AES is seeking Senior Electronic Technicians to provide highly skilled work in the installation, repair, operation, and maintenance of electronic equipment and systems.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Repair and calibration of industrial controls including industrial grade PCB’s, timers, counters, PLC’s, drives, monitors and temperature and process controls.
- Able to work without schematics, test procedures, and fixtures.
- Ability to create basic schematics and perform basic reverse engineering.
- Able to read and comprehend electronic component data sheets.
- Develop test procedures, methods, and parameters for current and future repairs.
- Diagnose malfunctions of electronic and electrical equipment using various diagnostic tools and equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and other specialized equipment.
- Measure operation of equipment to ensure it remains within normal operating parameters; adjust equipment to ensure proper operation, perform preventative maintenance.
- Maintain the proper operation of electronic and electrical equipment.
- Openly communicate with sales and customer service to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure warranty rate is below goal set by company.
- Order parts as necessary for each unit processed.
- Update tracking notes in the company system reflecting the steps taken to repair unit.
- Must comply with the repair timeline set forth by the customer.
- Must meet or exceed production goals set forth by company.
- Participate and assist with technician training.
- Able to work without assistance.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required by manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of electronic principles including analog, digital and microprocessor circuit concepts; must include knowledge of active components, passive components and their functions.
- Effective use of a variety of test equipment including but not limited to; oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, power supplies, programmers and test fixtures.
- Ability to read standard engineering drawings including circuit schematics, logic diagrams and machine tool fabrication drawings.
- Ability to work without engineering drawings to intuitively recognize repair needs.
- Ability to plan work and assure compliance with established technical standards and manufacturer's published specifications.
- Knowledge of shielding and grounding techniques common in applications of sensitive scientific instruments, power conversion systems and radio telemetry equipment.
- Knowledge of electrostatic monitoring and preventive measures.
- Able to travel to customer locations.
- Effective cross functional communication with technical and non-technical co-workers.
- Ability to follow oral and written policies, procedures, and instructions.
Associates Degree and a minimum of 5 years experience. Experience with servo control and motors a plus.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
AES is a female owned, ISO Certified, Small Business that offers a full range of services from electronic component level repair and design,...