Entry to intermediate level technical position. Works as an individual contributor preparing technical drawings and specifications for electromechanical products. Must be detailed oriented, a multi-tasker and someone who gets along well with others. Works under close technical supervision of the Engineering Services Manager and Product Engineers. Assignments are of a non-routine and non-repetitive nature. Results of work are used to create and maintain documentation required to produce current products and to generate documentation for new and enhanced products.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Prepares new and revised detailed drawings, assembly drawings and specifications. Converts documentation from prototype to released versions.
- Performs all drafting support duties for both CAD and paper-based drawings and specifications.
- Provides drawings for technical publications.
- Maintains all print room files (drawings, artwork, part specifications, etc.)
- Maintains all print room supplies (paper, printer cartridges, etc.)
- Provides support for ECO and ISO documentation processes as required.
- Updates electronic database and archives electronic files as required.
High School diploma with formal training (degree, certificate, coursework, etc.) or equivalent experience in preparation of mechanical drawings, electromechanical drawings, and electrical schematics.
- 1 – 2 years experience with SolidWorks preparing detailed and assembly drawings and specifications for electromechanical products; or; 1-2 years experience with equivalent solid modeling CAD application that has established excellent skills for transition to SolidWorks.
- Experience using document archiving software, preferably PDM Works, to establish and maintain revision control of drawings and other technical documentation.
- Experience with an electronic MRP/ERP system and knowledge of product structures and bills of materials is a plus.
Indeed - 2 years ago