ADVANCED PHYSICAL THERAPY Employee Reviews

Great place to start if you are new to the fitness world
Receptionist/ PT Tech (Current Employee) –  Haysville, KSDecember 29, 2015
WSU Campus Rec is a great beginner position. I started personal training and teaching fitness classes there and really enjoyed it. The staff is great and the environment is fun to be apart of. The pay is average. You do get to pick your hours for the most part so this can be very flexible for students.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Average pay
Great enviroment, very friendly employees, poor management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 17, 2015
Met owner only once and that was very fast. His manager was very friendly and the employees also. Appointments had to be made with productivity for the clinic.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Owner was not present enough
Family enviroment
Patient Representative to Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cranford,NJMarch 25, 2015
The friends I made at Advanced I now consider family. It was a wonderful working environment. I cannot speak more highly of my experience here.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Very busy Physical Therapy Practice and was able to provide fast,efficient care to the patients
Patient Administrator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 16, 2015
We would see on an average 100 patients a day. We had 15 Doctors .. When I started working for them my position was a patient administrator my second year with the practice I opened up and managed our 4th clinic. I got along very well with my co-workers..the hardest part of the job was the changing of insurances and billing coding at times could be difficult..but challenging which i love challenge... the most enjoyable part of the job was the patients
Pros
benefits, 2-15 minutes and 1 hour lunches, being able to work with patients and help them feel better
Cons
i have no cons at this time.
manangers were always changing but mostly a positive environment
LPTA (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 6, 2015
This was a full time position and my first in Gainesville, FL. Co-workers were close and easy to get along with.Clinical managers seemed to change a lot but the environment remained professional.Getting the paperwork in on time was always a challenge. The most enjoyable was learning new techs that I could carry with me the rest of my career .
Pros
one hour lunch and flexiblity with my children
Cons
paperwork and being resposible for pt's not showing up for their appointments.
Can be a bit chaotic
CORPORATE WELLNESS DIRECTOR/TRAINER/INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIOctober 3, 2014
Nice, comfortable place, but a lot is asked of employees such as giving up vacation and family time.
Valuable experience
Certified Massage Therapist/PT aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMay 7, 2014
This is a good company but very fast paced. An employee can expect job security but also to put in a lot of effort. Pay isn't the best but also not the worst. Overall very valuable work experience.
Pros
steady work
Cons
stress
Fun work place, very fast paced clinic
Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MINovember 28, 2013
Typical day on the job includes assisting the PT and PTA with patient care and doing everything from filling to cleaning rooms. The management is great. They are very knowledgeable and know how to run a successful clinic. Most of all the coworkers are amazing to work with, all of them are very smart and genuinely love there patients.
Friendly home like family with the employees awesome place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 22, 2013
very busy an hectic but everyone worked as a team to make things better. loved dealing with all the patients that came in.
Pros
good pay great boss
Cons
no breaks
Fast paced
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 22, 2013
Open 7am-7pm. Flexiable hours. Fun enviroment with staff.
Very peaceful invironment where everyone got along well.
MEDICAL BILLER AND CODER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2013
A typical day at work was busy but not stressful. I always made it to work on time and made sure o keep busy. I learned how to excel in jobs that I already knew, how to become better at what I do with better experience. I loved my management that left it up to us to do our job correctly and would check in on us something. My co-workers were the best we got along very well, it was the best. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the clients to pay there bill. the most enjoyable part was being able to get the experience I need to grow and be the best I can be.
fun coworkers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Angola, INJuly 28, 2013
I learned a lot at this place. things to help you heal. exercises to learn. coworkers were very nice.
Great company
Office Manager & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIMay 30, 2013
Enjoyable and innovative place of business where I felt I could grow, learn, and be successful. All of which I accomplished while being employed there. Staff was a joy to work with and very attentive with their patients. I was able to be promoted from administrative assistant to office manager through proof of strong time management, much self initiation, and dedication. Upper management recognized my work ethic and I always received feedback of my work. Overall working at Advanced Physical Therapy was a pleasure.
Could use some help
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 24, 2013
My overall review with this company is that it needs a little help. Communication is not always as it should be. Employees struggle with only getting paid once a month. There really is no sense of job security.
Pros
understands family comes first.
Cons
no job security.
Busy work place
EXERCISE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaMay 23, 2013
Lots of patients to see! Always busy. Management was flexible with school schedule. I loved working with new patients daily. It was tough when there were more than 4 patients scheduled at once but we always got through it! Overall good place to work.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
pay
Great work environment!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2013
Everyone was extremely nice and loved to work! Patients loved being treated there. All the Physical Therapist were very well educated and treated patients with the best care.
Pros
hour lunches, flexible hours
benefits
no job security
PTA (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 4, 2013
I was given a job offer and fired 1 week after starting because the manager said that the clinic wasn't busy enough for a full time clinician even when I was willing to work the part time hours and help pick up hours at other locations. They weren't happy with that and gave me no feed back on why.
Very stressful work day / No Team Work but very satisfying client relations and interaction
Medical Secretary/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2012
Atypical day would start by my distributing mail and task assignments for staff, then going on with meeting and greeting clients,dealing with insurance companies and benefits, and with daily deposits - afternoons were dedicated to legal matters, interpretation & translation of documents
I learned about insurance and their modus operandi-made a lot of contacts - Also about the legal implications phisical therapy might be subject to
Management and co- workers, though not very interactive were helpful and good to work with
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the legal aspects so as for everyone to end up somewhat satisfied
The most enjoyable.....The contacts and lasting relationships I forged
and being involved in Translations and Interpreting duties.
Pros
easy drive from home/safe working atmosphere
Cons
isolated facility - not much to do around during breaks or lunch
Fun and friendly
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 12, 2012
Therapist very knowledgeable, but management needs to treat their employees better.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no room to move up
Great work environment. Family atmosphere.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 17, 2012
Great place to work. Very patient friendly environment and all the therapists are very well trained and friendly. Days vary from early to late to allow for pre and post work patients. Would recommend this clinic to anyone.