicated person with potential.
Forklift operator/Line operator (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIJanuary 29, 2016
Typical work day consisted of line work, machien operation and clean up. I learned a great deal on safety and first aid. Management was excellent and would say it was the best I have seen to date. Coworkers were great people who needed money and were willing to work hard for it. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job as all of it.
Pros
30 minute lunch with two 15 minute breaks, good hours, great people, overall excellent job.
Cons
The only con would be the sorting of recyclable material. It can get pretty nasty.
Good place to gain experience in hauling industry.
Divisional Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2016
As divisional office manager gained experience at multi tasking and adjusting to an ever changing environment. Learned to manage diverse group of employees.
Great Company
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILJanuary 11, 2016
Excellent company and great employees. They are very understandable and helpful within the job function and needs. This job has expanded my training abilities and customer service experiences.
Very busy days in my position.
Dispatcher/Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Difficult to perform position. Manager would make changes to next day schedule and would not inform me of the changes.
I only found out if a customer called complaining.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long busy hectic days
Highly preserved company
Staff Accountant/Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Ball Ground, GADecember 28, 2015
I learned a lot of knowledge from the Controller and Management team. A quiet establishment and they continue to expand.
Job has to exist but management is terrible
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PADecember 18, 2015
I did not mind the work I had to do. Sure, it was working on garbage trucks which was bad enough, but the management on top of that was too much to handle. Grown men do not need to be treated like 5 year olds
What a joke of a place to work
csr (Former Employee) –  Northville, MIDecember 6, 2015
No training what so ever. It's learn as you go. And if you have a sense of humor, forget it, you won't last there. Customer service manager has no idea what she's doing. And the training, one will tell you to do it this eay., another one will tell you another way. What a joke. Nothing is consistent. And the dispatchers in the Ann Arbor area have no idea what they are doing. They will say that jobs are completed and then you will get phone calls from the client asking where there carts are because they never received them. RUN...HIDE...DONT WORK THERE
Cons
Only 10 minute breaks
Garbage Truck collector (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PADecember 1, 2015
Its a great Job, They have great Benefits, your off on holidays and weekend, very diverse atmospheres, Manager trys to make it fun for all the co workers, everyone gets along.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Demanding on your body.
Zero sales structure and management.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILNovember 22, 2015
I was hired by a sales manager that was fired one month later and not replaced for over 6 months. In the same period of time the area manager, ops manager and maintenance manager was replaced as well. I was basically self taught and on my own. I managed to generate contracts worth over 2.7 million dollars in the first 8 months of employment and was rewarded by being put on probation. A new sales manager was hired and two months later I was let go. Is this the kind of company you want to be a part of?
Pros
Cons
No sales managment, Outdated CRM, Poor commission structure, Chasing the competition.
new call center
Commercial sales (Current Employee) –  Northampton, PANovember 16, 2015
i enjoyed my time with this company, i worked there for 2 1/2 years. the enviroment could be more positive and the communication needs to be better as well