Advanced Technologies

Advanced Technologies Employer Reviews

Typical Work Environment
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (Former Employee), Florence, KYJune 23, 2014
Cons: no benefits
My main duties were receptionist and A/R and whatever else they needed me to complete. I loved working with some of my coworkers. Management needs a lot of refining and some work on their people skills. The position taught me how to figure things out on my own and I gained knowledge to move forward to a better job opportunity.
learning experience
Insurance Verifier/Insurance Precerts Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, KYJune 15, 2014
the owner is not a man of his word very downgrading to employees
and at times very inaproprate comments were made
I walked out on him
Changing the way DoD does business
Director (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAJune 11, 2014
Pros: great insights into new products, ability to shape dod future state
Cons: some long hours
Probably the most singularly exciting and rewarding position that I have ever held.

With a small group of "big brained" professional, we debugged, tested and evaluated a wide variety of software and hardware products from the late alpha-/early beta-stages of product development up to Release to Market.

Determining not only whether they met the Department – more... of Defense (DoD) requirements but HOW they integrated into the environment and what benefits DoD derived from them meant that we had the ability to help shape the future of the DoD IT infrastructure. – less
VERY STRESSFUL
Medical Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, KYFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: healthcare
THERE WERE NO COMPANY GOALS. VERY STRESSFUL PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. NO CHANCE FOR ADVANCEMENT. I REALLY LIKE AND WORK WELL WITH MY CO-WORKERS. THE BOSS NEVER HAD ANYTHING TO SAY GOOD ABOUT THE BILLERS OR THE COMPANY AT ALL. HE CAUSED WORK PLACE HOSTILITY EVERYDAY. HOLLERING,YELLING,CURSING, MAKING OTHER EMPLOYEES CRY. I COULD NO LONGER WATCH AND WAIT TO – more... BE TREATED IN THE SAME MANNER. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS MAKING FRIENDS WITH PEOPLE AT THAT COMPANY. THE HARDEST PART WAS GOING IN THERE EVERY DAY ON PEN/NEEDLES TO SEE WHAT WAS WRONG NEXT, WHO HE WOULD CHEW UP AND SPIT OUT. – less
Fun creative easy-going company
CTO (Current Employee), Anyway in the worldFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: work at home
Cons: hoope not closed-minded
designing complex software algoritms, techniques, spin-locks, mission-critical software systems that dont fail
Advanced Tech dba DIRECT TV
Installed promotted to safety officer (Former Employee), Dade CityJune 25, 2011
Pros: monthly meeting with food, drive home company van, company buys gas
Cons: heat in attics, snakes & critters under homes where you crawl, long hours, heavy ladders to carry
This was a good job, but you work hard in all kinds of conditions and weather, heat, is extream in attics and craw spaces.
It is easy sometimes and others it takes 2 or more people to complete
so team work is what it is all about.
The pay is good if you work hard and do waste time.
You have to be a self starter & self motivator as you are out in van – more... alone doing the installs, you have to be able to think for yourself and be professional.
a lot of driving around so have to be careful driver
but over all it a good place & good Job – less
I own and operate the sole proprietorship
Sole Proprietor (Current Employee), Kingston, JamaicaMay 13, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: volatile market
Consulting business formed to formalize my PC technician jobs,

has expanded to an IT consultancy service that I do when I am off duty.