Provides critical planning, accounting, analysis and reporting oversight for all key components of the Thin Films Business Unit cost of goods sold variables and related balance sheet elements such as inventory and correlated reserves. Collaborates with other AE Finance partners on the worldwide financial accounting, planning and analysis for the Business Units operational (manufacturing & service) activities. Prepares and presents relevant recommendations to all levels of management in order to improve profitability and optimize the operational business model.
- Furthers financial influence throughout AE by delivering consistent and complex financial analysis, frequent and objective business perspectives and consistent financial policy enforcement.
- Develops successful working relationships with the Corporate and Business Unit management teams (domestic and international), providing effective influence across multiple functions and geographies.
- Conducts frequent presentations to AE Management, providing credible and insightful information.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions and processes to overcome business challenges.
- Effective at stretch target/goal setting & achievement – both organizational and personal.
- Assist with developing, in collaboration with AE Corporate and Business unit manufacturing sites, the operational and manufacturing financial plans for the company.
- Supports the financial management and reporting of inventories, inclusive of valuation assessments.
- Supports key Business Unit elements of the periodic, worldwide standard-setting product costs process.
- Drives the comprehensive compilation, reporting and analysis of production variances with a focus on the timely identification and communication of cost drivers.
- Key contributor in the management, documentation, and improvement of the critical management information systems (SAP, HOST, BW, etc) required to properly transact, analyze and report on global AE operational activities.
Accounting & Finance-
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, integrated into all financial components of the position responsibilities.
- Enhance and enforce policies, procedures and controls of the organization to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Effectively works, as needed, with both internal audit and external audit to ensure corporate compliance.
- Work in a standard office environment, utilizing standard office equipment and tools.
- Some travel may be required, domestic and international.
- Extended hours may be required to comply with business and corporate requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Skilled in the effective utilization of an integrated ERP system.
- Ability to utilize the full Microsoft Office Suite at an intermediate-to-advanced level of proficiency.
- Ability to utilize advanced financial analysis techniques and effectively communicate results.
- Solid judgment and a wide degree of purposeful creativity and innovation.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Strong desire to help expand AE’s business focus and future development.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills across all levels of a dynamic organization.
- 5+ years of progressive finance and accounting experience, with demonstrated achievement in significant financial modeling, analysis and reporting deliverables.
- Demonstrated proficiency with large ERP systems.
- Experience in a high-technology industry
- SAP experience
- Multinational industry experience
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
Advanced Energy is an EEO/AA employer.
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.