Advanced Disposal Employee Reviews

Comfortable place to work
Lead CSR (Current Employee) –  Northville, MIJune 28, 2017
Wonderful place to work if you are just starting your career. You have to opportunity to learn all about the rubbish industry. Looking to gain advancement in my career and better pay.
Pros
Break room has a patio
Cons
no cons
no opportunities for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 27, 2017
I was with a company that was bought in, once bought in was moved to scale house to weigh trucks. Very boring and no opportunities for advancement. Friendly staff. Work environment wasn't that great worked out at landfield.
Pros
easy
Cons
poor ay and no opportunties for advancement
Bad Company Stay Away
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 16, 2017
bad company stay away the make you waste your time after you apply this peoples keep you waitting for an answer and at the end they ll tell you we do not need you.thats what the manager there called catherine told me,you have been warned they will make you waste your time apply somewere else but not there...
Productive and place to provide for your family
Driver (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 5, 2017
Its a great place to work as long as you have a good management team.The wages have shown improvement. You can also provide for your family . Good benefits for you and your family
Overworked!!!
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 3, 2017
I'm a Truck Driver: Long Routes. Alot of times no Help. No steady routes, No flipper on some trucks. Bad management. Too many haitians work there. whoooo. Things gets crazy,
Pros
Weekly Pay, Uniform
Cons
6 day work week. No steady route. Overworked
Salesmen meat grinder. Not only under paid but they will charge back on your commission
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 2, 2017
Company turns over employees too fast. At a regional sales meeting 90 % of employees had less then two years experience. They will make you sign a non competition agreement and find ways to get rid of you after they have all your contacts and leads. You are paid less then any other waste company for the same job. Most leads you provide will go to a inside salesman that will get the sale and commission, then you will get charged back if that customer cancels. Even if the customer fulfills contact term.if you decide to work with this company, it won't be long before you will be looking for another job.
Pros
Good healthcare plan
Cons
National call center sells at lower pricing then outside sales are allowed.
Fast paced, never dull moment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 1, 2017
This job helped teach me how to multi-task, become a great listener, and also become a leader. This is a brand new branch that opened and was the first customer service representative that was hired. I was able to teach others the tricks and tips I learned and became a great example of how team work is beneficial to get the job done. This was only possible with the great management team on board.
Pros
Location is great for downtown lunch breaks, break room is nice, and its a clean and beatiful, brand new desk equipement.
great place
Commercial Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tallassee, ALMay 31, 2017
I loved working here. I learned most of my skills here at Advanced Disposal and would love to go back in time and do it again. Great people and great environment.
Management lies, work load is overwhelming
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAMay 27, 2017
Management tells you what you want to hear but then don't follow with it. Trucks always brake down. Work load is way to much for one person which is usually put on the driver doing everything, (Driving and throwing) Know one knows anything there. Early start with long days so when you get off you just want to go to bed. Pay sucks for the work you have to do.
Pros
It pays the bills, SOME good people. That's it nothing more
Cons
Just about everything.
self suficient is the key to the job
Roll Off Driver (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 23, 2017
It is a job you take all resonsibility on yourself. getting the job done in a safe yet timely manner.
culture is ok, pretty much on your own all day.
hardest part about the job is trying to keep all your customers satisfied, that's job security
Pros
pay checks
Cons
healthcare, poorly run company, no structure at all
nice workplace
Temp (Former Employee) –  Northville, MIMay 22, 2017
I had a nice time working with the facility, but at the time I was traveling too far to work an all my money was going toward gas. I like that they paid weekly and the people were very nice
Pros
Nice paid break, good hours, direct deposit
Cons
too far to travel for pay rate
very unpredictable
driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 19, 2017
the pay was ok but for what the drivers had to put up with from management was crazy! they never communicated with each other and was just very unorganized.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
way to many people in charge
No advancement and poor management
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, PAMay 18, 2017
Pay is under normal pay for work. Too much work load and blame placed on technician. Don't provide proper tools to do certain jobs. Manegment is lazy and doesn't lead by example and has no answers to technical matters
Productive place to work at, nice staff with good food.
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 12, 2017
A typical day at work is normally a 8 hour shift. everybody in the work place are normally friendly and helpful. the hardest part of the job is learning the your on route and operating the truck.
small office
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2017
great office, very small and can be fun, atmosphere is great as well I did this as temporary position, was not able to go permanent.
however only the customers get a little difficult
always something new
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hartland, WIMay 10, 2017
the most enjoyable part of my job are the people my co workers and vendors and customers are what make the day enjoyable. the job while challenging is always keeping me on my toes which makes the day go fast
Good for experience in industry but management has too many personal feelings in work environment
CDL A Driver (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCMay 2, 2017
Company doesn't show concern for drivers personal lives. They push work on you passed what your required...without any extra pay or so much of appericarion
Pros
Interacting with good customers
Cons
Company doesn't value there employees
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 26, 2017
I drove local pick up for them. I went and picked up local stuff with a trailer on the back. They where a very nice company to work for. I really liked the job.
No vacation time
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns County, FLApril 22, 2017
You are only allowed to have 5 paid time off days a year including sick and vacation. You are not allowed to take vacation in the last week of the month. Training is woeful and inadequate , you are micro managed by petty and prissy managers who allow bullying to go on in front of them and cover it up. If you are thinking of taking a position there it is only temporary as no one lasts in the accounts department longer than 2 years,as everyone finds a better position than this hole eventually.
Pros
It's a job and i once got a raise of 7 cents per hour
Cons
Not a pleasant experience
Fun place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
I love being on my own and meeting so many nice people that I am doing business with. I love cold calling. My typical day consist of going out in my territory and doing cold calls,following up on proposal's and business that I am in the process of trying to get and retaining our current client base. Then back in my office to input it all in CRM.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
All the time on the computer