AdvancePierre Foods Employee Reviews

Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 12, 2016
I was hired into a salary position. Salary I thought meant working 40 hours with occasional overtime. Management wants their employees to work at least 50 hours and in most cases 60 hour work weeks. Make sure you know their expectations before you except a position. People are very nice and friendly. Work is pleasant
Pros
Really nice people
Cons
Work/personal life balance
great work enviroment with dependable co-workers
spotter (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 8, 2016
Most days can be fast paced. Maintaining equipment, moving trailers and keeping movement logs make a full day of work. The general manager has an open door policy and is always available to listen and work with employees. When someone is sick, the other employees in my section are always willing to pitch in and help
Pros
great medical benefits and staff
Cons
some outdated equipment.(however many of those are being updated)
Fast paced and productive
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work consists of a fast-paced shipping and receiving environment, loading outbound trucks and unloading inbound trucks. The majority of the day is spent in a freezer and safety is paramount. Must know and utilize personal protective equipment, as well as tag and lock-out. Team work plays a major role.

The hardest part of the job is working in frigid temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to utilize one's skills.
long hours cold work environment
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJanuary 3, 2016
long working hours six and seven days a week cold work environment great people to work with pay is very good for this area
I gained a lot of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting experience.
Maintenance Mechanic/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKOctober 15, 2015
My review is very good. It was a great opportunity that I am grateful for everyday. It was a solid life experience. The best part was being able to practice my administrative skills when it comes to parts requisition, procurement of materials, and a host of other skillsets.
Growing company
Trade Spend Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 1, 2015
Managers are not very good. Very unorganized and not much enthusiasm, play favorites and offer very littel direction and very little follow through.
Pros
nice offices
Cons
unorganized
work 7 days a week
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCSeptember 14, 2015
It is a ok place to work. I worked their almost a year in maintenance and I was on 7 days a week 13 to 14 hours a day no vacation and no time off it got old after awhile not being able to have days off and getting worked to death.
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
spend more time at work than at home
A typical day at work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCAugust 31, 2015
I didn't like the company at all, it was daises looking at the line and just want make me more hungrier. And the mangers there are rude and the co-worker wasn't helpful.
Money Oriented, Product over Employees
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Enid, OkJuly 24, 2015
A typical work week consisted of 6 10 hour work days and constant impossible deadlines. The company is owned by an investment group and the whole company is run on the profit over product model. Great place to work if you need money and dont care to be around loved ones.
some employees were great to work with
Packer/Sandwich Assembly (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJuly 16, 2015
jobs was fast pace, always kept me busy, the other employees were great to work with and help time go by quickly, there were many safety rules which is great for employees especially being around food, some of the employees were rude including some managers but not all. over all the company had great benefits and a company nurse
Pros
great benefits and some employees
Cons
very strict on the body not a lot of movement expect the arms
had a chance to meet a lot of people
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  west chester ohioJuly 15, 2015
i learned a lot by working so long with one company. Took the time to train people properly and cross training gave people a chance to move up within the company
Pros
The hours
sometimes we get free lunch and movie ticket
machine operator (Former Employee) –  enid okJuly 11, 2015
nice people to work with. good benefits and have a lot of activities for employees and their immediate families. great place..
Pros
free lunches sometime
Cons
short break
Great place to work and gain further knowledge
54th Street Facility - Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Enid, OklahomaJuly 7, 2015
I enjoy working at Advance and have gained a lot of knowledge in further processing. I currently work any where from 8 to 10 hours and manage 12 employees and one lab tech. Since my time with the company our customers complaints have dropped significantly, rework pounds and pounds on hold has significantly dropped. I have also learned so much more in regards to HACCP and SQF. I am both HACCP trained and an SQF practitioner.
Pros
6th and 7th day pay, gain sharing bonus potential, have their own clinic
I liked being able to help the customers figure out there accounts.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJune 18, 2015
I was In-bound customer service calling. I learned different programs with my job. I liked being around my co-workers. The hardest part of the job with maintaining the call time. I enjoyed learning different programs, and being able to help customers understand there accounts.
Pros
We had breaks.
Cons
Heath care wasnt the best.
loved the people I worked with
packer (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCMay 10, 2015
really loved the people but the ones running the place don't know what they are doing. they tell you they will hire you on after x amount of hours and I did 3 times as many hours and I still didn't get hired on I never missed a day never was late they don't see who is a good worker and who isn't.
great job, poor management
utilitys maint. (Former Employee) –  Enterprise- Enid Ok.April 23, 2015
Got along with co workers, enjoyed the work, took forever to get parts at times. Bigest thing is to cover your butt because every one eise is.
Pros
Good money, Good training when or if you recived it!
Cons
Management & lack of communication
Good teamwork; great people
Enterprise Business Intelligence Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2015
A typical day included pulling data from our ERP into data warehouse to create SSAS cubes and SSRS reports for our users. I learned a lot about how to define project requirements. My co-workers were wonderful and helpful and the VP of IT was awesome. He made the day very joyful.

The hardest was all the changes we went through and the lay-offs. We lost a lot of good people.
Extremely fast pace work.
Assembly Line Worker and Topper (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCApril 4, 2015
It is not a bad job. Easy learning, but if the operator feels the need to turn up the speed, you have no choice but to put up with it. The line can go as fast as 180-200 sandwiches per minute. The lowest speed is 10 spm, but it is only for the wrappers area.
Pros
The quicker you learn the faster you become.
Cons
Head will be spinning once the line stop.
Tough on people
National Accounts Director, Sales Director East (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 9, 2015
They are tough on personnel owned by a LLC.
Only concerned with bottom line performance
They do not invest in people.
Constantly are changing the marching orders
Pros
tough travel schedule
Cons
to many bosses
Great Co-workers, able to to work across departmental functions
QA CN Label Tech (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioMarch 8, 2015
Work days revolve around the production needs, weekends or longer days may need additional time dedication. Attention to detail is always a work in process with multiple checks in place in order to ensure the integrity of the finished good. The majority of the management and styles are easy to work with and provide motivational leadership. The co-workers within the company are flexible and easy to get along with inspiring and encouraging each other along the way. The challenges of the job are related to the upswing of business at peak times through out the year. The most enjoyable moments come from opportunities of growth in lessons learned.
Pros
awesome cafeteria meals
Cons
long days during peak business times