ADVANCED PHYSICAL THERAPY Employee Reviews

Fun and upbeat employers, dynamic work
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 17, 2017
I learned a lot from every physical therapist at this facility. They are happy to teach and willing to let you observe. I greatly enjoyed going through the exercises with the patients. The greatest benefit of this job was all the hands on experience, such as setting up the electrical stimulation, soft tissue massage, and leading the patients through their stretches. Physical Therapy is a rewarding job as you actually get to witness every patient heal and improve in their daily functions.
Good productive place to work.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, NJMarch 16, 2017
This was an internship. I worked with wonderful people. I basically ran errands for the doctor, filed and did data entry in the computer. I did some light cleaning.
Pros
free lunches, the job was close by, professional atmosphere.
Cons
It was not a permanent job. It was volunteer.
I loved working there-private owned company
AR SPECIALIST/SENIOR PAYMENT POSTER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2017
I worked there for almost 13 years- I loved it. I learned alot-I had fun at work all the girls got along for the most part. We were all very sad when they sold the company to ATI-Their corporate office was out of Chicago so they didn't need us anymore-we left in groups a little at a time. it was like losing a family we all still try and stay in touch.
Pros
hour for lunch-easy to get time off-12 day off once a week
Rude and Condesending
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKDecember 9, 2016
If youre not a therapist you are treated like garbage. People are very rude. The only plus is the patients who are very nice ususally.
Amazing boss
Physicians Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2016
Typical day at work was really busy.
I learned about Durable Medical Equipment
My Dr was the most amazing guy to work for
I was the only one there
Hardest part was his moving to Telford,Pa
My patients
Pros
the inviorement
Cons
not getting lunch
Fun place to work with compassionate co-workers
PTA (Current Employee) –  Clio, MIAugust 2, 2016
I love my job and the patients that I treat. I enjoy being able to help others to achieve their goals and return them to the functional activities that their injury or illness is preventing them from doing. My patients that I see are the most enjoyable part of every day at work. Management tries to work with the employees with their schedules to some degree, but it is very hard to work here with a family. The office is open from 6:30 am-7pm and the hardest part for me is not being able to be home to see my child before I have to get my child fed and off to bed. I have learned so much from all of my co-workers there, from MET to some joint mobilizations that I didn't learn in school. I am looking for somewhere new to continue to grow in my profession and help rehabilitate patients.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
patient scheduling
Poor management
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMay 4, 2016
The patients that I treated were great along with my other co workers. However the management was very poor. They did not want to pay you for the hours you worked and were constantly looking at ways to cut your pay.
Pros
They pay some for continuing education
Cons
Poor pay
Get working and healing enviroment
Patient Administrator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 28, 2016
LOVED this job! Very busy work environment and lots of therapist. Everyone was more like family including patients. Great management, great benefits, great coworkers!
Great place to start if you are new to the fitness world
Receptionist/ PT Tech (Current Employee) –  Haysville, KSDecember 29, 2015
WSU Campus Rec is a great beginner position. I started personal training and teaching fitness classes there and really enjoyed it. The staff is great and the environment is fun to be apart of. The pay is average. You do get to pick your hours for the most part so this can be very flexible for students.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Average pay
Great enviroment, very friendly employees, poor management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 17, 2015
Met owner only once and that was very fast. His manager was very friendly and the employees also. Appointments had to be made with productivity for the clinic.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Owner was not present enough
Family enviroment
Patient Representative to Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cranford,NJMarch 25, 2015
The friends I made at Advanced I now consider family. It was a wonderful working environment. I cannot speak more highly of my experience here.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Very busy Physical Therapy Practice and was able to provide fast,efficient care to the patients
Patient Administrator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 16, 2015
We would see on an average 100 patients a day. We had 15 Doctors .. When I started working for them my position was a patient administrator my second year with the practice I opened up and managed our 4th clinic. I got along very well with my co-workers..the hardest part of the job was the changing of insurances and billing coding at times could be difficult..but challenging which i love challenge... the most enjoyable part of the job was the patients
Pros
benefits, 2-15 minutes and 1 hour lunches, being able to work with patients and help them feel better
Cons
I have no cons at this time.
manangers were always changing but mostly a positive environment
LPTA (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 6, 2015
This was a full time position and my first in Gainesville, FL. Co-workers were close and easy to get along with.Clinical managers seemed to change a lot but the environment remained professional.Getting the paperwork in on time was always a challenge. The most enjoyable was learning new techs that I could carry with me the rest of my career .
Pros
One hour lunch and flexiblity with my children
Cons
paperwork and being resposible for Pt's not showing up for their appointments.
Can be a bit chaotic
CORPORATE WELLNESS DIRECTOR/TRAINER/INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIOctober 3, 2014
Nice, comfortable place, but a lot is asked of employees such as giving up vacation and family time.
Valuable experience
Certified Massage Therapist/PT aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMay 7, 2014
This is a good company but very fast paced. An employee can expect job security but also to put in a lot of effort. Pay isn't the best but also not the worst. Overall very valuable work experience.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Stress
Fun work place, very fast paced clinic
Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MINovember 28, 2013
Typical day on the job includes assisting the PT and PTA with patient care and doing everything from filling to cleaning rooms. The management is great. They are very knowledgeable and know how to run a successful clinic. Most of all the coworkers are amazing to work with, all of them are very smart and genuinely love there patients.
Friendly home like family with the employees awesome place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 22, 2013
very busy an hectic but everyone worked as a team to make things better. loved dealing with all the patients that came in.
Pros
good pay great boss
Cons
no breaks
Fast paced
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 22, 2013
Open 7am-7pm. Flexiable hours. Fun enviroment with staff.
Very peaceful invironment where everyone got along well.
MEDICAL BILLER AND CODER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2013
A typical day at work was busy but not stressful. I always made it to work on time and made sure o keep busy. I learned how to excel in jobs that I already knew, how to become better at what I do with better experience. I loved my management that left it up to us to do our job correctly and would check in on us something. My co-workers were the best we got along very well, it was the best. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the clients to pay there bill. the most enjoyable part was being able to get the experience I need to grow and be the best I can be.
fun coworkers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Angola, INJuly 28, 2013
I learned a lot at this place. things to help you heal. exercises to learn. coworkers were very nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADVANCED PHYSICAL THERAPY. Our community is ready to answer.