*Peg Tube and Seizure Care About 25 miles from Flint* High Skilled RN for Case Management and Visits
Education / Formal Training
- Graduate from a School of Nursing recognized by the State of Michigan.
- Licensed in the State of Michigan to practice as a RN.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current drivers license with current auto insurance.
Communication / Interpersonal Skills
- Must be able to accurately record data on clients’ charts and records.
- Must be able to communicate with geriatric clients in a patient, calming, kind and positive manner.
- Must be able to address emergency and non-emergency situations calmly and thoroughly and apply common sense to resolution of problems.
- Must possess an understanding and helpful disposition.
- Must have one-year current experience in the medical field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsiveness to patient rights, HIPAA , needs and/ or request, including but not limited to:
a. Protect patient from injury and immediately report accidents/incidents.
b. Adheres to all regulations set forth through HIPAA and understands that violation of HIPAA may result in $250,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison.
2. Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
a. Advanced Home Care Private Duty Division employment policies and procedures.
b. Nursing Department policies and procedures.
c. Infection Control policies and procedures.
d. Federal, State and Local regulations.
3. Accurately complies with the current policies and Advanced Home Care – Private Duty Division Nursing Policy & Procedures and Standards of Home Care Nursing Practice with standardized protocols and expectation of practice as a Registered Nurse.
4. Visits each home care client/patient assigned at least one time a month for reassessment (more often as patients status warrants).
5. Opens new cases as assigned by Director of Clinical Services or Director of Operations.
6. Completes the required documentation designated by these policies and procedures in the time frame that allows for standards of practice and billing purpose.
7. Initiates, evaluates and updates the plan of care and documents patient outcomes to this plan of care.
8. In a timely manner generates follow-up calls to the Physician, Case Manager and Director of Clinical Services that will keep them apprised of patients’ conditions(s) and outcomes to the plan of care.
9. Places calls to the physician to change and or update orders as needed.
10. Assessment of the patient, family and home environment.
11. Provides the Director of Operations and Director of Clinical Services with a schedule that reflects the intended patient visits for the following week/month.
12. Each skilled monthly visit will be paid at a per-diem rate. Additional hours will be paid hourly at the employees’ base rate.
13. Competency evaluates the current staff of duty at time of visit. Refers to the Director of Education if further education is required.