Responsible for daily functions of application development department including participating in planning, strategy and implementation for DATAForge Software and other customer projects to support software product configuration and development that supports data cleansing and data quality. Duties include (but are not limited to) managing the functional definition, development, and scheduling of all engineering projects, supporting new project implementation and customer satisfaction to support the management and growth of all DATAForge LLC accounts. As the interface between our systems and the day-to-day operations, you will need to be equally at home in our existing codebase as well as creating new high quality maintainable code from scratch.
We're looking for people with extensive work experience who are comfortable in a corporate environment, yet enjoy the challenges faced by a product undergoing rapid scaling.
This position may be for you if:
1. You have a passion for coding, and experience working on large systems. You realize that 95% of building a high quality product that scales is doing nitty-gritty detail work.
2. You love having data to back up an argument or decision. You're a strong believer in knowing the numbers and what they mean. You are highly analytical. You make faces when decisions are made without data.
3. You are very comfortable manipulating and interpreting data. Most of our data starts as spreadsheets or text files. An understanding of and experience with ETL tools is a big plus.
4. You have experience working on, and an understanding of, both client-side and server-side code.
5. You have experience building and maintaining products with real-world usage.
6. You have opinions about good and bad products and the ability to justify them.
7. You feel comfortable communicating with customers, partners and business analysts. You're able to enunciate complex issues in clear, non-technical language.
8. You are naturally curious. If something seems off, you want to figure out what is going on and fix it. Technical debt bothers you.
9. You have an interest in complex systems and data models. As well as reverse engineering existing systems.
10. You like to learn new languages and technologies.
1. Helping to define and implement the product vision and strategy
2. Support development priorities and ensure timely product delivery
3. Participate in infrastructure requirements necessary to support product and service development and manage infrastructure deployment process
4. Proactively recommend courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness, competitiveness, system capabilities, security, scalability and reliability
5. Lead software engineering process improvement initiatives and measurements to improve quality and bottom-line profitability
6. Utilize customer and partner feedback to improve the performance and enhance the marketability of current products
7. Provide technical leadership in solving engineering problems
8. Participate in defining product opportunities, establish technical strategy, develop product roadmaps, and execute product development and delivery plans.
9. Interact with other senior members of the management team and the board as well as key customers on strategic technology issues
10. Ensure the cooperation and coordination between Technology other core parts of the Company
11. Participates in project teams
12. Maintain customer and DATAForge confidentiality
13. Perform other duties effectively as assigned or appropriate to improve productivity company profit and/or customer service
Knowledge & Software Experience
At least four years’ experience as a Developer in Product Development / Software Engineering Environment 4-year Computer Science, Math, or related degree (or equivalent experience).
Experience with classic ASP script (VBScript and JScript).
Experience with .NET framework, C#, VB.NET.
Experience with Visual Studio 2005/2008, VSS version control system.
Working knowledge of SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
Hands-on Transact-SQL (stored procedures, sequences, triggers) and database tuning (indexes, tracing, etc.) experience.
Solid understanding of data modeling concepts (logical and physical).
Optionally: Ruby, Git , Rspec, Debian, MySQL, Linux skills
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and / or Computer Science. An advanced degree would be a plus but is not required.