AdvancePierre Foods

AdvancePierre Foods Employer Reviews

not the easiest job in the world !
packer (Former Employee), Easley, SCOctober 4, 2014
Pros: good people good dose of reality .
Cons: very hard and fast paced work for 8.00 dollars an hour
the best part of working for advance pierre foods is the people you meet . they bring in a lot of people from many different cultures . the work its self is very fast paced on the pack line you have to pack these sandwiches coming down from a freezer . my job as a packer was to pack a certain amount of sandwiches into one box while at the same time – more... inspecting the sandwiches for holes in the sandwich its self or the wrapper . after you fill the box you have to send it down the line on a conveyor belt that sends it through a tape machine and also puts an expiration date on the box . when were caught up on sandwiches we have to clean up our work space . after a year of working there I was moved down to the back of the line where my duties were to make sure the tape machine had plenty of tape and ink for the expiration date . then I would stack a certain amount of boxes onto a pallet and put them on the wrapping machine this makes the pallet more stable and helps keep the boxes from being damaged . then I would have to input the pallet into the computer system for inventory then print out the sticker for the pallet then , I would use a electric pallet jack or fork lift to take the pallet to an industrial freezer . then at the end of the day I have to clean my work area and turn in all the paper work from inventory to my supervisor . – less
Working as a Quality Tech
Quality Tech (Former Employee), Enid, OKSeptember 24, 2014
Everyday was something new and we were doing different things as the company grows
High pace, juggle many responsibilities
Human Resources Director (Former Employee), CincinnatiAugust 29, 2014
APF provides an opportunity to test your endurance. This is a high pace environment with no time for on the job training. It's equity owned and change is a constant. The people are great and will make life long friends.
Good Place overall
Line Leader/ hand wrapper (Former Employee), Amherst, OHAugust 23, 2014
When working for this place I enjoyed the hands on training. We worked together as a team, fast, and effectively. I enjoyed communicating with various employees they were like family. My supervisor recognized my strengths, and he me expand talents through the company.
Ever wonder why there are pages of jobs available at APF???
Middle Management (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioAugust 20, 2014
Pros: their paychecks are always on time, decent healthcare
Cons: you will need the decent healthcare since you will have endless physcial ailments due to the stress, the cons are endless
Don't just walk away....RUN!!! There are things happening at Advance Pierre Foods that you wouldn't believe unless you witnessed it yourself. Senior management makes it a regular event of eviscerating, berating, and de-humanizing their middle management in their weekly business meeting typically for things the individual had zero control over. With – more... their being par for the course, everyone is always in denial if there is EVER any bad news to tell. You avoid delivering bad news and delay revealing facts until the last possible moment.

In some cases they tell people they are being fired....post their position on Indeed and then play games with them asking that they really need them to stay. There are two types of people at APF: BRAND new people who have yet to realize the disaster or those who have been there over 6 months and are desperately looking to leave.

I am aware of individuals who have taken a 15% salary cut JUST TO GET AWAY. Over the past year especially there have been endless employee illnesses directly related to the endless stress. Shingles, back and neck issues...etc. I could write a book about my true experiences that would be tough to comprehend that there was ACTUALLY a company this messed up.

My ONLY consolation is that I have had my 4th interview and I will likely put in my notice in a week or two. – less
great place to work
Food Handler/ packer /box operator/loading (Former Employee), Claremont, NCAugust 20, 2014
Responsibilities:
• Greet customers as they arrive
• Responded to customers’ needs and or complaints
• Resolved issues in a timely manner
• Identified prices of goods
• Counted money at the end and beginning of each shift
• Opened and closed store
• Trained new hires
Mechanic/Production world
Lead Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Easley, SCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: vacation is shorted, no raises, no bonuses
My typical day consist of coming in getting a pass down from my Maintenance Manager. Take a tour with my boss to see what needs to be done for the day and pass it down to my other colleagues so we all can be on the same page. I then walk out on the production floor to see how everything is running and to see if there are any problems or issues that – more... may have been overseen throughout the day. I have learned about Ammonia systems and how it refrigerates the facility through the freezer and spiral that will freeze the product. One of my colleagues have been working with me to perfect my welding abilities. I work with a lot of great people and the most hardest part in my opinion is trying to speak to the operators about a problem on the machine and they cant understand you because they don't speak much English. The most enjoyable part in my job is the challenges that I may be faced with from day-to-day. – less
Motivational workplace
Up Production Operator (Former Employee), Orange City, IAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: set schedule, employee sales on products, holiday meals, healthcare
Cons: lack of pay, bad communication with higher management
Productive fast paced and friendly
Light Industrial (Former Employee), Amherst, OHAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free sandwiches
Cons: n/a
The day went by so fast working at Pierre foods. The environment was positive and friendly everyday I looked forward to going to work.
Productive workplace with good co workers
Machine Operator/Line Lead (Former Employee), Claremont, NCJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free meals when production was met
Cons: late on yearly reviews
Enjoyed working with co-workers during the time I was there. Most supervisors did very well with there jobs.
A typical work shift 11 PM to 7 AM.
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Amherst, OHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: the work routine was consistant and organized.
Cons: we worked in cold conditions without appropriate gloves.
The shift began with printing paperwork that reflected the production materials requirements for the next day. This printout showed us what materials were needed and the production line breakdown.
As soon as the second shift ended their shift I inspected the forklift and completed the safety checklist. Using the printed pick list I proceeded to pull – more... materials for the next production day shift. This took approximately four to five hours. A fifteen minute break was taken at 2 AM. Then at 4 AM a 1/2 lunch break was required.
Coming back from lunch break there were incoming trucks that needed to be unloaded. This usually consumed the rest of the work shift. If time permitted I would sweep and clean the loading dock area. – less
good company
quality records reviewer (Former Employee), 9990 princeton glendale rdJune 20, 2014
liked my job very much..worked long hours and lots of paperwork very detailed
Good people who try hard
Senior Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Claremont, NCJune 2, 2014
Good products and people. Typically day is 6:30 am to 5:30pm.
Most enjoyable part of day is when production looks happy and good products are being produced. Roughest part of day is when something breaks down and the schedule has to be changed.
great place
Transfer/Packer (Former Employee), Enid, OKMay 9, 2014
great co-workers, decent fast paced workplace, decent management and great hours
Micromanagement, no team players
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Enid, OKApril 22, 2014
Pros: sign on bonus
Cons: short healthcare
The leadership in the work environment was lacking in areas. Employee's were all great people and learned fast.
Good Place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Springdale, OHApril 14, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
It was fun place to work friendly people, just was not making what i was told and i moved out of state
A company that does not encourage or reward leadership from real industry experience. They prefer not to rock the boat rather than improve
Former Employee (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2014
Management recognizes those in senior levels that are the loudest rather than those that have the most experience. The company does not reward innovation or increased productivity ideas. They have senior levels (VP's and above) that silence great ideas or opportunities for improvement or cost savings. Those that remain in the company are those that – more... do not rock the boat and those that are ok to let mistakes reach the end-user as long as they continue to get paid. The company has a few people running the show yet they are the least qualified. They are supplier lead and allow the suppliers to dictate design and materials/ingredients regardless on if this is correct or best for the company. The company is VERY old-school, and there is certainly a lack of excitement and energy. There is a real fear to open your mouth even if you are the most knowledgeable in that specific discipline or area of expertise. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN ENVIROMENT
HANDWRAPPER,QUALITY CONTROL (Former Employee), AMHERST OHMarch 29, 2014
ASSEMBLE WORK PEOPLE ARE GREAT AND PRODUCTIVE TEAM IS A HUGE FACTOR IN THE PRODUCTION PROCESS AND COMMUNICATION IS KEY TO WHY WE CREATED SUCCESS EVERYDYAY
nice people
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: tempture
a typical day at work consisted of packing meat palletizing and cleaning branding irons how they processed the food cold learned to run a machine
Chill place where I felt relaxed.
Packer (Former Employee), Enid, OKMarch 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, charge food to your account.
Cons: points system.
I would arrive at work about 10 minute prior to my clock in time, get my gear on, and head out on the floor to see what we were doing that day before clocking in. My supervisor was very lazy and made his line leaders and employees make all of his decisions for him. My co-workers were very hardworking and I got along with them very well. I really enjoyed – more... when I was allowed to just pack, without running around doing everyone else's job. It freed my mind. – less

1 2 3 4

About AdvancePierre Foods

AdvancePierre Foods is a leading supplier of value-added protein and handheld convenience products to the foodservice, school, – Read more