Advanced Travel Nursing Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Chief Promoter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 10, 2017
I have worked in several roles for many companies in the staffing industry and can honestly say working at Advanced is by far the best work experience I've ever had.

There's never a dull moment. The office is always buzzing with energy and we have new projects we're working on weekly.

The culture is great. The company fosters a team environment and the team I'm a part of is one of the best teams I've ever been a part of.
Pros
Energetic environment, great incentives and benefits
Fun work enviroment
Travel Nurse Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 23, 2017
A lot of opportunity for growth if you have what it takes. Generally is going atmosphere, management sets you up for success. Need the drive to do well in the industry. Coffee is for closers.
fun to work
clinical assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 5, 2017
get to meet people on different aspects of life. Able to help people to teach them to assist themselves, also to help those that could not help themselves
Pros
great pay
Cons
travel
Lack of support from management
Travel Nursing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 4, 2016
Unreachable expectations. Little resources to reach ridiculous goals of company. Management won't help when you ask for it.
Pros
nice office
Cons
Unuspportive management
learned more
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 20, 2015
In this job I learned a lot of customer service and how to multi task and work at a high speed. Everyone will work in a team which I enjoy to work with.
Advanced Surgical - Fast paced and fun
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, ColoradoSeptember 1, 2015
We arrive at work already focused on the goals that are well planned and eloquently stated by our senior management. This is a company that is focused on success and fun and they recognize that the two go hand in hand. My co-workers are hard working individuals who will always be willing to stop and lend a hand or support if I run into a challenge.
Pros
free coffee and an amazing team environment
Cons
free candy does nothing to help slim my waistline!
You want to work with Advanced Medical!
Sr. Account Manager, Nursing (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2015
The amount of travel staffing agencies are overwhelming, and most importantly, not created equally! I've worked for several, and I can say Advanced Surgical (Advanced Medical's RN division) provides the best pay and opportunities for our nurses. We're churning out the best results in this industry.

We love the people we work with - from our travelers, clients, and our internal employees that is the reason we work so hard. I'm lucky to work here.
Pros
Pay packages, staff, results-oriented
Cons
Growth pains
The best work life balance
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Port OrangeSeptember 1, 2015
Coming from the world of banking, I wanted to find a job that involved sales, customer service, and creating new relationships, but also provided me a work life balance. I was able to find that with Advanced Surgical. Great personalities run this place and makes it easy to have fun making money. The CEO really knows how to create a great place to work.
Pros
Great Hours, Work Life Balance, Great Personalities
Cons
Turn over ratio, But not every job is for everyone
great and smooth work place
Dr. Wesley H. Barry Jr (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 20, 2015
My work place is easy going. We try to make all our patients happy even when we receive bad news. environment is always positive.
Pros
free lunch breaks
Cons
bad news
Perfect for nurses looking to try out travel jobs
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
They are honest and knowledgeable about the travel community and lead you every step of the way. My recruiter is very down to earth and I never feel like he's lying or exaggerating anything. I got a good vibe from them from the very beginning.
Fun Company!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJuly 20, 2015
Competitive pay and great benefits. They seem to have fun office culture and everyone I've spoken to has been really nice. Everyone is super helpful and I've been able to learn a lot from my peers.
I like working for them
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  St. AugustineJuly 9, 2015
When I wanted to move closer to my family, I was able to quickly relocate thanks to advanced surgical. They were able to find me a job really fast and relatively close to where I wanted. I get paid better than my previous job and have more flexibility to do what I want.
Pros
pay, benefits, work flexibility, friendly employees
looking forward to working with them for many years
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2015
benefits from day one with great pay. My recruiter is eager to work with me in finding a job where I want. Every single place I've worked has been fantastic. Seem to be smaller and more specialized which leads to better treatment. Like I said, my recruiter is the bomb!
supportive coworkers and company that promotes work balance
healthcare recruiter (Current Employee) –  port orangeJune 24, 2015
They have a flexible and really positive outlook that I think promotes everyone to work harder. Everyone was patient and willing to help out from the beginning. Good opportunity for bonuses if everyone meets their goals. Sometimes we have social hour on fridays which is a great way to relax after a hard week.
awesome company
recruiter (Current Employee) –  Port OrangeJune 24, 2015
I've enjoyed every day at advanced surgical. they really specialize in RNs and promote giving specialized treatment. We get great training and support so we can feel really prepared when we find jobs for our travel nurses. We get time and freedom to really pay attention to our current travelers instead of just being another number on the pipeline.
Pros
company that really cares and puts their nurses first!
great company
Owner/President of a Specialty Surgical Company (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 14, 2015
Wish it did not get sold. Great company. Great management. Very unique medical products to sell. Great commission package. great time spent there, wish it was still around and not sold.
Great people to work with
Medical Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, West VirginiaAugust 17, 2014
Great people to work with. Typical day was busy with several patients seen per hour. I learned alot about how to interact with patients. Management was excellent and my co workers were great to work with. The hardest part of my job was nothing really, the most enjoyable was the pateints
Pros
Excellement managment
Cons
No room for advancment
i loved working for ASA. We were like a family there
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJuly 19, 2014
rooming patients
vital signs(Wt,Ht,BMI)
assist in office procedures
precert surgeries
check benefits
sterilize instruments
clean exams rooms
set up trays (for procedures)
assist with anything my co-workers needed
on down time clean or help with anything that needed to be done
Pros
working side by side with my co-workers
Cons
not affordable insurance
Oversee the operations of two offices
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AzSeptember 27, 2013
The practice is works hard at offering the best surgical care. Everyone participates from the physicians to the medical records staff
Loved this job!
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 23, 2012
This was my first job working as a receptionist. After this job, I fell in love with medical and knew what I wanted to pursue. This job taught me a lot. Such as, how to work with patients, how to schedule new and established patients, how to read insurance cards, etc. Really wonderful place!
Pros
rep lunches!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Travel Nursing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6