The Program and Business Development Manager is responsible for development of new business, management of existing contracts and supervision of Project Managers and technical staff, ensures that the appropriate company resources (personnel, and non-personnel) are available to Project Mangers as required during the execution of projects, reviews project execution regularly (at least monthly) to ensure that all technical, contractual, and financial objectives of the contracts are met, and serves as business development lead to maintain and expand ATL presence in the Federal services market, including federal clients such as Department of Defense/Military Services and Agencies, Department of Energy, and others in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and beyond when appropriate.
Manages programs within Federal Services Division (FSD) to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives: Develops input for the ATL Strategic Plan that support the vision for the FSD including, direction and coordination of activities, and supervision of personnel responsible for specific projects, functions or phases of the program. Selects personnel (existing or new ATL staff or subcontractors) according to knowledge and experience in area with which program is concerned. Meets with staff to explain program and individual responsibilities for projects, functions and phases of program. Directs and coordinates personally, or through subordinate managerial personnel, activities concerned with implementation and execution of program objectives. Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objectives and modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attain objectives. Prepares program reports for superiors. Controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
- Identify new business opportunities commensurate with ATL experience and expertise, emerging technical areas where ATL should focus investments, and maintain/expand opportunities with existing ATL clients to increase revenues and ensure profitability. (Marketing/Business Development)
- Perform final technical review of client deliverables to ensure compliance with ATL quality standards and contract deliverable requirements. (Expertise)
- Demonstrate willingness to assist other managers in the execution of their programs. (Collaboration)
- Provide organizational and team leadership to direct reporting staff, subordinates and other employees as assigned by corporate leadership. (Leadership)
- Strengthen the firm’s key business areas by ensuring best business practices are applied to all programs and projects, maintaining market knowledge, recognition and pursuit of opportunities, and participation in appropriate industry professional organizations. (Business Management)
- Assist corporate leadership in the development and maintenance of a strategic plan that incorporates the mission, vision, goals and objectives for ATL. Developing a thorough knowledge of the other business areas, their functional strengths, and customer base to identify potential synergies across the firm.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or college in a technical discipline or equivalent. In lieu of a Master’s, a Bachelor’s degree with additional experience and professional certification will be considered.
- Must possess fifteen (15) years of progressively more responsible technical and project management experience in one or more of the required specialty areas.
- Business Development and Marketing
- Expansive network of contacts across Federal contract support sector, both government and contractor personnel
- Innovative approach to tackling client challenges that provides an advantage to ATL
- Understanding of competitive contracting environment and requirements for preparing winning proposal packages
- Demonstrated experience writing winning proposals in Department of Defense, Department of Energy, and Department of Homeland Security.
- Team, Project and Program Management
- Facilitator, teamwork and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with a track record of managing multiple tasks effectively.
- PMP Certification desirable
- Demonstrated ability for rapid on-the-job learning, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new technology, and to quickly formulate conceptual designs.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental management, occupational safety and health, facilities management, and applications associated with these areas.
- Availability to travel to client sites.
- Experience in nuclear energy/industry consulting a bonus.
Job Location: Washington DC metropolitan area in Maryland
We offer a comprehensive benefits package; salary depends on experience. To find out more about our company, please visit us at www.atlintl.com.
ATL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply, please go to: http://atlintl.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2i0kz4v1sxd