Advanced Home Care Employee Reviews

Alright... but room for improvement
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 1, 2015
Generally the culture of this company is good. The coworkers, overall, are nice and many care about the impact they have on others' lives. Truth be told, I liked working for this company. I feel like I can learn something everyday. Management is solid. There is communication issues between Senior Leaders and the average worker. The hardest part of the job is when the system fails a patient and have to explain this to the patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendship and connectivity between others you work with. They are actively looking at ways to improve this company for their employees concerning retention. That is positive. I would not be looking for another job if they paid enough for me to live.
Pros
Free coffee, health benefits, open town hall forum with CEO
Cons
Turnover is high in some depts, Pay is mediocre
Not Great
Infusion Pharmacy Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 2, 2016
This is a stepping stone job that I got to learn about billing and medical practices. Overall I do not recommend working here as the compensation and benefits are terrible and the job culture is extremely poor.
Poor place to work; Misled in interviews and orientation
LPN (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 18, 2016
3 of the 8 nurses quit within 2 weeks of each other. A few weeks into orientation my preceptor quit and I was left without one and was left to see patients independently instead of giving me another preceptor. My first patient of my work day 3-4 days per week was 45 min and 2 counties away from my home and got no mileage pay for it. Was sent to 3 counties to see patients every day. Was having to case manage even though I'm an LPN. Most of my patients were either a NPWT or PICC or both. I was hung up on and talked rudely to by the PCM b/c I questioned her sending me to a pt's home that had active TB w/o a respirator or mask. Who then cursed me to other employees in the office. Was given false info about mileage reimbursement, PAL time, benefits. During the first 6 weeks of the job had to drive 169 miles per day to Charlotte for classes that lasted all day and then got stuck in treacherous traffic for at least 1-2 hrs. 2 1/2 months later had still not received mileage reimbursement b/c the PCM didn't put it in the payroll system for me to be reimbursed. It totaled around 1400 miles. After the work day was over, there was 2 hrs+ of charting at home each night that was due by 9:00am the next day with no reimbursement pay. Shall I go on..b/c I can.
Pros
PAL Time, Price of Insurance benefits
Cons
Work territory, EMR/Charting system.
Good environment, flexible work hours
Patient Account Rep II (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 1, 2016
Very much like my job compensation is not as high as would like for the detail needs to do the job. flexible hours, can work from home in some cases. Lots of things to know and income does not meet that expectation.
Pros
flexible work scheduled
Cons
lower income ratio
Great company providing great healthcare!
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 4, 2016
Overall, I am proud to work for Advanced Homecare. The staff in the branch office in which I work (Winston-Salem) are wonderful people, who truly care about the employees. They also have compassion for the patients, who are our clients/customers. The company does a good job of recognizing its workers for their accomplishments.

The documentation demands are exhaustive, with much redundancy within the system. We use McKesson for Homecare/Hospice. Due to the heavy documentation demands, meetings, Case conferences, my work-life balance is no good at all. Management is strong and fair. Compensation is good. I work Part time, 50% schedule as a "Tier 2" employee. I cannot imagine working FT for this company as I currently work over 40 hrs weekly. I receive no benefits as a part time employee.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, coworkers and the patients we get to see each day in their homes.
too much favortism
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TNOctober 10, 2015
Regardless of how hard you work to manage patient care, management would play favorites with a few, and be very blatant about it. if anything was said to the fact then that person was made work harder or management would tell you that maybe this was not the place for you to work. really consider other employment before working here. You are promised the moon in the interview but what they promise is not what you get, you are required to have no home life, and if you don't make productivity your vacation time is taken. no room for advancement. training is non existent felt that while I was there my license was put on the line each day because policies changed on a daily basis. Its a good company, but the views have changed needs complete management overhaul.
Pros
somewhat fexible schedule
Cons
poor management

Comment – December 17, 2015

Total agreement with this statement needs complete management overhaul. regardless of how hard you work its never enough. the on call is awful and money is the only thing the company thinks of anymore. promises are never kept and a very few and I do mean an very few get special privileges while the rest had to work harder and harder and always just keep your mouth shut if you decide to put your license on the line. Really think very very hard before going to this company.

The worst
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 25, 2016
This company has no idea what is going on. They are constantly preaching cutting cost, yet they just redid the landscape, and furniture..money. The yearly raise is usually pennies. Management and team leads have no idea of what is going on. Constant chaos. Favoritism overload. I have never worked for any company that so poorly managed as this one is. They have no clue what is going on inside the
Company. They do not care!
Pros
Are there any?
Cons
No breaks, constant badgering and bullying from management. Low pay
Toxic
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2016
A very horrible place to work. Poor management and equally poor compensation. Rules are made up by management on a daily basis and there is a lot of favoritism and lying. Horrible atmosphere to work in. Lies are told indiscriminately by management in order to get their way with no regards to employees. Everyone employee there is looking for another job and beat down. We are treated as if we are expendable.
Pros
Cons
i could write pages of wrong doing by this company.
Terrible Leadership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 18, 2016
I ended my job here June 2016 after working for a little over a year. A typical day at work consists of answering the phones which was overwhelming because my department was short staff and management refused to hire more staff; management does not care about the little people. Dealing with the patients was enjoyable, I was able to help educate some and met and developed relationships that allowed me to display trust with them. My co-workers were kind and helpful but again management just had a "just do it attitude" where the work load was not reasonable. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients and knowing I taught them something about insurance they didn't know. The hardest part of the job was coming to work everyday knowing I was working somewhere that I was not appreciated and that did not deserve good people working for them. If you want to be over worked and not appreciated this is the job for you.
Beware: Advanced will hire you for one job and add additional unrealistic duties and expect you to meet goals outside of reason.
Pros
Co-worker friendly
Cons
Micro management, no room for growth, not open for innovative changes from non-managerial staff, over worked and not compensated
Excellent benefits but high turnover in Nursing Dept.
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 7, 2016
Excellent company values, benefits and co-workers. On call is brutal due to high turnover in nursing. Most management easy to work with but a few would not be missed as their presence is not felt within the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule, excellent benefits and pay
Cons
Having to work on call too often
The best place to work ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2016
so far this has been my favorite job, I came worked in the mornings and it was a fast paced office. as soon as you turned your phone on it would start ringing BUT it was fun and the management made it fun.
The hardest part of the job in caring to much, the patients were very sweet and when they had trauma in their life you knew it.
I learned how to process insurance forms and other things.
Worse job ever
RN (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 19, 2016
Office environment was very political with favoritism shown all around, mileage reimbursement was very poor the nurses who had been there years treated new hires very poorly like they were coming in to steal their jobs. If you like putting your license at risk the NC offices are a great place to work.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
too many to list
Disgraceful
Patient Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 15, 2015
Irratic schedules, minimal raises (The fast food industry gives better raise!), hostile work environment, and its made impossible for newer employee's to thrive in job. Management is almost non-existent.
Pros
Vacation time
Deserves zero stars
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 6, 2016
This is by far the worst job in my entire career! Abysmally low pay, terrible management, and no work/like balance unless you have children. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
Ample vacation time, it's a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Training was lacking. Nepotism was beyond obvious and nothing done about it.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 1, 2016
Favorites were clearly and obviously treated better. One person that has been there for 20+ years literally tells the CEO what she wants and she gets it, because they are afraid she will leave. Sorry, EVERYONE is replaceable.
Productive and fun place to work
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 15, 2014
I loved the fact that the company was focused on helping people! The environment was very inviting and most people there kept a smile on their face.

Over they years they became more and more money driven, but I remember in the early years the company's focus was more on taking care of the internal and external customers. I wish they would revert back to their earlier years and shift the focus back to their patients and their beloved employees.

As with any company, they are having growing pains and hopefully those will balance out soon, as they are a great company to work for!

There are a lot of young managers there, which can be good and bad. Their training of those young managers and other employees need to be kicked up a notch.

Overall, great company, full of potential and opportunities if you are willing to apply yourself.
Pros
the people there were awesome, very nice work environment.
Cons
management, low salary
Great place to work if you are self sufficient
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 3, 2016
The atmosphere is very calm and quiet, which I think is a plus! There are times however when deadlines have to be met and the team must word diligently together. All in all I like this company.
no comment
Patient Accounting Representative¬≠Audit (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 7, 2016
okay to work if you need a job asap, learning about dme oxygen, cpap if you like home health okay place to work, billing has high turnover rate
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no comment
Very broken up work place
Patient Referral Specialist III (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 12, 2016
I worked in the Costumer Service department which was non-stop work flow. I really liked being busy and loved the most of the people i worked with. The hardest part of the job was no department knew what the other department did, therefore it was hard for us to work together well. Other than that, they worked well with my work/life balance.
Ok
HHA (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJuly 14, 2016
Typical day is traveling to patients homes. doing basic cleaning, cooking, and running errands to the pharmacy and grocery stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8