Advanced ICU Care Employee Reviews in United States

Worst place I have ever worked
CCRN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
Very busy, fast paced environment. When first came to AICU we were told patient load is around 35 patients. Now we are at 65 patients. The company has promised clients quality care and we can't even give 1/2 the expectation. Benefits are poor in comparison to other companies. There is no room for growth or advancement. Company very unorganized and turnover of management is quicker than turnover with nurses. It literally is the blind leading the blind. Since date of hire...I have seen 3 managers and 5 different workflows. We have had close to 40 people quit in 2015....including doctors that have been there from the start of the company. I would think twice before taking a job there. Grass is not greener. We even have new employees ready to quit because they were lied to about what we really do.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, benefits are low in comparison to other companies, fast paced ver stressful environment.
Aicu
Tele-ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2015
Overall the best job I have ever had. Working collaboratively with other nurses, nurse practitioners, and physicians to deliver the best care to the patients we serve across the U.S. Extremely low stress position. One hour paid lunch break that is uninterrupted. $500 per year for continuing education paid for by the company to be used however the employee sees fit. The hardest part of my job was getting accustomed to amping up my multitasking skills 100 fold. Responsible for taking nurse calls from client hospitals while doing a multitude of other tasks at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my day is the interaction with the patients and bedside nurses in hospitals we serve. It is incredibly satisfying to see the impact we make in the outcomes of patients in reducing ICU length of stay.
Pros
One hour paid lunch
Cons
At at work station for 12 hours.
Company growing rapidly
Data Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2014
The company is growing at such fast pace that they cant hire enough employees and in return causes them to lose so many employees due to the stress of overloading there employees with more patients than they should have.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
overloaded and stressful
Would rate a zero if I could
eICU RN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2016
Whatever sense of innovation and pride once held by the founding providers of this company has long since been neutered by way of the current senior stakeholders. For a company trying to grow and do so much at once, it overlooks some very key, yet common sense principles that could prevent the problems now plaguing this place. This company has really stumbled in the past 12-18 months. While adding multiple additional hospitals, the staff has left because of lacking support, lacking communication, cronyism, poor workflow design, and increasing pressure from the top to squeeze every last drop of work out of the clinical staff. Instead of listening to the resulting complaints by clinicians who are hardest hit, they are told to simply "do the best you can" even when this results in flagrant poor service delivery to the clients. There have been over 40 nurses who have fled the ship, leaving those left behind frequently understaffed and having to take on dangerously high levels of patients... which in the past several weeks has consistently been in the 60-70 patient range. The benefits that everyone else on here has bragged about have been systematically done away with. Used to be quarterly bonuses based on performance metrics. Gone. They used to offer bonus if shifts were short. That went away for a long, long time until a couple weeks ago where they put out a crackpot incentive program to help the very small number of folks who would come in for the overtime anyway. Only 4 hours of education allowed per month which is not nearly enough to cover CME needs. If you need more, too bad  more... so sad.

It wasn't until 6 months ago that the management finally stopped telling employees to share HIS login information... something that is so horribly against HIPAA regulations and could have frankly shut down the entire operation. If only the clients knew...

Stay away from this place. It might seem like a cush job, but it's really not. Not anymore.
Pros
One hour paid lunch
Cons
Abyssmal Nurse Management. Worst you will ever find.
Difficult Tele-ICU company
Data Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
The company is based in St. Louis,MO and had monitoring centers in New York and India. This made communication with Managers, and my immediate supervisor, and other staff difficult at times. The shifts were 12 hours, similar to that of a Hospital. Directives were not easy to follow due to the time difference of the monitoring centers. When I voiced my opinion about the treatment of Data Integration Staff trying to assist the Intensivist, I was berated by the Medical Director and soon after dismissed from my role. I have over five years experience in Healthcare fields and have extensive work with multiple levels of medical staff. I understand the nature of ICU is tough and the majority of Doctors that worked there were professional in every sense of the word, this animosity was built up by a select few who were very obnoxious in their approach to the work.
Pros
if you are into the medical field and icu it is a great place to learn
Cons
nature of the work and the business
New Innovative technology
Clinical Process Coordinator/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2014
typical 12 hour nursing shifts, room for advancement, growing company
Pros
1 hour paid lunch break
Capible management, interesting company.
System Analyst / Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint louis MoMay 12, 2013
Benefits are good
Compensation is on the low side
Not a lot of room for advancement
great benefits
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2014
good for people in school, you learn how to operate registers