Advanced Radiology Employee Reviews

Productive Call Center
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJune 9, 2017
A typical day would be answering calls and scheduling patients. I learned a lot about the medical industry. Management was fantastic. Culture is like a family. Hardest part is mean patients. Most enjoyable is your coworkers.
pro always advancing technology
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 7, 2017
work days very busy
always learning new technology
team work throughout
fellow workers became like family
enjoyed patient interaction
generous benefits
Productive while it lasted
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMay 1, 2017
I liked how I was basically on my own working here Monday-Friday
I worked nights, sometimes weekends depending on how much work there was.
Overall a good experience
Fast Paced and High Stress Working Environment
Patient Intake/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDMarch 30, 2017
The corporate division of this company is very motivated by the dollar. While the local management does it's best to comply, it results in the over-scheduling of patients, backlogs in each modality of the radiology practice and low employee morale. They have not given raises in over 13 years so many employees do not feel motivated.
I did enjoy the actual work with the patients, many of whom were cancer patients. It was a rewarding challenge to look for ways to make their day a little better than it was before they came in to see us. I also enjoyed learning about the different radiological tests, the prep for each and what they might reveal.
very professional setting
Insurance Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMarch 20, 2017
i love working here, the shifts here are very flexible. advanced radiology is all about teamwork and that's what i like about, and its also very convenient
I liked the people that I work with very much.
Business Office Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for Advanced Radiology for 4 years.
They provided a great service to all their patients.
I liked the people that I work with very much.
And I learned a lot,
Pros
Great get togethers
Cons
Lunch breaks to short
No growth
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pikesville, MDMarch 13, 2017
The company treats the employees like slaves.No growth, no bonuses, no raises. Waste of time. Expensive benefits. Old machines. Always looking to make a quick buck off patients.
Pros
Friendly co workers, occasionally free lunch
Cons
No raises, no growth
Very Diverse
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MD 21237March 6, 2017
A typical day would consist of registering patients for various imaging studies, collecting any out of pocket expenses, prescreening patients for MRI safety, and documenting allergies and significant medical history. I learned how many ways people handle stress. Many of our patient's were very worried about the results of the impending imaging. Management was usually very helpful with questions. The hardest part of the job was having to remain seated for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and connecting with so many people.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
Not enough hours
Disappointed at this employer
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Unfortunately, work ethics were not valued at this facility. Manipulative employees and false reports were common. This is not the place for me.
Pros
Good at job duties
Cons
Others did not adhere to protocol and dishonestly prevailed
Medical office
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 15, 2017
Working with physicians always a pleasure, communication between office staff difficult at times. Periodic alliances made one feel targeted or unsafe, been sometime since worked at this establishment
Pros
Experience
Cons
culture
I love it
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDNovember 20, 2016
The atmosphere is great when you work with great people. I love the interaction you get with different individuals who walk through the door because no patient is the same
Very fun place to work, but very far away.
Tech Aide (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 8, 2016
I have learned a lot while working here. I enjoy working with my co workers and patients. This is a job that i truly enjoy. I wish this job was closer to home
Pros
A great group of people to work with.
Cons
To far away. It is about a 72 mile drive round trip.
A caring, compassionate enviroment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 21, 2015
I've been working with Advanced Radiology for over 11 years. I love working with the patients everyday and assisting them their health needs.
Pros
Health care benefits for radiology services
Cons
short lunches
Fast paced busy office
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 5, 2015
Busy fast paced job. Lots of variety of exams. I enjoy meeting the patients and talking with them. Sometimes I can even learn a new thing or two from my patient about health care.
Best part is working with my fellow colleagues. We work well together and if you have a question or vice versa we are there for each other. If you need another pair of eyes for an exam everyone is willing to help.
Yes we can goof and joke around but we get the job done.
Pros
Variety of exams. Not all of the same test.
Cons
Sometimes too fast paced.
Busy workplace
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDAugust 17, 2015
I never realized how much was involved in scheduling patients for tests. I have learned a lot working for this company. Overall it is a good company but I do not like working 11:30 to 8 everyday of the week. I was told I would get a day shift but it hasnt happened yet which is why I am looking for another position. They also should pay more than what they do for all the work that the schedulers have to do.
Pros
steady work
Cons
not enough money, short break
Excellent place to work
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 9, 2015
I loved working at Advanced Radiology. I worked with a fantastic group of people and our equipment was up to date and easy to use.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Busy, fast paced at times, delightful patients, rewarding
PSR-Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDApril 17, 2015
Anything can happen such as scanners going down, patients becoming upset, phones ringing off the hook. Overall, very satisfying work helping people who are having exams done to determine medical issues. Management could be good or bad depending on who your manager is, but usually decent. Co workers varied depending on which site you are working at. The hardest part of the job is being unable to fully assist a patient to the fullest capacity which is usually an exception. An enjoyable part of this job is the interaction with the diverse patient pool, meeting and helping various people throughout the day.
Pros
good health insurance, sometimes lunch rewards, hours.
Cons
sometimes too strict with parameters and not fully training staff
Overtime
Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2015
Ok place to work if you do not have children. You can hardly get your work do due to all the mangers constantly crowding you!
Pros
Overtime is available
Cons
Too many managers
CC Good Place
Patient Service Coordinator, CC (Former Employee) –  westminster, mdApril 2, 2015
A typical day at work is receiving inbound and occasional outbound calls mainly to doc. offices to confirm if the patient has the correct information or you need information. Everyone in the CC is willing to help and very knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job is a busy day where you can take any where from 70-100+ phone calls and trying to complete ancillary tasks on top of a busy day.
Management is always willing to work with you. You are doing a good job if they give you additional ancillary tasks.
Pros
awesome colleagues, knowledgeable staff
Cons
no raises, short lunch break
High turnover rate
Insurance Verification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2015
The people who work here are a great group of people. The management team however I think shows favoritism. The reason I say this is because there is a lot of family that work together and side by side with management.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
They do not give raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Radiology. Our community is ready to answer.