Advanced Technologies Employee Reviews

passionate and innovative
Service Technician/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAMarch 28, 2017
Advanced Technologies, is a small family run, performance Automotive repair facility, specializing in European Brands, however equally capable of performing upgrades and repairs on domestic and asian vehicles as well. The owner and operator Lee will push you to succeed and excel in the work that you do. You will find yourself mildly involved in all aspects of the business from working on vehicle to dealing with customers and on occasion ordering parts. You must posses finely tuned multitasking skills, and it certainly helps to be able to think outside of the box.

Simply put, working at Advanced Technologies, is both a rewarding and educational experience.
Great place to work. Cutting edge technologies
Sr. Mechanical Designer/Drafter (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 8, 2016
Management was very easy to work for.
Casual atmosphere.
Fellow associates easy to get along with.
Cutting edge technologies.
Pros
free coffe and soda
Cons
Not a well managed company
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 7, 2016
This company had vary high turnover rate. Employees were not happy with management style and were attempting to unionize. There were hardly any benefits for employees and pay rate was not competitive.
Pros
Work independently.
Cons
Job security was low.
Laid back place with good management.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 23, 2016
I work part time here. Sometimes mornings and other times in the afternoon, mainly depending on my school schedule. I receive and handle packages, file documents and bills, keep track of job statuses, and various small assignments the manager assigns to me.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
This was a great place to work.
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2016
This was my first job of being on the networking side of things. I use to build the switches and ship them out to customers. I had the opportunity to troubleshoot and learn more on the network side in a network operations environment.
fun place to work
office (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 27, 2015
This company was a great way to meet many many new people and be able to help after they had surgery.
Also being able to help with billings issues.
Factory maintenance for the Caterpillar plant.
Associate Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Work/troubleshoot/preventive maintenance on large robotic machinery and other electrical/mechanical/hydraulic production machines. Work on a strict schedule with Safety 100% in mind at all times. Great team with one common goal.
Pros
Great environment, Uniforms, awesome insurance, 401K, etc.
Cons
No room for advancement, horrible hours, good ol' boy complex
Has a ping pong table, Work / Life balance needs improvement - preaches but they do not deliver
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros
Workforce
Cons
Work / Life Balance
4 State market, new business selling to hospitals.
Regional Director/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 28, 2014
This was a great business working with doctors in cutting edge technology. Traveled to the hospitals and hosted demo equipment into the Operating Room for the doctors and hospitals to purchase new equipment.

I have learned the building block of how I do business today. Working relationships for customers to buy and maintain service with existing customers, keeping them satisfied.

Hardest part was selling a more expensive item than your competitor, selling value over perceived cost.
Pros
This was a great job to kick start my life and how to work hard.
Cons
Too much windshield time, territory was too large for family time.
Depends on where you end up
Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 23, 2014
I worked in an instrumentation crib. The job wasn't bad. Checked things in and out, sent them to get calibrated, put new items in the systems. I learned a lot of things in many different areas. Management was nothing more then yes bobble heads adding to my work load. employees and managers alike seem to care more about throwing others under the buss (figuratively speaking) than doing anything useful.
Pros
pay and benefits aren't bad
Cons
company ethics sound great but they don't stand by them
Cool environment to work
Space management (Current Employee) –  Lombard ILAugust 5, 2014
- Very nice place to work.
- The employees are good people.
- The compensation is a bit low for me who has a degree.
Typical Work Environment
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 23, 2014
My main duties were receptionist and A/R and whatever else they needed me to complete. I loved working with some of my coworkers. Management needs a lot of refining and some work on their people skills. The position taught me how to figure things out on my own and I gained knowledge to move forward to a better job opportunity.
Cons
no benefits
learning experience
Insurance Verifier/Insurance Precerts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 15, 2014
the owner is not a man of his word very downgrading to employees
and at times very inaproprate comments were made
I walked out on him
Changing the way DoD does business
Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJune 11, 2014
Probably the most singularly exciting and rewarding position that I have ever held.

With a small group of "big brained" professional, we debugged, tested and evaluated a wide variety of software and hardware products from the late alpha-/early beta-stages of product development up to Release to Market.

Determining not only whether they met the Department of Defense (DoD) requirements but HOW they integrated into the environment and what benefits DoD derived from them meant that we had the ability to help shape the future of the DoD IT infrastructure.
Pros
great insights into new products, ability to shape DoD future state
Cons
some long hours
Very stressful
Medical Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 19, 2014
There were no company goals. Very stressful place of employment. No chance for advancement. I really like and work well with my co-workers. The boss never had anything to say good about the billers or the company at all. He caused work place hostility everyday. Hollering,yelling,cursing, making other employees cry. I could no longer watch and wait to be treated in the same manner. The most enjoyable part was making friends with people at that company. The hardest part was going in there every day on pen/needles to see what was wrong next, who he would chew up and spit out.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Healthcare
Fun creative easy-going company
CTO (Current Employee) –  Anyway in the worldFebruary 27, 2013
designing complex software algoritms, techniques, spin-locks, mission-critical software systems that dont fail
Pros
work at home
Cons
hoope not closed-minded
Advanced Tech dba DIRECT TV
Installed promotted to safety officer (Former Employee) –  Dade CityJune 25, 2011
This was a good job, but you work hard in all kinds of conditions and weather, heat, is extream in attics and craw spaces.
It is easy sometimes and others it takes 2 or more people to complete
so team work is what it is all about.
The pay is good if you work hard and do waste time.
You have to be a self starter & self motivator as you are out in van alone doing the installs, you have to be able to think for yourself and be professional.
a lot of driving around so have to be careful driver
but over all it a good place & good Job
Pros
monthly meeting with food, drive home company van, company buys gas
Cons
heat in attics, snakes & critters under homes where you crawl, long hours, heavy ladders to carry