Advanced Testing Laboratory Employee Reviews in United States

Laid back , enjoyable place to work
Calibration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 2, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Advanced Testing Laboratory. There has been plenty of opportunity to learn new skill sets. The team that we have in place is pretty cohesive and the days go by easily. The environment is very laid back. You come in and get started on the days requests and work until your get you hours in.
Pros
Flexible schedule, paid holidays, fair amount of PTO
Cons
Health benefits could be better
People are nice
Disc Operations Coordinator (At Lilly Corp Hqtrs) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46285April 21, 2016
Learned a lot in the Pharma world. Job has no pressure and very relaxed atmosphere. My co-workers are very nice and I have a nice report with them.
Good Basic Experience
Chemistry Technician (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 31, 2016
ATL is a good stepping-stone company. Employees often have good training opportunities, depending on their placement.
However, nearly all of its employees are unhappy with their compensation. As a result the turn-over is very high.
Pros
Opportunities to work with Fortune-500 companies
Cons
Low compensation; no advancement opportunities
Good experience
Project Administrator, Eli Lilly LRL (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2016
Working here has allowed me to gain valuable experience in an office setting, working with a diverse group of individuals, and becoming an excellent office administrator.
Tactful and diligent client support in the science industry
Safety Data Analyst in Botanicals (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHAugust 5, 2015
I gained a myriad of onsite skills that have supplemented by career path ten fold. I was given incredible trust and freedom that I took with great responsibility and pride. I participated in multiple global projects and was allowed to eventually lead and train support in pursuit of seeing deadlines met. I learned to draft comprehensive progress reports for projects that consist of year long progresses. Whilst capable of pursuing additional projects while not losing sight of projects that are in the intermedium stages.
A Job with No Opportunity to Make it a Career
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 5, 2015
Pay is terrible. Employees feel under appreciated. Managers give you the run-around on just about everything. You are 100% replaceable and they let you know it.
Pros
Great facility. Flex schedule. Casual attire.
Cons
Pay. Pay. Pay. Management. Pay.
Great crew... friendly people
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2015
As a company I can say it's a great starting point.Learned a lot of traits and skills. Depending who you work for depends on how much you will like it. Upper management only looks out for themselves. don't bother them with your problems!
Pros
Great people in the lab with you
Cons
Way too much disconnect from upper management
Unbreakable Glass Ceiling
Microbiology Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMarch 30, 2015
In the last year, we've lost about eight full-time analysts and replaced them with two part-time analysts. It's a busy time of the year for lab work and we are severely understaffed. Management either can't notice, doesn't care, or can't actively do anything about it. I started as a part-time employee making $12/hour and was brought on full-time at $13/hour. I had to quit my other part-time serving job to work full-time and now I can barely make ends meet, much less save for anything important later on. Everything you do must be dated and initialed so that if something goes wrong, you can be blamed for it if necessary. Managers are always making you "prove your worth" in one way or another. No one enjoys their job after about four months and can't leave for years because they get sucked into the vortex that is ATL.
Pros
Free coffee, work is not particularly difficult, moderately flexible schedules
Cons
Benefits are expensive, rotating weekend shifts, labs are currently understaffed.
It's a nice place to work for.
Sample Administration Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 9, 2014
The morning is usually the busiest time and then around lunch time (12-2) it gets pretty slow, but hen it will pick up a little bit after that. I learned a little bit on excel. The coworkers are nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job is trying to catch any discrepancies between submittals and samples and also any discrepancies on incoming reports.
Atl
Human Safety R&D Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Solid company. Great exposure. Great place to start a career.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
advancement
Great place to begin your scientific career. PnG site it the best place to work.
Biotechnical Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2014
People were great just bring a healthy work ethic! Most difficult part of the job is finding places for growth but opportunity is available somewhere.
What a JOKE
Analytical Chemist - Special Teams (Former Employee) –  MasonMay 14, 2014
Overworked and underpaid, undervalued, belittled by management and no advancement system. Seems like only the worst employees stay with the company and the rest are a part of the high turnover rate because they know there are plenty of better opportunities out there.

So glad to know that I have a college education and I'm getting paid the same as McDonald's workers!

It's pretty pathetic when the client values you more than your own company does. ATL was the worst career decision I have ever made, don't make the same mistake!
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
everything, especially management.
productive learning environment
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Worked as a lab analyst, testing, research and development. enjoyed the comrade tee among coworkers. the hardest part was dealing with a lot of head strong individuals, most enjoyable was getting work assignments done before they were due.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
was always cold in the lab
Workplace
Chemist II (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 11, 2013
Work is prioritized using GAIMS and Virtual white board. It can be stability or in process assay or disso analysis, validation or method transfer.
I have become proficient in HPLC using Chromeleon, Empower and Chemstation, Disso with manual or automated analysis, Method transfer and Validation.
A wonderful work experience
Research consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2013
Great place to work, learn, and gain experience. Every co-worker was wonderful and highly motivated.
Nothing advanced about it.
CHEMIST II, CHROMATOGRAPHY HPLC & GC (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2013
Worse lab I've worked at. Low pay overworked. No reviews after a year and half.
Different, yet rewarding
Regulatory Artwork Compliance Editor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 29, 2013
As an ATL employee I worked in a fast-paced environment that challenged me daily. Every week was a new issue-- however, that's life and my coworkers and I worked together like a well-oiled machine. I learned the most from them and can happily say I gained knowledge and confidence in my work that will benefit future employment opportunities.
Pros
team environment, enhanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
Cons
can be difficult if unable to balance client demands
Learned a lot
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2013
Got the opportunity to learn new machinery. Got to work with Mass Specs.
Boring, repetitive work
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 25, 2013
Chance to get an in at larger companies, but no room for advancement and not sense of fulfillment at work.
Lack of Advanced and Integrity
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioSeptember 13, 2012
Perform QA/QC analysis, was contracted by P&G. Company says they're client focused, but that's not true. Poor management and no advancement potential.

2.6