AdvancePierre Foods Employee Review

View all AdvancePierre Foods reviews

No clue how this company is still in business
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 29, 2013
A typical day is working with never ending insanity, endless email chains, and completely clueless co-workers. A few employees have great knowledge of the company and how to get things done but they typically hide this fact or they would be training people non-stop.
The computer systems are a mess and most employees receive little if any training. The datawarehouse and other systems were out of date decades ago. It takes layer after layer of menus to find anything. As though this were not challenging enough, you will see the same metrics on different menus but you will have access to only one of the paths.
Furthermore, if you check the same metrics on different systems you will find the numbers don't often match. Thankfully, accounting firms have been focusing on "soft skills" such as hand shaking, and not "hard skills" such as the application of complex accounting rules - or this company would never pass the annual audit.
The environment is hostile as most employees fear for their jobs after the numerous layoffs. People are thrown under the bus on a regular basis. Management seems unwilling to step in and stop the madness even if it has reached ridiculous proportions. People are yelled as and called out on the carpet for things they are not responsible for and management usually pours gasoline on the situation, instead of telling employees to chill out or whom they should contact. Given the number of office/plant closings/layoffs - I guess they have other things to do.
At almost every level employees are treated like dirt. Plant employees are being replaced by temps, many
  more... times spending hours waiting unpaid, sent home, or pushed to make up for some worn out machine's breakdown. Office workers are often pushed to make up for endless layoffs and management is consolidating overhead staff in states with terrible records of supporting any basic employee's rights.
My only solace is looking for another job and my boss and I cover for each other as we interview in our cars.
Pros
paycheck?
Cons
hostile, low pay, long hours, outdated equipment, poor management, no chance of advancement.

Other AdvancePierre Foods Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Sanitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Good place to make descent money. Benefits are good management ok. As a temp hard to get work sometimes. They tend to send people home of all lines are full
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Cannot advance as much anymore.
competitive.
Food Assembler (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHJanuary 17, 2018
this was a decent job but it was competitive. and it definitely had its down falls with favoritism. it was good money but not for what we have to do. it was a decent job but I wouldn't return if I had options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdvancePierre Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8