Commercial Maintenance Company seeks skilled tradesman to service retail customers throughout the eastern United States. Prefer licensed or certification in electrical, plumbing and/ or HVAC. Must have excellent customer service skills, valid ‘current’ driver’s license, truck or van (2000 or newer), computer competency, automobile insurance ($100K/$300K/$50K) and tools.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: Incumbents in this class perform maintenance and mechanical duties for commercial buildings and related facilities, furnishings, and equipment. The required duties may include, but not limited to, electrical installation and repair service, plumbing, painting, carpentry, masonry, concrete work, heating, and related work. Incumbents may work independently, under supervision as a crafts-worker, or as a lead-worker over others to accomplish specific projects. Must have aptitude to communicate with customer, produce quality workmanship and provide outstanding customer service consistent with company standards.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Repairs structures; builds and installs cabinets, partitions, blackboards, and shelves; repairs furniture and equipment; installs floor coverings, acoustical ceilings, and window glass; floors, doors, locks, and related items.
2. Performs electrical repairs such as replacing switches, ballasts and wiring; repairs equipment and water lines; repairs faucets, toilets, urinals, sewers, plumbing, boiler room equipment, pumps, check valves, boiler lines, heating and ventilating systems and related equipment.
3. Paints building interiors and exteriors, fixtures, cement, and other materials and items; pours and finishes concrete.
4. Estimates materials, labor, and time needed for projects; operates light equipment and required to travel to facilities throughout the region and to transport materials, fixtures, and equipment, as required.
5. Trouble shooting and project scope development and estimating.
1. Three years of experience at a journey-man level in a building trade such as carpentry, painting, masonry, mechanical, plumbing, electrical; or,
2. A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.