Advanced Home Care

Advanced Home Care Employer Reviews

Fast Hire and pay
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee), Troy, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: male staffing issues, gender based discrimination
The company hire process was fast! The human resources departments are professional and are fast to place you on a case. The company does not do well in placing male nurses. It is not the place to apply if you are looking to be staffed as a male nurse. It is the respondsibility of management to ensure that preferences based upon gender are not in the workplace. As a trained professional, it should not matter if I am a man or a woman.
fun work place
Sales Liaison (Current Employee), norcross,gaJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: opportunity
Excellent company to work for. A great deal of learning and training.
Overall a decent company.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Carson City, NVJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: no healthcare benefits
I enjoyed working one on one with my clients. The office staff were always helpful. I would have enjoyed it more if I had more hours.The staff was always understanding and supportive.
Home Care....Enough said
HR Recruiter (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: healthcare, old tech, no processes
nice people in general in office. Small so you have that nosy thing where everyone is concerned about everyone else and their job duties. Management....doesn't manage, daily chaos. Would not recommend to friends
Productive and fun place to work
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: the people there were awesome, very nice work environment.
Cons: management, low salary
I loved the fact that the company was focused on helping people! The environment was very inviting and most people there kept a smile on their face.

Over they years they became more and more money driven, but I remember in the early years the company's focus was more on taking care of the internal and external customers. I wish they would revert back to their earlier years and shift the focus back to their patients and their beloved employees.

As with any company, they are having growing pains and hopefully those will balance out soon, as they are a great company to work for!

There are a lot of young managers there, which can be good and bad. Their training of those young managers and other employees need to be kicked up a notch.

Overall, great company, full of potential and opportunities if you are willing to apply yourself.
Horrible environment, horrible management, deceptive practices, bad ethics
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Kingsport/High PointDecember 12, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything else is a con
Do not work here unless you love drama, favoritism, and being targeted every moment. If you apply here, you're in for a tough row to hoe, you've been warned. You're expected to have no home life, no life but Advanced Home Care. You're also punished for using your time off and given more work to do. Seniority means nothing and they will tell you such. RUN, RUN fast.
Providing extraordinary care for patients through Medical Equipment and Home Health services in the Southeastern part of the USA.
Team Leader of the Customer Care Center (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: great environments; diversity; opportunities for improvement; synergetic.
Cons: confliction of information relayed (rare)
Advanced HomeCare is a wonderful place where the patient will have a wonderful experience. Whether he or she is talking to the Customer Care Representatives in the Customer Care Center, or one of the many therapists that cover Occupational, Respiratory, Speech, or Physical Therapies, the agency does its very best to live up to its motto: "Home care is our business...Caring is our specialty."

Management works diligently to ensure that the morale is high regardless of the department. Employees of all types work together to form a web of safety for the patients while ensure that even the most difficult situations get handled efficiently.

The most satisfying part of the job is hearing a simple "Thank you" from any patient that we have served through the agency. It goes a long way; farther than any other words could express.
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), High Point, NCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: short staffed
A typical day can be stressful...I learn new things every day. I learn how they will dress a wound to what Insurances will and will not pay. My coworkers are enjoyable...the hardest part of he job is making sure that the patients are getting staffed in a timely fashion...most enjoyable part is talking to the patients and listening to them and then hearing them and hear them say at the end of the conversation thank you for helping me.
needs a complete reorg.
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCNovember 5, 2014
They need new management and to actually care about their employees.
Horrible place to work
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee), High Point, NCOctober 26, 2014
If you like living in poverty this is the place for you. I worked in Customer Support and the company depends on this department for EVERYTHING. I wondered why 5 people quit in the brief 4 months I worked there, overworked and underpaid. I had experience in Managed Health Care and starting pay for was $12.50. In the beginning before I accepted the job. I asked if they were willing to work around school schedule. I was hired there in December of 2013. In January of 2014 when it was time for school to start back up, it was a major issue with working with my schedule. None of the team leaders who sat in on my interview recalled us having this discussion. I received 2 hrs of training to route all incoming faxes to different departments, in addition when filling orders for clients I had subpar training. When I mentioned this to the MANAGER III of the department, her reply was that I had not killed anyone yet so I must be doing something right. Your merit increase is based on the number of people that remain with the organization, not your individual performance. Last year alone over 300 individuals left the organization. Good thing about the company is that you get 28 days of vacation time, but remember you will have to work holidays. The company rotate which offices will be open for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Oh and please do not let it snow, VERY chaotic, heaven forbid if the Triad area ever has a major disaster this company would just fall apart.
For profit organization.
Private Duty RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MichiganSeptember 24, 2014
Not for me.
24/7 availability to clients and families. Difficult to balance work and life.
patient account representative
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), High Point, NCSeptember 9, 2014
phone as well as face-to-face contact with patients, company owned by 5 major hospitals, i serviced those hospital accounts, billing, supply list, petty cash, cash reconcilliation
Advanced Home Care
Administrative Assistant Pharmacy Infusion (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 14, 2014
Well balanced work environment
Supportive Management
Team work
I like AHC as a company
DAT, Home Health Assistant & Retail Rep (Former Employee), Kingsport TN & Hickory NcAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good company
I enjoyed working at AHC & learned a lot in the years that I was there. I only moved on in hopes to further my career. I liked my co-workers. Management was lacking, mostly due to changing management often.
Working from home is a plus!
Centralized Triage Nurse (Current Employee), High Point, NCAugust 5, 2014
Took calls from 3 states averaging about 20-40 calls a nights every other weekend.
it was a great learning experience of IV and chemotherapy.
Pharmacy Tech II (Former Employee), 30 Bryson St Asheville 28803August 5, 2014
Pros: patient interaction, wonderful coworkers
Cons: corporate take over, rules/ staff change
When I worked there is when there was still an outpatient clinic attached to it. I absolutely LOVED it. Being able to visit with the patients and talk with all of them and "comfort " them on the days of their chemo I enjoyed so much! For the very beginning the work environment was the best ever, couldnt ask for better coworkers, dream job!! then Corporate made changes and everything changed staff, rules,work environment.
Toxic Work Environment
Administrative (Former Employee), Sacramento CAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: i dont have anything positive to say
Cons: low salary, disrespect, micromanage, retaliation, toxic work place
This company does not value their employees, they rely on gossip and lies to repremand innocent people, the pay is very low, high turn over, everyone still in their probationary period, very aggressive bad management that is quick to fly off the handle and lose temper, they repremand you in front of other people, laugh about patients conditions, will carry out someone's last wishes only for their news letter, a bunch of backstabbing liars who work against you, snitch to your supervisor daily, will terminate you if you try to resolves issues through human resource and say you didn't pass your probationary period, they are prejudice against African Americans, the owner makes you wash her dishes, no matter how good you are at your job your never good enough, they are very clicky and territorial.

They allow harassment and will retaliate against you for speaking up.

The most toxic place I have ever worked.
Awful management and work ethics
administrative assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: awful management and bad work ethics
This home health and hospice has a very high turn over in employees. They are very unprofessional as management and co-workers. They curse all the time. They talk about the patients as if they don't care. They talk about past employees and calling them out their name. Don't complain about one of their favorite employees, because you might get the termination letter. The training does not exist and if you complain about they feel you are not able to do the job. I would not recommend working for this company. If they don't like you they will treat like dirt. They will lie on you and make you look bad in order to make themselves look good.
Typical office environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), High Point, NCJuly 27, 2014
Pros: able to wear jeans on fridays
Cons: the pay was not that great
Mainly verifying insurance, talking to insurance companies, verifying patients benefits.
N/A
Hi-Tech Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Troy, MIJuly 17, 2014
There is nothing that I can really say about the company.
The company has great benefits and wages. you have the opportunity for advancement,

1 2 3