Advanced Radiology

Advanced Radiology Employer Reviews

Great work environment
Staff technologist (Current Employee), Westminster, MDNovember 20, 2014
Excellent place to work with great team environment
One of the best places I've ever worked. Professional atmosphere, great benefits. Team efforts in every department.
I feel like I'm part of a real family and have made lasting, lifetime relationships. I would definitely recommend Advanced Radiology as a career option for serious professionals in the health care field.
flowing and growing co
Reimbursement Coordinator (Current Employee), Ellicott City, MDNovember 8, 2014
working with the public has been a great experince
and my co workers are the greatest
Productive, fun work environment
Insurance Verification Coordinator (Current Employee), Rosedale, MDSeptember 11, 2014
Cons: short lunch time.
My typical day at work starts at 8AM. I follow up on the insurance cases that require authorization. The hardest part of my job is trying to get other doctors offices to keep up on their end of processing the authorization. For example, if we need medical records faxed over for a patient, it normally takes an office about 2 days before we receive them, which makes the per-authorization process longer. The most enjoyable part of my job, is that I know I am able to help someone find the answers for their sickness. If i can have a patients case approved, I feel like I made a difference in their experience at Advanced Radiology. I have learned a lot, regarding insurance companies, as well as patient services.
Advanced Radiology
Transcription Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2014
Pros: customers were doctors, sites, and employees and developed a bond.
Cons: communication and paranoia in my department.
Typical day at company for the last two months was boring and work was not enough to support the staff. Learned different software platforms. Management communication was not good and did not keep staff up-to-date on changes that would directly affect the staff. Coworkers were paranoid as layoffs were in the future and often a coworker would try to feel better about themselves by reporting negative details about fellow employees.
Fun work environment
Patient Service Representative, PRN (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 24, 2014
Pros: monthly hang outs amongst the staff
Greeting patients, checking patients in and out of the office, scheduling appointments, confirming appointments, batch handling ( copays - deductibles ) assisting patients via telephone and in the office
fun upbeat job
Patient Scheduling Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: waking up very early to get somewhere before sunrise
a lot of traveling and you get to meet a lot of different people and travel to a lot of different places
NOT PRODUCTIVE, NO FUN.
❸ Liaison between the physician and the patient (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDMarch 10, 2014
THIS JOB SUCKS, NO MORALE. NO RAISES. STRESSFUL AND UNDERPAID. MANAGEMENT IS NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE. NO COMMUNICATION. YOU WONT BE NOTIFIED IN OFFICE OR OFFICE POLICIES UNTIL MAJOR THINGS HAPPEN. AND NO OVERTIME.
Enjoyable places to work. Enjoyed working with Physicians, patients, and co-workers.
Secretarial Supervisor (Former Employee), Towson, MDDecember 2, 2013
Greeting, registering patients for diagnostic testing, scheduling appointment, managing staff, answering telephones, filing, data entry insurance information for billing purposes.
Co-workers were always pleasant.
Enjoyed working with patients and co-workers.
laid off, closing Mt. Pocono office, old equipment, little increase in pay in the 6 yrs i worked there.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee), Mt. Pocono and East Stroudsburg PANovember 25, 2013
Pros: close proximity to home.
Cons: not enough patients.
The radiologists are wonderful people to work with. Both managers left for other employment. The person now managing both offices has no experience other than being a receptionist.
Busy workplace. Jobs not secure.
X-Ray Technologist/Mammo technologist (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDOctober 28, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: uncertainty of job security
A lot of patients.
I learned to move quickly and efficiently.
Most enjoyable are the patients and my co-workers.
Horrible place to work.
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2013
Cons: everything
You must work fast, but without making any mistakes. They also do layoff's and shift changes every 6 months, which makes the office morale very low. I have been in this field for 10 years and have never hated going to work as much as I do now. There is no continuity and very poor communication between management and technologist. We find out about rule changes by getting scolded for not following these mysterious rules.
Lots of money to be made!
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2013
You get perks for working for this company and emails with lots of positive things to do. There is knowledgable people there to work with.
Great place
Student Radiographer (Former Employee), Ellicott City, MDJune 9, 2013
At Advanced Radiology, the patient volume is extremely high at times, and the patient wait time may be long. But the techs never become stressed or cramped for time. They all were so friendly and very eager to teach the students. All of the techs had their own techniques, hints, and tricks for the students. I appreciated all of their help and took everything they said to heart.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Lutherville, MDApril 30, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: short breaks
I REALLY DID LIKE THE JOB BUT THE HOURS WERE AT NIGHT AND DID NOT WORK WELL WITH ME GETTING HOME. ALSO, THE TEAM WORK AND EFFORT IS HORRIBLE.
Great Job
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDApril 22, 2013
Pros: great
Cons: n/a
Scheduled radiology appointments for patients. Input data entry on a daily basis.
When your job is on the line due to massive layoffs, it's kind of hard to be happy.
Medical transcriptionist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2013
I typically do transcription for 8 hours day. It may be sound boring to some, but it's what I do and I enjoy it. I have learned a lot, have a massive knowledge of medical terminology and strive for quality in eveything I bring to the table.
Fast paced and busy environment with great people to work with
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Pikesville,MDFebruary 20, 2013
A typical day at work would be handeling different problems and coming up with solution to assist patients. Learning new insurance info and updates. Management is fair and very helpful and supportive. Coworkers are easy to get along with but hardest part of my job is expressing concerns to my coworker whom I feel may not be acting as a team player and doing their part. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my coworkers are like family and when something is going wrong they are there to help.
everyone did their job well
Film Librarian (Former Employee), Westminster, MDFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: we were helping patients
Cons: needed job variety
Steady paced job. Learned about Radiology. Management and co-workers were professional.
The hardest part of the job was I would have liked to have been able to do other things in the office. The best part of the job was many of the co-workers had a good sense of humor.
Full Charge Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Vineland, NJJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: co workers and knowledge
Cons: management was stealing, i felt uncomfortable.
Learned all facets of quickbooks and how to handle payroll issues.
Fast-paced environment dealing with all types of people over the telephone to set appointments for medical radiological testing.
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Rosedale, MDDecember 9, 2012
Pros: good hours, short commute.
Cons: lack of raises for the entire company for past four years.
The best part of this job is a sense of satisfaction in knowing I make a positive difference in the lives of people who are concerned about their health. Sometimes that is in getting them scheduled as soon as possible. Other times it is in calming them by simply listening to and understanding their fears about a needed medical test.

I work with a lot of good and caring people. The hardest part is the fast pace, but it does make the day go quickly.

In addition to having learned a lot of medical information due to the nature of the job, I have also learned to develop a higher degree of patience with difficult situations.