Advanced Disposal Employee Reviews

friendly caring
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2017
work hours were good hardest part was working in the dark in the early mornings, most drivers didn't speak English and the most enjoyable part was helping costumers.
stay away from this company(norcross ga)
Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 14, 2017
this is a very bad company . work you 12 hours and doesnt pay overtime. you get day rate.
stay away from this company . norcross ga location stay awa
Pros
off on weekends
Cons
pay and mangement .stay away norcross location
Great job
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 8, 2017
Great opportunity to provide for your family. Workplace is geared to benefit the veteran drivers. Management pick and chooses winners and losers. Equipment can be in better condition.
job is great
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2017
they need better managers and supervisors at this company they have supervisors who it is their job to train people but they do not know how to train them
Pros
the jiob and benefits
Cons
they dont care about their employees
Fast pace job
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 31, 2017
I will not give a good review about this place very disrespectful supervisor and manager, They are not professional at all they gasip about employees life and problems, I never worked in a place like this terrible new employee do all the work the senior mechanic they seat all the time and take long breaks smoke cigarettes talk bad about other employees. They take the easy work and give new employees the dirty work.
Pros
Management not professional
Cons
Not treated employees well.
Great place with friendly manager
Swing Driver (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Swing for commercial and roll off . Been driving a garbage truck for 28 years the managers were very helpful . Customers are extremely kind
Pros
Great gear
Cons
Trucks break
hated job
sorting line worker (Former Employee) –  Sumrall, MSJanuary 24, 2017
managment was very mean and unprofessional, workers were hard to work with due to workers displaying non job appropriate behavior.
Good place
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2017
Long days weekends off unless you have hours and want to work. Management kind of sucked, equipment was going down hill, good pay and benefits overall a decent place to work
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long days
fun place to work enjoyed the people i worked with
residental driver (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIJanuary 21, 2017
I enjoyed my work , because management would let you work on your own, I like driving on my route enjoyed the outdoors , meeting people , watching the kids stare at my truck when it was operating. there were hard parts too, the snow , ice, and lifting heavy containers . I learned no job is perfect , so enjoy the job you have
Pros
free pizza on saturday when we had to work
Cons
working in the dark cold temperture
Growing Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJanuary 19, 2017
It was difficult to learn the job because the management and employees had all been there for 1 1/2 years or less. Training was hard to come by out on the floor.
great place
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, PAJanuary 13, 2017
I love working there just want to move back home close to family.Great group to work for they believe in family life and personal time
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed working in a relaxed mature setting,this position provided me with insight about the waste industry.

My day would consist of data entry, posting of payments and phone support with customers.

The most enjoyable part of my day was working with knowledgeable people who were able to teach me the foundations of the waste industry.
Pros
Casual attire
Terrible management drive cams and constant new rules
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 2, 2017
Worked for them for 6 years ownership is constantly changing management has no care what so ever about employees or issues that you face trucks are all ways broke expect to work long hours follow a whole list of rules which make your job impossible at times as they have drive cams in the trucks pay was ok incentive based and comradery of fellow workers helping each other out
Pros
Coworkers. Pay benifits
Cons
Management poor maintaince on trucks all the rules
Great company to work with
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 29, 2016
Fast paced, great local and upper management and managers. Supportive and helpful coworkers, opportunities to advance and grow as an employee.
Good benefits
Recycling Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WI 53032December 22, 2016
A typical work day consists of unpredictable hours. It is hard to get a day off when asked to schedule one, always has to take in increments of a week. Route can be indecisive and not always knowing where you are going next, unorganized.
Learned good skills
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Muskego, WIDecember 22, 2016
Learned a lot of good skills during my time at Advanced. Good atmosphere and good people as co workers. Enjoyed my time there.
Terrible management, great employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCDecember 13, 2016
During my time working at Advanced Disposal was fun and exciting. Each day brought something new and interesting with customers. I loved to take my time to get to know and take care of my customers. The management team is highly unprofessional when it comes to taking care of and talking to the employees. We spent more time behind schedule than on schedule. While I loved this job, management was very unperceptive of suggestions from the staff.
Its garbage
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 12, 2016
Poor trucks. The place was used by previous management to pad his bank account leaving the Twin Cities to be service by trucks being held together with duct tape.
Pros
hours
Cons
hours
fun place and kept busy
Garbage Man (Former Employee) –  Warren, PADecember 9, 2016
my typical day at work would get up early in the morning and go to work get in the work truck with my partner. drive about an hour to the city where we would have to pick up garbage. start at like 3 am and then work all day till 6 p.m.. I have learned to keep a fast paste and work in all 4 seasons. management would very good with explaining or helping if we needed it. my co workers were always outgoing fun and just made the days go by really fast. the hardest part of the job was having to wake up really early in the morning. the most enjoyable part is working with my old partner.
Pros
working with my fun co worker
Cons
having to get up early
Busy day with collections
COLLECTIONS CLERK (Current Employee) –  BROCKWAY PADecember 8, 2016
Busy from start to finish
Collection calls, letters etc.
Helped with other locations and where help was needed.
I enjoyed helping people with their bills, working with people when they needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Disposal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9