Advanced Radiology

Advanced Radiology Employer Reviews

NOT PRODUCTIVE, NO FUN.
❸ Liaison between the physician and the patient (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDMarch 10, 2014
THIS JOB SUCKS, NO MORALE. NO RAISES. STRESSFUL AND UNDERPAID. MANAGEMENT IS NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE. NO COMMUNICATION. YOU WONT BE NOTIFIED IN OFFICE OR OFFICE POLICIES UNTIL MAJOR THINGS HAPPEN. AND NO OVERTIME.
Enjoyable places to work. Enjoyed working with Physicians, patients, and co-workers.
Secretarial Supervisor (Former Employee), Towson, MDDecember 2, 2013
Greeting, registering patients for diagnostic testing, scheduling appointment, managing staff, answering telephones, filing, data entry insurance information for billing purposes.
Co-workers were always pleasant.
Enjoyed working with patients and co-workers.
laid off, closing Mt. Pocono office, old equipment, little increase in pay in the 6 yrs i worked there.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee), Mt. Pocono and East Stroudsburg PANovember 25, 2013
Pros: close proximity to home.
Cons: not enough patients.
The radiologists are wonderful people to work with. Both managers left for other employment. The person now managing both offices has no experience other than being a receptionist.
Busy workplace. Jobs not secure.
X-Ray Technologist/Mammo technologist (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDOctober 28, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: uncertainty of job security
A lot of patients.
I learned to move quickly and efficiently.
Most enjoyable are the patients and my co-workers.
Horrible place to work.
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2013
Cons: everything
You must work fast, but without making any mistakes. They also do layoff's and shift changes every 6 months, which makes the office morale very low. I have been in this field for 10 years and have never hated going to work as much as I do now. There is no continuity and very poor communication between management and technologist. We find out about rule – more... changes by getting scolded for not following these mysterious rules. – less
Lots of money to be made!
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2013
You get perks for working for this company and emails with lots of positive things to do. There is knowledgable people there to work with.
Great place
Student Radiographer (Former Employee), Ellicott City, MDJune 9, 2013
At Advanced Radiology, the patient volume is extremely high at times, and the patient wait time may be long. But the techs never become stressed or cramped for time. They all were so friendly and very eager to teach the students. All of the techs had their own techniques, hints, and tricks for the students. I appreciated all of their help and took everything – more... they said to heart. – less
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Lutherville, MDApril 30, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: short breaks
I REALLY DID LIKE THE JOB BUT THE HOURS WERE AT NIGHT AND DID NOT WORK WELL WITH ME GETTING HOME. ALSO, THE TEAM WORK AND EFFORT IS HORRIBLE.
Great Job
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDApril 22, 2013
Pros: great
Cons: n/a
Scheduled radiology appointments for patients. Input data entry on a daily basis.
When your job is on the line due to massive layoffs, it's kind of hard to be happy.
Medical transcriptionist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2013
I typically do transcription for 8 hours day. It may be sound boring to some, but it's what I do and I enjoy it. I have learned a lot, have a massive knowledge of medical terminology and strive for quality in eveything I bring to the table.
Fast paced and busy environment with great people to work with
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Pikesville,MDFebruary 20, 2013
A typical day at work would be handeling different problems and coming up with solution to assist patients. Learning new insurance info and updates. Management is fair and very helpful and supportive. Coworkers are easy to get along with but hardest part of my job is expressing concerns to my coworker whom I feel may not be acting as a team player and – more... doing their part. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my coworkers are like family and when something is going wrong they are there to help. – less
everyone did their job well
Film Librarian (Former Employee), Westminster, MDFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: we were helping patients
Cons: needed job variety
Steady paced job. Learned about Radiology. Management and co-workers were professional.
The hardest part of the job was I would have liked to have been able to do other things in the office. The best part of the job was many of the co-workers had a good sense of humor.
Full Charge Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Vineland, NJJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: co workers and knowledge
Cons: management was stealing, i felt uncomfortable.
Learned all facets of quickbooks and how to handle payroll issues.
Fast-paced environment dealing with all types of people over the telephone to set appointments for medical radiological testing.
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Rosedale, MDDecember 9, 2012
Pros: good hours, short commute.
Cons: lack of raises for the entire company for past four years.
The best part of this job is a sense of satisfaction in knowing I make a positive difference in the lives of people who are concerned about their health. Sometimes that is in getting them scheduled as soon as possible. Other times it is in calming them by simply listening to and understanding their fears about a needed medical test.

I work with a lot – more... of good and caring people. The hardest part is the fast pace, but it does make the day go quickly.

In addition to having learned a lot of medical information due to the nature of the job, I have also learned to develop a higher degree of patience with difficult situations. – less
Professional facilities
CT Tech PRN/FLOAT (Former Employee), Baltimore, Ellicot City, Glen Burnie, MDNovember 11, 2012
Pros: co workers
Even though very busy, the flow seems to be okay because the techs and front desk all work together. Two CT techs keep the patient flow running smooth and efficient.
Productive and a very pleasant place to work with much opportunity for growth.
Insurance Follow-Up Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 21, 2012
A typical day at work at Advanced Radiology was very pleasant and calm. I had an opportunity to work for them about 10 years and had many changing roles in the company. In each role, I was able to learn different dynamics of the company. From medical records, to cash posting, to customer service, edits, pre-authorizations, demographics, charge entry, – more... insurance follow-up, etc. This gave me an abundance of knowledge that stays with me even to this day. The work atmosphere was very diverse, the people and management were excellent and structured. The hardest part of the job was making sure I did not neglect my task for helping others. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I worked for a great company and it allowed me with room for growth. Had I not relocated to the state of Georgia, I would still be working for this company today. – less
Fast pased work enviornment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2012
Required to answer at least 100 calls a day
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers
Nice place to work.
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2012
I schedule appointments for various test. Great teamwork. Nice atmosphere. They taught me a lot about the medicine.
Awesome
Director of Operations (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLSeptember 27, 2012
Out of business. Sold to Mobilexusa. This job was awesome. The bosses were great people and worked just as hard as the staff. Never did you feel like you alone.
ORA was a short term, when Advanced Radiology hired me back (previous Rock Island Radiology)
Payment Specialist (Former Employee), Moline, ILSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: i worked the hours that were needed, and the staff was great.
Cons: i had to end employment to take care of my father, and babysit a new granddaughter.
ORA had it's issue's with wage freeze, and not telling employees that the work they were doing was bad or good..so when Advanced Radiology wanted me back I had to work out the 2 weeks at both places because Advanced needed me right away to post payments.
My days consisted of posting payments in AM, file claims, do refunds, balance out posting for bank – more... deposits in PM. Hardly spoke to patients, only insurance companies to get accounts processed. My 12 years with Advanced had me spoiled with the posting I was 99% accurate, and hardly ever payments on the wrong accounts, and the deposit's were always accurate. – less