Advanced Pain Management Employee Reviews

Run fast, dont apply!
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 19, 2016
If you enjoy hostility, backbiting, and being lied to your face this is the place!! The manager lies,as well as much of the staff. It is not worth free lunches, while patients are paying hundreds of dollars for the meds the providers prescribe. Tolerate profanity daily, in front of patients, in the lobby, breakroom, it is awful.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, awful management and leaders, backbiting, snobbish, cant trust anyone, profanity in the work place daily.
Great Team Environment and Growing Practice
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 16, 2016
I enjoy working at the Green Bay site very much. Marketing has increased and new added providers shows growth and job stability. Management at the site has changed tremendously and improved the work environment, listens to your concerns, promotes growth and has open door policy with always filled candy dish. I really enjoy my job here. Days go by fast, no weekends, great hours and off holidays. Training is very organized and they ensure you feel comfortable before you are set to do your job. Always different station never a same repeated day. You learn PACU, Admit, OR skills, and RN coordinator skills. You create great friendships here! Would recommend working here!
Pros
Great Team Environment, promoted team work, great new positive changes
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 14, 2016
Great place to learn. Got to help patients that were in severe pain. See patients, obtain vitals, update EMR, work in surgery center and put in IV's, make sure patient is stable to go through sedation if needed. Hours in surgery center not stable. Hours in the clinic are stable. Fun people to work with.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough hours in surgery center
good place to work
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 10, 2016
Checking patients in and out very satisfying, This was my first job in the healthcare field and was very pleasing. There were not very many employees but the ones I worked with were very polite and I learned a lot from each one of them.
Pain Management
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evans, GANovember 29, 2015
I have very good co-works that have no problem teaching and helping people learn. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients and learning new things from my co-workers. The hardest part would be learning the different procedures and learning to drop the correct sterile trays in a sterile manner. There is an excellent management team in place to help all employees.
a great group of peolpe to work with
Supervisor of Medical Staff (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 11, 2015
This has been a fun learn experience with a great group of people. The job can be tough at times but you fell as you have helped the patients at the end of the day. Just like with all jobs it has its ups and down. There are days you forget what you are trying to do but in all in all a good place to have worked
Pros
free lunches and good people
Cons
never know if your getting a break, people yelling at you
Doctors are wonderful.
MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 23, 2015
Doctors and support staff were wonderful to work with. Management needed improvement. Overall fun place to work. This company is all about taking good care of their patients.
This is a company experiencing growing pains
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 14, 2015
The Sheboygan team provides excellent care for their pain patients, even though the corporate team struggles with growing pains.
They have vendors come in and serve lunch at lease 3 times a month
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 30, 2015
They are a good company but not enough work to provide good health coverage nor is the pay good for the work that the company has you do. But, I liked the work that I did, so the you have the way out the pros and cons if you like to work with this company
Pros
vendors bring lunch about 3 times a month
Cons
hours are great, no weekends
was an experience
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Stoneham, MAAugust 22, 2015
place was one I would not enjoy working in as doctors yelled at staff and all staff talked about each other and you can read reviews about this place online.
Great place for growth
Pre-Authorization Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJuly 8, 2015
I started in Medical Records as a part time employee while I was still in High School and have advanced to several departments, became a lead, and now currently supervise multiple departments.
Fun co workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 16, 2015
the co workers in the Green Bay location were fun to work with. But management at the local level through corporate is horrible to work with. Inconsistencies, favoritism, backstabbing physicians, under the table injections, only concerned with saving money with no regard to patient care or patient safety. They have no care about employees or family. Scheduled/hired for a specific hours and routinely get called off an average of 10-12 hours per week. There is NO marketing in Green Bay location so the location is going downhill fast. Physicians there say in front of patients " I don't want to work anymore" which is ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend this pain clinic to anyone!
Pros
Co workers are helpful
Cons
inconsistencies, no marketing, backstabbing, physicians are horrible to patients, etc.
Externship
Health Claims Medical Billing Externship (Former Employee) –  Stoneham, MASeptember 23, 2014
I was happy to have the opportunity to complete my externship for school at this company. The people there taught me a lot and were very professional. I learned Insurance verification, UB-90 forms, answering phones, claim auditing and resubmission, patient account analysis, and processed mail. The hardest part of it was learning everything new, but I am a quick learner so it doesn't take me long. The best part was working with the people there and working as a team
Great team workplace
Staff Nurse Leader and Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIMarch 3, 2015
APM is a great place to work, as they promote internal growth opportunities. They really try to consider employees opinions and comments, to make the atmosphere a more attractive place to work.
Pros
great flexibility, and life-work balance
Cons
lower pay scales
Fun and Exciting
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Working at Advanced Pain Management, was fun i learned how to deal with Insurance Companies and generally they would cooperate with me. I would locate money that the office hadn't received or I would figure out why the Insurance Company didn't want to pay.I fixed the problem then resubmitted the claim to be processed for payment. I enjoyed finding the Doctor's monies.
Pros
food would be delievered so that all the employees can eat lunch together
Cons
this was only an externship and they could not afford to pay me
Doctor is moody and hard to work with
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 2, 2013
The doctor at the Wausau clinic is very moody, and yells a lot! He is hard to work with as he is always complaining, yelling, and down right disrespectful!
The manager is also very moody, and plays favorites. They work together to cut hours if they do not like you. No one wants to work with either of these two. If you can get rid of that doctor, that manager, and get someone in that actually appreciates the staff, then it would be a better place to work.
There is also a lot of gossip and back biting going on...
They had a great manager before, but...she got pushed out by this doctor...making room for his "mini-me".
Pros
m-f with weekends and evenings off
Cons
doctor and manager...along with back biting, and gossiping staff.
Great work place
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 11, 2013
On a typical day I would check patients in and out, check insurance, upload information to charts, and schedule for the next appointment. I had learned many new things with insurance and about the medical field. We had very good management to work with. Most co-workers were very good at their jobs and helped out. We all had to work together to get everything done in a day.
One of the hardest things about the job was learning everything that needed to be done and where everything went. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and be around the patients.
Pros
work environment, co-workers
Cons
n/a
Very disorganized office
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 29, 2012
I have never worked for such a disorganized medical stmospher as this office.
Office workers calling their own prescriptions
Doctor over prescribing medications for patients
After working for awhile I saw that I wanted no part of this office.

Office was shut down by the DEA September 2012 for illegal prescription prescribing.
Pros
i learned how to do precerts, how to read demographics and knowledge of medical insurance
Cons
i could not work for a doctor i felt was doing illeagel drug prescribing
work environment difficult
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIMarch 28, 2013
Employees are seldom reprimanded for issues- one nurse was found looking at another nurse's chart ( the nurse was a patient), and only got a slap on the wrist. Unprofessional behavior by staff at United Medical Center staff; inappropriate conversations and behaviors, some sexual in nature. Numerous HIPPA violations. Very small staff- too much gossip, tattling, no true team work. Enjoyable when patients are not complaining about getting narcotics, physicians are fun to work for. Micromanagement, no encouragement from management. Physicians force sedation on patients even when they do not want it so they can bill for more money.
Fun and Unorganized
School Externship/Temporary Hire (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAApril 24, 2012
I did an internship from school here, their staff was so nice and helpful. They had a new system set up so they didn't know what they were doing. I was hired on temporary to help the office catch up a little more. They were very unorganized and back up on paper work but they employees were so much fun.
Pros
free lunches, great people, great doctors
Cons
cheap doctors

2.6