We are seeking a Test Engineer to work with our Solar Energy products. In this position you will design, develop, and implement cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. You will also perform a variety of technical, multi-disciplined tasks early in the Product Development Process to provide timely, flexible, universal tools and processes.
- Ensure testability of new product designs, providing feedback to design teams and addressing opportunities for defects in manufacturing and field use
- Accurately estimate project costs as associated with implementing test solutions
- Own the test requirements from the vendor to shipment to the customer
- Verify that products meet their functional requirements - including design verification and manufacturing screens. Prepare test and diagnostic programs, design test fixtures, develop test software, and complete test specifications and test procedures for new and derivate products
- Analyze capability and ensure control of critical parameters of products and test equipment
- Determine inputs to project schedules and guides project work to completion, managing his or her time as well as the activities of technician(s)
- Analyze data to prove process and test system capability, report to management on a regular basis for the health of the test system, provide data to be disseminated to customers and critical internal quality systems
- Create documentation for test systems, test fixtures, test software, and calibration specifications and algorithms
- Must have strong problem-solving attributes. Able to operate a variety of electrical test instrumentation. Capable in hardware (digital, analog, and RF) and software development (LabVIEW). Strong at communicating with and influencing design teams, vendors, and customers
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Greater than 5 years of relevant design/development team and/or manufacturing support. Proven ability to methodically solve complex, technical issues. Demonstrated proficiency in National Instruments LabVIEW test application development.
Bachelors Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline
6-sigma or equivalent statistical, problem-solving methodology
Masters degree in engineering
Experience working with / around high-power ( >250kW) equipment and medium voltage gear.
Advanced Energy is an EEO/AA Employer
Indeed - 9 months ago