AdvancePierre Foods

AdvancePierre Foods United States Employee Reviews

Good teamwork; great people
Enterprise Business Intelligence Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2015
A typical day included pulling data from our ERP into data warehouse to create SSAS cubes and SSRS reports for our users. I learned a lot about how to define project requirements. My co-workers were wonderful and helpful and the VP of IT was awesome. He made the day very joyful.

The hardest was all the changes we went through and the lay-offs. We lost a lot of good people.
Extremely fast pace work.
Assembly Line Worker and Topper (Former Employee), Claremont, NCApril 4, 2015
Pros: The quicker you learn the faster you become.
Cons: Head will be spinning once the line stop.
It is not a bad job. Easy learning, but if the operator feels the need to turn up the speed, you have no choice but to put up with it. The line can go as fast as 180-200 sandwiches per minute. The lowest speed is 10 spm, but it is only for the wrappers area.
Tough on people
National Accounts Director, Sales Director East (Former Employee), Portland, MEMarch 9, 2015
Pros: tough travel schedule
Cons: to many bosses
They are tough on personnel owned by a LLC.
Only concerned with bottom line performance
They do not invest in people.
Constantly are changing the marching orders
Great Co-workers, able to to work across departmental functions
QA CN Label Tech (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioMarch 8, 2015
Pros: awesome cafeteria meals
Cons: long days during peak business times
Work days revolve around the production needs, weekends or longer days may need additional time dedication. Attention to detail is always a work in process with multiple checks in place in order to ensure the integrity of the finished good. The majority of the management and styles are easy to work with and provide motivational leadership. The co-workers within the company are flexible and easy to get along with inspiring and encouraging each other along the way. The challenges of the job are related to the upswing of business at peak times through out the year. The most enjoyable moments come from opportunities of growth in lessons learned.
TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
MECHANIC (Current Employee), Enid, OKMarch 6, 2015
Pros: moneys ok
Cons: no training available
NEED A CHECK THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO, OTHER THEN THAT
READY TO BE BELITTLED BY THE MANAGEMENT. THREATENED WITH YOUR JOB DAILY. FIX EVERYTHING BACK TO FACTORY SPECS WITHOUT ANY OF THE RIGHT PARTS
Great pay, poorly run
Op San (Former Employee), enid, okFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great pay.
Cons: poor management, terrible scheduling
Work at Advance if you want to get paid well, but not if you look for stable competent management. They let 1st shift slack and all the orders go to 2nd which makes them run late everyday. Orders will pile up and the company got behind. What was originally a 4-5 day a week job turned into a 7 day a week job. People quit or the company found reasons to fire them. Terrible terrible experience.
production safety and enjoyable
Quality Tech (Former Employee), Enid, OKJanuary 22, 2015
Getting the quota in by the end of the day getting everything correct as planned. always getting along with co-workers. not having the right colors is always the hardest part of the day because you had to wait another hour to get it done. I always had fun something new every day.
It was an okay employment.
Packer (Former Employee), Enid, OKJanuary 7, 2015
Once we got to work we did exercises. Then we started packing the meat. Sometimes I would pack and other days, I would weigh the mean then send it through the machine to be labeled and ready to be put on the pallet. There are even some days that I palletized.
Good work experience
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Enid, OKDecember 26, 2014
Not very good business at times. Very short handed at times. Not very good scheduling. No benefits nor good pay.
It is a very productive job
Sanitation (Former Employee), Claremont, NCDecember 16, 2014
Got to clean and sanitize every machine and the people there are great with team work. The hardest part of the job is to make sure the machines are clean enough to pass to run the next food product.
Interseting
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Enid, OKNovember 20, 2014
Its a job, Very interesting company. I do not wish toi write anything more on this page.
Nice people to work with
Production (Current Employee), Easley, SCNovember 18, 2014
It is always fun to start a day at work until they start switching you around. Thought i am being used but actually i have learned a lot of skills and am happy i know how to do all of that. Like operating a pea nut butter machine,assembler etc.
great work
Inventory Analyst Project (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: great place
• Identified and coordinated slow moving items, made appropriate recommendation, and expedited items to prevent liquidated sales
• Maintained appropriate status codes in various systems and regularly communicated with 5 warehouses on status changes and disposition
Packaging Engineer
Packaging Engineer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 11, 2014
Very fast paste company
100 of new packages per
short on manpower
great boss
not the easiest job in the world !
packer (Former Employee), Easley, SCOctober 4, 2014
Pros: good people good dose of reality .
Cons: very hard and fast paced work for 8.00 dollars an hour
the best part of working for advance pierre foods is the people you meet . they bring in a lot of people from many different cultures . the work its self is very fast paced on the pack line you have to pack these sandwiches coming down from a freezer . my job as a packer was to pack a certain amount of sandwiches into one box while at the same time inspecting the sandwiches for holes in the sandwich its self or the wrapper . after you fill the box you have to send it down the line on a conveyor belt that sends it through a tape machine and also puts an expiration date on the box . when were caught up on sandwiches we have to clean up our work space . after a year of working there I was moved down to the back of the line where my duties were to make sure the tape machine had plenty of tape and ink for the expiration date . then I would stack a certain amount of boxes onto a pallet and put them on the wrapping machine this makes the pallet more stable and helps keep the boxes from being damaged . then I would have to input the pallet into the computer system for inventory then print out the sticker for the pallet then , I would use a electric pallet jack or fork lift to take the pallet to an industrial freezer . then at the end of the day I have to clean my work area and turn in all the paper work from inventory to my supervisor .
Working as a Quality Tech
Quality Tech (Former Employee), Enid, OKSeptember 24, 2014
Everyday was something new and we were doing different things as the company grows
High pace, juggle many responsibilities
Human Resources Director (Former Employee), CincinnatiAugust 29, 2014
APF provides an opportunity to test your endurance. This is a high pace environment with no time for on the job training. It's equity owned and change is a constant. The people are great and will make life long friends.
Good Place overall
Line Leader/ hand wrapper (Former Employee), Amherst, OHAugust 23, 2014
When working for this place I enjoyed the hands on training. We worked together as a team, fast, and effectively. I enjoyed communicating with various employees they were like family. My supervisor recognized my strengths, and he me expand talents through the company.
Ever wonder why there are pages of jobs available at APF???
Middle Management (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioAugust 20, 2014
Pros: their paychecks are always on time, decent healthcare
Cons: you will need the decent healthcare since you will have endless physcial ailments due to the stress, the cons are endless
Don't just walk away....RUN!!! There are things happening at Advance Pierre Foods that you wouldn't believe unless you witnessed it yourself. Senior management makes it a regular event of eviscerating, berating, and de-humanizing their middle management in their weekly business meeting typically for things the individual had zero control over. With their being par for the course, everyone is always in denial if there is EVER any bad news to tell. You avoid delivering bad news and delay revealing facts until the last possible moment.

In some cases they tell people they are being fired....post their position on Indeed and then play games with them asking that they really need them to stay. There are two types of people at APF: BRAND new people who have yet to realize the disaster or those who have been there over 6 months and are desperately looking to leave.

I am aware of individuals who have taken a 15% salary cut JUST TO GET AWAY. Over the past year especially there have been endless employee illnesses directly related to the endless stress. Shingles, back and neck issues...etc. I could write a book about my true experiences that would be tough to comprehend that there was ACTUALLY a company this messed up.

My ONLY consolation is that I have had my 4th interview and I will likely put in my notice in a week or two.
great place to work
Food Handler/ packer /box operator/loading (Former Employee), Claremont, NCAugust 20, 2014
Responsibilities:
• Greet customers as they arrive
• Responded to customers’ needs and or complaints
• Resolved issues in a timely manner
• Identified prices of goods
• Counted money at the end and beginning of each shift
• Opened and closed store
• Trained new hires

1 2 3 4 5

About AdvancePierre Foods

AdvancePierre Foods is a leading supplier of value-added protein and handheld convenience products to the foodservice, school, – Read more

AdvancePierre Foods Salaries