AdvancePierre Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Great Benefits
Manager of Regulatory Affairs & Compliance (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKApril 25, 2016
It is hard work being in the food manufacturing business and a lot of days there are long hours. They do have a good compensation package (benefits).
Pros
Good Insurance
Buckle in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKApril 21, 2016
Politics killed this place. used to be great until the merge .. top heavy and it fell over.. only want the money... people are happy to have the jobs there. glad it is still in business for the town
Pros
No one died while I was there
Cons
They merged with the big city people
Productive & fast paced
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCApril 13, 2016
I really liked working at Pierre. My daughter had a doctors appt I gave notice the supervisor forgot to write it on the calendar and I was laid off for a no call no show.
Pros
fast paced, good food, employee discounts, very clean work enviroment
Cons
poor management, play favorites, very rude to employees
Great Co-workers with great attiudes
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Butler County, OHApril 11, 2016
As long as everyone is doing there job a typical workday is very enjoyable, I learned how to interact with different ethnic groups of people a revolving door of co-workers and management listening and learning everyone's views, My supervisor was very understand he listened and learned from his employees and let us do our jobs as we understand them. The upper management is very unaware of production workers and there jobs, Upper management is very closed minded, The hardest part of the job is constantly have to train new employees and new management to learn my job and also do my job at the same time witch is distracting when Machine Operation requires a lot of attention to detail, Most enjoyable part of my job is positive co-workers who are determined to do the best at there jobs and keep a great attitude and having great teamwork with fellow employees. Making sure we completed our schedule is everyone's job.
Pros
Sometimes I would recive free lunch at the cafiteria at our company
Cons
Always doing more than what the job required such as, doing a 2 man job in order to take breaks on a daily bases
You are a number to this company
Blend Tech (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 16, 2016
The job was alright until new management took over. If you get hired in formulation you barely get a break if your line is not keeping up with meat. Management will rotate the front all day. If you are not caught up do not expect to get a break. Right now if you are a operator they will force you to become a blend tech. Once you do it they will not let you get out of it. If you get in trouble with write ups you cannot transfer out what so ever. The people are great. The management only likes to make the formulation department jobs more difficult. If you come to work here watch your back.
Pros
People
Cons
constant changes for the worst.
Honest work and good work enviroment
Bread Runner (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCFebruary 13, 2016
Fast paced work. Good co-workers that are hard working. Management was firm but good. Enjoyed that the services went towards our military forces, schools.
Pros
Three breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 12, 2016
I was hired into a salary position. Salary I thought meant working 40 hours with occasional overtime. Management wants their employees to work at least 50 hours and in most cases 60 hour work weeks. Make sure you know their expectations before you except a position. People are very nice and friendly. Work is pleasant
Pros
Really nice people
Cons
Work/personal life balance
great work enviroment with dependable co-workers
spotter (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 8, 2016
Most days can be fast paced. Maintaining equipment, moving trailers and keeping movement logs make a full day of work. The general manager has an open door policy and is always available to listen and work with employees. When someone is sick, the other employees in my section are always willing to pitch in and help
Pros
great medical benefits and staff
Cons
some outdated equipment.(however many of those are being updated)
Fast paced and productive
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work consists of a fast-paced shipping and receiving environment, loading outbound trucks and unloading inbound trucks. The majority of the day is spent in a freezer and safety is paramount. Must know and utilize personal protective equipment, as well as tag and lock-out. Team work plays a major role.

The hardest part of the job is working in frigid temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to utilize one's skills.
long hours cold work environment
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJanuary 3, 2016
long working hours six and seven days a week cold work environment great people to work with pay is very good for this area
I gained a lot of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting experience.
Maintenance Mechanic/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKOctober 15, 2015
My review is very good. It was a great opportunity that I am grateful for everyday. It was a solid life experience. The best part was being able to practice my administrative skills when it comes to parts requisition, procurement of materials, and a host of other skillsets.
Growing company
Trade Spend Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 1, 2015
Managers are not very good. Very unorganized and not much enthusiasm, play favorites and offer very littel direction and very little follow through.
Pros
nice offices
Cons
unorganized
work 7 days a week
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCSeptember 14, 2015
It is a ok place to work. I worked their almost a year in maintenance and I was on 7 days a week 13 to 14 hours a day no vacation and no time off it got old after awhile not being able to have days off and getting worked to death.
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
spend more time at work than at home
A typical day at work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCAugust 31, 2015
I didn't like the company at all, it was daises looking at the line and just want make me more hungrier. And the mangers there are rude and the co-worker wasn't helpful.
Money Oriented, Product over Employees
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Enid, OkJuly 24, 2015
A typical work week consisted of 6 10 hour work days and constant impossible deadlines. The company is owned by an investment group and the whole company is run on the profit over product model. Great place to work if you need money and dont care to be around loved ones.
some employees were great to work with
Packer/Sandwich Assembly (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJuly 16, 2015
jobs was fast pace, always kept me busy, the other employees were great to work with and help time go by quickly, there were many safety rules which is great for employees especially being around food, some of the employees were rude including some managers but not all. over all the company had great benefits and a company nurse
Pros
great benefits and some employees
Cons
very strict on the body not a lot of movement expect the arms
had a chance to meet a lot of people
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  west chester ohioJuly 15, 2015
i learned a lot by working so long with one company. Took the time to train people properly and cross training gave people a chance to move up within the company
Pros
The hours
sometimes we get free lunch and movie ticket
machine operator (Former Employee) –  enid okJuly 11, 2015
nice people to work with. good benefits and have a lot of activities for employees and their immediate families. great place..
Pros
free lunches sometime
Cons
short break
Great place to work and gain further knowledge
54th Street Facility - Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Enid, OklahomaJuly 7, 2015
I enjoy working at Advance and have gained a lot of knowledge in further processing. I currently work any where from 8 to 10 hours and manage 12 employees and one lab tech. Since my time with the company our customers complaints have dropped significantly, rework pounds and pounds on hold has significantly dropped. I have also learned so much more in regards to HACCP and SQF. I am both HACCP trained and an SQF practitioner.
Pros
6th and 7th day pay, gain sharing bonus potential, have their own clinic
I liked being able to help the customers figure out there accounts.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJune 18, 2015
I was In-bound customer service calling. I learned different programs with my job. I liked being around my co-workers. The hardest part of the job with maintaining the call time. I enjoyed learning different programs, and being able to help customers understand there accounts.
Pros
We had breaks.
Cons
Heath care wasnt the best.