Advanced Pain Management

Advanced Pain Management Employer Reviews

Good pay, wonderful staff.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: job security
Good place to work, excellent pay, with freedom to make decision for patient care. patient population is to dependent on axis health plan contract and has therefore made job security very susceptible.
Fun co workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: co workers are helpful
Cons: inconsistencies, no marketing, backstabbing, physicians are horrible to patients, etc.
the co workers in the Green Bay location were fun to work with. But management at the local level through corporate is horrible to work with. Inconsistencies, favoritism, backstabbing physicians, under the table injections, only concerned with saving money with no regard to patient care or patient safety. They have no care about employees or family. Scheduled/hired for a specific hours and routinely get called off an average of 10-12 hours per week. There is NO marketing in Green Bay location so the location is going downhill fast. Physicians there say in front of patients " I don't want to work anymore" which is ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend this pain clinic to anyone!
GREAT PLACE
Radiologic Technologist AND Medical Asst. (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 3, 2015
GREAT ATMOSPHERE AND PHYSICIANS ARE DOWN TO EARTH AND COMPASSIONATE
great place
Extern-- medical assistant (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLDecember 8, 2014
I was very pleased to have an opportunity ex tern there the staff and doctor are great. Very great environment to work in and i learned so many interesting and new things everyday i would definitely recommend.
i pulled and check all OARRS and review the UDS of pt being seen. Check balances of patients check inpatients , change insurance info, discharge all p
Supervisor of Medical Staff (Current Employee), Westerville, OHOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great people, free lunches
Cons: never know what will happen
This is a very fast paced office, the management needs help here .
Externship
Health Claims Medical Billing Externship (Former Employee), Stoneham, MASeptember 23, 2014
I was happy to have the opportunity to complete my externship for school at this company. The people there taught me a lot and were very professional. I learned Insurance verification, UB-90 forms, answering phones, claim auditing and resubmission, patient account analysis, and processed mail. The hardest part of it was learning everything new, but I am a quick learner so it doesn't take me long. The best part was working with the people there and working as a team
Growing Organization
Regional Site Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 28, 2014
Advanced Pain Management is a growing organization that strives to give pain relief to chronic pain patients and restore quality of life for many.
Opportunity to learn new things
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 2, 2014
Must be a patient person, must be compassionate yet firm, must be detail oriented, your able to get training in other areas including surgical centers.
Fun and Exciting
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: food would be delievered so that all the employees can eat lunch together
Cons: this was only an externship and they could not afford to pay me
Working at Advanced Pain Management, was fun i learned how to deal with Insurance Companies and generally they would cooperate with me. I would locate money that the office hadn't received or I would figure out why the Insurance Company didn't want to pay.I fixed the problem then resubmitted the claim to be processed for payment. I enjoyed finding the Doctor's monies.
Fun place to work with physicians
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Madison WIDecember 2, 2013
Visited a lot of PCP and specialty physicians, did a lot of fun things with employees and the community.
Doctor is moody and hard to work with
Nurse (Former Employee), Wausau, WIDecember 2, 2013
Pros: m-f with weekends and evenings off
Cons: doctor and manager...along with back biting, and gossiping staff.
The doctor at the Wausau clinic is very moody, and yells a lot! He is hard to work with as he is always complaining, yelling, and down right disrespectful!
The manager is also very moody, and plays favorites. They work together to cut hours if they do not like you. No one wants to work with either of these two. If you can get rid of that doctor, that manager, and get someone in that actually appreciates the staff, then it would be a better place to work.
There is also a lot of gossip and back biting going on...
They had a great manager before, but...she got pushed out by this doctor...making room for his "mini-me".
Great work place
receptionist (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 11, 2013
Pros: work environment, co-workers
Cons: n/a
On a typical day I would check patients in and out, check insurance, upload information to charts, and schedule for the next appointment. I had learned many new things with insurance and about the medical field. We had very good management to work with. Most co-workers were very good at their jobs and helped out. We all had to work together to get everything done in a day.
One of the hardest things about the job was learning everything that needed to be done and where everything went. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and be around the patients.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), multiple sites in Milwaukee areaOctober 14, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
I work with fabulous co-workers. I have and am still learning so much about pain management.
poor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), MilwaukeeSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: got along great with midlevel providers
Cons: management, physicians, corprorate policy and procedures, no consistency, no support, horrible collaboration, poor documenation by physican
this place has no consistency, lacking communication, support and team work. The doctor is horrible, and the corporate gives too much power to them as well as the site manager, treating staff and midlevels poor, even calling them names behind their back, midlevels are evaluated by site manager and given no good performance review, only negative stuff that comes directly from site manager who has no concept of what midlevels providers do for patient care, etc (no performance eval from peers, no structure in collecting data). if you are on their bad side, corporate wont follow up on why you're not a good fit, instead take words from those who have the upper hand who has the least knowledge of your work performance.
Nice work place
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Evans, GAAugust 21, 2013
Nice place to work. Doctors are very nice. All workers are very pleasant to work with,
great ppl to work with
Licensed Practical Nurse and Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 19, 2013
Definately a "different clientle", however the doctors and nurses are so wonderful to work with it would be hard to leave.
work environment difficult
RN (Former Employee), Greenfield, WIMarch 28, 2013
Employees are seldom reprimanded for issues- one nurse was found looking at another nurse's chart ( the nurse was a patient), and only got a slap on the wrist. Unprofessional behavior by staff at United Medical Center staff; inappropriate conversations and behaviors, some sexual in nature. Numerous HIPPA violations. Very small staff- too much gossip, tattling, no true team work. Enjoyable when patients are not complaining about getting narcotics, physicians are fun to work for. Micromanagement, no encouragement from management. Physicians force sedation on patients even when they do not want it so they can bill for more money.
Fast pace and productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Westerville, OHMarch 2, 2013
Pros: staff is very nice, good, and clean environment
Cons: no health insurance
I have been a medical assistant for about 1 year now. A typical day at the pain management is fast paced job, checking patients in and out of the pain management getting co-pays, checking insurance information, putting patient's in room's, filling out patient's chart information regarding: chief compliant, asking about pain levels, how is there sleep, checking their urine tests from previous month, checking oarrs report, and asking the patient's if there medication is working out ok and getting them ready for 2 pain specialists. The complicated part of the job is calling in patient's for pill counts, and dismissing patient's due to them vilotating the pain contract they signed when they became a new patient. The pleasant part of the job is helping out patient's, and or going out of my way for a patient, so they have a better day than when they came in.

I learned all the pain medication and narcotics that patient's can be prescribed. Both doctors do injections at the pain management, from joint injections, nerve blocks, myoblock and botox injections and trigger point injections. The medical assistant's do matrix: which is consider physical therapy and have Acupunture at the pain management done by an Acupunturist. We do random urine tests done at the workplace to make sure the patient's are taking there medications the doctor's are prescribing them, and not doing anything illegal, or taking anyother medication's the patient's are not prescibed.
Fast Paced, financially driven, very dedicated staff
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Greenfield, WIFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: to much drive time/comute
.I truely enjoy the staff. Faast paced, excellent physicians and support staff.
Miss working ther.
Medical Billing & Coding Intern (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: excellent work enviroment
Cons: accomplished a lot with no promises of employement
Was taught more than enough to function by one's self. Great co-workers. Miss everything about my job duties and the tight nit relationships acquired along the way.