Advanced Disposal Services

Advanced Disposal Services Employee Reviews in United States

advanced disposal had its unfortunete perpectives
Runner/Helper (Former Employee) –  Northampton, PAFebruary 18, 2016
a typical day at work was early morning rising, throwing trash, management was not very fair I feel, my co workers were respectable, my hardest part of the day was working in snow or rain, the most enjoyable part of the day was when the sun was out and it was nice weather
Horrible people
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 24, 2016
Horrible hypocrites who do not know when to bend on rule that don't work and are quick to punish and fire. Incompetently ran. More Chiefs there than Indians. Do not recommend ever working for them, the benefits or any perks they shell out at your are not worth it in the long run. Should not even be in business anymore.
Fast paced place to work
Trash and Recycling Collector (Former Employee) –  Northampton, PAJuly 29, 2016
Management was perfect. They always had your back in a snag and would always take your advice about various improvements that could be made.
Pros
Everyone was very friendly
Cons
Very physical work
NOT Good HR and Purchasing Department
REGIONAL MAINTENANCE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLJuly 16, 2016
You had to be in the "click" to get moved up or not laid off. They would talk behind your back. Would spend company money on personal outings.
Pros
Cons
Enviroment
A mess
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irvine, KYAugust 18, 2016
Currently going through a restructuring with an absence of leadership, which has brought morale to a record low. There is potential for it to be rebuilt, but is not currently a great atmosphere for anyone.
Great employer
ROUTE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers Beach, FLMay 19, 2016
Works for this company from 2012 to 2015. The management is great, pay and bonuses are great on management side. Friendly work environment. Made a mistake by leaving and would look forward to going back to this company one day
Fun place to work
Data Entry - Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIAugust 10, 2016
Enjoyable place to work. Small office environment. Friendly staff , involved in the communities in which they are located, and will help staff when asked.
Welcome to high school
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  U.S.February 24, 2014
Answer phones, have people swear at you because trash was missed or bill went up because of company increases. Customers are typically rude and complain about everything: trash missed, billing wrong, equipment is damaged, etc. You have to be able to handle the ridiculous company called "Tooty" who pretend to be customers by having people pretend to be the customers in the system, which means they spoof the customers number and say they are the customers name and grade you on the call. Any, and I mean ANY miss up you do, downgrade. Say "um, uh, or pause," downgrade. Go out of order on your sheet, downgrade. Don't try to promote other products, downgrade. Don't ask questions that shouldn't be asked, downgrade. And too many bad scores under a certain percent means you are fired.

If you want to be a Customer Service Rep at Advanced Disposal... Be careful.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
customers, corporate management
If you love to work hard, here is your place
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 15, 2014
A typical work day starts at 5:00 am and it extends most of the time past 3 pm in many occasions until 5:00 pm or past, until the last customer is serviced. A part of management has a lot of experience, while another part of management has no experience related to your particular job thus hindering performance and productivity from your part. The hardest part of the job is to drive a truck and collect residential trash of approximately 900 to 1200 houses in the summer time when these trucks engines generate lots of extra heat. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you go on vacation.
Pros
benefits, medical, vision, 401 k plan, paid vacation
Cons
no performance bonuses, no accident free bonuses, salary not competitive
Busy
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAMay 16, 2016
I have grown the training from ground zero. After 1/12 years I am the floor trainer but am not compensated or recognized for my efforts. I love the work and the people.
Pros
people
Cons
compensation
nice enviroment
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 19, 2016
Enjoyed the people I work with and the environment. Unfortunately I do not see much room for advancement. Hardest part of the job is that is was very repetitive and not very challenging.
Hard Work, but good rewards for it
Residential Garbage Man (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIJuly 9, 2013
A typical day would start with a safety meeting with some stretching afterwords. After that I would get to my truck and go to my route for the day. Depending how long it took, I would help my co workers with their routes after finishing mine. When the routes were completed, I would drive to the landfill to dump my truck, then drive back to the base.

This job taught me what hard work was really like as we would work in all conditions, rain or shine, summer and winter.

I got along fairly well with my co-workers and the management, although we would be connected only by CB radio or cell phone for the majority of the time.

The hardest part of the job was working in some of the more extreme conditions, such as when the temperature was in the 90 to 100 degree range or the below zero range.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting complimented by the customers for doing my job.
Pros
good benefits, rewards for staying safe
Cons
hard work, drive cam
Ok company
RESIDENTIAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALFebruary 4, 2016
They were ok to work for. The management wasn't as helpful as I would have liked but the hours were ok. The good thing was, the route was consistent from day to day.
What a joke of a place to work
csr (Former Employee) –  Northville, MIDecember 6, 2015
No training what so ever. It's learn as you go. And if you have a sense of humor, forget it, you won't last there. Customer service manager has no idea what she's doing. And the training, one will tell you to do it this eay., another one will tell you another way. What a joke. Nothing is consistent. And the dispatchers in the Ann Arbor area have no idea what they are doing. They will say that jobs are completed and then you will get phone calls from the client asking where there carts are because they never received them. RUN...HIDE...DONT WORK THERE
Cons
Only 10 minute breaks
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 4, 2016
Do not have any thoughts or opinions of your own, expect not to have all the resources needed to perform your job. Poor training.
Fast Growing Company
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2015
Great Industry. Great Job security. Long hours. Decent compensation for time. Great group of employees to work with. Plenty of room for advancement.
Challaging Enviroment
Dispatch/Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2016
The perfect place to be pushed to meet your limits. Always a way to help you improve to your fullest potentials which allows you grow as a team member
Management is unique
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAMay 13, 2014
The company is a good business. I enjoyed the work. Long days and no pay increase for layman but management was always getting raises and bonuses. Always did well here, management is hostile to workers. They have their picks and the hard part was working for a good company with a bad boss.
Pros
long hours 13 hour days five days a week and some saturdays
Cons
long hours 13 hour days five days a week and some saturdays
An okay company
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJune 2, 2015
great benefits but its in the garbage business and very stressful work environment and strict corporate regulations and rules.
Horrible
Residential Driver for Garbage (Current Employee) –  Green Cove SpringsMarch 1, 2015
Since I am a currently an employee I can say that the benefits are good but there isn't anything done for individual employee. Benefits that are mandatory and all things done are for the company.
If you plan on getting a job with the largest sanitation company in the U.S. and plan on getting anything but a paycheck and benefits go somewhere else.

2.9