Advanced Radiology Employee Reviews in United States

CC Good Place
Patient Service Coordinator, CC (Former Employee) –  westminster, mdApril 2, 2015
A typical day at work is receiving inbound and occasional outbound calls mainly to doc. offices to confirm if the patient has the correct information or you need information. Everyone in the CC is willing to help and very knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job is a busy day where you can take any where from 70-100+ phone calls and trying to complete ancillary tasks on top of a busy day.
Management is always willing to work with you. You are doing a good job if they give you additional ancillary tasks.
Pros
awesome colleagues, knowledgeable staff
Cons
no raises, short lunch break
Very fun place to work, but very far away.
Tech Aide (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 8, 2016
I have learned a lot while working here. I enjoy working with my co workers and patients. This is a job that i truly enjoy. I wish this job was closer to home
Pros
A great group of people to work with.
Cons
To far away. It is about a 72 mile drive round trip.
Fast paced busy office
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 5, 2015
Busy fast paced job. Lots of variety of exams. I enjoy meeting the patients and talking with them. Sometimes I can even learn a new thing or two from my patient about health care.
Best part is working with my fellow colleagues. We work well together and if you have a question or vice versa we are there for each other. If you need another pair of eyes for an exam everyone is willing to help.
Yes we can goof and joke around but we get the job done.
Pros
Variety of exams. Not all of the same test.
Cons
Sometimes too fast paced.
High turnover rate
Insurance Verification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2015
The people who work here are a great group of people. The management team however I think shows favoritism. The reason I say this is because there is a lot of family that work together and side by side with management.
Pros
convenient
Cons
they do not give raises
Busy, fast paced at times, delightful patients, rewarding
PSR-Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDApril 17, 2015
Anything can happen such as scanners going down, patients becoming upset, phones ringing off the hook. Overall, very satisfying work helping people who are having exams done to determine medical issues. Management could be good or bad depending on who your manager is, but usually decent. Co workers varied depending on which site you are working at. The hardest part of the job is being unable to fully assist a patient to the fullest capacity which is usually an exception. An enjoyable part of this job is the interaction with the diverse patient pool, meeting and helping various people throughout the day.
Pros
good health insurance, sometimes lunch rewards, hours.
Cons
sometimes too strict with parameters and not fully training staff
Fast-paced environment dealing with all types of people over the telephone to set appointments for medical radiological testing.
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDDecember 9, 2012
The best part of this job is a sense of satisfaction in knowing I make a positive difference in the lives of people who are concerned about their health. Sometimes that is in getting them scheduled as soon as possible. Other times it is in calming them by simply listening to and understanding their fears about a needed medical test.

I work with a lot of good and caring people. The hardest part is the fast pace, but it does make the day go quickly.

In addition to having learned a lot of medical information due to the nature of the job, I have also learned to develop a higher degree of patience with difficult situations.
Pros
good hours, short commute.
Cons
lack of raises for the entire company for past four years.
Great work environment
Staff technologist (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDNovember 20, 2014
Excellent place to work with great team environment
One of the best places I've ever worked. Professional atmosphere, great benefits. Team efforts in every department.
I feel like I'm part of a real family and have made lasting, lifetime relationships. I would definitely recommend Advanced Radiology as a career option for serious professionals in the health care field.
Not productive, no fun.
❸ Liaison between the physician and the patient (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 10, 2014
This job sucks, no morale. No raises. Stressful and underpaid. Management is not held accountable for their incompetence. No communication. You wont be notified in office or office policies until major things happen. And no overtime.
Busy workplace
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDAugust 17, 2015
I never realized how much was involved in scheduling patients for tests. I have learned a lot working for this company. Overall it is a good company but I do not like working 11:30 to 8 everyday of the week. I was told I would get a day shift but it hasnt happened yet which is why I am looking for another position. They also should pay more than what they do for all the work that the schedulers have to do.
Pros
steady work
Cons
not enough money, short break
Productive and a very pleasant place to work with much opportunity for growth.
Insurance Follow-Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 21, 2012
A typical day at work at Advanced Radiology was very pleasant and calm. I had an opportunity to work for them about 10 years and had many changing roles in the company. In each role, I was able to learn different dynamics of the company. From medical records, to cash posting, to customer service, edits, pre-authorizations, demographics, charge entry, insurance follow-up, etc. This gave me an abundance of knowledge that stays with me even to this day. The work atmosphere was very diverse, the people and management were excellent and structured. The hardest part of the job was making sure I did not neglect my task for helping others. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I worked for a great company and it allowed me with room for growth. Had I not relocated to the state of Georgia, I would still be working for this company today.
Fast paced and busy environment with great people to work with
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pikesville,MDFebruary 20, 2013
A typical day at work would be handeling different problems and coming up with solution to assist patients. Learning new insurance info and updates. Management is fair and very helpful and supportive. Coworkers are easy to get along with but hardest part of my job is expressing concerns to my coworker whom I feel may not be acting as a team player and doing their part. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my coworkers are like family and when something is going wrong they are there to help.
Advanced Radiology
Transcription Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2014
Typical day at company for the last two months was boring and work was not enough to support the staff. Learned different software platforms. Management communication was not good and did not keep staff up-to-date on changes that would directly affect the staff. Coworkers were paranoid as layoffs were in the future and often a coworker would try to feel better about themselves by reporting negative details about fellow employees.
Pros
customers were doctors, sites, and employees and developed a bond.
Cons
communication and paranoia in my department.
Horrible place to work.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2013
You must work fast, but without making any mistakes. They also do layoff's and shift changes every 6 months, which makes the office morale very low. I have been in this field for 10 years and have never hated going to work as much as I do now. There is no continuity and very poor communication between management and technologist. We find out about rule changes by getting scolded for not following these mysterious rules.
Cons
everything
Excellent place to work
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 9, 2015
I loved working at Advanced Radiology. I worked with a fantastic group of people and our equipment was up to date and easy to use.
Pros
close to home
Productive, fun work environment
Insurance Verification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDSeptember 11, 2014
My typical day at work starts at 8AM. I follow up on the insurance cases that require authorization. The hardest part of my job is trying to get other doctors offices to keep up on their end of processing the authorization. For example, if we need medical records faxed over for a patient, it normally takes an office about 2 days before we receive them, which makes the per-authorization process longer. The most enjoyable part of my job, is that I know I am able to help someone find the answers for their sickness. If i can have a patients case approved, I feel like I made a difference in their experience at Advanced Radiology. I have learned a lot, regarding insurance companies, as well as patient services.
Cons
short lunch time.
everyone did their job well
Film Librarian (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDFebruary 20, 2013
Steady paced job. Learned about Radiology. Management and co-workers were professional.
The hardest part of the job was I would have liked to have been able to do other things in the office. The best part of the job was many of the co-workers had a good sense of humor.
Pros
we were helping patients
Cons
needed job variety
ORA was a short term, when Advanced Radiology hired me back (previous Rock Island Radiology)
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 13, 2012
ORA had it's issue's with wage freeze, and not telling employees that the work they were doing was bad or good..so when Advanced Radiology wanted me back I had to work out the 2 weeks at both places because Advanced needed me right away to post payments.
My days consisted of posting payments in AM, file claims, do refunds, balance out posting for bank deposits in PM. Hardly spoke to patients, only insurance companies to get accounts processed. My 12 years with Advanced had me spoiled with the posting I was 99% accurate, and hardly ever payments on the wrong accounts, and the deposit's were always accurate.
Pros
i worked the hours that were needed, and the staff was great.
Cons
i had to end employment to take care of my father, and babysit a new granddaughter.
Busy workplace. Jobs not secure.
X-Ray Technologist/Mammo technologist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDOctober 28, 2013
A lot of patients.
I learned to move quickly and efficiently.
Most enjoyable are the patients and my co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
uncertainty of job security
Overtime
Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2015
Ok place to work if you do not have children. You can hardly get your work do due to all the mangers constantly crowding you!
Pros
Overtime is available
Cons
Too many managers
Full Charge Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJanuary 9, 2013
Learned all facets of quickbooks and how to handle payroll issues.
Pros
co workers and knowledge
Cons
management was stealing, i felt uncomfortable.

2.9