Advanced Home Care Employee Reviews

Great Company, great pay, but work hours much too long
PST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2017
I worked in Chlt NC as a pst I was told by Management that I was only going to have 4 or 5 calls per day until I could get up to speed.The first day I worked 9 hours and the 2nd day on my own I worked over 13 hours...I had to beg for a hand truck to make deliveries. I was told it was simple oxygen tank deliveries. But had Concentrator switch-outs, Hospice pick ups and other jobs. I worked with a senior pst for two weeks and mostly observed. I did not get a phone and computer info until the third Friday due to everyone being on vacation. This job is geared more to single and younger people that do not mind working LATE and LONG hours.
Pros
Ok Company for some people
Cons
not good company work hours
Bad place to work.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2017
This company does not care about their employees. You work all the time. Never no time off and work ALL HOLIDAYS. They don't believe in being fair to people. Many days I worked 12 hour days and didnt get a lunch break. Management is slack and sorry. Would not work there again.
Productive and fun work place
Patient Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 31, 2017
This was a great company to work for they took pride in management and promotions as well as taking care of customers and employees. I was responsible for correcting claim errors to receive payment for denied claims, providing excellent customer service to patients on the telephone, working independently toward meeting team and department goals, providing guidance and leadership to team members, completing special reports as assigned, and participating in special projects as needed to assist with corporate compliance and implementation of new company policies.
Pros
fun, friendly working envirement
The work envirnoment depended on which team you were on
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Advanced Home Care, the work environment was fun within our team. I loved my manager but I didn't trust many of the other managers throughout the company.
Pros
I had a good worlife balance, allowing me a flexibe schedule
Cons
The pay was low and there were different rules to follow baased on the managers
Stressful at times like any other job. This company truly cares about the patients
Patient Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 15, 2017
The branch manager that I have at our branch is amazing she truly cares about her staff and the patients. It is hard to balance personal life with work at times and home health is very short staffed right now.
Favoritism, Unprofessionalism, Cliquey & Ignorant
Patient Account Representative III (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 12, 2017
None of the individuals in management have any leadership, communication or interpersonal skills. There is absolutely no email etiquette utilized by leadership when communicating among employees. Favoritism runs rampant and prejudice will be felt by anyone that doesn't fit into the company stereotype. The people employed at this company would never be hired to work anywhere else... nor would they survive working anywhere else because of their unprofessional behavior. The company culture and moral are very poor. The pathetic training received is minimal to almost none. Job advancement will only happen if you're related to someone in the company ..which applies to over 1/2 of the company .... nepotism, nepotism, nepotism.
Pros
Didn't have to work on the weekends
Cons
Too many to list!!
wonderful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAJuly 12, 2017
I loved working here. I set my own schedule. You have all the support you need from management and coworkers. The patients are wonderful and the balance of work and home is the best because you are able to work your schedule around your life
Pros
wonderful environment
Cons
Don't care about the driver
Route driver (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 10, 2017
they could less about your life keep you out all night away from your kids. work you like a dog on the weekends. sometimes work 13 to 14 days with out a day off
Steady
Respiratory Therapist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 10, 2017
Setting patients up on sleep and O2 therapy. Driving to patients home for orientation and set up. Driving is a major requirement, but mileage reimbursement is nice.
Pros
Steady
Cons
Slow Pace and traffic.
Not worth your time.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 1, 2017
Management is clueless as to the daily workload they put their employees through. Believe they know what's happening by reading a report compiled by a bunch of middle-management "yes" people that only care about "numbers", NOT their employees.
If you're the type of person that thrives on high stress, low pay, and lots of BS....then this is definitely the place of your dreams.
Pros
friendships developed with peers.
Cons
everything else
Friendly and family culture
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 30, 2017
Good company very well managed. The hardest part of the job is if your a pst is the on call hours. Work place culture is very good easy people to work with.Most enjoyable part of the day is providing excellent care for my patients.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
being on call
Clerk 1, Data Entry Keyers (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 19, 2017
I loved the work atmosphere, the team I was on was great, we worked well together, had fun. Management friendly and in touch with employees, approachable. I worked from home but was involved closely with my co-workers by email, instant messaging and team meetings by conference calls. Good place to work. A day would be opening necessary windows needed to perform the job. Indexing medical records, contacting scanners when problems arose usually everyone co-0perated respective and friendly manner. Kronos used to clock in and out. Most enjoyable part working with good people.
Pros
showing concern for each employee, farmer's market come to work site once a week, CEO transparent open to suggestions and communication
Productive, accomplished customer satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 10, 2017
The company was able to satisfy customer needs for products in healthcare, however the patient score did not meet satisfaction. The company had better scores in Charlotte. The High Point location suffered tremendously.
Pros
Lunch breaks were given in a timeframe
Cons
Patients were not happy with the healthcare
Home health
Customer Service PAR II (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 6, 2017
Worked there for 5 years, was not able to advance. showed favoritism. Was laid off after speaking up for self. some supervisor were nice, some not if there were kissing up.
Pros
Cons
kiss up
Horrible
Lead Supervising Pharmacy Technician III (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 30, 2017
I hated this place the last 6 years I was there. I had become complacent and comfortable so most days was just more "suffering through" than anything. Management is AWFUL!! This place will wind up closing down if they don't get there spending under control.
Pros
There would be nothing other than the people that I became close with
Cons
EVERYTHING that I can think of other than the people I developed close friendships with
Great company
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 29, 2017
Great company to work for, I worked for them for 4 good years until they merged with another company,and all of the governments cuts came along, at that point everything went down hill
Pros
great pay at one point free lunches great clients
Cons
loss wages in pay
A very peaceful place to work.
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 28, 2017
I work with nice people who seem motivated to do a good job. Peer trainers are very patient and kind. I would recommend this job for anyone who is looking for flexibility!
Pros
25 days of vaction from the start of employment
Cons
No specified breaks for part time employees
No room for advancement
Home Health Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 19, 2017
They overload their staff with patients and are very understaffed compared to the amount of patients they have. Management does not provide a positive work environment and often points out everything the nurses do wrong or inadequately rather than providing praise and encouragement to their staff.
Ok place
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  NCMay 18, 2017
Good job but prepare to be on call a lot and not receive any backup while on call especially holidays. If you can't find another job then go try them..
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
no life when on call
Productive job
Referral processor (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 28, 2017
Love what I do speaking with patients daily via phone and helping meet there needs and building the rapper daily with MD offices and patients and there families