Advanced Systems Development Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee), APO, AEJune 12, 2015
The position was challenging and fun. I was able to showcase my talents and really demonstrate great leadership and planning. I thank the corporate office for all of the support the gave me.
friendly and lot to learn
Design Engineer (Former Employee), East Elmhurst, NYApril 20, 2015
great place to build career and work, very advanced technical place
to work ,great people and management nice benefits and great location
Challenging Job in a Poor Cultural Environment
Senior Systems/Network Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: fair salary schedule, decent raises, some bonuses
Cons: hands and eyes off attitude of management
As prime contractor for the Command Information Management System R&D and production work for the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command, Advanced Systems Development had a still solid but disintegrating team of employees when I took this position. Comprised of a mix from ASD, SAIC, Camber, TekSystems, and InfoPro, there was ample opportunity to continue building team cohesiveness among developers, testers, analysts, administrators, and help desk personnel, who had mostly been hired when SAIC had been the prime. ASD seemed to let it all slip away.

Possibly ASD's loss of interest in the contract is attendant upon the government's decision in 2011 to "in-source" all contractor personnel, but it is telling that all but twenty or so of the more than one hundred contractor personnel chose to transfer to government employment or go elsewhere.

More telling is the fact that when ASD lost the contract to Boecore in December, 2012, they chose not to communicate the fact to employees. In fact, Boecore initiated all contact with ASD personnel three months before the transition, and Boecore ensured that the transition (and attendant layoff) was a matter of one night of being not employed for all of us.

All in all, I was glad to have the job and the income, but this was definitely tempered negatively by the absence of any meaningful management involvement.

(I will be giving a positive assessment of the CEO of ASD, but that is largely because of his philanthropic focus. After the Haiti earthquake and tsunami, he and the company matched all employee contributions to five different relief and recovery agencies, including the Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders.)
Personnel Security Lead (Current Employee), Washington DC, PentagonDecember 15, 2014
No work/life balance. No support for working parents. No support from management. Increases, if any, are minimal.
Awesome opportunity - Thanks ASD
Senior Programmer/Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: got to work on hadoop mapreduce application.
Cons: charlottesville, va
Great teammates, great experience opportunity.
Pretty city and good work environment.
Not much to complain about except the L O N G commute for me.
Great company, promote growth to technicians.
Help Desk Analyst, Sr. (CIO/G6) (Current Employee), COLORADO SPRINGS, CODecember 16, 2012
The position was very enjoyable. Each day is different and brings you challenges.
Was laid off from the company.
Analyst, Help Desk, Mid-Level (Former Employee), White Sands Missile Range, NMMay 30, 2012
Cons: was laid off from the company.
Due to health reasons, was only able to work the first two weeks with company. Was laid off from the company 8 months later.