Who We Are
Advanced Workstations in Education, Inc. (AWE) is the leading provider of digital learning solutions for young children in the US and offers you an opportunity to make a difference. AWE products serve schools, libraries, childcares, and Head Starts and have logged nearly 90 Million Hours of Children’s Learning Time. We are located in a newly renovated first-class facility (Wharf at Rivertown) on the Delaware River near I-95, I-476, and US-322.
The Finance Director provides both strategic and operational support to the organization. The Director supervises finance and accounting and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The Director directly assists on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to business planning, investments, budget management, cash and credit management, cost benefit analysis, and forecasting needs.
Principal Job Duties, Responsibilities and Decisions
1. Assists in the development of the Business and Strategic Plans. Assists in raising capital as necessary to fund the growth of the business. Manages all credit functions, including channel and bank credit relationships.
2. Directs all Treasury functions, including cash management; stock ownership and options records management; and preparation for shareholder and board meetings.
3. Prepares and present financial reports to senior management and Board of Directors.
4. Prepares and presents annual budgets and quarterly forecasts. Provide financial analysis and variance reports.
5. Manage the General Accounting functions. Responsible for all accounting principles, practices and procedures including: Billing, Collections, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Expense Reporting.
6. Review and assist in all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance and balance sheet reconciliations. Prepare and maintain regular financial reports; Monthly P/L reports (vs. budget and prior year), balance sheet and cash flow forecasts. Prepare / oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements
7. Assists VP Human Resources in developing and managing all incentive plan(s) including: Sales Commissions.
8. Assists Product Management in product pricing; cost of goods and cost of sales tracking and analysis; and market price sensitivity.
9. Manages external Audits and Reviews.
10. Responsible for defining accounting and finance checks and balances.
11. Responsible for risk analysis. Identifies and meets all corporate insurance requirements including: corporate liability, workers compensation, directors’ and officers’ liability. Provides certificates of insurance as required.
12. Manages all tax functions including: Federal, State and Local Taxes directly or in coordination with outside accounting firms to insure that all Federal, State and Local Tax Returns are filed in a timely manner. Handle all tax audits as necessary.
Must be high energy and capable of keeping up in a high performance organization. Must be hands on. Must be able to interface with all levels in internal and external organizations, including CEO, COO and Board of Directors.
Minimum of 10 years experience in field; 2 years Controller experience desirable; personal productivity skills with MS Office required; Peachtree or equivalent accounting software experience highly desirable; and supervisory experience, required. Must have experience in Software and/or manufacturing technology companies with a strong understanding of software deferred revenue recognition.
Education: BS Degree with major in Accounting or Finance required. MBA and/or CPA desirable