AdvancePierre Foods Employee Reviews

very good place to work
Operations Sanitations (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKOctober 10, 2017
Well me it was pretty fast pace for me to work . the first time I worked there was when I first got out of prison they took me in with no problem. Then later on they took me back with no problem
It was a nice place to work
Stacker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCSeptember 24, 2017
I would've liked to work there longer but the jobs where getting slack and sometimes we'll come to work and get sent home cause of lack of work.Sometimes people would take a long break and that was frustrating.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks sometimes
It sucked
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHSeptember 18, 2017
The management are stuck up idiots with no idea how to do their job. It is a very stressful environment and the pay is not worth the headache. I do not recommend working here.
Great benifits and beat them.
Tech Services, Meat/Dry Goods Receiving Auditor (Former Employee) –  Enid, OK 73701August 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. Combined over 18+ years. Great company to advance with only if you have a degree. Long work hours, good pay, great benefits. Holidays off, great for spending time with family.
Pros
great benefits, loyal long term employees
Cons
alot of changes in management some not so well received
ok place
Warehouse Worker Food Packer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 3, 2017
i was a wendys for so long that i got tired then i moved to north carolina for a couple months i loved the crew i worked with and my managers where great just got old to me
Pros
easy work
Cons
boreing
Walk in and take a look around and walk out
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJuly 27, 2017
This place is the new word for labor,breaks all close together in a ten hour shift,workers are mostly out of usa,bad attitudes,pay sucks,feels good until you put on a smock then its boiling hot,all i can say is run for it run!
Pros
Free pb sandwich the day you start
Cons
Pretty much all of it
very cold work enviornment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work was being in a cold enviornment, the hardest part about the job was how fast certain lines would go and staring at it and standing in one place all day would make you dizzy.
Pros
easy
Cons
cold
Not the worst job.
Lead (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 20, 2017
Overall, APF is a good company but some of the management team really could use a brush up on training and coaching skills. The work is fairly easy but they pay isn't always worth it, depending on your job responsibilities.
Pros
Union, benefits
Cons
Poor pay, management
Job Uncertainty
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 18, 2017
This company was just acquired by Tyson Foods, my second acquisition in less than one year. My career here is uncertain as we transition yet again from one company to the next.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Uncertain Future
Excellent team work and strategy
Vice President Finance Operations (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2017
Fast pace and focus.
Excellent strategic direction from the Board of Directors.
Great integration between the business units and the finance function as well as Marketing
Plant level management very poor
Line lead/operator (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJuly 14, 2017
1st shift supervisor is hard to get along with. They have their favorite and show it. Human resources is hard to get to understand problems with what poor supervisor they have.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Poor management
Room for growth
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NCJuly 3, 2017
Need management, everyone not on the same page, not willing to train fully, great benefits, to many bosses, not up for different suggestions from employees
A dynamic place to work that offers advancement in a positive, collaborative, team-winning culture.
Executive Assistant to CEO/CFO (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2017
AdvancePierre Foods is the greatest place I've worked in m career. I was fortunate and blessed to land this position 3 1/2 years ago. I've grown professionally and personally during this time due to working with a great management team that value hard working people and reward them for it. The culture is one where everyone works very collaboratively with a team-winning spirit, A place where we actually live out our mission, vision and values statement.
Pros
Free Coffee; Discounted company store; excellent culture; great Sr. Management Team
Cons
Great company to work for
Sales Analyst -Retail (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 11, 2017
Great mid-size company to work for with many opportunities. Employees are treated with respect. Work life balance excellent.Great people working there.
a good job for those who can put up with it
Hand Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJune 1, 2017
As an employee, you have very little value to the company. You are considered nothing but production numbers. With no time to rest, constant monotonous work, and vigorous depreciation, I found it very difficult to enjoy my job in the slightest. Your supervisors compare new employees to workers who have been there for years. Everyone who walks through those doors is already fired, or will want to be before they even start. Basically, getting a job here means building a career on negative feedback and dreadful work, on dismiss-able pay. I don't understand how anyone at this company could be remotely happy with their job, unless they were high on some kind of drug, and making twenty dollars an hour. I had an overwhelmingly awful experience with this organization.
Pros
good pay, convenient for locals
Cons
short breaks, tedious work, no appreciation, no value to company, strict rules
Treated unfairly! Robbed! Unfair to american employeea
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCMay 22, 2017
They have good benefits but they dont care about american employees only the foreign also if ur hired on and get fired theyll short you on getting ur unused ptos and vacation pay which is really messed up! I wish i knew how to go about getting my money im deserved!!! And owed!!!! Also if u wanna be shorted on ur paycheck from time to time then this is the place to work :)
Pros
Good benefits, cheap insurance and payrate is good easy work .
Cons
Unfair treatment, robbed money, rude, disrespectful operators.
Plenty of work to do to keep you busy.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 21, 2017
Plenty of work to do to keep you busy and the assignments cover different areas of the business making it interesting. Typical day and week goes fast. Benefits are comparable to other places. Best part is the bonus program.
Pros
Work assignments vary making the work interesting. Bonus program.
Average workplace, good management
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 20, 2017
Both times I worked with Advance I was in the freezer, and they were very leinent with time to warm up, they provided hand warmers and helped us get insulated boots. They were awesome to work for!
Productive days everyday and excellent management with supervisors and management
Packer (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 7, 2017
Advance Pierre Foods is a great company to work for, yet they have the workers there working up to three weeks with no days off, and I believe we all deserve a chance to get at least one weekend off. Nevertheless, it's a great company, but we all believe they should consider a bit that every worker does have a life at home and needs to attend there family as well.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No days off
Good Company
Material Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 1, 2017
Would not be opposed to working for them again in the future, especially considering the growth and changes the company is going through. Family business roots no longer relevant or visible in culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdvancePierre Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9