Advanced Pharmacy Employee Reviews in United States

poor communication throughout company
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2015
The work hours are 15+ hours daily. The Pharmacy Automation did not work very well. On Call hrs on week end 30 + hrs. the machines we worked on broke down to many times in a week.
Pros
work stability
Cons
80+hrs weekly
productive environment
CPhT (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 8, 2015
I started as an intern and was hired on after internship, love working with my helpful co-workers. Holiday parties are always fun; hardest part of the job is stress on the most busiest days especially when order entry are cross trained in every position. Examples (IV, fill line, compounding)
Pros
in service lunches
Cons
healthcare benefits, PTO accrual, salary
its a great peaceful place to work at with nice and sweet people.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJune 7, 2015
this is the pharmacy where I did my externship and I really liked it, its a great place to work at, it was my pharmacy where I got a little experience. I learned duties from mostly all areas, I learned a lot.
Productive and rewarding
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAMarch 12, 2015
Team work is always a plus and all are equal, great place to work, very family oriented. Family owed company and customers/patients are always 1st priority.
Very Professional
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2014
Always plenty of work. Great company! Very respectful. Excellent teamwork!
fun place to work at.
Collector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2014
Position in a Team Oriented Environment is a Must.
BILLER/ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at work is a fast paced, you need to be organized and detail oriented and need to be able to work well under pressure. I always had great co-workers that were team oriented. One of the hardest thing to do is to be able to train an old employee that has been at the company for many years to be open to Change.

One of the most enjoyable part of my job was when a Complicated Task was given, how we all worked together to get the job done in a timely manner.
Pros
free lunch is nice, relaxed atmosphere, etc.
Cons
healthcare, no breaks, etc.
Productive fast paced Environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 7, 2014
Advanced Rx was a very healthy environment with extremely efficient co-workers. We had a fast paced job setting where we had to meet deadlines twice a day to get medications out to several contracted long term care and nursing home facilities. I worked directly under the pharmacists supervision and assisted in order entry, adjudication, filling IVs and compounds. The most enjoyable part of the job was not being micromanaged by our management. We all were very efficient at doing our job and never missed a deadline. The hardest part of the job was also to stay organized and meet deadlines with a high intensity work flow, but we always succeeded at doing so.
Pros
organized flow of work
Cons
pay
A good company to work for.
Data Entry Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MarylandApril 1, 2014
A good company to work for. Multiple opportunities to work in different departments of pharmacy. This job allowed me to appreciate the elderly even more. Management had tendency to change within 8-10month period each year. No task was hardest to me because I like challenges and allowed room for growth. I most enjoyed the team work effort with RPHs!
Pros
multitask atmosphere
Cons
short lunch
Very Flexilbe with personal life
Pharmacy Biller (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 9, 2013
You do stay busy being a biller and most of my co-workers are wonderful and then you have the others.
areas of growth with proper guidence
medical billing (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 6, 2013
basic pharmacy production to long term care medical facilities
Pros
this is an upstart company
Cons
not all pharmacy laws are respected
Challenging position with limited advancement opportunities
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 1, 2013
The best thing I took from working at Advanced Pharmacy is the experience. I learned a lot about working in the long-term care aspect of pharmacy.
Pros
challenging, fast-paced...
Cons
unfair treatment of employees who aren't related...
Professional challenging employer
Customer Service Rep/ Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TexasJuly 21, 2013
Days at Advanced Pharmacy were fast paced, challenging, and diverse. From them I learned to communicate on all levels with employees doctors, nurses, patients family members etc. I assisted in creating a professional, functional, and positive work environment. The hardest part of the job was being on call during hurricane season which required traveling during devastating situations or being glued to my lap top 24/7 for several days at a time with minimal sleep. The most enjoyable part was the challenges, meeting those deadline several times a day. Being a part of the team was phenomenal! As a group 24 hours a day 7 days a week we provided patients comfort and professional service in a timely manner.
Pros
customer interaction, fast pace, team work
Cons
career advancement, management
friendly environment
Registered Pharmacy Technician ( Lead IV Room ) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2012
Fun Workplace. Long - term care facility. Management is awesome
Pros
free lunches
Cons
non 401k matching
Enjoy providing customer service to all clients
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAOctober 29, 2012
Great place to work for, I was able to touch alot of families and provide support in their medical needs. It felt very satisfying at the end of each day.
Pros
i was able provide support to clients at home.
making your own hourly schedule
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2012
for the most part a good company to work for, but changes are coming...
Pros
work from home
Cons
24 / 7
Terrible management and high turn over rate
Pharmacy Technician/IV Technician (Current Employee) –  HOUSTON, TEXASApril 7, 2012
This is a terrible place to work. Management likes to micromanage. Wouldn't not recommend that anyone work here.
Cons
poor manangement, high turn rate
It's ok just not secure
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 1, 2011
There were things about this company I really liked and others that I did not. Overall my experience there was positive. There is not room for advancement nor do they give raises. The management and organization is poor. Too many managers and too many egos. I was laid off due to someone not performing their job. Therefore they lost my accounts and left me without a job. Very frustrating. being on call 24/7 is really hard to get used
A few good things. They do pay well, when you have to travel there is no out of pocket expenses and you work out of your home.
Pros
decent pay, home office
Cons
poor management, on-call 24/7